Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: We Become What We...Frank!

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, TOWTooMuchTV said:

I saw it posted somewhere today that there will be a season 9.

I saw that too! Holy cow. Liam might be in college before it ever ends. Let's hope that the writers are up to the task. 

• Love 4

Hmm, I may be biased due to having a trans family member, but I really like Trevor. I suppose part of the dislike for him is because people really wanted Mickey for Ian? I get that, but I still find Trevor attractive, and I don't mind them playing up their relationship as a little on the lighter/sweeter side. 

I know this is a low bar to get over for a Gallagher, but at least Ian's on his meds, has a career, and isn't dating creepy older/repressed dudes anymore.

Edit: I'm quite new to this show so I'm fine with the idea of it continuing a lot longer. Some stuff feels played out (go away Frank), and I'd like to see Lip stop failing one day ... and maybe for Debbie to be less continually grouchy, but still like living in the Gallagher world an hour at a time.

Edit 2  because I hate the names on the show. Lip is not Ian is not Liam.

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, kieyra said:

Hmm, I may be biased due to having a trans family member, but I really like Trevor.

I like Trevor, but I don''t like him for Ian. He always felt to me like he was educating/talking down to him. I also don't feel a lot of chemistry with them. I didn't like Mickey for him either, though, by the end, though I had earlier. So far my favorite was the EMT boyfriend, until he turned out to be a cheater. I would like to see Ian and Trevor realize they're better as friends and stay close that way. I think they can both be happier romantically involved with other guys, but keeping each other as close friends. 

• Love 4

Trevor's just so bland and uninteresting, plus, little to no chemistry with Ian whereas Mickey had. Even the other guy, what's his name.. ah, Caleb. Caleb had more in common with Ian and they were fun as a couple to see.

I dunno why they keep trying to force Ian with Trevor as a couple. If I had to pick one of the worst Shameless actors, that'd be Trevor 'cause he's as entertaining as a tree. lol

• Love 1

I may be biased due to having a trans family member, but I really like Trevor. I suppose part of the dislike for him is because people really wanted Mickey for Ian?

No. (I couldn't stand Mickey for about five seasons.) It's that it felt very much like the writers had an agenda with Trevor last season when he was introduced. Every scene with Trevor felt very didactic. Very "after school special." All the dialogue was written as if to educate the audience about the transgender life.

That's just not what Shameless is for.

• Love 8

And besides having absolutely no chemistry, I simply can't believe Ian would ever be into Trevor.

Caleb and Mickey? Definitely. Lloyd and Kash? Sure. Hell, I'd even buy Ian & Mandy as a couple before Ian & Trevor.

I have not read anything to indicate Karen or Sheila or any of them are coming back, I think the talk started from speculation. There's really no reason for any of them to return; Sheila's house burned to the ground, they had no other family in the area we knew of. 

On 11/9/2017 at 10:14 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

I think it's just that Ian and Mickey's chemistry is off the charts so anyone else is blah to me.

This is true, but he just isn't good for him imo. I think Mickey would have been Ian's Monica. He still could be, if he pops up again at some point. The one Ian can never say no to, even though he is totally disruptive of the life Ian is building for himself. 

On 11/9/2017 at 3:13 PM, Philip said:

It's a shame that Kash left the show, he was a good fit for Ian. 

By the way, is Karen coming back?

Kash? The older, married, repressed dude with little kids who was sleeping with Ian when he was like 15? I know this show does not shy away from age gap relationships (although typically the older person is only criticized for it if they happen to be a she), but pretty sure the Kash/Ian "relationship" was statutory rape?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, kieyra said:

Kash? The older, married, repressed dude with little kids who was sleeping with Ian when he was like 15? I know this show does not shy away from age gap relationships (although typically the older person is only criticized for it if they happen to be a she), but pretty sure the Kash/Ian "relationship" was statutory rape?

Would say so too but if for a second we'd turn a blind eye over the age difference (for the sake of the show), he was a much better lover/boyfriend than Trevor could ever be.

8 hours ago, Philip said:

Would say so too but if for a second we'd turn a blind eye over the age difference (for the sake of the show), he was a much better lover/boyfriend than Trevor could ever be.

Why? Because of genitalia?

On 11/10/2017 at 9:21 PM, kieyra said:

on this show? because the opposite is true in real life lol

I mean Debbie tried to hook up with that pizza guy who was 18+ and he shut that crap down If I remember correctly

Edited by dd21dd21

Debbie raped an incapacitated Matty, after months of trying to be his girlfriend.

When he confronted her about the rape later, she truly believed she hadn't done anything wrong.

One thing that's been bugging me about Liam and the private school is that it's being shown that he has to come outside during the prospective parent's tours of the school to show that the student body is diverse. Someone stated on the Facebook Shameless page that this is no different that a college student recruited by a school to play basketball or football in exchange for getting a scholarship to that college. I do see it differently. The college student is playing a game that they enjoy enough to devote the time and effort to it in order to make and stay on the team. Liam didn't sign up to be the face of diversity. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, CarolMK said:

One thing that's been bugging me about Liam and the private school is that it's being shown that he has to come outside during the prospective parent's tours of the school to show that the student body is diverse. Someone stated on the Facebook Shameless page that this is no different that a college student recruited by a school to play basketball or football in exchange for getting a scholarship to that college. I do see it differently. The college student is playing a game that they enjoy enough to devote the time and effort to it in order to make and stay on the team. Liam didn't sign up to be the face of diversity. 

It's all about that sweet diversity.

On 11/6/2017 at 9:48 AM, whiporee said:

Lip's storyline gave me some hope, and I can see the attraction of wanting to work with his hands on things that are tangible. But I hope at some point he's able and willing to do more. Sierra's a jerk for brining her ex home, though, when she knew Lip was there. If she planned on that, she could have just said no to the babysitting, and if she didn't she should have shown a little compassion...

I got the impression she told her date to wait until Lip left before coming in, and her date decided to barge in, unable to resist sticking it to Lip. She looked pretty mortified.

On 11/11/2017 at 10:09 PM, Dee said:

Debbie raped an incapacitated Matty, after months of trying to be his girlfriend.

When he confronted her about the rape later, she truly believed she hadn't done anything wrong.

That made me so mad. And you have Lip totally validating her, basically saying a girl cannot truly rape a guy, and all guys would love to be raped by a woman if she was cute enough.

• Love 2
On 11/6/2017 at 7:45 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Despite how old and silly the show is it is still fun to watch.  Sober Frank is as much an ass as regular Frank but it might be fun to watch him for awhile half ass his amends.

Fiona is so gonna have sex with her female tenant.  I will be very disappointed if she doesn’t.

The Liam storyline is weird but funny.  Is that a private school?  Or has the district become so renovated that the school become middle class white and Liam is being used as the resident black?

Ian can do better then Trevor.  Hell half the reck center......

Debi and Carl are fun and Funny

It was a whole storyline last season.  

Such a pet peeve of mine when shows act like Black folks are so generic and monolithic that any shade of Black actor can be cast to replace any other Black actor. Wtf is Liam suddenly 3 shades darker?  It’s so distracting, every scene with new Liam takes me completely out of the show.