Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

22 hours ago, Neptune said:

The X-Files - Episode 11.10 - My Struggle IV (Season Finale) - Press Release

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/02/the-x-files-episode-1110-my-struggle-iv.html

kersh

Multiple things legit terrify me about the description of that episode 1) WRITTEN And Directed by Chris Carter 2) SEASON finale instead of SERIES finale.

Gillian has repeatedly said she is done. I am for real not watching this show with Mulder and no Scully. If you split them up CHRIS I will figure out a way to put a hex on you.  They can't honestly think there is an audience for the show without BOTH of them. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, MissL said:

Multiple things legit terrify me about the description of that episode 1) WRITTEN And Directed by Chris Carter 2) SEASON finale instead of SERIES finale.

Gillian has repeatedly said she is done. I am for real not watching this show with Mulder and no Scully. If you split them up CHRIS I will figure out a way to put a hex on you.  They can't honestly think there is an audience for the show without BOTH of them. 

lots of returning guest stars.

what if chris splits them up during the episode like the season 10 finale?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MissL said:

Sooo much this. I'm BEYOND dreading it. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Neptune said:

lots of returning guest stars.

what if chris splits them up during the episode like the season 10 finale?

It’s an X-File rule that Mulder & Scully are split up 90% of the time in season finales. Mulder didn’t even get to see William being born so I’m not hopeful. Probably will read reviews before I watch.

This new trailer pretty much confirms the recent spoilers, the most shocking ones on Reddit, from the source who spilled the beans on Plus One way back in December.

You can find them on Twitter. If someone needs a link I'll post them.

But yeah... there are no words to describe some of the things that will almost certainly happen in the finale. Truly beyond words.

Even though I think of the revival as nothing but a joke, I still can't wrap my head around something from the finale spoilers. If true, just wow.

Is it allowed to post the link or just paste everything right into this thread?

41 minutes ago, EUROTRASH said:

This new trailer pretty much confirms the recent spoilers, the most shocking ones on Reddit, from the source who spilled the beans on Plus One way back in December.

Summary and/or links, please?

11 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I found them on Tumblr. Be extra sure you want to read them as it solidified my decision to bail on this show(especially the William/Scully spoiler-though also explains Anderson’s answer about her character’s ending. Just end this show...

Guess my ending will still be Season 9 ending with Mulder/Scully and a bed.

5 minutes ago, Tardislass said:

I found them on Tumblr. Be extra sure you want to read them

I do, but I don't use Tumblr (or Twitter), so I wouldn't know how to search.

8 minutes ago, Tardislass said:

I found them on Tumblr. Be extra sure you want to read them as it solidified my decision to bail on this show(especially the William/Scully spoiler-though also explains Anderson’s answer about her character’s ending. Just end this show...

Guess my ending will still be Season 9 ending with Mulder/Scully and a bed.

Oh man you are scaring me.... like really scaring me. It's likely unhealthy how invested I am in these characters. I don't know how to search Tumblr either. 

56 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Because the spoilers are pretty shocking, it is perhaps best to spread them through private messages or something. I'm assuming Tardislass already sent you the link?

Anyway, after you read the spoilers, and then watch the trailer, and analyze certain shots in the trailer, you will see that there is a very high chance they are accurate.

The source who provided the spoilers is a person who revealed very specific details to "Plus One" all the way back in December when we didn't know anything. They also posted these finale spoilers before the trailer was released, not after. They also deleted almost everything they posted later, but people were able to retrieve it through "removeddit".

It would be cool if a moderator could say whether it'd be OK to just post all the spoilers right in this thread.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, EUROTRASH said:

Because the spoilers are pretty shocking, it is perhaps best to spread them through private messages or something.

Well, this is the spoiler thread; good, bad, shocking, whatever - it's for posting and discussing the spoilers that are out there.

Edited by Bastet
Just now, Bastet said:

Well, this is the spoiler thread; good, bad, shocking, whatever - it's for sharing the spoilers that are out there.

Alright, here we go:

- Skinner gets killed by CSM, run over with a car.

- Reyes gets killed by William, he makes her head explode.

- Several bad guys die by William making their heads explode.

- Erika Price gets shot in the head and dies.

- Mr. Y gets shot in the head and dies.

- The episode ends like this: It appears that Mulder gets shot, but it's actually William manipulating reality. Mulder and Scully believe William is dead, but then we see him pop out of the river with a bullet in his head, alive. The thing is, they don't know that, and that's how it ends. And Scully herself never actually gets to meet him nor speak to him in the episode.

Now go watch the trailer carefully, and pay attention to certain shots by hitting pause and here and there.

Oh. These are not awesome  but not as bad as I thought, my biggest fear was that Scully would go on the run with William and for some reason Mulder would have to stay behind and CC would end it with them split. This I could not handle.  Skinner would break my heart but I was never as up in arms about Monica as everyone else. Her character change makes no sense but I'm not as invested. This sounds nonsensical but I could live with it I guess?  My expectations are low for a CC ep and I may just have to pretend it never happened like I do any Aliens movie after the second one. 

