Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot

Drogo

Excited to see how this gets on. I've wanted to see Charlie Barnett get a regular gig since He was let go of Fire. Unfortunately if promo is anything to go by he seems designated as the poor sap who'll later get dumped for Matt Barrs character in this but hopefully he'll get some good screentime along the way.

Well he's consistently lied too by his somewhat absent and abrasive drug taking girlfriend who's already messing around with professional  handsome scumbag Matt Barr... Hope it works out for him but I doubt it

12 hours ago, Mars477 said:

Some of the military peeps that I follow on Twitter were snarking about the trailers for this one.  Like, "I don't care how much valor she has, she needs to police up that hair!"

She? The Sergeant Major flat out told him that he should before seeing the Colonel which was then ignored. I guess that she is technically old enough to be flying the 12 years it would take to be a CW3 but she doesn't look it. With a 2nd Lieutenant, who normally prove themselves in the Regular Army and prove themselves before being recruited intp Special Ops and the boyfriend.

But I bet the scar disappears by the next time we get the shot of her legs

Edited by Raja
22 minutes ago, derriere said:

I don't know if it was the actress or the writing but that OGA lady stood out as especially ridiculous in one of the silliest shows of the season. Yikes.

Yeah.  Plus, way to be completely unprofessional telling Porter that he was "adorable" or something to that affect.  If the gender roles were reversed the sexual harassment suite would've been filed so fast. Not ok.

• Love 4

She also called him an action figure.. It's been pretty trash so far but IMA support fir a bit longer.. One.. Cuz it's a show with mostly actors of color  and two.. Charlie barnett

• Love 1

It's like this show's writers wanted me to drop it immediately. Firstly, they showed a cute burn that was supposed to be a severe thigh shot wound, the one that apparently healed up after a month with no issues (apart from the drug addiction??). Secondly, all those gratuitous shots of the scantily clad main female character lazing around in bed. Thirdly, her perfectly fitting and tight military uniform. And of course, everyone's moronic attitude and hairdos.

Is this show on CW or something?

ETA: Yep, it's on CW. I should have guessed.

On 10.10.2017 at 7:23 PM, Chas411 said:

Not a great start and the reviews suck - I'd be shocked if they air all 13 episodes.

It's on CW so the ratings are kinda okay-ish for it. Could be this year's Frequency, though.

Edited by CooperTV
On 10/10/2017 at 2:27 PM, Whimsy said:

Yeah.  Plus, way to be completely unprofessional telling Porter that he was "adorable" or something to that affect.  If the gender roles were reversed the sexual harassment suite would've been filed so fast. Not ok.

I honestly didn't know WTF that was. I had to rewind that part because I thought I misunderstood the exchange. No, it was out of place and completely inappropriate like it first seemed. I don't know what they were going for with this show, but they missed the mark big time with me. I like Matt Barr in many things so I gave this a shot, but no.

I actually (and surprisingly) enjoyed this episode, at least enough to tune in next week- and not just because I've got a huge crush on Christina Ochoa. Matt Barr is really good, and I didn't think this was as shallow or paint by numbers predictable as some of the reviews I read afterwards. I'm not entirely sure that a secret military conspiracy story that calls for its main characters to lie to their superior officers in order to get to the bottom of things should have been titled "Valor" per se, but I think it is well done so far. (I also don't get some of the reviews saying "low production" values; maybe they're referring to some of the obvious cgi helicopters? The one complaint I would have was in regards to the editing in two quick cuts when Nora is walking to PT in the first 10 minutes of the show- they did this really weird fast forward thing that seemed entirely out of place; but otherwise, the production values seemed perfectly fine to me).

I'd still rather have more of CO as Grace in another season of Blood Drive, but alas, that is unlikely to happen.

• Love 2

Wow, among the three new military-themed show (plus The Brave and SEAL Team), I can comfortably say that this one is in the bottom and the gap is quite wide. I may tune in for the next episode, but from what I saw, I will quickly abandon this.

1. Okay, let us talk hair. Why does CPT Gallo sport long hair and beard? Apologists may say that he is in special operations. Therefore regular grooming standards may not apply. See those two shows above. But he is not an Operator. He is a helicopter pilot, stateside, in the garrison, and wearing 'normal' uniform. There is no reason whatsoever for him to not complying with Army grooming standards. 
  2. What about CW3 Madani? The same. As a female she is not authorized to wear her hair down like that. In the garrison it violates the grooming standards, in the cockpit it becomes impractical.
  3. While it may sound nice, by providing a background narrative when the medal is presented, the award citations must be read before the medal is presented. 
  4. Apparently CW3 Madani is much better pilot than everybody may think. She manages to land the helicopter in auto rotation without any horizontal movement.
  5. Why the Colonel ground Madani based on the information her boyfriend - who does not even rate - provided? Should the evaluation be given by medical officer or her chain of command?
  6. And do not even start with the CIA woman. Her demeanor is totally wrong, in the military or civilian alike. It is as if those who wrote her never spend a day in an workplace environment.
  7. I basically dislike stories that involve government agencies conspiring against each other.
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

Wow, among the three new military-themed show (plus The Brave and SEAL Team), I can comfortably say that this one is in the bottom and the gap is quite wide. I may tune in for the next episode, but from what I saw, I will quickly abandon this.

1. Okay, let us talk hair. Why does CPT Gallo sport long hair and beard? Apologists may say that he is in special operations. Therefore regular grooming standards may not apply. See those two shows above. But he is not an Operator. He is a helicopter pilot, stateside, in the garrison, and wearing 'normal' uniform. There is no reason whatsoever for him to not complying with Army grooming standards..

It was worse than just "he is/was special forces in combat." The Captain went as far as ignoring a Sergeant Major's advise before going to see his Colonel.

It does seem that they flipped the normal pilot relationships. While Captains have rank because of their commission it is those CW3 who are the hot sticks, the base top guns who are the instructor pilots and check out those returning to duty. After he shaves the Captain is expected to command a unit, not just fly an aircraft.