Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E00: Swimming With Sharks

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

In spite of the fact that I created this thread several days ago I forgot to check if my DVR was set to record the episode. It was not!

If anyone watched was it worth your time? 

Meh, I mean it was kinda neat to see some of the updates, but most of them aren't new. I mean they're new but the products have been shown on updates before. 

Yup, plus Lara Spencer had been running a lot of clips from the show during segments on Good Morning America, so put it all together, there wasn't that much new stuff. Except they had a bit where all the sharks talk about one another. Mark Cuban ragged on Robert mercilessly.

• Love 1

I thought it was kind of interesting that Mr. Wonderful actually admitted that there was a deal that, in hindsight, he should not have made. It was that toy company that was described as "the Netflix of toys". You'd sign up, have toys shipped to you, when the kids got bored, you'd pack up the toys and send 'em back, and they'd send you new ones. Kevin and Mark, I think, both invested in that deal, and after a very short period of time (3 months, maybe?) the company packed it in.

(edited)

That was actually a cool idea about the toy swap...Mark said his kids loved it.  I think Kevin said that the couple that ran it were fighting all the time.  Big risk taking on people with no track record whatsoever in a business environment.  It has to be a REAL job to be successful.  That means having solid processes in place and putting aside personal crap to get things done the right way.   Some people are just not suited to that environment. 

It just doesn't seem like any of the Sharks really like each other....*LOL*

Edited by leighdear

The updates are often my favorite part of the show and I didn't see any of the GMA clips so I'll have to check this out. And also to see what they have to say about each other.

• Love 2

I thought it was kind of interesting that Mr. Wonderful actually admitted that there was a deal that, in hindsight, he should not have made. It was that toy company that was described as "the Netflix of toys". You'd sign up, have toys shipped to you, when the kids got bored, you'd pack up the toys and send 'em back, and they'd send you new ones. Kevin and Mark, I think, both invested in that deal, and after a very short period of time (3 months, maybe?) the company packed it in.

I had huge reservations about this business.  Many kids have too many toys as it is because they never want to get rid of stuff even if they don't play with it.  Perhaps in more urban environments where space is limited, I could see it.  But then the germs. Ugh!  And the hassle of shipping if you don't have a doorman.

Perhaps in more urban environments where space is limited, I could see it.  But then the germs. Ugh!

They mentioned that the toys were sterilized each time they were returned.

This was on again 12.09. I enjoyed it as I haven't seen all episodes. But I *really* was disturbed by Cuban's ragging on RH. Rob is so complimentary much of the time so I don't get why there is no quid pro quo.

This was on again 12.09. I enjoyed it as I haven't seen all episodes. But I *really* was disturbed by Cuban's ragging on RH. Rob is so complimentary much of the time so I don't get why there is no quid pro quo.

Take this for whatever it's worth, but several of the sharks have said that Robert's doing an act.  Before the current season started a lot of them were doing interviews and I specifically remember Daymond saying that "Robert isn't as nice as he seems".  And that's actually consistent with his time on Dragon's Den (Canada) where it was conveyed that 4 of the 5 dragons would hang out socially on occasion but Robert wouldn't join them.

Of course that's hearsay so don't think less of him on my account. But that's what I've heard.