Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

If we really do get a Jacqen scene then I hope we get to see Arya and him kick ass together. It would be funny if Cersei hires a FM to kill someone in team Dany/Jon, but when Jacqen shows up he can’t bring himself to kill a girl or her family. Then J/A team up to kill Cersei and her goons.

I just don’t want to see Jacqen trying to kill Arya, I would seriously cry.

Just now, bubble sparkly said:

If we really do get a Jacqen scene then I hope we get to see Arya and him kick ass together. It would be funny if Cersei hires a FM to kill someone in team Dany/Jon, but when Jacqen shows up he can’t bring himself to kill a girl or her family. Then J/A team up to kill Cersei and her goons.

I just don’t want to see Jacqen trying to kill Arya, I would seriously cry.

He's not really Jaquen. 

The guy that Arya found in season 2 may be a completely different character to the ones wearing Jaquen's face.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

cannot even come up with a scenario to explain why Jaqen or any of the Faceless Men would be at King's Landing. Who would waste money to hire an assassin to into a war to kill someone when the odds are good that the person would be killed in the war? Maybe Jaqen left the FM to go help Arya, but why? 

Maybe we are looking at it wrong. Maybe no one hired them them as assassins. I’ve wondered since the beginning what Jaqen was doing in KL to begin with, and how someone with his skills managed to even get captured with those 2 idiots. I think he was there for a reason, and i think he mentored Arya for a reason. It would certainly explain the Waifs irritational jealously and why Arya was able to just walk away at the end of season 6. I think he’s had a hand in her destiny since the beginning when she was on the run and I’ve wondered who told him to do all this. Just a  theory of mine that I’ve heard many other people share as well. So it doesn’t surprise me that he makes an appearance at the end.

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Maybe we are looking at it wrong. Maybe no one hired them them as assassins. I’ve wondered since the beginning what Jaqen was doing in KL to begin with, and how someone with his skills managed to even get captured with those 2 idiots. I think he was there for a reason, and i think he mentored Arya for a reason. It would certainly explain the Waifs irritational jealously and why Arya was able to just walk away at the end of season 6. I think he’s had a hand in her destiny since the beginning when she was on the run and I’ve wondered who told him to do all this. Just a  theory of mine that I’ve heard many other people share as well. So it doesn’t surprise me that he makes an appearance at the end.

You're not going to get any reason on the show why Jaquen was in KL because it's likely an explanation that only makes sense from the position of the books.

(edited)
22 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

You're not going to get any reason on the show why Jaquen was in KL because it's likely an explanation that only makes sense from the position of the books.

Yeah that’s where I’m coming at with my theory ?. Maybe I’m hoping the show would go down that path . I just feel like even with what we have seen on the show with Jaqen and the FM my theory still makes sense though. But it’s all speculation.

Edited by GraceK
(edited)
7 hours ago, WindyNights said:

The Iron Islands are officially separate from Westeros. Daenerys gave them their independence therefore they don't need to to be there for a Great Council deciding who should rule them.

So in the future it's going to be just King/Queen of the 6 Kingdoms with the Iron Islands off to the side by themselves? Why would not everyone else ask for the same deal? I would think it's the same deal for all kingdoms.

Either we get a fledgling democracy or all independent kingdoms or 7 kingdoms under one ruler at the end of the series.  And the Iron Islands would be part of that.

Either way there would be Iron Islands representative in a Great Council if they are discussing the future of Westeros.

Edited by anamika
21 minutes ago, anamika said:

So from the future it's going to be just King/Queen of the 6 Kingdoms with the Iron Islands off to the side by themselves? Why would not everyone else ask for the same deal? I would think it's the same deal for all kingdoms.

Either we get a fledgling democracy or all independent kingdoms or 7 kingdoms under one ruler at the end of the series.  And the Iron Islands would be part of that.

Either way there would be Iron Islands representative in a Great Council if they are discussing the future of Westeros.

