Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Spinning Wheel

Drogo

The SEAL Team must work with Jason’s longtime rival, Beau Fuller, and his team to plan and perfect a raid under the watchful eye of top military brass. Also, Clay delivers solemn news to a teammate’s next of kin.

Poor Brian. His life sucked so badly he invented his own backstory and, in death, is still more interesting than Clay. I’m glad the waitress at the diner genuinely mourned for him. I’m still mad that he was fridged for Clay. I don’t see the point of that character anymore. The team is managing fine without Nate and do not seem to be in need of an extra body.

The rest of the episode was really good. I enjoyed watching the operation come together. Nice to see Sharif Atkins again. He and Boreanez had good antagonist chemistry, while Ray’s intervention added layering to the conflict. Everyone wanted the operation to work. Even Cerberus was around. I liked seeing that the CIA officer and Davis are continuing to bond.

I felt sorry for the Afghan woman. She lost her husband and fled her life in Afghanistan ahead of the Taliban, and now Jason is about to burden her with his angst.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Raja said:

Go figure, the best episode had no combat and it looks like the Nate drag on the story has been eliminated.

Really, because I feel the opposite about the Nate story.  I like Nate, but let's get somewhere with whomever this woman is to Nate.  I'm getting bored with the mystery.

All this episode made me want is for Brian to be alive instead of Clay.

I thought the op prep was interesting, but I actually wanted them to perform the op.

Yay for Cerberus!

• Love 2

I couldn't figure out if it was Very Special Episode about hidden racism type stuff with Ray calling out Jason about black team leader or it was Very Special Episode about necessity of therapy in the special forces. I liked the characters' interactions overall but those continue to serve mostly Jason's story which I don't think a really good thing for an ensemble show. Well, maybe it's not an ensemble, who knows. Maybe it's Jason&Clay story with some secondary characters thrown into the mix?

I hated everything related to two team leaders getting in fights in front of the brass. That was just embarrassing (even though Sonny mouthing off sotto voce to some dude and Jason cuffing him upside the head was the best). The line of the general about candies to the kids got to have basis in reality, it's so stupid and outlandish, lol.

Nate's hidden lady is so going to have a romance with Jason.

MEANWHILE, ON DAYS OF OUR (SEAL Team) LIVES:

A Very Special Episode of Clay's Poor Dead Friend and the Mystery of his Origins! Well, that was... random indeed. Also? Poor Clay not only has a deadbeat dad but also a deadbeat mom! Did the mom died, since all the hatred Clay reserved for his father (who was never there in the first place)?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Netfoot said:

An awful lot of character building for a character that is... well... dead!

We now know more about Dead Nate and Dead Brian than about any other living team member on that show beside Jason and Ray. These are just some bizarre writing choices.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CooperTV said:

I couldn't figure out if it was Very Special Episode about hidden racism type stuff with Ray calling out Jason about black team leader or it was Very Special Episode about necessity of therapy in the special forces. I liked the characters' interactions overall but those continue to serve mostly Jason's story which I don't think a really good thing for an ensemble show. Well, maybe it's not an ensemble, who knows. Maybe it's Jason&Clay story with some secondary characters thrown into the mix?

I hated everything related to two team leaders getting in fights in front of the brass. That was just embarrassing (even though Sonny mouthing off sotto voce to some dude and Jason cuffing him upside the head was the best). The line of the general about candies to the kids got to have basis in reality, it's so stupid and outlandish, lol.

Nate's hidden lady is so going to have a romance with Jason.

MEANWHILE, ON DAYS OF OUR (SEAL Team) LIVES:

A Very Special Episode of Clay's Poor Dead Friend and the Mystery of his Origins! Well, that was... random indeed. Also? Poor Clay not only has a deadbeat dad but also a deadbeat mom! Did the mom died, since all the hatred Clay reserved for his father (who was never there in the first place)?

It is not an ensemble show, it is a big two show, leader and new guy. The rest of the beards are just that beards, although one might break out, but tends to only happen on sitcoms when a breakout character takes over a show.

• Love 1
On 11/11/2017 at 10:27 AM, Raja said:

It is not an ensemble show,

This is true because it's a CBS drama.  Most dramas on CBS rotate around the main character/lead actor, who in this case is Jason/David.

NCIS = Mark Harmon

Bull = Michael Weatherly

Hawaii 5-0 = Alex O'Laughlin

SWAT=Shemar Moore

Blue Bloods =Tom Selleck

etc.

One thing i liked was that the building plans they had were referref to as drawings, not blueprints. I used to work in building design and no one ever called drawings blueprints. Although that drawings they had were mechanical drawings not architectural drawings. They had ducting on them and a damper plan. 

Overall though I do think the episodes are getting better.