Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Faire is Foul

thewhiteowl

If she weren't with Walter dressed as Robin Hood, I would have guessed that Paige had gone as Belle from Beauty and the Beast. That outfit is similar to it. Incidentally, Katharine McPhee would have probably made a better Belle than Emma Watson in the live action movie remake. 

Chair of Blades is the non-lawsuit version of Game of Thrones complete with the obligatory reference that there's a lot of people competing for the world's most uncomfortable chair. I know, it's far more about the title than the actual furniture. 

I know there needs to be suspension of disbelief to be able to watch this show, but the medical stuff was so utterly ridiculous during this episode that I might have to just quit watching.  Happy and Toby are the ones who keep me around, and now they’ve turned into to “baby watch.”  I did enjoy badass Happy at the festival.  

I love the old school MacGyver it was supposed to be my day off plots, so I enjoyed this, even though I know it was pure silly fun. I want to see more of Sly in the courtroom with his newfound confidence and possibly a dash of My Cousin Vinny. He reminds me of some actors, when they're in character they're fine but they struggle in the real world/having trouble being themselves. 

• Love 2

You know, I kind of liked it.  Suspension of disbelief aside--like we have to do with this show and MacGyver, and Hawaii 5-0 and a whole lot of other shows--I liked the return to a smaller plot, to old fashioned (like really old fashioned in this case) ingenuity and improvisation, to the team coming together to celebrate Sly's birthday by doing something he really enjoys, but they only tolerate.  I knew as soon as Cabe mentioned all the government storage out in the area, I knew some bad guys were going to try to steal something, and the Ren Faire would be used as cover.

I have to say, I LOL'd at "Dude, I sell hot tubs!  This ain't real..."

I did not like Walter's song stylings.  Just...no.

• Love 1
On 11/14/2017 at 1:22 PM, HurricaneVal said:

I liked the return to a smaller plot, to old fashioned (like really old fashioned in this case) ingenuity and improvisation, to the team coming together to celebrate Sly's birthday by doing something he really enjoys, but they only tolerate. 

I liked this too.  Had to do "lalala can't hear you" with the medical stuff.

I wish the security guard had been the last stand against the bad guys, rather than being nabbed by one and needing Walter to save him.

I was fascinated by how Happy's hood stayed on throughout the adventure.

Cabe looked good in his Chair of Blades costume.

On 11/21/2017 at 0:52 AM, shapeshifter said:

Gah! Are you going to pay me to do that?

hmmm...

Nah.

Also, MacGyver seemed much better to me last season, when my brain was totally fried the day after chemo.

Scorpion seems pretty much the same, though