Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Running Eagle Challenge

On 11/19/2017 at 2:30 PM, madam magpie said:

I’m 100% here for the Cady/Zach pairing. Not so much for Vic/Walt.

While I hate to 'ship in general, I agree with you on both. Cady and Zach have a lot of chemistry. Then again, I really, really like Zach, so maybe it's just his chemistry I'm feeling. 

Vic and Walt, no. Especially in this episode when he and her father seem kind of two sames (as my toddler use to say). Walt may talk about Vic being an adult, but he sure doesn't treat her like one anymore (if he ever did). And is it just me, but did he look really old in this episode (as in old enough to be Vic's father), especially when he doesn't have his hat on?

While I appreciate Walt's idea that the run would be good for Vic, it seems pretty tone deaf given Cady aiding and abetting a kidnapping. Another Longmire horning in on an event for their people seems rude at best.

I kind of thought the "good" FBI guy might resign and join Walt's team. I guess there's still an episode to go - so maybe he will.

• Love 4

While I totally appreciate that Walt was trying to help Vic heal (heh, and of course it would be in a way that doesn't require talking about what actually happened), what is with these people not respecting Native stuff? I know they're in Wyoming and so it's not like they have triathlons every weekend, but still. Henry specifically told him that the event was for Natives ONLY. You'd think that someone who lived in the area (near the rez) for so long would hear that and accept that it's not an event for his coworker, but noooooo, Walt's response is to ask Henry to try to get Vic registered anyway. That is so fucking rude, not only to Henry but to all the recovering addict Natives who that event was intended for.

Vic's father storming into town and declaring that he was going to make decisions for her because she clearly couldn't do it herself made me want to punch him in his smug face (it doesn't help that I just saw Bright Star the other night which features a pregnant woman in the 1920s who had her baby taken away because the baby daddy's father decided it should be put up for adoption and her father had the legal authority to sign the adoption papers because she was just a woman with no legal right to decide whether to keep her own child - I've had it with the patriarchy this week!). As Walt said, she is an adult so she can do whatever she wants.

I'm glad that their heroin plan worked because if Decker or Malachi had managed to steal back that heroin and disappear, Walt would be in a lot of trouble.

It's a good thing that no one decided to attack Cady's house while she and Zach were inside having sex. I mean, I'm all for them hooking up but I'm pretty sure that doesn't really count as keeping an eye on her, which is what Zach was supposed to be doing. I cracked up when she told Walt to rehire Zach because he's so good at being a copy. So good that he parked in plain sight in front of your office and Nighthorse's men spotted him? So good that he later parked right in front of your house where you spotted him? He has been shown to do good police work, but it seemed pretty silly that his idea of being subtle was to duck when he saw Cady walking straight to his car. If you don't want to be spotted, maybe try NOT PARKING YOUR CAR IN PLAIN SIGHT.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

While I totally appreciate that Walt was trying to help Vic heal (heh, and of course it would be in a way that doesn't require talking about what actually happened), what is with these people not respecting Native stuff? I know they're in Wyoming and so it's not like they have triathlons every weekend, but still. Henry specifically told him that the event was for Natives ONLY. You'd think that someone who lived in the area (near the rez) for so long would hear that and accept that it's not an event for his coworker, but noooooo, Walt's response is to ask Henry to try to get Vic registered anyway. That is so fucking rude, not only to Henry but to all the recovering addict Natives who that event was intended for.

It's a good thing that no one decided to attack Cady's house while she and Zach were inside having sex. I mean, I'm all for them hooking up but I'm pretty sure that doesn't really count as keeping an eye on her, which is what Zach was supposed to be doing. I cracked up when she told Walt to rehire Zach because he's so good at being a copy. So good that he parked in plain sight in front of your office and Nighthorse's men spotted him? So good that he later parked right in front of your house where you spotted him? He has been shown to do good police work, but it seemed pretty silly that his idea of being subtle was to duck when he saw Cady walking straight to his car. If you don't want to be spotted, maybe try NOT PARKING YOUR CAR IN PLAIN SIGHT.

I know, right? It kind of drove me crazy how insensitive he was, when he's supposed to be very in tune (via his friendship with Henry) and has gone through several rites himself....oh wait...I guess he was somewhat horning in on those too. 

Cady's recommendation was pretty amusing, with everything you pointed out. Though Zach did show himself to be less prone to skirting the law (like the Longmires) and came up with good plans. A bodyguard/surveillance guy, not so much. Though to be fair, there weren't that many places to hide and keep an eye on her.

• Love 2

I hated that two men told Vic how to live her life. Ugh. I get that Vic isn't introspective, but that doesn't make it better that Walt has the answer to her grief. Ugh. Why couldn't the counselor or someone in the support group have mentioned physical activity? Why couldn't we have seen Vic reading something online?

Add me to the Zach/Cady stans. They are two very good-looking people.

I liked Walt and Vic' scene with the horse. I liked seeing their relationship unfold outside work. We rarely ever get to see them relaxed and doing something fun. I noticed that he used caring the horse and an excuse to touch her. She did also. Despite the race being a disaster, Vic does seem back on track. She stood up to her father and asked Walt for a raise. Vic attempted to reach out to Travis so there is that story wrapped up. Katee Sackoff is looking very pretty in these last few episodes.

