Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Danger Close

Wow this was really good and, I loved how the new Punisher Costume looks. 

Micro reuniting with his daughter was lovely. Castle/Madoni/Micro teaming up at the end was a welcome surprise. I really thought something bad would happen to Micro and his daughter.

• Love 1

It's finally happened!  Frank's got a new Punisher suit and knows how to use it!  Russo's guys didn't stand a chance, to say the least.  The whole battle was brutal.

Glad David reunited with his daughter and hopefully he'll get to the rest of his family as well (even his asshole son.)  Did not see Frank actually calling Dinah and bringing the trio together.

Ha, Rawlins is planning on hanging Russo out to dry!  That would be fitting.  But he clearly didn't like Marion/Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio saying that he would be forced to retire as well, so I don't see this going smoothly at all.

• Love 2

That was bloody indeed.  Man.  Billy should have known better than to send people into Castle's own territory.

I'm surprised Frank went to Madani, but since he couldn't find Billy himself I suppose it was the best option he had.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2017 at 9:43 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

That was crazy violent but super good. The only annoying thing was they obviously forgot to put Rawlins fake contact lense in his eye for his last scene on the bridge. Because he had 2 normal eyes.

Huh, I didn't even notice it. I'm so bad with goofs and continuity gaps.

I was surprised how that bridge meeting ended, I expected Elizabeth Mastrantonio to either be revealed as the secret big bad or for Rawlins to pitch her off the bridge of the threatened to turn him in.

Finally - some punishing. While violent, no art to it. Bad guys blunder onto home territory of Frank, and lose. OK, I guess.

This ep I think confirmed for me my issue with the entire series - the pacing is terrible. Far, far too much time spent treading water, while The Punisher sits in his lair and is sad. And then, when he finally decides to take matters into his own hands, it's all very mechanical and blunt, no emotion and very little catharsis for Frank or viewers.

Even then, I kept thinking that the guys he was killing were guys like him, they just happened to be hired by Billy. They weren't vigilantes specifically hunting Frank for personal reasons, or wanting revenge on Frank. And as far as we know, they haven't done anything specifically heinous to deserve death. So the fact he kills them with no compunction is a bit awkward for me. Billy, yes. Random dudes who work for Anvil, not so much.

At least we are rid of Lewis.

Edited by Ottis
On 12/11/2017 at 10:55 AM, Ottis said:

Finally - some punishing. While violent, no art to it. Bad guys blunder onto home territory of Frank, and lose. OK, I guess.

This ep I think confirmed for me my issue with the entire series - the pacing is terrible. Far, far too much time spent treading water, while The Punisher sits in his lair and is sad. And then, when he finally decides to take matters into his own hands, it's all very mechanical and blunt, no emotion and very little catharsis for Frank or viewers.

Even then, I kept thinking that the guys he was killing were guys like him, they just happened to be hired by Billy. They weren't vigilantes specifically hunting Frank for personal reasons, or wanting revenge on Frank. And as far as we know, they haven't done anything specifically heinous to deserve death. So the fact he kills them with no compunction is a bit awkward for me. Billy, yes. Random dudes who work for Anvil, not so much.

At least we are rid of Lewis.

I would argue that there is code of conduct that private security contractors must adhere to (at least while operating on the US).  These guys are civilians with no legal authority to hunt down and capture/kill anyone.  So if I'm an Anvil grunt and Russo tells me to go after the Punisher, I'd decline because it's illegal (and I like breathing).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I keep waiting for Madani's mentor to turn out to be shady/with the baddie's but hasn't happened yet, probably won't happen.  So, kudos to that.

Loved the reunion with Lieberman and his daughter.

Can't wait for Rawlins to get his... but it has to be Frank, which to my dissatisfaction means Russo will probably be behind it.

Show really picked up these past couple episodes.