Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

LOLOL this is funny. Fans tweeting about Conolulu

1 hour ago, Diane said:

Even for Mark who is always salty, this sounds like shade.

Oh it's total shade. He's made it pretty clear he didn't like what happened with Crowley in s12.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Oh so, Jensen apparently writes songs with Rob Benedict.

I read recently that Jensen said he wouldn't record an album without original music and he wasn't a songwriter (loosely paraphrased) - can we hope that this is a step in that direction? Pretty please?

• Love 3

Full version of Fair here. From the intro it's not clear to me that Jensen and/or Robyn actually had a hand in writing this song. Is there more info out there? Jensen is more or less singing backup to Rob, but it's great to hear such awesome tone in his voice. He has real vocal talent.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Full version of Fair here. From the intro it's not clear to me that Jensen and/or Robyn actually had a hand in writing this song. Is there more info out there? Jensen is more or less singing backup to Rob, but it's great to hear such awesome tone in his voice. He has real vocal talent.

I'm going by Fangasm's tweet  which seems like they probably have some inside scoop?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm going by Fangasm's tweet  which seems like they probably have some inside scoop?

Maybe, but that intro really doesn't seem like it. I'd love it if someone asked him or Rob today. ETA: she isn't there this time, so unless it's prior inside scoop, I assume she's basing it on the same info.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe, but that intro really doesn't seem like it. I'd love it if someone asked him or Rob today. ETA: she isn't there this time, so unless it's prior inside scoop, I assume she's basing it on the same info.

I wouldn't be surprised if she had prior scoop given her closeness with the cast because of the books. 

29 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I really hope there is video because I need to see him say this:

and this  (thank you Jensen):

LOOLOL at his comment about Buck Lemming. Damn I hopw that's legit shade.

And yes thank you about Dean not being a womanizer! I've said that for so long! That's great. Are people actually asking show related questions? /thud

B

• Love 5
5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

At the SPNDC SNS Rob mentioned that he 'wrote this song with Jensen' but then he also said he was working on it and Jensen and someone else was going to set and said, 'when we get back you'll have this finished', and he did.  So... I think he collaborated with Jensen but I'm not sure if Jensen wrote it so much as engaged wtih Rob as he was writing.

I'd also note that unlike past events, at SPNDC, it was almost ALL Louden Swain songs sung by cast members.  I think they have at least 4-5 albums now.  So almost NO covers.

• Love 1

I wonder if this is accurate. On the IMDb board there was a poster who often cited stats that, while the con-attending fans are predominantly female, the show demo was more evenly split. Love Jensen's answer, either way.

Heheh, I'm really going to need video of these panels.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I wonder if this is accurate. On the IMDb board there was a poster who often cited stats that, while the con-attending fans are predominantly female, the show demo was more evenly split. Love Jensen's answer, either way.

Yes I think that was more or less accurate. I think if you look at that demos of the viewing audience it's split pretty evenly with men and women. They just don't spend money on cons. 

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Yes I think that was more or less accurate. I think if you look at that demos of the viewing audience it's split pretty evenly with men and women. They just don't spend money on cons. 

My (poorly worded) accuracy question was regarding the fan's 99.9% figure - but thank you for confirming what I thought was the actual audience. :)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Yeah, that's been my understanding as well. I also think the majority of people who comment online are female too, but it's not representative of the whole audience. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

When the show started I thought it was marketed as a Buffy show for men. I mean, the show in itself has so many things that appeal to the male demo. Its' just the cons are filled with girls. I honestly find conventions in general are geared towards women than men, or men just don't like doing it. Correct me, If I'm wrong. 

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Yeah, I always took it that women just attend conventions more than men do. Most men just feel embarrassed to attend these cons, because the women are the majority at them.

But I never saw SPN in general as a show geared just to women. I know and see plenty of men who watch.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

My (poorly worded) accuracy question was regarding the fan's 99.9% figure - but thank you for confirming what I thought was the actual audience. :)

Ahhh. sorry. No I didn't think it was 99 percent female congoers but more like 90% LOL

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Yeah, that's been my understanding as well. I also think the majority of people who comment online are female too, but it's not representative of the whole audience. 

100% agree. The male fans are around, they are just not as vocal. 

