Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Unforgivable Debt

• Start Topic

Ramona reveals Sonja's financial secrets. Elsewhere, Kristen visits a new modeling agent; Sonja is stood up by her 23-year-old flame; and the heat is on at a spa when Kristen and Ramona have a dispute.

Posted this on TWoP:

1. Kristen looked gorgeous at the spa.  No makeup, hair back, just stunning.

2. Aviva was "adding feul to the fire" more than Kristen, and for minutes longer, so why didn't she get champagne thrown on her?

3. Ramona's a major bitch.  No doubt this behavior is due to the fact that Mario was banging a woman Kristen's age (or younger) at this time, so Ramona is taking everything out on her.

4. Can't believe she threw champagne on her for that innocuous comment.  What a psycho.

5. Can't believe she called Sonja's boyfriend's mother.

6. I felt sorry for Sonja when she got stood up.  Though, what can you expect from some 23-year-old guy?  Date grown men, Sonja.  Guys that age are still banging around.  He told you he doesn't text and doesn't email?  Nah.  I'll bet he does, just not with you.

• Love 3

Sonja shouldn't be dating at all.  She needs to get her mental health in order first.  The only men she's going to attract are the like, or ones that will take advantage of her.  She just ain't right.

Ramona, though the crazy eyes are genetic, just looks/acts deranged this season.  I don't see her as looking good or refreshed at all.  Aviva was right about Sonja AND Ramona.  They're both on a downward spiral.  Which answers the question as to why they're all friends:  because they're all nuts.

• Love 2

I agree with candy moocher- Ramona totally sees Kristen as the girl Mario was cheating with.  There is no other explanation of her over the top dislike of Kristen IMO. 

I think Kristen is one of the most natural looking beautiful women on any of the RHO shows.  She should hold an intervention for her friend Brandi and tell her to stop already with the fillers. Why do the West coast women look so tortured?  I guess the plastic surgeons on the East coast understand having "work done" shouldn't turn the patient into a cartoon character. Luann looks good, Sonja does too.

Sonja's boyfriend probably cut and ran after that burlesque debacle and seeing Sonja act all cuckoo for cocoa puffs.  If he was attracted to an older woman in the first place it was probably because he was looking for a level of maturity (and sex), not frat house antics.

Is Carole seriously thinking about removing the kitchen from her apartment? I hope better heads prevail and the design team talk her out of it.  Put a desk in there with some shelves, but don't erase the kitchen! Even if she never plans to sell, eventually when she's dead, someone will have to sell/move in there.  I'd think the new residents would appreciate a stove and fridge.

Looks like Ramona continues her craziness next week in the Berkshires.  She's the worst house guest ever. I know Bravo pays for these foolish trips and likes to wind these nuts up with the drama, but in the real world, who would ever invite Ramona (or Sonja) to stay with them?  They bitch about everything and they are so ungracious.

• Love 1

I just can't believe she would call his MOTHER! Hahaha. I loved when Sonja said something like "I have too many opinions, that's why I didn't marry royalty." Like that was an option while hostessing. Poor delusional thing. I am starting to feel less compassion toward her. I found both Aviva and Carol bearable this episode. Loving the Countess . Peel off wallpaper is that really a thing?! Loved it.

Is Carole seriously thinking about removing the kitchen from her apartment?   

Of course.  That will bring her one step closer to fulfilling her Carrie Bradshaw SWF dreams.  Didn't Carrie keep her sweaters in the oven because she didn't cook either?  Carole = poor man's Carrie.  The hair, from long and loose to dutch braids, fingerless gloves, wacky hats, quirky clothes...all that's missing is a tutu, really good shoes and a Mr. Big.  Heather is Carole's Miranda.

• Love 2

While I think Ramona should have picked a time off camera to have her "come to Jesus" moment with Sonja, I do think Ramona's heart was in the right place.  Sonja should be hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst, but clearly she's put all her emotional eggs in the "hoping for the best" basket. 

Sonja came off slightly insane during the conversation where she was yelling about all her different projects and how no one listens to her. 

I disagree strongly with the idea of spending money to make your apartment worth less (taking out the kitchen).  You never know what can happen and she might want/need to sell the apartment down the road.  It's one thing to paint or wallpaper in a way that you know you'll have to change when your house goes on the market, but to remove the kitchen entirely...?  Also, she must need some sort of a fridge...if for nothing else, to keep champagne, wine and her leftovers. 

