Type keyword(s) to search

The Grounder Gazette: the 100 in the Media

In2You

(edited)

“Damocles – Part Two” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

SEASON FINALE PART TWO — In part two of the fifth season finale, Clarke (Eliza Taylor) and her friends must risk everything to fight one last battle for survival, only to glimpse an even darker threat to the last living valley on earth. Bob Morley, Paige Turco, Henry Ian Cusick, Marie Avgeropoulos, Lindsey Morgan, Richard Harmon, Chris Larkin and Tasya Teles also star. Dean White directed the episode written by Jason Rothenberg (#513).

Clarke has friends?

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1

TVLINE | Let’s start at the very last shot: “End of Book One”? Explain yourself.
As the season was unfolding, we didn’t know that we were going to get another season, which is a difficult position to be in. I assumed we would, but we hadn’t gotten an official order. So I had to write an ending that would be both satisfying as a series finale and would tee up the next adventure. That was my target, which I feel like we hit. Had that been the end of everything, it would have been a bummer not to explore what’s down [on that new planet], but it would have been emotionally satisfying the way Monty’s life passes before our eyes and Bellamy and Clarke weep during his final speech. Thematically, Monty’s speech summed up a lot of what we’ve been talking about for five seasons. As we move into this new world, I really wanted it to be a new book. The first volume is closed and now we get to tell an entirely new adventure with the people we’ve come to love. It’s going to be crazy and amazing and beautiful and very, very different.

The 100 Boss on Those Finale Deaths, How

There were so many betrayals and burned bridges in Season 5. Is this new planet going to represent sort of a second chance for all of these relationships moving forward?
Rothenberg: Yes, they're going to try to heed Monty's call for them to do better, to be the good guys. Clarke in particular, is going to internalize that and really try. But a lot of the Season 6 story, in the early going anyway, is about the fact that as hard as you want to escape your past, your sins, they come back. They come back to haunt you, and it's not easy. Just because they're on a new planet doesn't mean the things they've done don't follow them there. And so it'll be things that they're grappling with pretty far deep into the season. ... So ultimately, all those relationships are going to continue in one way or another. They're gonna be revisited. People are going to have to reexamine their priorities in light of the new situation. You're either Wonkru, or an enemy of Wonkru, but now there really is only one. These people are the refugees from Earth, and there are prisoners, and there's Wonkru, and there's people who were formerly Skaikru. Everybody is in the same boat, literally. And they're going to all encounter what's waiting for them on the ground together.

The 100 Boss Explains What Those Major Twists Mean for Season 6

The last shot has a card saying, “End of Book One.” We’ve never seen anything like that before — what did you mean by that?
It also could have said, “End of Planet One.” We have the opportunity to create a new world, literally in this case, and it’s a binary star system, so we’re gonna play with what that means in an interesting way. There’s definitely life on that planet. We can see that from space in the finale.

Battlestar Galactica is a huge influence of mine, and so is Interstellar, and I was also really influenced by the movie Annihilation, which I thought was great. It’s inspiring us. The idea is we can really do anything, because life takes endless forms and environmental threats can come from anywhere. Some of it is beautiful and some of it isn’t, just like on our planet.

Interesting! And what are you calling the planet?
I can’t tell you — that’s a spoiler for next season. But we are going in search of Eligius III, with the hope that Eligius III made it to this planet and populated it and were able to survive. We’ll join what is essentially the next outpost for humanity. The story for season 6 is in many ways about what happened to Eligius III and how we interact with what happened to Eligius III. Are there survivors? What are the threats in the woods? Are there woods here? Are there things that don’t exist on Earth? You better believe there are. We’re going to really lean into sci-fi world-building with this planet.

The 100 boss breaks down season 5 finale, why it was time to say goodbye to

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1

Welcome back, fans of The 100. Now that we've had a couple of days to process the Season 5 finale, we thought it was time to do a roundtable discussion and review of the season's final episode, as well as the season as a whole, and spend some time looking forward to what we can expect out of Season 6.

Season 5 was certainly a rollercoaster (although perhaps not in the way creator Jason Rothenberg intended), with outstanding acting, breakthrough characters, and a thrilling end mixed in with stagnant plot, too much telling over showing, and some decisions that left most of the audience scratching their heads.

