Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Killing Field

After a young couple goes missing, detectives find a clue leading them to a strange storage container in the middle of 95 acres, and what's inside unlocks the secrets of a monster hiding in plain sight.

Good god.  I watch a lot of true crime stuff but this may be the most disturbing episode of anything I've ever seen.

I've seen a few different episodes of this case but never one with the actual footage.  Kala - what a ridiculously strong person she must be.  Seeing the actual rescue footage of her and the level of composure she showed during that moment - I don't think I could ever have been that strong.  

And Kohlhepp - what a useless piece of shit he is.  His pride while telling the police how he killed innocent people was sickening.  Like he really thought the police were going to be impressed with how quickly he reloaded his gun.  

I've never been one for the death penalty, but this is a case where I wouldn't think twice about it.  Sadly that option was taken off the table - he deserved it.

And thinking back to the Dateline interview with his mother and how she defended everything he did - its no wonder he was such a fucking loon.  Like mother, like son I guess.

• Love 7

I wouldn't call it gross but Kohlepp is disturbing in the Ted Bundy sort of way.  It makes you feel vulnerable to know that someone who seems so ordinary can be so sick.  

Edited by speac
  • Love 7

So, do you all think I can stomach this?

I really am a true crime freak, but I have my limits. I watch probably 10 or 12 different true crime shows now that I am retired. Love it.  I still have this one saved I think. 

• Love 1

I wouldn't call it gross either but there were 2 things that were different about this one for me - the actual rescue footage - it wasn't gruesome, but it just really hurt my heart to see how she was kept, and to see that she was so emotionally shut down.

And the footage of that scumbag so proudly telling the officers about how he murdered people for perceived slights against him.

I was just so unsettled for the rest of the night.  Maybe watching during the day would be better. 

• Love 5

Oh man, I did watch it, he was a monster, so very very proud of himself about all the people he killed and that it didn't take him very long to reload.  I bet he killed dozens of people they don't know about, or he just wants them to think that. What a pig to boot!  You are right it wasn't gross, it was just sickening, and I have to say, of course, I totally enjoyed it because I love this stuff for some strange reason.  They do a good job on this particular series!  Nobody ever dies on death row, so it's better that he dies in prison, and I hope a Neo Nazi kills him. I hope it makes the news. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I bet he killed dozens of people they don't know about

I completely agree with this.  They need to review cold cases near wherever he has lived in the past.

• Love 3

I don't know if they're still posted but Todd Kolhepp reviewed several interesting items on Amazon under his own name, mostly tactical gear, weapons, a big hunting knife... and a set of spatulas.  His reviews had that same cocky, narcissistic tone.  

• Love 3

So very disturbing. Todd was not mad at Kala as he claims - he was obsessed with her.  She is an amazingly strong woman, and I hope she is getting the help and support she needs. The footage of her in the ambulance was chilling, and it was telling that a seasoned detective became emotional while discussing the conditions she was found in, and had to take a break. 

They never did circle back to Charlie's ex-wife. I don't supposed she was involved, but why impersonate one of the investigators and make the RIP FB post? Wanting to cause grief for Charlie's family & friends? Attention-seeking? Crazy? A little of all 3?

Totally don't believe that the couple he killed tried to rob or otherwise harm him.

I guess SC doesn't do background checks on those applying to become licensed real estate professionals. 

On 1/2/2018 at 1:08 AM, sskrill said:

And Kohlhepp - what a useless piece of shit he is.  His pride while telling the police how he killed innocent people was sickening.  Like he really thought the police were going to be impressed with how quickly he reloaded his gun.  

Right? "Y'all would have been proud of me". The f*ck???? 

• Love 5

The earlier episode on him (Dateline? 20/20? 48 Hours? ID? - they all run together in my tiny mind) featured his equally delusional Mum, who ignored all the early warning signs (goldfish, anyone?) and tried to make lame excuses for his abominable behavior through her crocodile tears.

• Love 5

This was the first time I saw the police interviews with him... saying he was off his mark with the shots into the woman’s chest, not his best work.... sheesh!!! And the ambulance footage and the footage as they unchained her... that will forever be etched in my memory.

I’m guessing there are a lot more bodies buried down in SC... not too far from me.

I think these People investigates are pretty good. They are much better than the actual magazine.

I had seen about this story before, though.  Sometimes, when s a person seems odd, it's best to stay away or at least report them to police.  But, it's unlikely police would have done too much. without evidence. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1