Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Boar-Dain

Katie plans the spring gala her way, despite pressure from Oliver, Greg and Tara. Meanwhile, Oliver is emasculated by his ex-girlfriend, so Greg attempts to teach him how to man up by throwing a successful barbecue.

I enjoyed this episode.  I really like Katie and Greg's marriage throughout this series and their family dynamics.

• Love 2

Who wants to bet that the Spring Ball will be the Sweeps/Last episode of the year.  I do like they are addressing some of the issues that have been brought up.  The fact that Katie is really the one that has the problem with people not the other way around, that she pushes Greg around.   Maybe we will see some character growth that last

• Love 2
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The pigs Greg was was shown all looked pretty young. Do they really sell live pigs for barbecues? Ugh. Baby pigs no less.

You know, it always throws me about Greg is how impulsive he is at times and then buys pretty expensive things. I had a friend of mine get a great smoker and he shared it on Instagram, but he planned on buying one and using it over several months and after he paid off his student loans. Greg and Katie have gone on about money so much last season and in just two episodes. They act like they have it to burn, but as I pointed out last season, why does Greg feel he has to do so much?

11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The pigs Greg was was shown all looked pretty young. Do they really sell live pigs for barbecues? Ugh. Baby pigs no less.

When Anthony Bourdain goes to a pig roast it's a full-on huge hog, not a baby piglet.  I don't know if they sell baby pigs for pig roasts because they're usually given for large groups, hence the huge hogs.  I think the show purposely did a baby pig so that the family wouldn't have the heart to kill it.  

On another note, is Katy Mixon pregnant again or did she really gain some weight this season?

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

I am ashamed to admit that I have bought a suckling(baby) pig for a roast for about 10 people

I hope it was already dead when you bought it so you didn't have to deal with having it killed!  Like the Ottos, I know I couldn't have handled that!

Then again I'm not ashamed to admit I had pulled pork for dinner tonight, LOL.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I hope it was already dead when you bought it so you didn't have to deal with having it killed!  Like the Ottos, I know I couldn't have handled that!

Then again I'm not ashamed to admit I had pulled pork for dinner tonight, LOL.

It was dead and it was delicious. 

• Love 4
On 10/6/2017 at 10:08 PM, Snarklepuss said:

When Anthony Bourdain goes to a pig roast it's a full-on huge hog, not a baby piglet.  I don't know if they sell baby pigs for pig roasts because they're usually given for large groups, hence the huge hogs.  I think the show purposely did a baby pig so that the family wouldn't have the heart to kill it. 

The guy he was buying it from did say something about the number of people Greg was intending to feed, so I assume the whole reason he bought a baby pig instead of a fully grown hog was purely based on servings.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, theatremouse said:

The guy he was buying it from did say something about the number of people Greg was intending to feed, so I assume the whole reason he bought a baby pig instead of a fully grown hog was purely based on servings.

Of course that's the real life reason, but I was thinking like a show writer, not a cook.  ;-).

I did laugh when the son (name?) was chasing the little piglet down the hallway in the background. Blink, you missed it.

Edited by Beezella
halfway instead of hallway makes no sense
  • Love 1