Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Samantha Highfill for EW

Misha Collins, Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki

The stars were given zero direction when it came to the skeletons. These poses were their idea.

.img_2844.jpg?w=669

Samantha Highfill for EW

Yes, the song playing during this portion of the shoot was Michael Jackson's "Thriller."img_2826.jpg?w=669

Fun fact: Ackles knew more of the "Thriller" dance than either of his costars.img_2831.jpg?w=669

Samantha Highfill for EW

Jensen Ackles

Ackles was the first to arrive on the shoot. This is one of the very first shots.

img_2795.jpg?w=669

Jensen Ackles

After the brass knuckles, Ackles went straight for the chainsaw.img_2808.jpg?w=669

• Love 2

Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, Jared Padalecki

Believe it or not, there were a few prop-free shots in the mix.

img_2820.jpg?w=669

(actually, he did...but to be fair it was a 30 minute layover)

Jared Padalecki

Sam wasn't the one who ended up in purgatory, but that doesn't mean he can't hold a purgatory blade or two.

img_2847.jpg?w=669

• Love 2

Samantha Highfill for EW

Misha Collins

You can't put on cat ears without getting fully into character.

img_2859.jpg?w=669

Samantha Highfill for EW

Jensen Ackles

The kittens came from a local shelter. There were four in total.

img_2869.jpg?w=669

Samantha Highfill for EW

The kittens weren't exactly easy to deal with, but thankfully they were cute enough that it didn't matter.

img_2877.jpg?w=669

Padalecki and Collins had the same idea: Cover Ackles in kittens.

img_2880.jpg?w=669

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Meanwhile, I think this should be Jared's new theme song:

I don't know how you found this, but that is fabulous!  Apparently, William Shatner is now going after @poptivist on twitter for her tweets about Padalecki. I guess she also went after Ackles for some tweet about #blue lives matter. For some reason, that tweet was never brought over here, but I guess it also caused quite the uproar in fandom. 

ETA: I can't get the full video to copy. Sorry!

Edited by Bessie
6 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I don't know how you found this, but that is fabulous!  Apparently, William Shatner is now going after @poptivist on twitter for her tweets about Padalecki. I guess she also went after Ackles for some tweet about #blue lives matter. For some reason, that tweet was never brought over here, but I guess it also caused quite the uproar in fandom. 

ETA: I can't get the full video to copy. Sorry!

The thing that is putting me off all of this is the fact that some of the most hateful fans in the SN fandom are using this as an excuse to gang up and harass this person. What exactly is it she supposedly said about Jared? 

11 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I don't know how you found this, but that is fabulous!

I don't remember where I got it--I have a very weird and eclectic taste in music--but I have a Carrie Newcomer album on my iPod. I shuffle all my songs and this one popped up this morning and I just couldn't resist. It's very old, but the idea is still very relevant, IMO.

Edited by DittyDotDot
19 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

The thing that is putting me off all of this is the fact that some of the most hateful fans in the SN fandom are using this as an excuse to gang up and harass this person.

I agree with the sentiment, but it does raise a question. Are fans responsible for the consequences of the content on their social media or does that only apply to celebrities?  And, while I think dogpiling on fans for some tweet is completely uncalled for, I apply the same standard for celebrities.  The only people I don't care about when it comes to being dogpiled are politicians and journalists. But only if I disagree with them. ; )

ETA: Oh, and of course racists, nazis, animal abusers etc.  Dogpile away on those folks!

Edited by Bessie
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

The thing that is putting me off all of this is the fact that some of the most hateful fans in the SN fandom are using this as an excuse to gang up and harass this person. What exactly is it she supposedly said about Jared? 

This is the only tweet I saw (and liked) of Lua's. I agree completely with the sentiment, but the way.

lua.JPG

ETA: the @'s include Jensen and LiveNation because Jared included them in his original tweet.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
clarification
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I follow Jensen's tweets pretty closely and I don't recall this. I get his tweets sent to my phone, so even if they are deleted, they still show up on my phone feed. Absolutely not saying it didn't happen, but I never saw it. The uproar doesn't surprise me at all though - Jensen seems to be a pretty big target for all sides in the shipping wars between the Destielers and the Tinhatters. As the common link between the two, it's ironic that instead of getting twice the love, he gets twice the hate.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I agree with the sentiment, but it does raise a question. Are fans responsible for the consequences of the content on their social media or does that only apply to celebrities?  And, while I think dogpiling on fans for some tweet is completely uncalled for, I apply the same standard for celebrities.  The only people I don't care about when it comes to being dogpiled are politicians and journalists. But only if I disagree with them. ; )

The reason I originally asked what was said is that it can influence my opinion of the response. For instance if it was something like "Jared Padalecki is lame" "Jared Padalecki is a terrible actor" or "Jared Padalecki completely overreacted when he tweeted that persons" name then I don't think Shatner's tweet was justified and the fact it led to his followers and Jared stans attacking this person is even worse. That person is entitled to their own opinion even if it isn't one I agree with. 