Removable wallpaper looks like contact paper to me <-- the stuff that you can use to line kitchen drawers.  I had friends in college that "wallpapered" their dorm room with contact paper.

We're seeing so much of LuAnn that I still wonder why she's not a full-fledged HW.  Is it only because she doesn't have a "story line" that they can push for her this season?

• Love 2

ETA:  Just saw this in Sonja's blog on Bravo:

I'm staying in a gorgeous home in the Hamptons lent to me by my friends at Nest Seekers International real estate brokerage because I sent them referrals previously and never asked for anything in return. In fact, I just gave Luis Ortiz on Million Dollar Listing New York my $18 million dollar listing, which I understand he's about to close on.

So, does that mean that she's selling her townhouse and that it's closing soon?  That's what it sounds like to me.  I wonder where she'll move to?  I'm assuming she won't be able to stay in borrowed houses forever.

Sonja can't be referring to her townhouse as an $18M listing.  It's not worth anywhere near that much.  It's listed with Corcoran at $8.25M. 

http://www.corcoran.com/nyc/Listings/Display/2831567

Thanks for the link....the pictures of her townhouse are great.  I wonder what the $18M listing that she refers to is then?  I assumed it was the townhouse because she references a NY realtor.  Unless when she says "my listing" she means a referral...?  If so, that's a weird way of phrasing it.

I guess the link above confirms at the very least that she is, in fact, planning to move out of the townhouse, which supports my opinion that Ramona's advice was valid re: Sonja figuring out her options in case the TH was sold..

Edited by MMLEsq

I've seen a couple different listings on Sonja's house over the last couple years and Corcoran has done it best so far, imo.  I hadn't seen a couple of those outdoor pics before.  By focusing on the much desired and rare outdoor space and dropping some of the dark, dated interior shots, they'll hopefully lure more people in to look.  But if it's overpriced, it's overpriced. 

Speaking of tired and dated.  Poor Carole Bradshaw's sofa needs a refresh. The current one's armrests are threadbare. 

• Love 1

I think Carole could paint her apartment.  She doesn't have to go wild, but those white walls, with the very high ceilings, seemed very sterile and bare and cold.  Even a simple beige would have warmed it up a bit and made it seem cozier if she didn't actually want color.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's listed with Corcoran at $8.25M.

Do the interns come with it?

I'm really enjoying Lu this season, she has suddenly become the voice of reason, long may she reign.  I feel bad for Sonja, she has this show, which has the potential of being a marketing bonanza, but she hasn't yet thrown out a product.  Start making those toaster ovens, girl!  I wouldn't go near one, but I'm sure there's a market for it.  You can start by giving one to Carole for her non-kitchen.

Edited by sugarbaker design

Sonja could have probably gotten a "Sonja in the City" book published.  She was married to Morgan for a while, and apparently had lots of adventures with sultans and kings.  It might have been full of delusions and silly, but some people would have bought it just to see if there was any Morgan gossip.

She could have included a toaster oven recipe to go with each chapter.  "We had such a divine time in the Seychelles, so much fresh seafood on the Sultan of Brunei's yacht!  Here's my spicy toaster oven tilapia recipe that will make you feel like you are in the Seychelles!"  

That could have given her a launch pad for her toaster oven recipes, toaster oven, and potholders/accessories that she could market on QVC. 

But Sonja just wants to pose for sexy pictures for toaster oven boxes, not actually do any real work.

• Love 3

Not a bad idea, izabella.  If she could teach me how to make French toast that actually tasted like the kind she had in the French Riviera, I'd buy it.  That would have made a gorgeous cookbook.  Think of the pictures.  Beautiful china, flowers, fruit, silver tea sets, exotic locales.

Not only did she just want to pose for sexy pictures for the box, but both she AND Heather thought it was a good idea to put a shirtless dude on the box, too.  I don't want a hairy chest and arm pit hair to be associated with my food at all..

I think Carole's mother-in-law, Lee Radziwill, gave her that sofa.  It's upholstered in some super expensive fabric.

I love that she has a sentimental attachment to the sofa, but even my non-royal mother-in-law would tell me to get that shit fixed or replaced  If Carole replaces it in the reno, she should take some of the fabric and make pillows or something.

