Type keyword(s) to search

Mr. Mercedes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 11/23/2018 at 9:40 PM, Lakebum said:

I would be shocked if there was a Season 3, UNLESS a third season is somehow related to what was the second book of the trilogy. (In fact, that would be an excellent way of turning Mr. Mercedes into a series... though the title "Mr. Mercedes" will have no relevance whatsoever.)

True. Brady’s storyline can only go so far. I like Harry Treadaway but I was getting tired of Brady’s antics in the second season. It was the other main characters I found myself wanting to see more of. I’d love for there to be a spin-off of sorts and have it circle around Finders Keepers with Bill, Holly, Jerome and Ida. And Fred, of course. 😀  I like the dynamics of the characters and have become invested in them. It could have an unlimited run with Finders Keepers taking on different cases.

(edited)
On 11/25/2018 at 7:49 PM, yourdreamer said:

Well it was picked up for a third season. I haven’t read the books so this will be interesting to see how and where it goes. 

So glad to hear it’s coming back. I’m interested to see where it goes too. 

Edited by ferjy
  • Love 2

Info for Season 3 and viewing info for Canadian viewers.

Super Channel is pleased to announce that the critically acclaimed series, Mr. Mercedes, returns for the exclusive Canadian premiere of a third season on Tuesday, September 10 at 10 p.m. ET on Super Channel Fuse. Each hour-long episode of the ten-episode season will also be available to subscribers on Super Channel On Demand the day following its weekly linear broadcast. Viewers can also catch up on all of seasons one and two, currently available On Demand.

Returning stars include Brendan Gleeson as Bill Hodges, Justine Lupe as Holly Gibney, Jharrel Jerome as Jerome Robinson and Breeda Wool as Lou Linklatter; Holland Taylor also returns in a guest starring role as Ida Silver. Emmy(r) nominee and two-time Oscar(r) nominee Bruce Dern (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, The Mustang), also joins the cast for season three in a guest starring role as John Rothstein.

Based on the Bill Hodges trilogy from prolific author Stephen King, season three of Mr. Mercedes will closely follow the story contained in “Finders Keepers,” the second book of the series, and continue to explore the fallout from the massacre perpetrated by Brady Hartsfield.

(I'll put the storyline preview in spoiler tags. It's not very spoilery but I know some people prefer not to know anything ahead of time.)

Spoiler

When beloved local author John Rothstein is found murdered, Hodges, Holly, and Jerome, along with local police, must track down his killer. But this case is more complex than the cold-blooded killing of an American icon. Unpublished novels of Rothstein’s were stolen from his home, and they are worth millions. As the case unfolds, the trio learns that although Brady may be gone, his depravity lives on in the lives of his victims.

Full article here:

http://www.channelcanada.com/canadian-channels/pay-tv-channels/super-channel/mr-mercedes-returns-to-super-channel-season-3-premieres-sept-10-at-10-pm-et/

Edited by ferjy
  • Love 1

Wow, I'm so surprised no one has posted anything here in so long. I'm really enjoying S3 a lot. Kate Mulgrew is killing it as Alma! What a hoot! Who knew pure evil could be so much fun. 🙂

Please post some comments. I can't be the only one on here watching this terrific show.

Edited by Arcey
typo
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2019 at 4:54 PM, Arcey said:

Wow, I'm so surprised no one has posted anything here in so long. I'm really enjoying S3 a lot. Kate Mulgrew is killing it as Alma! What a hoot! Who knew pure evil could be so much fun. 🙂

Please post some comments. I can't be the only one on here watching this terrific show.

I'm also surprised there are no comments; I hope people are watching. I don't know if there will be a Season 4 (there certainly is no more source material) but if this is it, I have enjoyed the ride.

On 10/20/2019 at 5:54 PM, Arcey said:

Kate Mulgrew was so brilliant as Alma; I was sad to see her go. I watched this season for her, and she didn't disappoint. 

I watched most of the final episode. Morris was obsessed with Rothstein until the end. I'm glad that psycho died. 

I enjoyed Hodges and Lou, as well. Brendan Gleeson is awesome.

• Love 2

Holy irish whisky, that was one serious series. I loved it, even though it grossed me out. Saw it all on Peacock, perfectly casted, wow wow wow. Even though it totally made me want to barf at times. Stephen King is the master of the story, especially when he is writing about Bill Hodges. He needs to do more detective stories. And man, what an ending, gurls that show is not over with AT ALL. 

Apparently there will be a Season Four coming in Fall of 2023. I don't know that they have any original source material to work from, but the characters are so wonderful that they should be able to come up with a decent storyline.

• Mind Blown 1