Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Day 3: Day Out of Days

A breakthrough in the investigation sends Detective Bird and Jane to the studio to question the production team on her hit show. Meanwhile, Pete goes on the attack in a rash display of anguish – or guilt.

Much more dynamic episode, but is it too little too late for ratings?

Malcom Jamal Warner finally came out of the background.

So Jane is arrested for obstruction and will likely lose custody if Lake comes back. Did these people learn nothing from the Nixon and Clinton impeachment proceedings? It's not so much about hiring burglars or having sex with "that woman" or buying cocaine from the pizza boy, it's all about the cover up. IDK. Maybe Jane's supposed to be too young to be familiar with the Nixon and Clinton investigations. 

Does Bird even care that Jane got inside info from a narcotics officer?

• Love 3

No one ever learns, from what I can tell. Which, I suppose, is fortunate (for everyone but them).

I thought this episode was a lot better than the first two as well. I liked the twist at the end - which I didn't see coming despite. 

Though I did have to laugh at Kyra saying she'd rather walk home. Does anyone walk in LA? And how far from the police headquarters would her nice house be? 

I'm not sure Bird cared, but I wonder if he'll start wondering what the boss is trying to hide at some point. He looked kind of thoughtful when he handed it over.

• Love 5

I had to end my viewing of this show last night.  With the comments above, maybe, I quit too soon, but, I just lost it when two things happened.  Jane has sex with her boyfriend, while her child is missing.  Just seemed bizarre to me.  (Yes, I know that they say that is commonly done when someone dies, but, this is a missing person, not death.) I would think that if my child was missing, I could barely swallow or breath, I'd be so devastated.   And, when the lead detective said they didn't have probable cause to search the computers! WHAT?  When they discovered the email was sent to Jane from her studio, THAT gave them probable cause to get a search warrant to search computers on the premises.  I couldn't take it anymore.  

Glad its getting better, but, I'm done with it.  I don't even think I'll be curious as to who was the culprit.  It's a real shame too. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Surprisingly enjoyable episode that had a lot going on.

I like that some characters happen to be gay (two of Jane's employees and one at the police department so far) and it's not an issue, because that's how it is in real life. That's still not standard on tv and in movies so it's nice to see.

They made the director look bad in this episode, between his tantrum and the motive Jane supplied for him.

Though I did have to laugh at Kyra saying she'd rather walk home. Does anyone walk in LA? And how far from the police headquarters would her nice house be? 

I just assumed that was a lie from Jane! I thought that was her way of getting rid of the detective. Like, it was her version of "Get some sleep".

The appearance of Child Protection Services must be gratifying for anyone who was annoyed by Jane's parenting.

Apparently the ratings held steady this week.

PS. What's the assistant's motive? I didn't see that twist coming.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kirsty said:

I don't know -- I'm just glad she's not as naive and needy as she seemed.  Maybe Pete did something terrible to someone she cares about. 

Are the cops still looking at everyone's laptops?  They still don't know who sent the email, just that it was also on a cloned laptop.  Agree with SunnyBeBe that the cops had probable cause to search all the computers. 

Another nitpick -- set dressers need to put some liquid in coffee/drink cups.  We see Jane's sister tucking a container of coffee between her head and shoulder as she talks on the phone -- no way that's not gonna spill if anything's in there.  It just bugs me -- people lifting half-gallon cartons of milk like they weigh nothing, and "sipping" out of empty containers that are obviously empty. 

• Love 3

[I've just started watching the third episode, so I haven't read the comments yet.]

I was a staunch supporter of Kyra in the first ep, but then she impetuously snorted up a line up Special K animal tranquilizer and proceeded to waste the whole first night of those crucial "Golden Hours" chasing down her dealer, just so she could extrapolate confirmation that her husband is the kidnapper from some vague description of a black car.

Now she "can't even begin" to come up with any names from her workplace, after the detective tells her he needs a list?

Kyra, babe, you're losing me.

Edited by candall
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Kirsty said:

I didn't either, but mainly because I didn't think they would reveal anything so soon.

I am guessing the motive is money? The ex husband doesn't seem involved, so she's not helping him. Maybe she hooked up with him for access and is planning to ask for ransom so she doesn't have to keep working as a crappy assistant.

Or maybe she hates Jane, since according to the writer, Jane's a bitch to work for. The assistant is doing it to out Jane as a  "bad mother," and get custody for the ex so she can play happy family with him?

• Love 2

The more people bitch about the ex being some sort of monster, the more I find myself liking him just to spite the characters. Jane is still narrowed down on Pete as Lake's kidnapper, but she's just as bad as he is. Pete is violent, has serious rage issues and is an alcoholic, which isn't good for Lake. But then there's Jane, who does drugs, goes beyond what she should for her job, and is so focused on her job that she seems to have that take priority over everything. 

I'll be honest; I was satisfied with Bird bringing Child Protective Services to Jane once he learned about her drug dealing errand boy and lying about him. But damn; it's only episode 3! We're not even halfway! What else can they really do in the next seven episodes? 

So, I knew the assistant was involved somehow! I'm glad I called that out. I'm pretty sure her involvement has to do with Pete, but not that Pete knows.

I mean, I still hate pretty much everyone. Since Jane's sister has been fairly good thus far, I now suspect her, just because the director is already looking suspicious and I can't have nice things with my initial prediction. So yeah, Jane's sister is due to become a suspect soon, I'm pretty sure.

• Love 1
On October 18, 2017 at 0:45 PM, Lady Calypso said:

So yeah, Jane's sister is due to become a suspect soon, I'm pretty sure.

I suppose the desperate-to-have-a-child sister could be plotting with the assistant to get custody of Lake, but that would imply the sister is an unfit, short-sighted psycho. I mean: Be the fun dependable aunt or kidnap your niece? Sane choice or crazy pants choice?

• Love 1

Maybe something is wrong with me, but I like this show.

I don’t have a problem with Jane’s actions, the show would be boring if Jane just sat home rocking back and forth waiting for news, it’s a show, drama, not real life.

I don’t need anyone to root for, for me to enjoy the story and wonder who did it and why.

• Love 4