On the other hand, if their tweets were as damaging as some of the ones I've seen against Misha such as "he's irresponsible and needs his kids taken off him" "he's abusive to children" "he's clearly the type to sexually molest costars and fan"* then Shatner's response was justified because that fan crossed the border from expressing an opinion to out and out spreading falsehood and defamation of character. He's entitled to defend his friend from comment, which if taken seriously, could lead to problems in his professional and personal life. 

* Sadly, I have seen these comments made in a matter of fact tone by some of the most profilc Misha / Cas haters in the fandom.  

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

* Sadly, I have seen these comments made in a matter of fact tone by some of the most profilc Misha / Cas haters in the fandom.  

I believe you. But it's not limited to Collins. They all get deranged hate directed at them. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I believe you. But it's not limited to Collins. They all get deranged hate directed at them. 

I am not saying otherwise. It’s just since im more of a Misha fan I have had more experience of negative remarks made against him. I wasn’t trying to deny that similar comments are made about other members of the cast.

24 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I agree with the sentiment, but it does raise a question. Are fans responsible for the consequences of the content on their social media or does that only apply to celebrities?  

Personally, I don't think celebrities are responsible for the actions of their fans, but I feel they are responsible for their own actions. Even if Jared is was not a celebrity, tweeting someone's name and place of business, in response to bad service or whatnot, is irresponsible. But, it's even a worse idea for a guy who has such a large following. I don't think celebrities need to just suck it up when someone treats them poorly, but they just need to be more responsible in how they bring the issue to light.

The bigger problem with Jared's rants are, this isn't the first time, or even the second, and the same thing happens every time he does this. He should know better at this point.

• Love 11

What "blue lives matter" tweet? I've never seen him tweet about "blue lives matter". Do you have the tweet? Was it something he tweeted and deleted?

1 hour ago, Bessie said:

on't know how you found this, but that is fabulous!  Apparently, William Shatner is now going after @poptivist on twitter for her tweets about Padalecki. I guess she also went after Ackles for some tweet about #blue lives matter. For some reason, that tweet was never brought over here, but I guess it also caused quite the uproar in fandom. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Personally, I don't think celebrities are responsible for the actions of their fans, but I feel they are responsible for their own actions. Even if Jared is was not a celebrity, tweeting someone's name and place of business, in response to bad service or whatnot, is irresponsible. But, it's even a worse idea for a guy who has such a large following. I don't think celebrities need to just suck it up when someone treats them poorly, but they just need to be more responsible in how they bring the issue to light.

The bigger problem with Jared's rants are, this isn't the first time, or even the second, and the same thing happens every time he does this. He should know better at this point.

I disagree. Maybe it's not quite as dire as yelling "Fire" in a theater, or letting a dog you know is dangerous off its leash in a public place, but knowing what the likely outcome of such actions will be and doing it anyway is irresponsible at best. Now he's not only done it several times, but the last two times he deleted it later - which tells me he knows (or was told) it's not the right thing to do. That kind of makes it worse, in my opinion.

All Lua did was call him on that, and (apparently) Shatner then - unwittingly or not -  sicked his fanbase on her, along with Jared's.

• Love 3

I don't understand why Shatner is involved in SPN fandom in the first place. He's never been on the show, he may or may not be a friend of Misha's and he's pretty much a troll on Twitter like ALL the time. The problem I have with that situation is Mark Pellegrino getting involved. No. dude. Stop it.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I disagree. Maybe it's not quite as dire as yelling "Fire" in a theater, or letting a dog you know is dangerous off its leash in a public place, but knowing what the likely outcome of such actions will be and doing it anyway is irresponsible at best. Now he's not only done it several times, but the last two times he deleted it later - which tells me he knows (or was told) it's not the right thing to do. That kind of makes it worse, in my opinion.