It's certainly inconsistent with Dany's attitude toward the other kingdoms, but that is undeniably the deal that Dany made with Yara at the end of Season 6.

If the Great Council were called in respect of the future of the realm, then the Iron Islands wouldn't be there, as they wouldn't be part of the realm.  They'd have no business being involved in the choosing of a new king or in advising Jon/Dany on what's to happen next.

If at the end of 8 seasons we end up with Jaime, Tyrion and freakin SANSA that does it. That is not bittersweet, that is a giant middle finger to the audience. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, SeanC said:

It's certainly inconsistent with Dany's attitude toward the other kingdoms, but that is undeniably the deal that Dany made with Yara at the end of Season 6.

If the Great Council were called in respect of the future of the realm, then the Iron Islands wouldn't be there, as they wouldn't be part of the realm.  They'd have no business being involved in the choosing of a new king or in advising Jon/Dany on what's to happen next.

Again, this deal could change because, as I mentioned above, I don't think the series is going to end with king/queen of the 6 kingdoms with the Iron Islands off to the side doing their own thing. Either all kingdoms get their independence or they all become part of the 7K.

And the Iron Islands is still in Westeros and would have to deal with the rest of the 6K, right? They are still part of the realm. Which means they would be at a great council even if they don't get a vote on who becomes king/Queen.

1 hour ago, GraceK said:

If at the end of 8 seasons we end up with Jaime, Tyrion and freakin SANSA that does it. That is not bittersweet, that is a giant middle finger to the audience. 

LOL!

Tyrion, Sansa with the FM bunch and stunt doubles is interesting. If there really is a stunt double for Sophie,  she must be excited to do some fighting on GOT finally. She has been cribbing about that for a while now.

I like that the FM has a plot with Arya. She spend two seasons with them. So at least there's some purpose to all that time spend there. The Waif is definitely a face getting used. Maybe it's Arya vs Tyrion! - I think the Arya-Tyrion relationship will be interesting to watch next season. I have a feeling these two are not going to get along.

Edited by anamika
14 minutes ago, anamika said:

And the Iron Islands is still in Westeros and would have to deal with the rest of the 6K, right? They are still part of the realm. Which means they would be at a great council even if they don't get a vote on who becomes king/Queen.

The Dornish were never present at Great Councils held prior to their joining the Targaryen monarchy.

(edited)
5 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I cannot even come up with a scenario to explain why Jaqen or any of the Faceless Men would be at King's Landing. Who would waste money to hire an assassin to go into a war to kill someone when the odds are good that the person would be killed in the war? Maybe Jaqen left the FM to go help Arya, but why? 

Considering Cersei, Tyrion and other key characters have obstinately survived scenarios that odds-on should have killed them long ago, and the Faceless Men are both affiliated with magic AND able businessmen, they are likely to be much more well informed than your average murderous mafia about an oncoming apocalypse and more interested in averting it if possible (bad for business, you know). If that means helping kill an apocalypse aider like, say, Cersei - I could see Jaqen plausibly explain that when he reappears.

Edited by screamin
4 minutes ago, SeanC said:

The Dornish were never present at Great Councils held prior to their joining the Targaryen monarchy.

Did Dorne have specific rules they had to adhere to and a special arrangement with the Targaryens prior to joining the monarchy?

Even while making the deal with Yara, Dany demands that Yara respect the integrity of the 7 kingdoms and support Dany's claim as Queen of the 7K. The 7 Kingdoms - which implies that she still considers the Iron Islands to be under her. Why then would they not be in a great council?

28 minutes ago, anamika said:

Did Dorne have specific rules they had to adhere to and a special arrangement with the Targaryens prior to joining the monarchy?

Even while making the deal with Yara, Dany demands that Yara respect the integrity of the 7 kingdoms and support Dany's claim as Queen of the 7K. The 7 Kingdoms - which implies that she still considers the Iron Islands to be under her. Why then would they not be in a great council?