I never saw Monica during the original run, so I don't care what they do with her.  Or with Diana Fowley II (Erika Price).  Or anyone else listed other than Skinner, and while I'm not happy about him dying - and certainly not happy about him being run over by CSM, whose existence in the revival will never stop bugging me since he was a flaming skeleton when the series ended - this is XF, so I figure there has to be a big death in the end, and better Skinner than Mulder or Scully.

While I have no shits to give about William, leaving Mulder and Scully thinking he's dead when we know he's not is just too cruel a mind fuck.  But that leaves the possibility they can find out in the future.  And according to the spoiler person, William is indeed Mulder's son.

What bugs me most is what I saw in the Hollywood Reporter article: "Mulder and Scully get forcibly separated."  But the writer goes on to say: "(It's notable that this finale does appear to have more of Mulder/Scully together than the season ten finale, which saw them share just the final scene.)"  I hope so, because Mulder and William (and CSM) seem to be the ones knocking everyone off in the finale, so what the hell is Scully doing?  Separated and sidelined yet again?  I'm so sick of it.

The Tumblr page I was sent a link to also revealed that CSM dies (Mulder shoots him) in the finale.  But you know if CC brings this damn show back, CSM will once again magically survive.

It all sounds like ass, but it's a CC-penned My Struggle installment, and a finale -- isn't it inevitably going to suck?  Now if it winds up being not as bad as it sounds, it'll be a pleasant surprise.  The person who posted the spoilers said:  "I’ve seen all of the episodes, the last episodes wraps a lot of stuff up and also leaves a bunch open. Satisfying and frustrating at the same time. Go in with tempered expectations and you’ll enjoy it, but don’t expect a great finale to the show."

My expectations couldn't be lower, so I may wind up walking away relieved.

• Love 1

Much as I don't want Skinner to die, I find that the episode I'm really worrying about is the next-to-last one, "Nothing Lasts Forever."  It looks from the promo like Mulder and Scully are either going to get back together in this one or break up for good, and I don't think I can handle them breaking up just before Gillian Anderson leaves the show. The clips make it look like they could be getting back together, but the title of the episode has me very worried.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Mama No Life said:

I'm finding comfort in all the deaths, to be honest, because I'm hoping that means this is really the series finale.  I hated this show when Mulder left and I'll hate it without Scully too.

Seriously! If all those people die and Scully leaves? It'll basically be Mulder all by himself, because they'll have killed off virtually every person he's ever spoken to in his life. That doesn't seem like a practical plan for continuing the show, so hopefully they won't even try.

• Love 2

If said spoilers are true... then screw this. Reyes turning heel for me is the last straw. It doesn't remotely fit her character at all and she isn't owed the kind of end the spoilers suggest. As for the rest of the spoilers, heck no to the Skinner one too. The rest don't bug me that much.

As for further ones episode wise, couldn't care less at this point.

2 hours ago, Sharna Pax said:

Seriously! If all those people die and Scully leaves? It'll basically be Mulder all by himself, because they'll have killed off virtually every person he's ever spoken to in his life. That doesn't seem like a practical plan for continuing the show, so hopefully they won't even try.

Exactly. It sounds like a terrible one. I hope that they don't go this route either.

2 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

I'm finding comfort in all the deaths, to be honest, because I'm hoping that means this is really the series finale.  I hated this show when Mulder left and I'll hate it without Scully too.

Same here.  At least back then there was good writing, now there's not even that.

5 hours ago, Sharna Pax said:

Much as I don't want Skinner to die, I find that the episode I'm really worrying about is the next-to-last one, "Nothing Lasts Forever."  It looks from the promo like Mulder and Scully are either going to get back together in this one or break up for good, and I don't think I can handle them breaking up just before Gillian Anderson leaves the show. The clips make it look like they could be getting back together, but the title of the episode has me very worried.

Yea that bugged me as well. But the previous clip they released seemed very negative. This one seems unsure. TheTvMouse seemed to like it ok, so that's promising. 

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
  • Love 1

My biggest beef is that if GA starts needing money and agrees to another movie or episode, instead of endless weeping about the adoption, it’ll be more weeping about the kid’s death. Depressed M&S no es bueno. But given the number of times the Mulder clan has “died”, M&S should be skeptical...but they won’t. As for Reyes, I’m fanwanking she’s a super soldier because the real Reyes saved Scully numerous times.

The more I think of the spoilers the more I LOL. Jackson being able to make people’s head explode-really Chris?! Cast members being taken out Godfather style...As for hoping this will be the last of the show-if CC can squeeze more cash out of it-I fear more.

But RIP Skinman.

The more I think about the spoilers the more I get upset. Opposite of laughing. This is such a joke. A VERY bad one. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I don't think that'll be happening. She honestly seemed over it. Can't say I blame her either. The show has devolved into something that I'd rather forget.

I had to break down finally and come in here. Those spoilers are shit.

55 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

I don't think that'll be happening. She honestly seemed over it. Can't say I blame her either. The show has devolved into something that I'd rather forget.

I don't blame her for being over it. I'm over it. Skinner dies? Well I expect Mulder and Scully will barely care since they didn't seem to care much when he was missing. If they don't care then why should I?

