Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E04: Clint

• Start Topic

Clint, 36, was raised in a tight-knit, middle-class family. His parents expected success for their four children who were all precocious and engaged in school. But in high school, when his siblings had gone off to college, Clint fell in with the wrong crowd and began to struggle. The only graduation he would see was to a life controlled by crystal meth and opioids. At a loss as to where it all went wrong, Clint’s parents have seen their son’s excesses progress to crazy and dangerous levels. Without an intervention, they know he will die.

(edited)

Who is this new interventionist?  Jessie?   I missed what city they are in.  

Yeah, he is a mess. I don't know how he is still alive.  

ETA: Oh this is a Canadian episode.  I also see that another thread was started with a different S17 E04 but this is the one that was on the A&E Intervention website.  

Edited by auntieminem
  • Love 1

^ They were in Mississauga, Ontario. 

Could the twitching be due to his meth use?

I don't know what to think of this story. Clint seemed like he might be a nice guy but he was so tweaked out the entire episode there was no way to get a feel for who he was. And the people who care about him didn't have too much to say either. Perhaps because he started getting high so young?

It's interesting that outside of his parents and sister he really had no one. No girlfriend or boyfriend, no friends, just him and the drugs, which was kind of odd considering his age. Or maybe any friends he might have chose not to participate?

I did wonder when they were doing the profile if it was going to be revealed that he was gay because there was so much focus on the girlfriends he had in high school, but based on the profile he's had no one of significance since. Or perhaps no one worth mentioning. 

I knew Clint wouldn't stay in rehab. Sadly, I think he's too far gone. At least, his parents aren't enabling him anymore. Though that seemed like it was more his choice than theirs. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 1

So according to the interventionist... this drug addiction is all because Clint has ADHD and is jealous of his siblings success. Did I hear him right? The man graduated high school and had a job.  He chose to try coaine at a party, got hooked and has paid attention to being an addict for years.  Don't put this on the parents.

After finishing this episode- there is something else wrong with Clint.  He's extremely fearful of everything and everyone.  He was immature at 36, which can't be blamed on his age when becoming addicted as he was an adult by then.  

Edited by mythoughtis
Added further thoughts
  • Love 5

Clint couldn't possibly be helped by the show. He is in need of a seriously overdue diagnosis for an underlying medical condition. His family all seem like very loving, kind people but for some reason they all have an over simplified idea of what Clint has gone through since graduating high school, and he's 36 now! His condition has had a very long time to become the problem it is today- and they missed much more than a case of ADHD when he was a teenager.

I have never seen someone have such an  agitated, psychotic, reaction to a shot of heroin in my life. Clint's behavior from the drugs he was using on the show were glaring indications that he is suffering from a chemical imbalance, and his family's hopes that a trip to detox and a few months in rehab are going to restore their baby boy are hopelessly shortsighted and naive.

The parents had an obviously genuine love for him, and they both came across as the nicest of people- but somehow, their needs to be a deeper level of understanding applied and a comprehension by his loved ones of what Clint's underlying issues are, for him to forge a stronger connection to his own recovery. The approach as it occurred was severely lacking in an insightful diagnosis of Clint's overall condition, and probably reinforced his longstanding inferiority complex and feelings of inadequacy. 

• Love 8

Mk202-

in the USA episodes, some of the addicts have been diagnosed/treated for medical/mental issues as part of the rehab facilities function.  Do you think the Canadian ones do also?  The administrator made it sound like Clint had an issue that interfered with his being able to fully work the program. 

Edited by mythoughtis

Personally I thought they had the wrong interventionist on this. I think Donna only works US cases but she might've been good for this one with her history of psychosis when she was using. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 4
On 8/25/2017 at 5:52 PM, Enero said:

Personally I thought they had the wrong interventionist on this. I think Donna only works US cases but she might've been good for this one with her history of psychosis when she was using. 

Why is she the wrong interventionist for Clint? You mentioned because she only does American cases....I don't get what you're saying. Are you meaning that Americans and Canadians are different species?

Actually where he lived Mississauga is a half hour drive to Toronto where we have the Centre for Addiction And Mental Health. It's the largest facility of its kind in North America (meaning, including the US) and this place has the ability to deal with people who have addiction and mental health issues together. So Clint lives in the perfect place. And because it's Canada it's free.

And Donna was not Clint's interventionist, it was a guy named Jesse Hanson.

1 hour ago, Couchplotato said:

Why is she the wrong interventionist for Clint? You mentioned because she only does American cases....I don't get what you're saying. Are you meaning that Americans and Canadians are different species?

Actually where he lived Mississauga is a half hour drive to Toronto where we have the Centre for Addiction And Mental Health. It's the largest facility of its kind in North America (meaning, including the US) and this place has the ability to deal with people who have addiction and mental health issues together. So Clint lives in the perfect place. And because it's Canada it's free.

And Donna was not Clint's interventionist, it was a guy named Jesse Hanson.

Enero is saying that Donna would have possibly been a better choice for interventionist because she also had a history of psychosis when she did drugs.  But that she probably only does American cases and that's possibly why they didn't choose her for Clint.

• Love 4