I'd imagine the name is because that's what they've always called it.  They specifically negotiate Ironborn independence.  Demanding that they respect and support Dany's rule doesn't imply anything beyond alliance.

(edited)
2 hours ago, SeanC said:

I'd imagine the name is because that's what they've always called it.  They specifically negotiate Ironborn independence.  Demanding that they respect and support Dany's rule doesn't imply anything beyond alliance.

They have always called it that because the Monarch ruled 7 kingdoms. Not because that's what it's always called. Dany cannot call herself Queen of the 7K if there are only 6. In any case, Dany's demand in return for their alliance is that they support her as queen of the 7K and support the integrity of the 7K. In which case, if there is a great council deciding who should be ruler of the 7K,  they should be there affirming their support for her. That was the deal.

If Dany is dead, then the new ruler does not have to honor Dany's deal.

Either way, I expect them to be there as part of the realm and 7K of Westeros.

Edited by anamika

I don't quite buy the speculation about why Jaquen would be at King's Landing, but alright.  Does anyone have an explanation for the Night King's presence at King's Landing? I find this even more perplexing.

58 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if they ignore the iron born independence stuff next season. Theon pretty much acted like Dany was his Queen in s7 from what I can remember.

Yeah. That whole deal seems as transient as the show splitting KITN and Lord/Lady of Winterfell for plot purposes and because it's not going to last. I am assuming the Ironborn deal on the show is some version of a deal Dany makes with Victarion, who intends to marry her in the books.  Anyways, I expect the Greyjoys to be present for any final discussion about the 7K.

11 hours ago, anamika said:

So in the future it's going to be just King/Queen of the 6 Kingdoms with the Iron Islands off to the side by themselves? Why would not everyone else ask for the same deal? I would think it's the same deal for all kingdoms.

The Iron Islands aren't really one of the 7 kingdoms, those are the North, The Vale, the Westerlands, The Stormlands, Dorne, The Reach and The Riverlands. The latter was one kingdom together with the Iron Islands at the time of the conquest. If the Iron Islands really split off, the Riverlands would be the 7th kingdom on its own, I suppose.

I don't see a fledgling democracy happening in ASOIAF. They aren't near ready for that, and I doubt Martin is the writer to gloss over that.

9 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I don't quite buy the speculation about why Jaquen would be at King's Landing, but alright.  Does anyone have an explanation for the Night King's presence at King's Landing? I find this even more perplexing.

All I think we can say is that the “random” actors who showed up in Seville like Lino and Faye are not random: they’re there to film.

It’s not crazy to think that Cersei took out a hit on Sansa and/or Tyrion using the FM, which might explain why Jaqen and the Waif would be sharing a scene with Sansa and Tyrion that may involve stunts. One would think that if Cersei did so that Sansa and Tyrion would be dead long before they made it to KL, though.

Going back over known filming times over the past few months, it looks like there are a few pairings where actors are usually filming during the same week: Gwen/NCW and Kit/Maisie. So at the very least there should be a fair amount of Jaime/Brienne and Jon/Arya quality time.

• Love 1
(edited)

Another possibility of why Jaqen would be there could also involve Arya’s endgame. It’s possible that after the Great War, she becomes a FM after all and leaves with Jaqen. She could leave Westeros all together 

Edited by GraceK
3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

All I think we can say is that the “random” actors who showed up in Seville like Lino and Faye are not random: they’re there to film.

But what is the Night King filming? This is my quandary. Maybe he is in the running to be the king of what remains of the Seven Kingdom. Are they sure that the actor playing the Night King is there? The only thing I can come up with is that he is in Bran's vision or a flashback.

(edited)
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

But what is the Night King filming? This is my quandary. Maybe he is in the running to be the king of what remains of the Seven Kingdom. Are they sure that the actor playing the Night King is there? The only thing I can come up with is that he is in Bran's vision or a flashback.

