Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I'm not denying that any of it happened, I just hadn't really heard anything about it until now.  I figured they wouldn't want someone like that around, if the stories were true.  I can't imagine he generates that much money for them, but maybe I'm wrong.  I honestly don't know much about how any of the cons work.  Obviously it's a big source of income for the stars, so I totally get why they go to so many, but they're still representing the network, I would assume.  Oh well, I guess we'll learn more if something else comes up.

49 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

bviously it's a big source of income for the stars, so I totally get why they go to so many, but they're still representing the network, I would assume

They aren't representing the network at Creation or Rogue or JIBcon. Comic Con is pretty much mandated by the network and/or Warner Brothers and barring illness or injury they can't really NOT do Comic Con.

50 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'm not denying that any of it happened, I just hadn't really heard anything about it until now.  I figured they wouldn't want someone like that around, if the stories were true.  I can't imagine he generates that much money for them, but maybe I'm wrong.  I honestly don't know much about how any of the cons work.  Obviously it's a big source of income for the stars, so I totally get why they go to so many, but they're still representing the network, I would assume.  Oh well, I guess we'll learn more if something else comes up.

The network doesn't have a piece of this pie.  I think the WB allow the conventions and have probably come to some agreement with the WB regarding existence of the Creation Entertainment conventions.   The oversees conventions are not Creation Entertainment and in any case, I think they work with the cast managers to make arrangements for their appearance, nothing with the network or even the WB.  For the WB, it's free press.

As for TAW, I think there's plenty of direct indications (i.e. his own tweets), that there's an issue here.  Perhaps they like him more overseas?  IDK.

• Love 2

Well, I admit that I do not follow his tweets, so I'm seriously out of the loop on this.  I never liked the character and don't think the actor's very good, so he's not really on my radar at all.  I guess I need to pay closer attention.

Lovely. Rome is a good time.  Have fun!

Regarding Ackles tweets, I also love United...nothing like flying United Global First.  (seriously international first class is a wonderful experience try it if you can)

Yeah, all of the pics of Jared at Jibcon are mighty nice with the hair.

He said at some point during the con that "they won't let me cut my hair".  We all know why.  ;-)

• Love 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I have no idea what's happening in this picture but Jensen looks intense. It's from the "Jailbreak" concert they have after JIBcon.

tumblr_o7n9oba9jD1rejdwzo2_540.jpg

That's Daniela, Jared, and Gen which you probably know ...I think he has his hand on Jared's knee which is adorable. 

Edited by Binns
  • Love 1

Latest trailer for the CW in the fall. They have Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, LoT,iZombie, TVD/The Originals,Jane the Virgin, Crazy Ex, REIGN and Frequency, not one frame for the fucking Winchesters. And yet their slogan is Dare to Defy the Odds. Well I think 11 seasons,3 showrunners and 2 networks deserves a goddamn frame. And since there isn't, I'm kind of wondering why not? That's insane.

They don't seem to ever promote SPN.  It's almost as if they don't like the show.  You'd think it would be their flagship series, since it's still so popular and it's been around for over a decade.  I know that Jared and Jensen are probably too old by CW's standards, but the show still draws in the young fans.  It does seem a bit ridiculous.

(edited)

Okay, there's another trailer, or part of the same?  (A box in box thing.)  Anyway, yeah, they have Sam and Dean and meat hooks, which I think was the same as they had last year.  So they're not totally ignored, just almost totally.  ;-)

Edited by Omegamom
3 minutes ago, Omegamom said:

Okay, there's another trailer, or part of the same?  (A box in box thing.)  Anyway, yeah, they have Sam and Dean and meat hooks, which I think was the same as they had last year.  So they're not totally ignored, just almost totally.  ;-)

That's not the main trailer for all the shows for this season.

They are promoting Super girl heavily.  Lots of Super girl because the show has just come on board. It's the one they need to get the ratings up for.  I noticed Super girl more than the others.

However just after that they have dare to defy and the boys are in that.  Since it's only been a few seasons that they promoted the boys, I'm not going to worry.  They have been doing a really good job of promoting it with the Facebook videos this year and I bet they continue that again.

