Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Blondetourage

Taylor enlists Oliver to help her carry out a scheme so she can ditch her friend Ellen and go to a concert with her blondetourage; Katie makes some poor and desperate parenting decisions.

I love that Taylor's blonde friends were named Summit, London and Zola. LOL. Summit? 

Always fun to see Bebe Woods. I wish she'd get a series that isn't cancelled after one season (although technically I guess The Real O'Neals lasted 1.5 seasons.)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I love that Taylor's blonde friends were named Summit, London and Zola. LOL. Summit? 

Always fun to see Bebe Woods. I wish she'd get a series that isn't cancelled after one season (although technically I guess The Real O'Neals lasted 1.5 seasons.)

I know, we were laughing when Oliver said it was as fake as their names. I was also laughing at Spencer not getting the Christmas jokes before she told him to buy a clue. Speaking of which, I enjoyed that Katie got him on something he knows will be punishment him. However, I really am tired of Oliver and Taylor's sell out attitudes because it has really cost them more now. Plus, basically Oliver being told he is his friend's bitch, so don't start using your brain now. Should have been a wake up call for him. I actually cheered when Ellen told Taylor to go to hell after what she did. Felt like for once the kids were getting more of the reality of their rich sell-out attitude is biting them back in the ass. As for Katie trying to get Anna-kat to need her again. I would have cheered if Anna would have said she didn't need me, because it means she is starting to get a clue on reality and not her OCD. Which once again, the writers use when it serves the plot. Loved Greg wondering where the tornado book came from and under the pillow, which he knew made no sense. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I love Cooper and Katie telling him to shut up. The scepter stuff was hilarious!

I also loved the scene in the playhouse when Cooper confidently tells Oliver that he doesn't know his own parents as well as he does and they're going to love Oliver's business plan... and then proudly details the whole scheme to a seething Katie and Greg.  Cooper is so naive about pretty much anything regarding real life as the rest of the people on the planet live it, but so good-hearted in his own clueless way that it's fun to watch.  Some day... Katie is going to make him sad!!!

Taylor looks much better with a more natural hair color.  It looks like that bleach fried her hair (I hope it's a wig) and it doesn't look right with her skin tone and eyebrow color.  Too bad wanting to fit in with the 'blondetourage' won out.  I hope she goes back to her previous color soon.

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, AnnaRose said:

I also loved the scene in the playhouse when Cooper confidently tells Oliver that he doesn't know his own parents as well as he does and they're going to love Oliver's business plan... and then proudly details the whole scheme to a seething Katie and Greg.  Cooper is so naive about pretty much anything regarding real life as the rest of the people on the planet live it, but so good-hearted in his own clueless way that it's fun to watch.  Some day... Katie is going to make him sad!!!

That's what I enjoyed about Katie at the end with how Cooper could get in trouble and even he admitted it. The thing I don't like is how Oliver is basically told he is Cooper's bitch right now since Oliver is so on his "sell out" attitude. Any other kid would be: "Holy crap, you are right!" The focus lately on Oliver getting reality checks this season I think they are heading somewhere. Season 1 Oliver was the right balance, here in season 2 it's turned up to 13 and then you have a couple of episodes where it is down to 5, where I think is the perfect balance. I loved that Taylor had her plans completely backfire on her with Ellen, it was needed. I'm waiting for a big one on Oliver and I think it's going to happen and Cooper is going to be the reason.

I really don't think Oliver is Cooper's "bitch" at all. They're friends. Cooper has WAY more money and clearly wouldn't mind spending it on Oliver, and Oliver refuses to let him. Cooper's a weird kid with an entitled and out of whack view of the world, but he and Oliver clearly respect and like each other. The actively work against what could be a power imbalance, even though it was totally nice, and not a power move when Cooper was all "why don't I just buy you the shoes?" because it really genuinely would've been NBD for him.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

I really don't think Oliver is Cooper's "bitch" at all. They're friends. Cooper has WAY more money and clearly wouldn't mind spending it on Oliver, and Oliver refuses to let him. Cooper's a weird kid with an entitled and out of whack view of the world, but he and Oliver clearly respect and like each other. The actively work against what could be a power imbalance, even though it was totally nice, and not a power move when Cooper was all "why don't I just buy you the shoes?" because it really genuinely would've been NBD for him.

Yes, that's the way I see it too.  I like that Oliver has that self awareness.

• Love 1
On 1/4/2018 at 11:39 AM, iMonrey said:

I like to think that's one of those "conception place names," like her parents hooked up on a ski lift or something...

Taylor looks much better with a more natural hair color.  It looks like that bleach fried her hair (I hope it's a wig) and it doesn't look right with her skin tone and eyebrow color. 

Personally I didn't think her hair looked too bad. The way Katie was carrying on, you'd have thought that Taylor wanted to dye her hair pink or green, like a lot of teens today do. As basically every female on the planet has wanted hair some other color at some point in her life, that was pretty mild, in my book.

• Love 1
On 1/6/2018 at 10:37 AM, theatremouse said:

So how was Oliver able to wear the expensive sneakers home in order to show his parents?

• Love 1