• Love 1

So "Supernatural" is being discussed as part of the AT&T/Time Warner merger.  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/a-supernatural-profits-fight-at-t-tw-merger-issue-few-are-discussing-1059396 Because Kripke doesn't like his deal.  I get Kripke point out that Warner Brother is selling the show to the CW for a loss but I think he won't be successful in arguing his case.  It's also clear to me that at $100M in the hole, Warner Brothers gets their cash via iTunes, DVDs, Netfllxi, and TNT.  Sucks to be Kripke.  Make a better contract next time.

Also fascinating to see that they've lost the Vancouver tax break.  And that was 5 years ago!!!  So, I totally get why Mark Pedowitz loves the show.  I think Warner Brothers loves it for all the other revenue sources.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

It was on his left arm wasn't it?

DPC0_RsUIAA2kRN.jpg

Yep. That t-shirt sleeve is jusssst long enough, damnit!  (And I'm sure the tatt was planned with this in mind - that a regular t-shirt sleeve would cover it. Just makes sense for him.)

Edited by gonzosgirrl

I'm really surprised, since there have been a few cons since he got the tattoo, that no one has yet to ask him to show it.  Considering how many other personal questions they get asked repeatedly, you'd think this one would be a no brainer.  Oh well, I'm sure we'll get a glimpse of it eventually.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SueB said:

So "Supernatural" is being discussed as part of the AT&T/Time Warner merger.  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/a-supernatural-profits-fight-at-t-tw-merger-issue-few-are-discussing-1059396 Because Kripke doesn't like his deal.  I get Kripke point out that Warner Brother is selling the show to the CW for a loss but I think he won't be successful in arguing his case.  It's also clear to me that at $100M in the hole, Warner Brothers gets their cash via iTunes, DVDs, Netfllxi, and TNT.  Sucks to be Kripke.  Make a better contract next time.

Also fascinating to see that they've lost the Vancouver tax break.  And that was 5 years ago!!!  So, I totally get why Mark Pedowitz loves the show.  I think Warner Brothers loves it for all the other revenue sources.

Aeryn13 posted about this upthread a bit. Interesting info for sure!

Jensen doing the hula ... is there anything this guy can't do?  I'm also kind of a curious about the tattoo.  I thought it would be the first question at the next convention after those photos appeared on twitter.  And, as everyone has pointed out, the convention questions are becoming more and more personal these days.  Maybe attendees have been asked not to ask?

Seems like more 'show' questions from Hawaii.  Hope there are videos.  There's a wonderful YouTube video of Jensen singing, it's close up and good sound.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's a shame for the people in line who thought they were actually going to be able to ask Jensen and Misha a question, lol.

I haven’t time to watch the full thing at the moment. Does Jared stay for the full Jensen and Misha panel or just for a while at the start?

Just now, Wayward Son said:

I haven’t time to watch the full thing at the moment. Does Jared stay for the full Jensen and Misha panel or just for a while at the start?

I'm only part way in (it's in three parts) but he is there for the last 5-6 minutes of pt 1 (including the birthday cake for Stefanie) and the first 3+ minutes of part 2. After Jensen unplugs the piano, he moves on to the drums.

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm only part way in (it's in three parts) but he is there for the last 5-6 minutes of pt 1 (including the birthday cake for Stefanie) and the first 3+ minutes of part 2. After Jensen unplugs the piano, he moves on to the drums.

Honestly, that would seriously anger me if I’d paid for a Misha/Jensen panel. Jared had just had his own panel with Misha so there was no need for him to stay and Jensen/Misha panels are extremely rare - there’s what JIBCon and maybe one or two others per year. It’s really obnoxious to me and I say that as someone who generally likes Jared. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Honestly, that would seriously anger me if I’d paid for a Misha/Jensen panel. Jared had just had his own panel with Misha so there was no need for him to stay and Jensen/Misha panels are extremely rare - there’s what JIBCon and maybe one or two others per year. It’s really obnoxious to me and I say that as someone who generally likes Jared. 

I'll have to find the very beginning of the panel but I think the "gag" was that neither Misha or Jensen would hug Jared goodbye so he was kind of fake pouting until they did.

16 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

The thing is, the antics then lead to them talking about pranks again for the next ten minutes after he left the stage. So their question time was cut back quite a bit.

Around 22:00 of part two there is a question to Misha about the accent he used for Empty!Cas, which leads to spot on imitation from from Jensen. Hilarious!

• Love 2