All Lua did was call him on that, and (apparently) Shatner then - unwittingly or not -  sicked his fanbase on her, along with Jared's.

Did you see the original tweet? I haven’t and I’m curious about the wording because there’s so many versions of what happened.  I’ve been nosying on Shatner’s timeline and this is what I’ve been able to gather. 

A twitter user called Poptivist commented on Jared’s recent angry tweet. According to those who have sided with her the tweet was simply a condemnation. Something similar to people on here commenting they don’t agree with Jared’s tweet. According to Shatner and the Jared Stans defending him the original tweet was much more malicious and referred to Jared as “heartless” and “off his meds”.

So basically Shatner and Jared stans have been bickering all day with those defending Poptivist. I’d honestly never heard of Poptivist before, but apparently they’re a Destiel shipper. So now Shatner etc are claiming it’s all a big Destiel fan conspiracy to try and get the producers to fire Jared. 

Im curious about the wording because it would definitely affect my opinion. If it was just a “he shouldn’t have personally named someone” Shatner was out of line. But if they really did Say stuff like “he must be off his meds” then I don’t blame Shatner for defending his friend especially since that could be interpreted as a dig about Jared’s past issues with depression and mental health.

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Did you see the original tweet? I haven’t and I’m curious about the wording because there’s so many versions of what happened.  I’ve been nosying on Shatner’s timeline and this is what I’ve been able to gather. 

A twitter user called Poptivist commented on Jared’s recent angry tweet. According to those who have sided with her the tweet was simply a condemnation. Something similar to people on here commenting they don’t agree with Jared’s tweet. According to Shatner and the Jared Stans defending him the original tweet was much more malicious and referred to Jared as “heartless” and “off his meds”.

So basically Shatner and Jared stans have been bickering all day with those defending Poptivist. I’d honestly never heard of Poptivist before, but apparently they’re a Destiel shipper. So now Shatner etc are claiming it’s all a big Destiel fan conspiracy to try and get the producers to fire Jared. 

Im curious about the wording because it would definitely affect my opinion. If it was just a “he shouldn’t have personally named someone” Shatner was out of line. But if they really did Say stuff like “he must be off his meds” then I don’t blame Shatner for defending his friend especially since that could be interpreted as a dig about Jared’s past issues with depression and mental health.

I posted Lua's tweet on the last page (quoting you). I was on in real time, and I follow her as well, and I never saw any such tweet talking about his 'meds' .  She did say have a heart. Again, it's not impossible it was tweeted and deleted, but I never saw anything but this one.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

I posted Lua's tweet on the last page (quoting you).

Oh sorry, I must have missed that somehow! 

Thanks for clarifying and I can now say I think Shatner and those siding with him are way out of line. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

What "blue lives matter" tweet? I've never seen him tweet about "blue lives matter". Do you have the tweet? Was it something he tweeted and deleted?

I think this refers to an Instagram post that JDM made where he made a comment about "blue lives matter".  Jensen evidently "liked" his post, and that started a whirlwind of negativity about both Jensen and JDM.  Jeffrey did try to explain what he meant by his original comment, and even his wife tried to smooth things over, but we all know how social media works.  People are going to interpret what you say however they choose, rightly or wrongly, and it spreads like wildfire.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don’t have a primary source. I shouldn’t have brought it up without one and apologize for doing so.

As for Shatner, he’s defending his friend who is at the bottom of a dogpile consisting of thousands of people where he has been for days now.

Everyone should have such good friends  

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I've been nosing around Twitter/Instagram trying to figure this out - and I'm far from positive, but it looks like maybe JDM tweeted/IG'd something about #bluelivesmatter and Jensen liked and/or commented? Honestly not sure, but regardless - Jensen has shown himself to be a kind, compassionate man, and I will give him the benefit of the doubt that if he *did* use or 'like' the phrase, he didn't mean it to the exclusion of other lives. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise, unless it came right out of his own mouth.

ETA: @MysteryGuest posted whilst I was typing. Seems right to me, sadly.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Wait, what are you disagreeing with? That's exactly what I said.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Wait, what are you disagreeing with? That's exactly what I said.

That the inciter (Jared in this case) isn't responsible for the results of his actions. IMO, he shares joint responsibility with the OTT fans he inspires to 'defend' him.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Bessie said:

As for Shatner, he’s defending his friend who is at the bottom of a dogpile consisting of thousands of people where he has been for days now.