When Henry asked Walt if he was the father of Vic's baby, I rolled my eyes. It felt just thrown in there rather than a character driven comment. Henry and Walt are best friends, yet he doesn't know what is going on? It has always struck me as odd that the show has never had any scenes with Henry and Walt talking his feelings for Vic.

I didn't see Walt telling Vic how to live her life. He recommended she undertake a physical challenge because she was struggling emotionally and therapy didn't did work for her. If she had found therapy helpful, he would have supported her completely, but considering that she recently considered killing herself, he was right to be concerned and intercede as her boss, friend, and the man who loves her. In the real world, Vic would be in mandatory therapy, but you know, show.

I have no problem with Vic's father's belligerence. His daughter was shot and Walt's record of recklessness does not inspire confidence. His overbearing concern is similar to how Walt treats Cady, not Vic. When her father found out that she had had a miscarriage and she told him to trust her, he immediately backed down and supported his daughter which indicated that he is a good father.  

Great to see John Doman and Jon Tenney. I laughed when Vance and Walt were boredly watching the computer and Vance announced "nothing like the thrill of the chase."

Zach and Cady do make a good couple. He is sexy with his slightly bowed legs.

Oh Ferg, pining over Meg. Make a move, Ferg!

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

It has always struck me as odd that the show has never had any scenes with Henry and Walt talking his feelings for Vic.

Has Walt ever talked about his feelings with anyone? I always thought he was presented as the stoic cowboy, which worked for him as a character, but I also found it slightly irritating. It doesn't weaken you as a person to share.

2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Great to see John Doman and Jon Tenney. I laughed when Vance and Walt were boredly watching the computer and Vance announced "nothing like the thrill of the chase."

Same here. Though it cracked me up that Walt was bored, because it's not as if his days are a nonstop action movie. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Has Walt ever talked about his feelings with anyone? I always thought he was presented as the stoic cowboy, which worked for him as a character, but I also found it slightly irritating. It doesn't weaken you as a person to share.

I thought about it and other than the final scene with Vic, you are right. I cannot recall Walt volunteering much info about how he was feeling unless he is exploding at someone. It would have been nice to actually know what was going on in his head once and awhile.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
On 11/27/2017 at 6:20 AM, Clanstarling said:

While I appreciate Walt's idea that the run would be good for Vic, it seems pretty tone deaf given Cady aiding and abetting a kidnapping. Another Longmire horning in on an event for their people seems rude at best.

Agree it really seemed off for Walt especially;  Cady is such a bleeding heart that wants to help, that often seems to obscure her better judgement/lawyer training, but Walt??
He really does seem to need to retire.

I have to say that I have never really liked Vic since Season 1.  Too possessive of Walt from the beginning and too easy for her to run over the law to get what she wants etc.  But, she has had the best scenes this season and hit them out of the park, with the miscarriage and trying to figure herself out afterwards.  She looks like she is changing who she thought she was, including being open/ready? to be a mom.  

I liked the part with Vic and Walt's horse and how it came back to her when she kind of gave up.

• Love 1
On 12/1/2017 at 2:15 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Agree 100%.

Vic's father storming into town and declaring that he was going to make decisions for her because she clearly couldn't do it herself made me want to punch him in his smug face

I was thinking more along the lines of a 2x4 between the eyes - but other than that, I think we're on the same page.  :>

When Vic pulled up to HER trailer and found Dear Old Dad loading HER stuff into HIS car... heck, I'd have arrested him myself.  Even better - call in an anonymous burglary report on Dad.

Not to mention Dad going to Walt and telling Walt Vic was quitting; re-enter LART application.

It's a good thing that no one decided to attack Cady's house while she and Zach were inside having sex. 

Too bad Cady and Zach didn't choose to hook up at her office; it would've put an entirely new spin on the concept of Legal Aid.  ;>

• Love 1

I've never been opposed to the idea of Walt and Vic together on the show but it feels like it's been so long since her flirty eyes at him (was that last season?) while he was sitll with whatershername from the Profiler that the development here feels rushed.  That said, I really enjoyed the horse scene a lot because they do have nice chemistry together.

Cady and zach however...damn that fridge kiss was hawt.

On 11/27/2017 at 9:20 AM, Clanstarling said:

While I hate to 'ship in general, I agree with you on both. Cady and Zach have a lot of chemistry. Then again, I really, really like Zach, so maybe it's just his chemistry I'm feeling. 

Vic and Walt, no. Especially in this episode when he and her father seem kind of two sames (as my toddler use to say). Walt may talk about Vic being an adult, but he sure doesn't treat her like one anymore (if he ever did). And is it just me, but did he look really old in this episode (as in old enough to be Vic's father), especially when he doesn't have his hat on?

Right there with you.  Loved Cady and Zach but if Vic ends up with Walt (which I fear will be the case with the ramping up of soulful glances) she's just trading her dad for Walt.   They both want to control her in their own ways.  

• Love 1