Joining Truth Bee Told authors Sam, April, and Gina for this roundtable are special guests Yana (@yanawrites) of TV Fanatic, freelance writer Crystal (@wordyblerd), and previous guest contributor Rory (@revolutionarvie).  

The 100 Season 5 Roundtable Review

An actress who plays a post-apocalyptic juvenile delinquent on TV allegedly went nuclear on her BF in real life and got busted by cops.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Marie Avgeropoulos -- who stars as Octavia Blake on CW's hit sci-fi show, "The 100" -- was arrested in L.A. last week and booked for felony domestic violence.

We're told a man called police very early on August 5 from inside a car ... claiming his girlfriend had hit him during a verbal argument. Sources say when police arrived, the man had marks on his body ... so Marie was taken to jail.

'The 100' Star Marie Avgeropoulos Arrested for Felony DV ... Allegedly Attacked BF

• Love 1

Maybe we'll finally see some of those cities that have been in the intros for the last few years (yet were never shown on the show itself because they were on an entire other planet). </sarcasm>

I see the 'pause' and 'stop' icons in that mandala, where's the 'play' icon ?

Funny how this planet also looks like British Columbia -- mountains, pine trees.

Damn. I will say that this trailer caught my attention more than season 5's trailer. 

I told myself that I likely wouldn't watch season six because I was bored by the show and only invested in two and a half characters. Now, I might actually see what season six is all about.

If only because there was a good chunk of John Murphy that makes it seem like he might get an actual storyline this season. So that excites me. Also, JR Bourne's character actually seems intriguing at the moment. 

In an unexpected turn of events....unless they're all pranking the fandom, Bob and Eliza got married:

Jason Rothenberg congratulating them:

And Kim Shumway, who is a writer and new executive producer:

I was hesitant to post this UNTIL I saw some of their coworkers tweeting about it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I've started to hear the rumors about Bob and Eliza dating couple months ago. I actually didn't think it was anything out of ordinary when Eliza seemingly broke up with William Miller (it was earlier this year, late last year?), as none of her boyfriends tend to last longer than 6 months. But it went crazy when Bob and his gf broke up as well, and then Eliza is suddenly with an  engagement ring on her finger, and she and Bob are both in Australia doing shopping.

It's the weirdest and random plot twist The 100 had ever done. I still think it's a crazy trolling attempt, lol.

Edited by CooperTV
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, CooperTV said:

It's the weirdest and random plot twist The 100 had ever done. I still think it's a crazy trolling attempt, lol.

I thought it was too, but then they got everyone in on it, including Eliza's own mother, and I think reading Eliza's mother congratulating them got me finally believing.

So, congrats to them. I guess they're trying to remain as private as possible, maybe to respect the significant others they were with before getting married (William and Bob's ex gf Arryn respectively). I didn't realize Bob was dating Arryn as recently as February. 

• Love 1

I'd heard a couple of rumors, but they just sounded like typical unfounded fan spec - "oooh, look, they sat together at a con!" That sort of thing. So count me as a surprised fan, too.

Congrats to both, though! 

This also led me to scroll through Eliza Taylor's twitter feed and oooooooh, what a cute little dog.  (About five tweets down.) Now I'm wondering if the dog was at the wedding.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It looks like Eliza and Bob eloped in Hawaii. There's a company on Instagram that have the exact photo that Eliza posted. 

I now think they married like, last month.

CW Head Explains Why ‘The 100’ Is Ending
By Kayla Cobb   Aug 4, 2019 
https://decider.com/2019/08/04/the-100-ending-season-7/

During his executive session, Pedowitz explained the choice to end The 100 came from Rothenberg, not the network. “Jason Rothenberg has said to us a number of times — I just didn’t want to listen to him for a while — that he wanted to end after the seventh season,” Pedowitz said. “He did talk about other ideas he wanted to do and he thought this was the right way to go. We’re very good at listening to our showrunners and creators when it’s the right time to end the series.”

When asked about what other ideas Rothenberg wanted to pursue for The CW Pedowitz said, “I do know one of them, but I don’t want to discuss it now.”

