Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Thank You, Victoria

Gilbert is a great antagonist, but thankfully they didn't drag it out for half the series.

Walt slipping again -- I knew he's be trapped in the bunker the moment his feet touched the ground in there!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Walt slipping again -- I knew he's be trapped in the bunker the moment his feet touched the ground in there!

Seriously, I was yelling at the TV. He should have known better.

• Love 5

I'm so thankful they finally killed Gilbert off. He's been a good antagonist, but he works my last nerve. 

Not too crazy about Vic getting shot (though that at least, makes it observable self-defense). At least it wasn't in her uterus.

I was totally expecting the RV to explode with Travis in it. I suppose that could still happen...given that Vic drove away. But it's unlikely.

It's weird to see a judge so thoroughly against the Sheriff. I don't quite remember the reason, though I think there is one.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

It's weird to see a judge so thoroughly against the Sheriff. I don't quite remember the reason, though I think there is one.

I thought the implication (or maybe it was actually said in an earlier episode) is that he was in cahoots with Barlow Connally, Tucker Baggett, and the mayor to get Walt's land so they could develop it. Not sure if the judge would actually benefit financially (aka bribery) or just thought development was a good idea and also disliked Walt.

• Love 3

I had to stop and start this episode whenever the suspense got to me. I have never been able to rewatch the first Chance episode because it gave me nightmares!  He was a great evil guy but so glad he's gone. Hopefully his family of jackals will not carry on without him.

I'm feeling like there are a ton of anvils starting to rain down on us with the soulful glances toward Vic from Walt.  I will not be happy if they end up together.  Vic getting shot sets things up for bedside vigils and heartfelt talks, I fear.  Guess we will see in the next episode.

I thought it was a good episode except Walt in the bunker - who didn't see that coming?  I hope they found the other Marshal, noting was said about that.

Loved Henry dozing off with a gun in his hand - so realistic!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I had to stop and start this episode whenever the suspense got to me. I have never been able to rewatch the first Chance episode because it gave me nightmares!  He was a great evil guy but so glad he's gone.

I know, the Chance guy always gave me the willies - especially since there are fair number of his ilk in my neck of the woods.

• Love 1
On 11/20/2017 at 6:21 PM, Clanstarling said:

I know, the Chance guy always gave me the willies - especially since there are fair number of his ilk in my neck of the woods.

Yikes, now that would keep me out of the woods for sure.  Are they are as smart as Chance?  That's what made him so scary.  We have some militia types in the back woods around here but most of them are not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier.  Not that it makes them less firghtening but I think anyone with half a brain can avoid them.  And I can't see them putting together any kind of cohesive plans for much other than baiting deer and getting the beer.

12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Yikes, now that would keep me out of the woods for sure.  Are they are as smart as Chance?  That's what made him so scary.  We have some militia types in the back woods around here but most of them are not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier.  Not that it makes them less firghtening but I think anyone with half a brain can avoid them.  And I can't see them putting together any kind of cohesive plans for much other than baiting deer and getting the beer.

I don't get near enough to know. I doubt it, but in some ways the dim bulbs are even more frightening in that they have even worse impulse control.

Walt climbing down into the bunker, without telling anyone where he was going, reminded me of an incident in this year's Stranger Things (if you've watched it you know what I am referring to). Guys just never learn!

• Love 5
Just now, Tyro49 said:

Walt climbing down into the bunker, without telling anyone where he was going, reminded me of an incident in this year's Stranger Things (if you've watched it you know what I am referring to). Guys just never learn!

Now that you mention it... Maybe sheriffs are just boneheads.

• Love 3

As evasive as Sam Poteet was during voir dire, he did get bonus points from me for not laughing at the prosecutor's lame jokes.

Eubell can suck it. Instead of just manning up and admitting to his wife that he's a cheater aka taking responsibility for HIS actions and choices, he decided it would be better to let someone MURDER his mistress? Real stand up guy there.

I know I'm supposed to feel bad for Travis because he had this whole proposal set up with lights and steaks, but it's hard for me to feel bad because Vic has NOT said or done anything to make him think that they are going to have any kind of romantic relationship and live happily ever after with this baby. Still, A+ for following the Gilbert family idiots who came looking for Vic and then calling Walt. And I had to laugh when he tied Walt's red bow tie for him. He was also right about Vic pushing people away and telling her to say "thank you" and "I'm sorry." Of course, that just bit him in the ass when she used the opportunity to steal his car and go after Chance, but you know.