He's definitely there (he went to the soccer match). On the one hand, Vladimir Furdik did stunts on the show before he started playing the NK. On the other hand, only actors were invited to the soccer match, so he's likely there in his capacity as the guy playing the NK. Where that fits in with everyone else present--especially with Kit and Emilia AWOL--I have no idea. If the NK is having scenes in KL in 8x05 or 8x06 with the characters whose actors are in Seville, perhaps those characters aren't safe after all. On the other hand, they aren't going to be in Seville nearly long enough to shoot the kind of complex action scenes the NK usually gets.

As @SeanC pointed out upthread, Bran's 3ER visions in the show over the past several seasons have been literal, not symbolic, so if the NK is showing up in a vision, it's only depicting something that is currently happening or will happen. 

ETA: Thronesnews posted a pic on IG of NCW in a car leaving the hotel and has claimed NCW has left Seville. Thronesnews also posted a pic of Isaac returning to the hotel yesterday and claimed that Isaac, Sophie, Maisie and Gwen had been filming yesterday, although I don't know if they have inside information or not. (/BoatsexBaby on /Freefolk said that Peter and Sophie were filming yesterday.)

So I guess NCW was a decoy after all...? He was seen sightseeing yesterday with Conleth Hill, whom I suppose is another possible decoy.

Edited by Eyes High
13 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

He's definitely there (he went to the soccer match). On the one hand, Vladimir Furdik did stunts on the show before he started playing the NK. On the other hand, only actors were invited to the soccer match, so he's likely there in his capacity as the guy playing the NK. Where that fits in with everyone else present--especially with Kit and Emilia AWOL--I have no idea. If the NK is having scenes in KL in 8x05 or 8x06 with the characters whose actors are in Seville, perhaps those characters aren't safe after all. On the other hand, they aren't going to be in Seville nearly long enough to shoot the kind of complex action scenes the NK usually gets.

The only scenario I can come up with is that the NK has destroyed Winterfell, razed the North, and chased everyone south causing them to flee to King's Landing to make a last stand. He could be filming close ups at King's Landing, but where is his army? I suppose it could be added with CGI later. It would explain why Jon, Dany, and their armies are not in these scenes. They would be filming the outdoor scenes, but none of this explains why these characters are at Dragonpit.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

I think this whole talk of decoys and trolling is just grasping at threads. Nik left earlier for the Cannes film festival , it doesn't mean he has not done any  filming.  http://deadline.com/2018/05/nikolaj-coster-waldau-the-silencing-movie-cast-cannes-1202384413/

When was NCW supposed to be filming, though? He wasn't filming yesterday, and he has apparently already left. And if he's just taking off for the weekend and will be back on Monday, why show up early in Seville at all when he won't be filming until Monday? Usually on GOT when the actors show up on day X, it's because they'll be filming on day X+1.

I hope Thronesnews is right about Isaac, Maisie and Sophie filming together. Yay Starklings!

ETA: Aaaaaand he's in Cannes.

Edited by Eyes High
3 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

When was he supposed to be filming, though? He wasn't filming yesterday, and he has apparently already left. 

I'm not certain if he didn't film yesterday, though it is possible he hasn't. Also, Cannes is not a massive distance from Seville. I wouldn't rule him out of returning after he is no longer needed at the film festival. It is also possible he arrived now for pre-shooting stuff, as opposed to just trolling.   

If he didn't have to appear at the Cannes film festival, I'd be more doubtful of his filming there. But the fact he has an actual engagement and isn't going straight home makes me believe he may very well have filming to do in Seville, and Cannes is just a detour. 

(edited)
5 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

I'm not certain if he didn't film yesterday, though it is possible he hasn't. Also, Cannes is not a massive distance from Seville. I wouldn't rule him out of returning after he is no longer needed at the film festival. It is also possible he arrived now for pre-shooting stuff, as opposed to just trolling.   

