Type keyword(s) to search

The Bold Type in the Media

Why 'The Bold Type' is the Most Relevant Show on Television Right Now   Another nice article. 

I like the part when they say that TBT is a digital native : 

The writers on The Bold Type understand social media and don't treat it like some kind of witchcraft with the ability to save or ruin civilization

Most people might not like that part because they think the opposite (like it's truly witchcraft lol) but even if I'm not a fan of some social media, that's not a reason to think it's bad for people or something. Everything is always bad or good, it only depends on how you use it. So I don't mind seeing them tweeting or texting all the time during an episode. Besides it's kind of Kat's job. 

Of course I also like the part about TBT embracing a positive LGBT representation. 

Perhaps the best example of this is Jacqueline Carlisle (Melora Hardin) who mentors her young charges in a way that is so supportive it verges on unrealistic.

It's nice to see that acknowledged. With Jane, there would most likely be a senior/executive editor who would look at her stuff first. I thought Kat had someone over her, but Jacqueline called her a manager/director in the layoffs episode, so I guess Jacqueline is her direct superior. And if anyone's going to mentor Sutton, it would be Oliver, especially since Sutton is an assistant.

It would be interesting to have an editor above Jane who isn't as nurturing as Jacqueline and see how Jane handles that. She needs a lot of handholding at the beginning of the writing process, and that can be time-consuming. I'd like to see someone throw her in the deep end and make her swim, as it were.

11 hours ago, retrograde said:

Hmm, wonder what the conflict was about? 

Unfortunately we will probably find out when the show comes back and it’s completely different. I have a feeling they wanted to make it more soapy and mor catty. 

8 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

Unfortunately we will probably find out when the show comes back and it’s completely different. I have a feeling they wanted to make it more soapy and mor catty. 

Saraw Watson had said when TBT ended  weeks ago that in season two she would want to focus more on the male cast if they got renewed. And Freeform is now talking about how they want "to continue to champion these incredible women" and they're all about how they want "to deliver  shows that celebrate female voice" .

Whatever happened I hope they don't ruin the show.  

• Love 2

it's speculation. We will know when the show comes back or even when they start producing it. I wonder if Sarah Watson is going to say something about it. She hasn't said anything since the show got renewed. Which is understandable. TBT was her show after all.