Type keyword(s) to search

Again With This Mini: Who Has The Best Post-Show Career?

• Start Topic

I agree with Shando and Gabrielle, for the reasons stated. I also agree that Ian Ziering has been pretty impressive at getting steady work, attention and ladies, which seems to be working out just fine for him and he is indeed living his best life. I might also throw a bone to Luke Perry, because I like that weird little Riverdale show, but he gets points off for returning to 90210. But then he gets points back for not returning to the reboot. I also feel like BAG deserves some recognition for landing parts and looking pretty hot, and impregnating Megan Fox and such. But I think we can all agree Tori Spelling is the worst, right? I mean, I have seen James Eckhouse in a Broadway play within the last 5 years, and even Carol Potter has aged gracefully and walked away from the industry and into something more meaningful.

• Love 2
(edited)

I could argue the dissenting opinion that Tori has had the best career. Not acting-wise of course, but she's shown a Kardashian-like ability to stay in the public eye without really doing anything. She wrote a few books, hopped on the VH1 celebreality train early with "So Notorious", had multiple reality shows just based on her and Dean and the big family. Her finances are screwed according to the tabloids, but who here thought 25 years ago that we'd still know her name?

Edited by MCMLXXVII
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, MCMLXXVII said:

I could argue the dissenting opinion that Tori has had the best career. Not acting-wise of course, but she's shown a Kardashian-like ability to stay in the public eye wihout really doing anything. She wrote a few books, hopped on the VH1 celebreality train early with "So Notorious", had multiple reality shows just based on her and Dean and the big family. Her finances are screwed according to the tabloids, but who here thought 25 years ago that we'd still know her name?

Agreed.  She's definitely tried to squeeze the most of out of her 90210 experience too.  She still eats, sleeps, breathes Donna Martin Graduates.

• Love 1

I would argue Tiffani Theissen has had a pretty good post-show career. Not right away, she kind of disappeared for a while but then she got White Collar. Now she has a cooking show, which is kind of fun to watch because she has past costars on it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, fireice13 said:

I would argue Tiffani Theissen has had a pretty good post-show career. Not right away, she kind of disappeared for a while but then she got White Collar. Now she has a cooking show, which is kind of fun to watch because she has past costars on it.

There's also the season eight cast member who went on to win two Oscars. I think that's why they kept it to the season one cast only.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sarah D. Bunting said:

And I don't begrudge Swank her Oscars, but she was BAAAAAD here.

Maybe that's more a condemnation of 90210 than Swank.  Even a future two-time Oscar winner couldn't make that shit work.

BAG has popped up in a lot of things.  He was a cast member on that one-season Freddie Prinze Jr. show, he was literally the best thing on The Sarah Connor Chronicles (even better than Lena Headey), he did a few episodes of Smallville and I think had a recurring role on Desperate Housewives.  And married Megan Fox too...

• Love 5
(edited)

I feel like Kathleen Robertson is doing okay for herself.  She did some indie movies, made some TV guest appearances (she was in a "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" I still remember), she's had some series regular roles lately, and she seems to be getting into writing/producing.

17 hours ago, fireice13 said:

She had that "Fastlane" show with the Fatch, wasn't that shortly after the end of 90210?

Edited by TeeVee329
2 hours ago, Sarah D. Bunting said:

And I don't begrudge Swank her Oscars, but she was BAAAAAD here.

HaHaHa - agree, but maybe the * ahem * cast showed her all the things NOT to do, as an actor and she took note.

19 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:
19 hours ago, MCMLXXVII said:

I could argue the dissenting opinion that Tori has had the best career. Not acting-wise of course, but she's shown a Kardashian-like ability to stay in the public eye wihout really doing anything. She wrote a few books, hopped on the VH1 celebreality train early with "So Notorious", had multiple reality shows just based on her and Dean and the big family. Her finances are screwed according to the tabloids, but who here thought 25 years ago that we'd still know her name?

Agreed.  She's definitely tried to squeeze the most of out of her 90210 experience too.  She still eats, sleeps, breathes Donna Martin Graduates.

Re: Tori... I think for famewhoring purposes, she wins, hands down, but I'm not sure she's a winner in the "career" department only because she's rich-people-broke and someone who had a good career, I would think, would be able to pay her damn bills and support her family. Although point well taken that she definitely has kept herself in the spotlight along the lines of "there's no such thing as bad publicity."

• Love 2