If he didn't have to appear at the Cannes film festival, I'd be more doubtful of his filming there. But the fact he has an actual engagement and isn't going straight home makes me believe he may very well have filming to do in Seville, and Cannes is just a detour. 

Couldn't it be the other way around, and that Seville was just a detour before Cannes?

NCW was spotted spending time in the morning with Conleth, and again by himself in the afternoon. Evening filming is possible, I suppose, but he sure wasn't filming during the day (and it sounds as if other cast members were). He wouldn't have had time to roll up to the set and just start filming. He would have had to spend the whole day there, as other cast members seem to have done.

Tom and Joe (Jaqen and Gendry) took pics with fans last night, so at least those actors definitely weren't filming then, at least.

Edited by Eyes High

We will have to wait and see if he returns to Seville. Fingers crossed he does. I want Jaime alive as long as possible with as many scenes with Brienne as we can get. 

I won't lie, I am also rather excited that Kit and Emilia have not been sighted there at all. Partly because although I don't hate their characters, but I don't feel anything else for them either. Mostly the thought of them not being involved in whatever is happening in King's Landing intrigues me, because all speculation of a show down in King's Landing has been surrounding Cersei, Jon and Daenerys. I would be delighted to think it would be something totally unexpected, and the story takes a vastly different turn than the one that everyone has been predicting.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, anamika said:

They have always called it that because the Monarch ruled 7 kingdoms. Not because that's what it's always called. Dany cannot call herself Queen of the 7K if there are only 6. In any case, Dany's demand in return for their alliance is that they support her as queen of the 7K and support the integrity of the 7K. In which case, if there is a great council deciding who should be ruler of the 7K,  they should be there affirming their support for her. That was the deal.

If Dany is dead, then the new ruler does not have to honor Dany's deal.

Either way, I expect them to be there as part of the realm and 7K of Westeros.

The Iron Islands and Riverlands were one kingdom and are the 7th kingdom. If the Iron Islands goes off then the 7th Kingdom will still be there just slightly smaller.

I doubt the new ruler will go back on their deal with the Iron Islands considering the support they gave Daenerys.

And so the Greyjoys don't have to be there because they don't get to vote who rules another kingdom. 

But yeah, this is D & D so either it's going to end with the Iron Islands as independent or D & D don't care enough about the Iron Islands to make it come to GRRM's endgame just like how they left Dorne in limbo/in a civil war.

(edited)
24 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

We will have to wait and see if he returns to Seville. Fingers crossed he does. I want Jaime alive as long as possible with as many scenes with Brienne as we can get. 

I won't lie, I am also rather excited that Kit and Emilia have not been sighted there at all. Partly because although I don't hate their characters, but I don't feel anything else for them either. Mostly the thought of them not being involved in whatever is happening in King's Landing intrigues me, because all speculation of a show down in King's Landing has been surrounding Cersei, Jon and Daenerys. I would be delighted to think it would be something totally unexpected, and the story takes a vastly different turn than the one that everyone has been predicting.

Assuming we're looking at two or even three scenes, it's still a pretty strange assortment of people with some very strange absences:

1. Arya and Davos minus Jon. (Particularly since we know that Liam and Maisie were filming KL scenes with Kit earlier.)

2. Tyrion and Varys (assuming Conleth is filming) minus not only Dany but also the rest of Team Dany (Jorah, Missandei, Grey Worm, etc.).

3. Brienne minus Pod.

4. Tyrion and Jaime (assuming Jaime's there) minus Bronn.

5. Stark sisters minus Sandor.

6. Sam minus Gilly.

We know that Kit is probably filming scenes with smallfolk and mercenaries in Belfast, so it's possible that the characters who are absent from the Dragonpit (Bronn, e.g.) are with Jon doing whatever it is he's doing, but of necessity those scenes being filmed this week in Seville and Belfast must happen in different episodes because they must have different directors.