The flaming skull doesn't get killed? Fuck that, he should have been dead for the past 15 years as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad now that John Doggett/Robert Patrick wasn't anywhere near this flaming pile of dog doo.

It's telling that I've seen no reason to re-watch any episode this season except the William one. There was some fine acting in that one.

• Love 1
On 3/9/2018 at 5:43 PM, Sharna Pax said:

Hopefully the thing that doesn’t last forever is CC’s coyness, denial, & inconsistency about M & S’s relationship.  But I doubt it. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

TheTvMouse seemed to like it ok, so that's promising. 

I didn't know who the TvMouse was, so I googled her and promptly fell down a rabbit hole of all her X-Files posts. She seems to be the world's biggest shipper, so I can't imagine her liking an episode where they break up. Now I'm mostly worried they'll tease us with a resolution but just give us more ambiguity.

21 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Reyes turning heel for me is the last straw. It doesn't remotely fit her character at all and she isn't owed the kind of end the spoilers suggest.

It doesn't make me like William much, either, if he's the one who kills her. Didn't she basically deliver him? I don't care how much of a traitor she is, this is the woman who sang whale songs while he was being born!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sharna Pax said:

I didn't know who the TvMouse was, so I googled her and promptly fell down a rabbit hole of all her X-Files posts. She seems to be the world's biggest shipper, so I can't imagine her liking an episode where they break up. Now I'm mostly worried they'll tease us with a resolution but just give us more ambiguity.

It doesn't make me like William much, either, if he's the one who kills her. Didn't she basically deliver him? I don't care how much of a traitor she is, this is the woman who sang whale songs while he was being born!

Yea she is. Kind of disagreed with her on Plus One though. So I hope it won't be the case with this week's ep. The acting was far better in the promo than what I saw in Familiar so I view it as somewhat of a plus.

Agreed. I didn't like the curve ball we were thrown in regards to him in Ghouli. It made me cringe. Yes she did. Exactly. It makes me think how little CC thinks of the characters past them being pawns to be used in plots. It's so sad to see.

6 hours ago, festivus said:

I had to break down finally and come in here. Those spoilers are shit.

I don't blame her for being over it. I'm over it. Skinner dies? Well I expect Mulder and Scully will barely care since they didn't seem to care much when he was missing. If they don't care then why should I?

The flaming skull doesn't get killed? Fuck that, he should have been dead for the past 15 years as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad now that John Doggett/Robert Patrick wasn't anywhere near this flaming pile of dog doo.

It's telling that I've seen no reason to re-watch any episode this season except the William one. There was some fine acting in that one.

Word. I am too. This show has crashed and burned as far as I'm concerned. They had more than their share of chances to go out with some class and dignity and instead we're left with a mess. And plenty of excuses to accept as it is. Granted I can see where they're coming from, but still it shows just how ingrained they are in regards to the lack of a proper writers' room and a show bible.

He gets shot by Mulder supposedly.

Agreed.

Dang. I liked more than my share this season. This, Ghouli, Forehead Sweat and Kitten. Hate MS III and Plus One (minus any flirting and shirtless Mulder). Not too fond of Followers and Familiar.

Edited by AntiBeeSpray

Notice that the spoilers don't mention what happens to Scully. Lets just say, it sorta completes the journey and ends Scully's personal story fwiw and mimics Mulder's at Requiem.

For Mulder, the mytharc is reborn. The old is gone and the old has returned at the same time. Things are clearer now. My guess if CC/DD can turn another season out of this, it will be heavily driven mytharc heavy mini-series. Not the X-files, but sorta of a post-Xfiles with Mulder and his son battling the plague. I would love to get Patrick back for this phase, it would be interesting.

27 minutes ago, Folk said:

Notice that the spoilers don't mention what happens to Scully. Lets just say, it sorta completes the journey and ends Scully's personal story fwiw and mimics Mulder's at Requiem.

So what happens to her?  Because the spoilers all being about men - Mulder, William, Skinner, CSM - running around killing people bothers me, and I'd like to know what Scully is doing in all this.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Folk said:

For Mulder, the mytharc is reborn. The old is gone and the old has returned at the same time. Things are clearer now. My guess if CC/DD can turn another season out of this, it will be heavily driven mytharc heavy mini-series. Not the X-files, but sorta of a post-Xfiles with Mulder and his son battling the plague. I would love to get Patrick back for this phase, it would be interesting.

Could be. 

At this point though, I don't give a damn about what happens out of it and I won't bother with it. The writing was still good when it was just Scully. Now there's not even that. So no impetus for me to even try to continue to watch. I think it's time for the show to end.

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
  • Love 1

So evidently DD says the finale is the mother of all cliffhangers...sigh. As it looks that all the spoilers are correct-with the exception of Williams father being confirmed, I don’t see how Mulder can be showcased on his own. And don’t get me started about the kid. From the previews it looks like Mulder goes alone to find their son, so what is Scully doing? And would she really not want to go to help save him? I’m getting the bad feeling that the end will leave M&S separated with some BS excuse... 

But thanks to all who’ve contributed here. It’s finally the end of the road.