Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Game Face: Stone Cold Superheroes

Just when I was getting cocky that my judgement matched the judges', they come up with the final two eliminations that I didn't agree with at all.

I am beginning to hate the glue on a prosthetic mindset.  And enough purple, m'kay?

Then they show a preview of next week, and I didn't recognize anybody (and I have watched every season).  

• Love 1

Of course Miranda won. *sigh*  The judges have always favored her - and it's not that she's not talented, but I've just never been as enamored of her work as the judges. Especially after years of watching her run around like a stressed-out headless chicken. Clearly some things never change.

I'm sorry George and KC didn't go further, I would've loved to see either of them win.

• Love 6

It seemed so strange to me that the comments Glenn made while sitting and watching the artists work didn't seem to match his appraisal when he was standing in front of them.  In the main show, that disconnect is created by editing, but we see basically everything here, so I'm not sure why that happened.

• Love 3

Don't remember either of the two finalists. However, Miranda's win is inexplicable to me. Not only did the win annoy me, but so did the slight nasal quality of her voice.  As much as I like George and KC, I at least agreed with their boot order.

Unfortunately, I'm really not liking this show. Rick and Vee are awesome, and I enjoy hearing their behind the scenes snarky comments. But that's about it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Richness said:

Don't remember either of the two finalists. However, Miranda's win is inexplicable to me. Not only did the win annoy me, but so did the slight nasal quality of her voice. 

She had so much vocal fry it was making my throat hurt.  I do think both KC and George are more talented, but this just wasn't their day.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Richness said:

Unfortunately, I'm really not liking this show. Rick and Vee are awesome, and I enjoy hearing their behind the scenes snarky comments. But that's about it.

Agreed, I seriously do not like this show. I'll continue watching it as I love special effects makeup but this is just cheap. I still dont kno when the real Face Off next season starts?

What bothers me about the format on this show is the time crunch. There's literally no possible way anyone, regardless of talent, can turn out amazing work in an hour and a half. I'd much rather watch people with enough time to properly create something really cool (Forged in Fire, you should be listening to this too). Frustrating.

I'll probably tune in if I see one of my favorites will be on, otherwise I don't know if I'll bother.

• Love 2
On 9/14/2017 at 6:04 PM, diebartdie said:

Rick and Vee are awesome, and I enjoy hearing their behind the scenes snarky comments.

How about them, commenting on some classic movies?  Just let them talk, and comment on how something could be updated?  How else can they educate viewers when people who know what they're doing just keep it to themselves? 

IMO the highlight of Face Off this year was the judges enjoying the haunted house.