Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: It's Called Bimbofication

OnceSane

Man, this show is getting tired.

Also, why are these people willing to endure the pain and expense of changing their bodies, but take no issue whatsoever in their crooked teeth?

You might wanna fix that grill before you have your fingers sewn together. 

• Love 3

Sew your fingers together. Internal corset. I really wonder how these idiots are coming up with this shit and if there are doctors out there who are really doing these surgeries. Or if there are non-medical people doing body modifications and these idjets think real docs like Paul and Terry would actually do them too. I just can't get over how this woman thinks she will function in life, for the rest of her life, with her fingers sewn together. Her goofy husband just stood there arguing with the docs too. I hope they got paid well to be on the show because, damn, they looked stupid.

Once again, the other surgeries turned out nicely. For once, Terry didn't go FrankenBoob; they suited her small frame and she was so happy.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

For once, Terry didn't go FrankenBoob; they suited her small frame and she was so happy.

When Terry said he would use a small implant, I was imaging he would go for a 450 cc, a small D, instead of a full D.  I didn't think he knew the alphabet below a D.  I was nicely surprised, and I agree, the patient was very happy.

• Love 4

I'd like to see them skip the fame whores and do more than breasts and noses. This episodes' breast patient appeared to be a natural platinum blond, thin, with blue eyes, something sold all over the world as the feminine ideal (and yes, breasts disproportionately large for the thin body are part of the image) and she still thought she needed some fake breasts. I'm glad they got her something natural sized for her body and that's she's happy with them. Her husband seemed like a great guy who wanted her to get her breasts done for her. So glad her *seventh* breast surgery worked out well. I hope she leaves them alone now.

2 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

I'd like to see them skip the fame whores and do more than breasts and noses.

Up to a point I agree with the fame whores - but I confess I am fascinated by the terrifying body modification addicts who never think there is any possibility of bad results and I would like to hope that most people who watch the show are as appalled by all those Third Patients That Are Always Refused by Nassif and Dubrow as I am.

They have many times done surgeries other than breasts and noses (lipo revisions, butts, etc.) but given that Nassif is a nose guy and DuBrow is a breast guy it's probably best all around that they focus on their own area of experience and expertise.  I have certainly learned from this show how many things can go wrong with plastic surgery - if they're going to do other surgeries they should bring in other surgeons - which I remember them doing with an ear guy?  Probably it would be better to bring in a butt guy if they're going to continue to do the butt revisions.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 1

I've tried twice now to watch this episode and have fallen asleep. I give up.

I think it's a telling commentary on our culture that a woman is coming in for her SEVENTH breast augmentation attempt, which the doctor said would have at best only a 50% chance of being successful long-term. And then there's the endless parade of huge-breasted freak shows that keep wanting to go bigger.

• Love 1

while cynically I understand the addicted customers may be included for the omg factor I do sort of appreciate seeing whats going on out there in the world.  I mean that these people are making their living by undergoing extreme body modification based on customer wants is really walking some ethical moral lines.  Who is crazier?  the perdon making a living or all the sickos watching paying and asking for more?

Im under the impression that nose jobs are very hard to do and getting one done right is very hard.

I would love to see an equal amount of breast reductions and it bugs me there arent any.

• Love 3

Given the show's schtick is fixing "botched" plastic surgery, there's no slot for breast reductions, is there? Except for taking out too-big implants.

I also figure nose jobs and boob jobs are the most common surgeries, which is both why those are their two specialties and why there are so many jokers doing them poorly.

there are botched reductions beyond simply too big or too small.  Different sized breasts, nipples in weird placement, pointing the wrong way.  dog ears are common.  post op infections can cause some pretty bad stuff.  I was left with a very bad symastia by my board certified surgeon(yea so much for that). Akso a little pancaked.  very hard to find a bra. Theyve done butts and did a scalp scar tummy tuck so they do other stuff.

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1
On 8/30/2017 at 8:22 PM, marys1000 said:

while cynically I understand the addicted customers may be included for the omg factor I do sort of appreciate seeing whats going on out there in the world.  I mean that these people are making their living by undergoing extreme body modification based on customer wants is really walking some ethical moral lines.  Who is crazier?  the perdon making a living or all the sickos watching paying and asking for more?

Im under the impression that nose jobs are very hard to do and getting one done right is very hard.

I would love to see an equal amount of breast reductions and it bugs me there arent any.

I think one of the other issues that they self select to not include patients who likely wouldn't have any improvement or the surgery would be life threatening like Rajee who had cement in her face. Given that Paul is in a facial group, he might be able to consult with one of them on bad face and eye lifts.

I would like a little more variations in the types of surgeries. Though I did love that Paul told the twin with the "good" nose job that the nose job wasn't that great. I'd like fewer fame whores and I wouldn't mind a couple of people who had been botched by one of those noninvasive procedures. I think they do need to remind viewers that pumping parties and fillers and injectables can still have bad results.