Also, instead of using the space where the piano is to put a 'banquette', why not have a built in, hideaway office built there.  If she puts in a banquette, she must mean that she's actually going to provide food and drinks at some point.  Which means she'll need a kitchen.

That Carole! Such a caution! No need for a kitchen. I mean who needs to cook? Ever! That's obviously beneath someone of her vast accomplishments.

I guess she is never going to write a cookbook. (Unless she gets a ghostwriter. Maybe Teresa Giudice can do if from prison)

What a catch. Some lucky guy is going to snap her right up!

I think Scout the dog said it best by giving up on the conversation and rolling over. My sentiments exactly. This episode was so boring with all of the fake fights and so much delusional Sonja. 

Is Carole seriously thinking about removing the kitchen from her apartment? I hope better heads prevail and the design team talk her out of it.  Put a desk in there with some shelves, but don't erase the kitchen! Even if she never plans to sell, eventually when she's dead, someone will have to sell/move in there.  I'd think the new residents would appreciate a stove and fridge.

I wonder if any of those scenes were scripted or planned. I mean, they were intensely boring but they seemed to fit too well with the Carole narrative. I get that there are people who are convinced that every woman will eventually want to find a significant other and/or get married and/or have children. I've read about women who had difficulty getting their tubes tied because the doctors were convinced they would want children someday. But it just seemed too convenient for Carole to want to remodel and then to go on and on about her brilliant design idea (Yes, very poor man's Carrie Bradshaw) and then have the guys continually tell her "oh, but what if you want to get married" and similar B.S.

The conversation about Sonja made me recall the promo for next week. Josh is awful but I'm hoping they justify his screentime by really having some fun with his meeting with Sonja. Don't short change me, show! I am still waiting for something I can enjoy. I miss Princesses Long Island. At least in the beginning, it made me laugh. I don't get any enjoyment out of the manufactured drama and cringe-worthy behavior. I hope LuAnn does start picking sides because I'll probably be able to root for her and it'll help me get invested in something on this show.

All of Carole's scenes seemed odd this week.  The joke about getting engaged, the gold leaf ceiling joke, the kitchen removal (joke?) the neighbor and dog bit (wtf?)...just odd and grasping.  The scene with her and Heather felt mildly organic but Carole ruined it by telling me that she stays up at night editing people's Wiki pages.

Is this the world we live in?

Posted this on TWoP:

1. Kristen looked gorgeous at the spa.  No makeup, hair back, just stunning.

2. Aviva was "adding feul to the fire" more than Kristen, and for minutes longer, so why didn't she get champagne thrown on her?

3. Ramona's a major bitch.  No doubt this behavior is due to the fact that Mario was banging a woman Kristen's age (or younger) at this time, so Ramona is taking everything out on her.

4. Can't believe she threw champagne on her for that innocuous comment.  What a psycho.

5. Can't believe she called Sonja's boyfriend's mother.

6. I felt sorry for Sonja when she got stood up.  Though, what can you expect from some 23-year-old guy?  Date grown men, Sonja.  Guys that age are still banging around.  He told you he doesn't text and doesn't email?  Nah.  I'll bet he does, just not with you.

I agree with all of your points. At first I thought Ramona threw the champagne being playful & that Kristen flicking the water was back at her playfully. But by Ramona's crazy reaction I realized she wasn't playing from the start. I don't know how she is so successful but can't stay on topic or listen to anyone else talk. I get a headache trying to keep up with her & Ramona. The real friendships I see & who I would hang out with are Heather & Carole, I don't mind LuAnn either. At least they can have normal conversations. Aviva is NUTS. She's a hypocrite & never tells the story the way it happened. I don't get how these women's husbands put up with them & that it doesn't affect their businesses. I know my husband would tell me to knock it off. 

On a side note, I was surprised that Kristen said on WWHL that she had fake boobs because she's a pretty girl but I thought she needed a breast lift as they are very low but she paid for them? I wouldn't pay for that look.

• Love 1

I just want to give Ramona some kind of sedative to see if she acts normal. When her and Sonja get together they drive me crazy. Sonja on her own doesn't seem to get so hyper. Just the usual crazy.

Aviva lives in Avivaland. Only people who worship her can live there. Currently there are 3 other people who live there. Her current husband, her ex-husband and her father.

When her father first came on I didn't realize how crazy Aviva was. Now I see exactly where she gets it from.