Type keyword(s) to search

The Grounder Gazette: the 100 in the Media

In2You

https://www.cbr.com/100-creator-breaks-down-series-message/

"The way a story ends is kind of the moral of the story; what that story means. I wanted to not have the show kind of, say, 'Yes, tribalism is bad and we're all going to kill each other and that's the end,'" Rothenberg told CBR. "I wanted there to be what's on the other side of that equation. If we don't get over our tribalism, and we don't realize we're all in this together, then we're doomed. If if we do realize it, put our weapons down and link arms and realize that this is all one crew that we live on this planet with, then we have a chance to evolve to whatever that next level of humanity is."

"The bittersweetness of it is that Clarke isn't allowed to transcend; Moses doesn't go into the Promised Land at the end of the story. And, in this case, she's not alone, because her friends -- knowing what she sacrificed for them and how many times she sacrificed herself for them -- chose to stay with her because they love her," Rothenberg observed. "And there's something obviously hopeful about that."

I read this one the night of the finale.  My opinion hasn't changed since.  Rothenberg is a dumbass is trying to pull some kind of moral narrative out of thin air because he vaguely heard someone say some platitude like this once.

Because he basically told this story

If you prove that you are docile enough to get along, a superior power will force you into the Borg collective.  Clarke got left behind because she was too dangerous to the Borg collective.  Her friends raised enough of a ruckus that she was left behind that they got ejected from the Borg collective. The moral of the story is that if all of the people not part of your tribe are wiped from existence then you and your friends can live happily ever after.

The 100 Full GalaxyCon Q&A
GalaxyCon   May 14, 2021

During GalaxyCon's panel for The 100 Jason Diaz "Levitt", Chelsey Reist "Harper McIntyre", Bob Morley "Bellamy Blake" and Tasya Teles "Echo" talk bloopers, childhood memories, and more!