Also, we can probably add a few characters to the death list based on which actors are currently filming something else: Gemma (I think), Alfie (I think), Kristofer, Iain, and Daniel Portman. That doesn't leave a lot of actors to be filming with Kit in Belfast right now. Jerome Flynn (Bronn), maybe?

...And then you have Jaqen, the Waif and Robin, and who knows how they're supposed to fit into all this? 

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

We know that Kit is probably filming scenes with smallfolk and mercenaries in Belfast, so it's possible that the characters who are absent from the Dragonpit (Bronn, e.g.) are with Jon doing whatever it is he's doing, but of necessity those scenes being filmed this week in Seville and Belfast must happen in different episodes because they must have different directors.

That doesn't leave a lot of actors to be filming with Kit in Belfast right now. Jerome Flynn (Bronn), maybe?

The Hound? Grey worm? 

I'm guessing Kit might be filming episode 4 or 5. We know that Jon is in KL with Cersei in a Nutter episode. It can't be episode 1 and I hope is not episode 2. 

54 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Assuming we're looking at two or even three scenes, it's still a pretty strange assortment of people with some very strange absences:

1. Arya and Davos minus Jon. (Particularly since we know that Liam and Maisie were filming KL scenes with Kit earlier.)

2. Tyrion and Varys (assuming Conleth is filming) minus not only Dany but also the rest of Team Dany (Jorah, Missandei, Grey Worm, etc.).

3. Brienne minus Pod.

6. Sam minus Gilly.

Also, we can probably add a few characters to the death list based on which actors are currently filming something else: Gemma (I think), Alfie (I think), Kristofer, Iain, and Daniel Portman. That doesn't leave a lot of actors to be filming with Kit in Belfast right now. Jerome Flynn (Bronn), maybe?

...And then you have Jaqen, the Waif and Robin, and who knows how they're supposed to fit into all this? 

True, lots of interesting meeting ups. Which is why I am glad it is unlikely to be trolling, I've always appreciated Game of Thrones for doing the unexpected.

R.E Nik going to Cannes, there is also that they are probably not filming on the weekend, so Nik leaving indicates very little. It all depends on whether or not he is going to return.

37 minutes ago, Edith said:

The Hound? Grey worm? 

I'm guessing Kit might be filming episode 4 or 5. We know that Jon is in KL with Cersei in a Nutter episode. It can't be episode 1 and I hope is not episode 2. 

I did think of Rory, Grey Worm I'm less sure about, since I think we would have heard about Unsullied being involved in these smallfolk/mercenaries scenes. My guess in 8x04, since I doubt Jon will be back in KL anytime soon with the attack on Winterfell happening early in the season (and all the attendant Bran revelation drama).

6 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

True, lots of interesting meeting ups. Which is why I am glad it is unlikely to be trolling, I've always appreciated Game of Thrones for doing the unexpected.

R.E Nik going to Cannes, there is also that they are probably not filming on the weekend, so Nik leaving indicates very little. It all depends on whether or not he is going to return.

I think Sapochnik's in Spain for 8x05 filming, so it's probably 8x04, although given that the Jon/Cersei scene filmed in Dubrovnik supposedly takes place in 8x04--as well as Jaime and Brienne fighting the AOTD--I have a lot of questions about the timing of events here.

1 hour ago, whateverdgaf said:

I'm in the same boat.  I don't hate Jon or Dany but I also am not as invested in their characters.  I actually think a totally unexpected, unpredictable and interesting outcome for me is if there isn't a Targ restoration. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

3. Brienne minus Pod.

6. Sam minus Gilly.

With the exception of the NK, Jaquen, and the Waif, it makes some sense that these regular characters would be together taking refuge in King's Landing. Brienne, Jaime, and Arya would be protecting Sansa, Bran, Tyrion, Varys, Davos, and Sam. All the main characters who I would expect to be on the battlefield are not at King's Landing; Jon, Dany, Jorah, Grey Worm, Tormund, Sandor, Beric, etc. It is concerning that Missendei, Pod, and Gilly are not at King's Landing. 