On 8/4/2019 at 12:53 PM, CooperTV said:

I think season 7 being its last is to be expected. If s7 is 16 episodes, that means it's going to be 100 episodes total.

I can't believe how many people did the math on that one!  It never would have occurred to me to add up the number of episodes, but I love that they will end on Episode 100.

‘The 100’ Prequel Series From Jason Rothenberg In Works At The CW As Backdoor Pilot

The long-rumored prequel to post-apocalyptic drama The 100 is getting closer to reality. The CW has given a backdoor pilot production order to the project, from The 100 developer/executive producer/showrunner Jason Rothenberg. Written by Rothenberg, the potential prequel is being developed as a planted spinoff and will be introduced in an episode from the upcoming seventh and final season of The 100. 

The Untitled 100 Prequel is set 97 years before the events of the original series. It starts with the end of the world, a nuclear apocalypse that wipes out most of the human population on Earth, and follows a band of survivors on the ground as they learn to cope in a dangerous world while fighting to create a new and better society from the ashes of what came before.

“From The Ashes” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

SEASON PREMIERE – Clarke (Eliza Taylor) and her friends attempt to rebuild Sanctum as a new threat rises in the woods. Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropuolos, Lindsey Morgan, Richard Harmon, Tasya Teles, Shannon Kook, JR Bourne, Shelby Flannery and Chuku Modu also star. Ed Fraiman directed the episode written by Jason Rothenberg (#701). Original airdate 5/20/2020.

“The Garden” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

MYSTERIOUS PAST – Echo (Tasya Teles) and Gabriel (Chuku Modu) learn more about Hope (Shelby Flannery) and her mysterious past. Eliza Taylor, Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropuolos, Lindsey Morgan, Richard Harmon, Shannon Kook and JR Bourne also star. Dean White directed the episode written by Jeff Vlaming (#703). Original airdate 5/27/2020.

“False Gods” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

UNEXPECTED THREAT – As Raven (Lindsey Morgan) faces an unexpected threat, Clarke (Eliza Taylor) must keep the peace among opposing factions in Sanctum. Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropuolos, Richard Harmon, Tasya Teles, Shannon Kook, JR Bourne, Shelby Flannery and Chuku Modu also star. also star. Tim Scanlan directed the episode written by Kim Shumway (#702). Original airdate 6/3/2020.

“Hesperides” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

OUTSIDERS – Mysterious outsiders arrive with news of Clarke’s (Eliza Taylor) missing people. Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropuolos, Lindsey Morgan, Richard Harmon, Tasya Teles, Shannon Kook, JR Bourne, Shelby Flannery and Chuku Modu also star. Diana Valentine directed the episode written by Sean Crouch (#704). Original airdate 6/10/2020.

The 100 - Episode 7.01 - 7.04 - Press Releases

Edited by CooperTV
5 hours ago, CooperTV said:

I'm annoyed because they should already be done the final cut of the trailer and it should have been released earlier. They have the footage. They've had the time. They know that people are antsy for any sort of entertainment right now. They should have released a teaser, at the very least, in the last week. 

And since they are apparently still going through the cutting process, as this was just the LATEST cut and not the FINAL cut....at this rate, we won't get a trailer until the week of the premiere. 

All that aside, I just wanted a trailer earlier than three weeks before the premiere (if it comes out this week/end). What the HELL are they waiting for? 

26 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

All that aside, I just wanted a trailer earlier than three weeks before the premiere (if it comes out this week/end). What the HELL are they waiting for? 

Being allowed to go back to work?

Just now, kariyaki said:

Being allowed to go back to work?

They're all working remotely, though. If other shows are able to get their episodes edited and put on television from home, I'd think that The 100 can cut together a 2 minute trailer and get it put out. 

In The Dark got moved up an entire month and they got their trailers put out very quickly. 

I hope the trailer comes out today or tomorrow. I am just really, really impatient to see any sort of clips for the final season!

9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

They're all working remotely, though. If other shows are able to get their episodes edited and put on television from home, I'd think that The 100 can cut together a 2 minute trailer and get it put out. 

The show doesn’t do that, though, the network does. So maybe the CW hasn’t got their people able to work remotely or want them to come in or… whatever the reason may be.