1 minute ago, 7kstar said:

hey have been doing a really good job of promoting it with the Facebook videos this year and I bet they continue that again

That's not CW official promotion. That's the SHOW and it's production team doing the promotions.

I'm bitching about the lack of  OFFICIAL CW promotion of SPN. I'm gonna bitch about this until the cows come home.

I'm not completely ignorant of how TV promotion works. Do I work in the field? Of course not, but I understand enough to be well aware that they are not going to spend much on the show that is on the air 12 years. I get it. I DO NOT LIKE IT. If Jensen had never made that email public, we wouldn't know about it.

Right after you watch that trailer it is the next vid, like a continuation.  I get it.  It would be nice if they would promote it with just a short shot even, just when I watched I kept seeing Super girl and had to work to get the others.  But then again I don't watch the others. 

By the way, them putting Supernatural back on Thursdays is almost full circle.  This is the case of taking the fan base for granted.  But it is early in the promotion circle so we may get a crumb later...although I won't hold my breath.  :)

• Love 1
(edited)

So while Jared's at a convention, Jensen is out shopping....

shopping.jpg

And I can't help but think... GOOD priorities.  Get the wife* a gift while over in Rome.  His mama didn't raise no fool.

*It appears to be a ladies shop.

Edited by SueB
34 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Huh. I know it was said he was "unavailable" for JIB-land but surely he didn't just mean shopping!  LOL

Well... maybe he has a flight today  and couldn't fit in an appearance AND a few minutes shopping before heading to the airport....

Which again, I'd say, good priorities. 

• Love 1
Just now, SueB said:

Well... maybe he has a flight today  and couldn't fit in an appearance AND a few minutes shopping before heading to the airport....

Which again, I'd say, good priorities. 

DUTY FREE at the airport Jensen! Come on, man.

You realize I'm joking right? Because I'm seriously starting to think my humor totally never lands here.

I do realize your joking... but I can also see him "sweetening the pot" when negotiating the Rome trip with "and I'll pick you up something special from that little boutique you like...."   Because, he actually DOES have fashion sense from everything I've gathered AND his wife would look good in just about anything he buys.

I didn't think he was shopping for himself in a ladies boutique...OR maybe he was..hey man. I don't judge! Whatever floats your boat, Jenny A.( that's what Jensen said Ben Affleck calls him LOL. I love Jensen's dry wit. )

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, SueB said:

Not that there's any pressure with personally being responsible for the Vancouver economy ... Or anything.  

I've often said that might be the biggest reason why J2 don't leave. They feel a responsibility for all the folks that have worked with them over the years. 

• Love 2

Getting multiple new writers next season could actually be a very good thing.  It'll be a new story for them, so there'll be some freshness there.  As long as they do their homework where Sam and Dean's personalities are concerned, we might be in for some good storytelling next season.  I'm actually pretty excited.

• Love 4

Jensen talks about Deadpool. This is the first time he's ever really admitted that he lost out on a project that it sounds like really was a thing that was going to happen if not for scheduling. Man. :( Like I said in the Cast Members in other Roles thread, I'm willing to bet it was Ajax.

I can certainly see where it's a difficult position for him to be in.  I honestly believe that Jensen enjoys making/working on Supernatural, and is not ready to give that up yet.  But I can see where he might like to do something different, as well.  Unfortunately, that either means missing multiple episodes of the show, which when you are one of two main co-stars, is not an easy thing to do, or it means giving up your off time, which is also a difficult thing to do.  I'm sure they're a bit spent by the end of the season and very much looking forward to that downtime, and it's also the main family time they get.  

I think Jensen is a good enough actor that he will have a career after Supernatural, if he wants one.  And he's not even 40 yet, so he has plenty of "prime" years left.  

It's a crapshoot, really.  There are plenty of actors who've left very successful television shows because they thought they could cash in on their popularity, and transition to movies.  Some managed to make a go of it, but there are plenty of others who never found the success they were looking for in films, and never returned to the fame level they had in television.  I can fully understand the decision to stick with the sure thing, while at the same time being a bit disappointed by missed opportunities.  Selfishly, I'm glad they decided to stay at least one more year, as it ensures that I'll still get to watch them every week.

• Love 2