Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Veritas

maraleia

A secret investigation conducted by Beckett related to her mother's murder goes awry when a man she has been surveilling is killed. When evidence links Beckett to the victim, she and Castle become the targets of a manhunt that puts both of them in grave danger.

On the plus side, the mombatross is well and truly dead this time.

But honestly, Castle why do you want to marry a woman who breaks a promise to you so easily.   Yeah she promised to not do this alone, but hey, the chance came up she took it.   Which is a stupid ass reason.   Same with the PD.   Why does she still have a job?  She can't even keep her gun that is in a stuff (hey a new way Beckett loses her gun) and then she goes to Vulcan and ruins any evidence against him.   Good thing he wound up dead.

I presume that box of stuff was not in the apartment when it went kablooey all those seasons ago?   Convenient for Beckett.  

Honestly Bracken commits all these murders and has drug money funding his campaigns and there is absolutely no evidence?   None?   No one is that good, not without supernatural help.   And this show is not does not do that.  

Then there is the preview.   Oh goodie, the oldie and not goodie unknown previous marriage.   Ya know, most people know they were married before and are not surprised at the license department.   Really.

• Love 1

How do they even know with the licensing department? I was married, widowed, remarried getting a license in the same county as the first one. I showed ID (with my last name from the first marriage that was my legal last name), no questions were asked. They didn't check anything as far as I could tell. 

I'm just so glad her mom's murder is finally solved.  It was dragging down the show when they would keep bringing it up. The plot just kept getting more and more convoluted and crazy as the seasons went on. Had they wanted to keep it an unsolved mystery, that would have been fine. Let it be something that drives Beckett. But since they felt the need to devote multiple shows to it each season, they needed to solve it and move on.

How did Kate Beckett hold that capsule in her mouth without it dissolving? With all that whiskey? I figured she would take them, or help would bust in. Surprised that Bracken had the balls to visit her at the motel. He had to know no one was watching.

Was worried when Beckett went to the "Truck Repair and Service" alone that something would happen. Vulcan Simmons catching her worried me. I figured he would destroy the Towncar. But then he was dead by Beckett's revolver. I wondered how!!?? I thought after Jason Marks was murdered that Beckett would be somehow in trouble.

I worried that Internal Affairs Captain Marcus Donovan was on the take from Senator William H. Bracken. I am glad he was on the up and up. When Beckett grabbed the elephant bones and broke it open and the cassette tape fell I was waiting to see his foot crush it "by mistake". But Captain Montgomery spelled it out pretty good. Glad while resting in Castle's friends car Beckett clearly dreampt of her talk with then Captain Roy Montgomery way back.

Was real nice how Ryan and Espo explained it all to Captain Gates. Thought when the 4 were brought in in cuffs, that Captain Gates would do something.

Really liked seeing Beckett take Bracken down during the TV interview. "Found the tape, It's over!!" But is that the end of it???

Presumably she explained what the tape was and who was looking for it.   Then they listened to it and investigated further showing she had been set up.   Then they had to get further evidence on Bracken.   You don't interrupt a press conference to arrest a sitting Senator on murder charges iwthout a lot of evidence.   But all that is boring so they skipped over it and went straight to the bust.   

Hope to never ever hear about Beckett's Mom again.

This episode was ridiculous.  How many places did she head to alone?  She tampered with evidence. She broke into her apartment, causing Ryan and Espo to get arrested too.  I want The 70s Show episode back....

I don't think it's over. Or at least it's not so over that the show runners can't go back to the well when they get bored. Bracken was staring Beckett in the eye as he was driven a way. A guy like Bracken has people everywhere.

Please let this be the end of the Mombatross and everything to do with Bracken. It has been dragged out for so long (or maybe it just feels like it's been forever).

I think the only thing I liked about the episode was Castle explaining to Kate that fleeing was surviving to live another day and come up with a plan, not just running away. I get wanting to solve such a personal case, but being stubborn and sticking around just to let Bracken's flunkies kill you is not going to get the murder solved any faster.

I, too, was certain that someone's foot would stomp on the tape before they had a chance to listen to it and then I'd be subjected to six more seasons of this storyline so at least yay for that not happening.

Marlowe does sound genuinely bored with it now which is a blessed relief, may be even he's finally realised that you can only flog a dead horse for so long. 

However, saying that I've no doubt that if he's scrabbling around for ideas come the tail end of S7 Bracken will appear once again. 

• Love 1