Yes, and it can be a warning for anyone in this thread who posted they thought Jared went too far by naming an individual. 

Dont repeat that on twitter folks or William Shatner night start harassing you and siccing Jared’s fans on you. 

6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That the inciter (Jared in this case) isn't responsible for the results of his actions. IMO, he shares joint responsibility with the OTT fans he inspires to 'defend' him.

If you read my entire post you would see that's exactly what I said.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I don’t have a primary source. I shouldn’t have brought it up without one and apologize for doing so.

Were you thinking about when he sent the tweet out last year saying his thoughts were with those in Dallas, Louisiana, and Minnesota, a Martin Luther King Jr. quote, and #NoViolence?  Because I seem to remember there being something of an 'uproar' about that.

• Love 1
Just now, CluelessDrifter said:

Were you thinking about when he sent the tweet out last year saying his thoughts were with those in Dallas, Louisiana, and Minnesota, a Martin Luther King Jr. quote, and #NoViolence?  Because I seem to remember there being something of an 'uproar' about that.

It definitely had something to do with #BlueLivesMatter. That much I can remember, because my ears prick up at that particular phrase. And it wasn't that long ago. A couple months at most, I think. 

1 minute ago, CluelessDrifter said:

I think the uproar was his liking JDM's Instagram picture with a blue lives matter shirt. 

here is an article about it, Jensen got some crap over liking the post.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/walking-dead-jeffrey-dean-morgan-blue-lives-matter-shirt-defends

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

If you read my entire post you would see that's exactly what I said.

I really don't want to belabor this, since perhaps we do fundamentally agree, but it wasn't all that clear to me.

1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

Your first sentence says you don't think celebrities are responsible for the actions of their fans, but are responsible for their own actions. The rest supports the case that his actions were irresponsible. I was (and am) saying that his actions were irresponsible, and that IMO, he *is* responsible (shared responsibility) for the actions his fans took on his behalf.

So.. disagreeing?

It is kind of double edge sword. On one hand, these actors can motivate millions of fans to raise money for all manner of good causes, so they clearly have some amount of influence.  So if they tweet something negative about a company they could have a similar influence. But they aren't responsible for the vitriolic manner in which the fandom online responds. I think when Jared tweets those things that he's not intending to ruin a company. I think it's more like he loses his temper, acts rashly and then has to walk it back.  Just take away his Twitter when he's angry LOL

• Love 5
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

It is kind of double edge sword. On one hand, these actors can motivate millions of fans to raise money for all manner of good causes, so they clearly have some amount of influence.  So if they tweet something negative about a company they could have a similar influence. But they aren't responsible for the vitriolic manner in which the fandom online responds. I think when Jared tweets those things that he's not intending to ruin a company. I think it's more like he loses his temper, acts rashly and then has to walk it back.  Just take away his Twitter when he's angry LOL

I agree with this, but the problem is we never know what these people actually did.  It is one thing to tweet about and airline losing your luggage or bumping you from a flight.  But with most of the tweets where is has named individuals we haven't been told what they did.  So there is no perspective which I don't consider fair and there is the problem with twitter.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

See, and I think if he (or anyone) has a legitimate problem with a company or a service, and that company declines to offer a satisfactory solution, then complaining about them online (or anywhere else) is acceptable, if sometimes petty. Tweeting the name of an individual is not. And especially not when you have already seen the results of doing so in action. It doesn't really matter what his intentions were at that point. And that makes him responsible, IMO.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I really don't want to belabor this, since perhaps we do fundamentally agree, but it wasn't all that clear to me.

Your first sentence says you don't think celebrities are responsible for the actions of their fans, but are responsible for their own actions. The rest supports the case that his actions were irresponsible. I was (and am) saying that his actions were irresponsible, and that IMO, he *is* responsible (shared responsibility) for the actions his fans took on his behalf.

So.. disagreeing?

Nope. Like I said, not disagreeing.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

See, and I think if he (or anyone) has a legitimate problem with a company or a service, and that company declines to offer a satisfactory solution, then complaining about them online (or anywhere else) is acceptable, if sometimes petty. Tweeting the name of an individual is not. And especially not when you have already seen the results of doing so in action. It doesn't really matter what his intentions were at that point. And that makes him responsible, IMO.

Oh, I agree with that completely. He definitely shouldn't include specific people, unless maybe it's like someone in a high level position like @Jack on twitter LOL. But a worker bee, true enough should not be called on by name at all. So I'm not disagreeing on that point at all. 

