Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: A Seafaring Ancestor and a Bloomin' Onion

paulvdb

I really liked this episode. Christy doing REAL school work (and pushing back against bullying by her project partner), Bonnie making some extra cash by renting out that space (for someone who used to sell drugs, this was a positive direction!) and Natasha and Jill fighting then bonding.

The guy who played the lab partner, Michael Angarano, plays Jack's son Elliot on Will and Grace.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MaryMitch said:

The guy who played the lab partner, Michael Angarano, plays Jack's son Elliot on Will and Grace.

Yes!  Thank you.  I couldn't place where I had seen him.  Good for Christie getting some of that millennial scruff!  It was funny when his mother popped in in the morning, then when Bonnie also popped in at Christie's sleepover.

• Love 2

I always liked that actor on Will & Grace, and I thought he was good in this. But it was kind of strange casting, because he clearly wasn't traditional college-age (ie, 21/22), and they made such a big deal about his youth. He didn't look much younger than her, IMO.

(I was a little bit surprised when Christy said that she was 40. I think they've aged her up a little, to match Anna Faris's actual age.)

I also thought it was a little bit odd that they just brushed off what a sexist asshole Cooper was early on - as though it was just a minor quirk or something.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

But it was kind of strange casting, because he clearly wasn't traditional college-age (ie, 21/22), and they made such a big deal about his youth. He didn't look much younger than her, IMO.

According to IMDB he'll be 30 in 2 weeks. I never watched Will & Grace, but I have seen him as Will Stronghold in Sky High.

2 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

Bonnie making some extra cash by renting out that space (for someone who used to sell drugs, this was a positive direction!)

I don't know, I thought Bonnie was the building manager and she was 'renting' this space without the consent of the owner.  In other words, Bonnie's pocketing all of Natasha's rent.  Of course, I could be wrong though!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Blakeston said:

I was a little bit surprised when Christy said that she was 40. I think they've aged her up a little, to match Anna Faris's actual age.)

Actually, since I believe she had Violet at 17, and Violet was 17 when the show began, that would indeed put Christy at 34 when Bonnie "got her back" (as she told Natasha. And would put Bonnie at 52 when the show began, since she was 18 when she had Christy). This is season 5, so if they have "aged her up", it's only by 2 years (hardly a big "age up").

7 minutes ago, illdoc said:

Actually, since I believe she had Violet at 17, and Violet was 17 when the show began, that would indeed put Christy at 34 when Bonnie "got her back" (as she told Natasha. And would put Bonnie at 52 when the show began, since she was 18 when she had Christy). This is season 5, so if they have "aged her up", it's only by 2 years (hardly a big "age up").

I'm not saying it's a big age-up. But they were being consistent with her being born in 1979 - up until now. (I've only noticed because that's around when I was born.)

Usually they go in the opposite direction, and make the character younger when she should be approaching 40.

Edited by Blakeston

Yeah and we just saw him reprise that role a few weeks ago on the reboot. It's nice to see him getting work. He sort of dropped out of sight for awhile, and I've always like him.

I thought Bonnie was the building manager and she was 'renting' this space without the consent of the owner.  In other words, Bonnie's pocketing all of Natasha's rent.  Of course, I could be wrong though!

That was my impression too. In other words, the building owner doesn't know anyone is renting that apartment.