Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: The Traitor

raven

An unexpected guest brings old conflicts to the surface, dividing our heroes, threatening the group’s trust. With questionable new intel in hand, they launch a make‐or‐break final assault on the Master.

Damn, I thought that the Empire State building was going to blow up with Quinlan inside. I hope that he can escape in time to save the others.

Poor Eph. Zach is a lunatic. He did know that the Master was pretending to be his mother all along. 

Desai was such a piece of shit turning on his wife. 

I am glad that Roman is on the up and up. I like him. 

• Love 3

Zach is the worst. The absolute worst. The kid is a psychopath. The series better not end with him redeeming himself and being the hero. I just have an odd feeling that that's exactly how things might end, ugh, gag me. 

Eph should have shot the little jackass in the head. And it sucks that Desai's wife had to die, I knew she was a goner but I wish the Master would have killed her smarmy husband first. The momentum of the last few episodes was lost as well, nothing really happened in this episode. The interrogations, etc could have taken the first 30 minutes and there could have been a lot more plot; can't believe the end is next week already. I cannot believe this show has been on for four years either, time flies. 

• Love 6

Well, hopefully this means any minor shot of a "redemption arc" for Zach has been put to rest.  He truly is a little bastard and, as big of a fuck-up Eph is, he doesn't deserve a little shit stain of a son like Zach.  Kid probably really doesn't care that he nuked a bunch of people to death, because in his mind, it's all because daddy was a meanie!

Desai was an asshole to the end, I see.  Sucks that this wife had to pay the price as well, although if Desai had told the truth, I suspect The Master was going to kill both of them no matter what.  Cas Anvar was great though: he really made me believe that Desai truly bought into his own hype and was deluded enough to truly think he was right and even heroic on some levels.  Oh, you deluded fool!  Can't wait to see him on The Expanse again!

Roman seems to now be in the up and up again.  Hope this doesn't mean he's doomed, but he is only a guest character....

Assuming they both survive, Fet and Dutch are so rekindling the flame.

Quinlan's final scene wasn't that much of a cliffhanger.  He's overcome much bigger obstacles.

Really hope they find a way to bring Abe back for a flashback or two in the finale.  Eichorst too.

• Love 2

Cas Anvar is such a wonderful actor ! 

Love him as Alex in The Expanse but that is a totally different role and he nails it perfectly ! Damn, that scene between his character, Dutch and Fet ! Such a performance !

• Love 3
14 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Assuming they both survive, Fet and Dutch are so rekindling the flame.

Argh, I hope not. This will only lead to heartbreak for Fet. I rather he go find his girlfriend in her father's cabin. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Argh, I hope not. This will only lead to heartbreak for Fet. I rather he go find his girlfriend in her father's cabin. 

Assuming Eichorst didnt get to her first before heading back to Manhattan lol

• Love 2

That was OK.  Clearing the board of some side characters, answering definitively about Zach's allegiance (not that there was really any doubt, the nasty little shit) and setting us up for the series finale.

Dutch, I love ya, but stop with the "Zach has been through blah blah".  He hasn't been through anything worse than anyone else.  I appreciated that Eph didn't make excuses for him, didn't trust him and picked up on the blood signal right away.  I can't blame Eph for not shooting his own kid in the head.  Though if the Master weren't on his way, Zach would have died a horrible death locked in that room but I assume Eph knew the Master would let him out. 

6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Yeah, I'm with you.  I want everyone to survive but I think happiness for Dutch lies elsewhere.  She and Fet can still be friends.  If they save the world and survive, I expect Fet to go to his girlfriend.  We would have seen if Eichorst got her.

I'll miss Fet and Quinlan interacting.  When Fet tells Quinlan he's making him nervous with the detonator and Quinlan starts with "I've been handling weapons..." and Fet deepens his voice and finishes with "for 2,000 years" I laughed.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, raven said:

I'll miss Fet and Quinlan interacting.  When Fet tells Quinlan he's making him nervous with the detonator and Quinlan starts with "I've been handling weapons..." and Fet deepens his voice and finishes with "for 2,000 years" I laughed.

I am a huge fan of the Fet/Quinlan bromance so I will miss their snark. Fet looked sad saying goodbye to Quinlan and Quinlan seemed surprised and moved. I don't think that Quinlan thought that he would ever have a connection with a human again. I wish that Gus had spent more time with Quinlan. I liked their dynamic also.

Talking about Gus, I was glad that he hadn't forgotten Anya. I have no idea if he makes it out alive and I doubt that she is still alive or human, but it was nice that he stopped and remembered who he was before he decided to join up with Creem's crew.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, raven said:

When Fet tells Quinlan he's making him nervous with the detonator and Quinlan starts with "I've been handling weapons..." and Fet deepens his voice and finishes with "for 2,000 years" I laughed.

And gus doing fets "munchers" was awesome too! The strain really got its a act together for the end. I appreciate that it didnt just spin its wheels or force situations to wrap up the story but to me its progressing nicely to an end that will make the whole show one big story and not feel like it was slapped together to make an ending like so many shows do.

• Love 6