Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Reunion

• Start Topic

I watched off and on throughout the season and wasn't terribly invested, but I did audibly gasp at Kathryn's "transformation." I realize she was formerly pregnant and gained some weight as a result, but I almost didn't recognize her. 

• Love 1

I liked Katherine in the reunion more than in the show. I found the reunion amusing and full of clever banter and enjoyed it, was a nice change from the shrill screeching and tears I am used to on reunion shows.

I gotta say I love Shep and his unapologetic deadbeatedness.

I agree Cheetosandchoc...such a nice change from the yelling and screaming and insults of other reunion shows.  It almost seemed like Andy was disappointed it break down into that.  Katherine's change was startling but no more so than any other ultra-skinny woman who has recently had a baby.  She not only looks softer, she acted softer too, if that makes sense.  This is the first reunion show I've seen in quite some time that I actually enjoyed.

"I get checks from funds."  I weep for our country.

So, if Jenna is so good with the die, why isn't she out there throwing dem bones?  I'd love to know why Lou dumped her.

I love how Cameran escapes all upbraiding for being an attention ho.  Why did she have any standing with them to begin with?  Yes, I know. Whitney brought her in. Any bets as to whether she retained that job, or remains a RE salesperson?   At least now I know how she got the Mercedes - sugar fiance.  She's long gone from Charleston from what I read.  

Whitney and Thomas are genuinely scary.  Their combination of intelligence, legacy, and resources affords them the ability to do one heck of a lot of iffy stuff.  I saw nothing from them that told me they would put their good fortunes to good works.  I hope I never have to deal with men like them.

I will say that they are correct in insisting that Charlestonians doth protest too much.  I am certain far, far, worse happens in those privileged circles.  

• Love 2
Whitney and Thomas are genuinely scary.  Their combination of intelligence, legacy, and resources affords them the ability to do one heck of a lot of iffy stuff.  I saw nothing from them that told me they would put their good fortunes to good works.  I hope I never have to deal with men like them.

I agree, they are scary.  I see nothing positive about them.  They're men who don't work and drink all day.  Interesting that Faux News never complains about them ruining American society, but I'm sure if their skin color were a little darker they'd be up in arms.

• Love 1

I'd love to know why Lou dumped her

My bet is on her asking him to marry her. Momma sure did like flying on that private plane, didn't she? Since Momma lives in a double-wide (and there is nothing wrong with that, I've lived in one) I bet she was pushing Jenna to marry Daddy Warbucks Lou.

I don't fault the guys, or anyone, from having money and being able to enjoy a leisurely live. Lord knows, if I could, I would. :)

• Love 1

My bet is on her asking him to marry her. Momma sure did like flying on that private plane, didn't she? Since Momma lives in a double-wide (and there is nothing wrong with that, I've lived in one) I bet she was pushing Jenna to marry Daddy Warbucks Lou.

I don't fault the guys, or anyone, from having money and being able to enjoy a leisurely live. Lord knows, if I could, I would. :)

Jenna was running around with that punk rock guy from Falling in Reverse, Ronnie Radke.  Maybe that's what broke them up.  Or Lou traded her in for another college girl. 

Right?  Every person that I know that plays the Lottery says if they win, they're going to quit their job.  Yet we take wealthy men to task for living a life of leisure when we all agree we would do the same thing.  And they have said that Thomas owns a successful business.  And Shep went to b-school.  I'm not sure what people think you do in b-school, but you only golf once a week-the rest of the time you're in group meetings, class, and studying your ass off.

• Love 2
(edited)

I found Kathryn to be a sullen, spoiled dullard the entire season. The reunion did little to change my opinion of her. I do wish Patricia had been able to film the reunion. Although I think she would be a terrifying snob in real life, I love her on this show. I can take or leave Thomas, but if he promises to talk more about the Beverage Cart Girl in front of Kathryn, then Whitney needs to move Heaven and Earth to sign him up for season two. I started watching this show purely to hate- watch but ended up genuinely liking it. Cameran, Shep, Craig, and Jenna seem to really like each other and that really came across in the reunion. I'm hoping for a second season.

Edited by Babyfoot
  • Love 1

Since there's no "previous seasons" topic, I just wanted to let everyone know that SEASON 1 is available through the Spectrum On Demand channel (via Bravo).  

Oh those early days when Patricia was at her drollest, T-Rav was at his most lecherous and Kathryn was just another Senate Barbie ... 

• Love 2