• Love 2

At least there wasn`t a picture this time, was it? That makes it only marginally better but baby steps. 

I think Shatner is being hypocritical here. If you offer up someone by name like a sacrifical lamb to your millions of followers on social media - for the very act of that person being dog-piled, lets be realistic here - then anyone whining about you getting dog-piled? Behold the irony, dude. And we`re talking about one person here who manages their own social media vs. a celebrity who can have people in place anytime to do it for them. That`s like if Goliath had stepped on David before David could do so much as pick up a stone for the slingshot.    

But with most of the tweets where is has named individuals we haven't been told what they did. 

Which is a big problem for me, too, in context. Maybe it was horrible, maybe it was something a lot of people would say "dude, get real, that is no reason to get bent out of shape". Just saying the service person sucked is quite frankly manipulative in my eyes. At least give an honest assessment for others to make their minds up about. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think Shatner is being hypocritical here. If you offer up someone by name like a sacrifical lamb to your millions of followers on social media - for the very act of that person being dog-piled, lets be realistic here - then anyone whining about you getting dog-piled? Behold the irony, dude.

That was me whining about people dogpiling, not Shatner. 

You should read his Twitter if you want to know his issues with her. I think he’s defending his friend. 

Edited by Bessie
30 minutes ago, Bessie said:

That was me whining about people dogpiling, not Shatner. 

You should read his Twitter if you want to know his issues with her. I think he’s defending his friend. 

This seems like he's blaming Lua for where other people took her, IMO perfectly valid, comment to Jared. Lordy, if Jared isn't responsible for what his fans do, then how is this girl responsible for nasty tweets being tagged onto hers? She did nothing wrong.

william.JPG

wow.JPG

And she's a 'troll' for criticizing his friend. Seems to me that Shatner has no problem with Jared's tweet at all. Interesting.

wow2.JPG

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This seems like he's blaming Lua for where other people took her, IMO perfectly valid, comment to Jared. Lordy, if Jared isn't responsible for what his fans do, then how is this girl responsible for nasty tweets being tagged onto hers? She did nothing wrong.

william.JPG

wow.JPG

Agreed! I think “heartless” is twisting Lua’s “have a heart” and making it sound more insulting than what she said. While the “take his pills” was said by someone else entirely and not her fault.  He’s also chosen to turn it into a conspiracy theory where no one can have legitimate reasons for criticising Jared’s brash action because if they do they are a part of a secret group with the mission to get Jared fired.

@catrox14 I thought to say earlier, but I highly doubt Shatner and Misha are friends since he claims he’s all about defending friends and half the people he’s chosen to respond to are open Misha haters.  

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 2

I think he is, in effect, whining about his friend being dog-piled because apparently that one person`s tweet started an avalanche or something. Which is hilariously hypocritical for him to take offense with because it is exactly that action of Jared`s that the poster took offense with also. 

So basically, according to Shatner, it is fine when his friend is doing it but it is horrible when another person does. And said other person was a lot more mature in calling out certain behaviour compared to "so-and-so is the most horrible person ever". And Shatner is being equally immature about it, now one person on twitter is an army of like-minded drones. We are the Borg Destiel-shippers.   

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think he is, in effect, whining about his friend being dog-piled because apparently that one person`s tweet started an avalanche or something. Which is hilariously hypocritical for him to take offense with because it is exactly that action of Jared`s that the poster took offense with also. 

So basically, according to Shatner, it is fine when his friend is doing it but it is horrible when another person does. And said other person was a lot more mature in calling out certain behaviour compared to "so-and-so is the most horrible person ever". And Shatner is being equally immature about it, now one person on twitter is an army of like-minded drones. We are the Borg Destiel-shippers.   

Well said! 

• Love 2

Whatever Shatner's motivations are, he's unfortunately just keeping it going by battling with this handful of people for days now.  I don't see this really helping anyone, and it's just giving the attention seekers what they want.

We've had this discussion a few times now about Jared calling out individuals by name on social media.  I'm not sure why he continues to do it, but I do think it's completely wrong.  Bitch about the service you received, relate the incident from your perspective, contact management to try to get them fired, etc., but do not name names on Twitter or any other social network.  I'm not a celebrity with millions of followers and even I would never call anyone out by name on my Twitter account (hypothetical, since I don't have one).  It's irresponsible.  

• Love 6