Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Third Party Insourcing

• Start Topic

A hacker called 'The Carver' is hired by the team, when Pied Piper's cloud needs some help. Richard is on edge because of the reputation the hacker has. Jared is determined to get Peter's signature. Dinesh gets caught up in a sexual dilemma.

(edited)

This episode was so full of crap:

- Jared would not have made it to the island alive. If it took 103 hours to get there, like the car computer said, he would have died of dehydration. 

- No way would Bank of America pretend to have been hacked, they're a bank for fuck's sake. Even if they had been hacked, they would try to spin it as an internal glitch. And if someone was publicly known for hacking BoA, they'd be in prison.

- If The Carver routinely melts down on the job word would have gotten out. Somebody always talks.

- Scrum dictates that if a story becomes blocked, all resources are focused on removing the blocker. Dinesh and Gilfoyle would have been working on the cloud service config with Richard instead of waiting for him to finish.

- Richard told the doctor that he learned Ruby on Rails in a weekend when he was 17, but if he's 26 now, like he told The Carver, RoR wasn't around when he was 17.

I love this show, but the ball was seriously dropped in this episode.

Edited by chocolatine

I laughed so hard! Sorry some of he he details were off... I didn't know but I understand how trying that is, I cringe when they get things wrong in my field (journalism theatre). However ignorance is bliss and I laughed so hard!

I especially loved Richard crying after being bullied by the kids and Ehrlich coming to rescue him. Comedy gold.

If I were in my 20s I'd so date Richard. He's such a sweetie, so smart and gentle.

I loved too the way the guys heads all turned when. Tara walked out of the room and how tongue tied they all became.

• Love 3

I don't want to complain too much, because there are so few good shows about my industry, but this episode was just one mistake after another. They should hire me to consult on the second season. :)

I did love it when Richard got slapped by a pre-teen trying to return the fake Adderall. I agree that he's adorable, but I'm more into the hyper-intelligent, acerbic Dinesh type (take that, Ehrlich!).

I'd love for Richard/Dinesh/Jared to get a romantic story line with a woman that's just as endearingly nerdy and awkward as they are. They're underrepresented in the industry, but they do exist.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't want to complain too much, because there are so few good shows about my industry, but this episode was just one mistake after another. They should hire me to consult on the second season. :)

Just make sure you ask for at least 20 grand per consultation and have plenty of Mello Yello, Oreos and Adderall on hand.

I am painfully ignorant of this technical world so I don't notice the mistakes, but I absolutely love this show. 

Jared trapped in the driverless car was far-fetched but hilarious.

Hated the punk brat who slugged Richard but loved Erlich coming to the rescue.

Great episode.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 5
Hated the punk brat who slugged Richard but loved Erlich coming to the rescue.

When Richard left in disgrace the first time, I was kind of hoping his plan was to go home and bring back Erlich.  Richard didn't end up asking for his help, which disappointed me. At some point he needs to get a grip on who to ask for which kind of help, which I suppose was the theme of the episode. Regardless of how it happened, Erlich confronting the little shit (other than the slap, which caught me by surprise) played out exactly how I thought it would. Of course Erlich would thrive on intimidating some punk ass kids. Of course he would.

• Love 2

I too wondered how he survived the long ride in that car without dying of either dehydration or suffocation.  Still very funny.  Lo

Is this the one with the "pros/cons" list where the only pro was "ejaculation"?  Hilarious. 

• Love 1