I was actually imagining Chance was in her RV waiting for her to come home so he could shoot her so I was picturing him crouched inside the RV listening to Vic and Travis bicker endlessly while he rolled his eyes and thought, "Man, are these two EVER going to shut up so I can kill her and get out of here?" When Vic finally relented and let Travis go check the RV before she went in, I thought he was going to be shot or otherwise injured and then Vic would feel guilty about him dying or being hurt. Thanks for not going that route, show!

Damn it, Walt! You don't have a cell phone, you don't tell people when you're going to investigate creepy underground lairs in the middle of the night, you don't call for backup, and you're somehow surprised when a bad guy traps you inside said underground lair.

Human life is sacred and all but I can't say I was sad to see Vic fill Chance full of bullets. I'm glad that creepy psycho is off my screen!

• Love 3

As evasive as Sam Poteet was during voir dire, he did get bonus points from me for not laughing at the prosecutor's lame jokes.

I'm not sure he was being evasive.  His answers were actually quite thoughtful and with the (at least seemingly) apparent doses of mysticism so far, they were in character for a White Warrior. 

I have high hopes that Sam is the one who ultimately saves Walt.  After all, Walt is the one that walked away from searching for Gab who was Sam's niece, after she disappeared/turned into a hawk.  Not sure if he knows that but I would imagine those kinds of things get communicated within a tribe.

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

this baby

For the life of me, I can't remember if they've ever revealed who the actual father is. I've watched a little bit of the next episode and I'm trying to anticipate different characters reactions.

1 hour ago, Daltrey said:

For the life of me, I can't remember if they've ever revealed who the actual father is.

They haven't.  It's apparently either Eamonn or Travis but no way to know until the kid is born and there can be a paternity test.  My lips to God's ear it doesn't be come a focal point for the rest of the series.  It was a horrible idea to begin with and to drag it out would make me crazy. I'm doling out the episodes one a week so I won't know anything for a while.  

• Love 1
On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎25 at 7:21 AM, Kohola3 said:

It's apparently either Eamonn or Travis

Yeah, that much I remembered. I just finished the finale. I liked the way it played out, though I kind of saw it coming. I think you'll be ok. As for the finale itself, it was pretty decent, for the most part. There were some things I didn't care for but it wrapped the story fairly well.

Good riddance to Chance Gilbert. He was a terrifying villain. Walt could have gotten the FBI to back him up, but instead he goes in alone. No wonder Vic went after him. I think that Gilbert might not have killed Walt just trapped him in there, but he is so dangerous and unpredictable. I just realized that there was a federal agent stationed at Chance's place so Walt should have had back up when he went to investigate. Chance knocked out the agent and restrained.

Walt did look handsome in that suit. Couldn't blame Vic for staring. She looked pretty in that dress. I did roll my eyes when she talked about dress being the only thing that fit when Katee Sackoff obviously lost weight since last season. Don't know why Walt told Travis about Eammon. That was so inappropriate, but guess, they wanted more drama.

Walt's trial was entertaining. Love seeing Sam Poteet again. I think he intended to be fair to Walt. Trey, the druggie that Walt is always tangling with was funny as hell. And I love David, Walt's lawyer. He is a fish out of water in this crazy version of Wyoming. The judge is so small town corrupt.

Henry falling asleep trying to guard Vic was very sweet. Trust Bob to get caught up in Chance's escape plan. Also, nice to see Aaron Two Rivers again. I like how Longmire brings back these guest characters in different stories.

Edited by SimoneS

Good riddance to Chance Gilbert. He was a terrifying villain.

I had to watch anything with him while covering my eyes most of the time.  Great actor.  Scared me just being on the screen.

I like how they are bringing back characters from the past seasons to make appearances as well.  Ties things together.  It is a small town, after all.  Hopefully Walt made the right decision with letting Sam Poteet stay.  He's gotta be better than that smarmy little druggie twerp.

Not enjoying all of the Walt/Vic anvils they are dropping on us.  I don't want them together and it seems they are being set up as the end game.  Yuck.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I had to watch anything with him while covering my eyes most of the time.  Great actor.  Scared me just being on the screen.

I've loved Peter Stormare in everything I've seen him in - he's always spot on. And given that he's not acting in his native language (he's Swedish), it's amazing.

• Love 2