• Love 1

According to this tweet, yesterday was the first day of filming in Seville. Isaac, Sophie, Maisie and Gwen were seen leaving from the back door of the hotel. 

Maybe the scenes that Kit and Emilia filmed together in Iceland explain why their characters aren't in KL yet. What if the NK kidnaps Sam (and Gilly?) and they're both staying North to bring him back while the others evacuate in KL? 

There's been a Braavos connection in KL since S7. I certainly didn't expect their returns, but Nestoris could be the reason why Jaqen and The Waif (not the one who hated Arya, then) are there. I don't know on which side they are, but the FM hate slavery so they could very well be on with Dany's "break the wheel" quest.

4 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

With the exception of the NK, Jaquen, and the Waif, it makes some sense that these regular characters would be together taking refuge in King's Landing. Brienne, Jaime, and Arya would be protecting Sansa, Bran, Tyrion, Varys, Davos, and Sam. All the main characters who I would expect to be on the battlefield are not at King's Landing; Jon, Dany, Jorah, Grey Worm, Tormund, Sandor, Beric, etc. It is concerning that Missendei, Pod, and Gilly are not at King's Landing. 

I think that Jon and Dany will be fighting the NK on dragons but the rest of the cast can be on the ground at a different location fighting.  They can be filming the sequence later but I really don't know.  I'm not worried yet about Jon and Dany because they can be fighting on dragons and isn't that filmed at a different location.  Have we heard about Jon and Dany filming dragon riding.  That can be filmed later I think. 

I also think that the characters that are at King's Landing are evacuating the population to save them from the Night King especially if Cersei abandoned the city.  I have no idea why the Faceless Men will be there.  It could be something magical or mystical.  I doubt they told Arya everything about the organization.  We do meet Jaquen after he was captured at King's Landing.  We don't know why he was there in the first place.  It is a surprise to know that Jacquen and the Waif are filming.  I'm excited about this development.  I wonder if they will interact with any of the other characters.  As I recall only Arya knows that the Waif is part of the Faceless Men and Gendry and Arya are the only people who know about Jacquen's skills.

• Love 1
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

Maybe the scenes that Kit and Emilia filmed together in Iceland explain why their characters aren't in KL yet. What if the NK kidnaps Sam (and Gilly?) and they're both staying North to bring him back while the others evacuate in KL? 

The problem with this, is that whatever Emilia and Kit filmed in Iceland was for a Nutter episode, so either 1,2 or 4. We know that Jon is in KL in a Nutter episode too, not that is impossible for Jon to be at two different parts of Westeros in the same episode. 

We know that Seville filming is for episode 5 and 6. D&D are the only directors in Spain at the moment. We also know Sapo's crew are there, but the director himself hasn't be seen yet.

Edit. 

Also more pictures of Isaac and John
Edited by Edith

The plot thickens: Lena has just been spotted entering the hotel, according to SkyworthofTarth on Twitter (who's been posting pics of cast members at the hotel).

34 minutes ago, Edith said:

The problem with this, is that whatever Emilia and Kit filmed in Iceland was for a Nutter episode, so either 1,2 or 4. We know that Jon is in KL in a Nutter episode too, not that is impossible for Jon to be at two different parts of Westeros in the same episode. 

I agree.

We know that Seville filming is for episode 5 and 6. D&D are the only directors in Spain at the moment. We also know Sapo's crew are there, but the director himself hasn't be seen yet.

If Sapo's crew are there, then I doubt whatever was filmed in Belfast his week was from 8x05.

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

The plot thickens: Lena has just been spotted entering the hotel, according to SkyworthofTarth on Twitter (who's been posting pics of cast members at the hotel).

Lena! Is she arriving at the hotel from the airport or from filming? 

Peter is another one of the actors who came back to the hotel with Gwen, Isaac, Sophie and John. 

Edited by Edith
(edited)
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

If Cersei is at King's Landing, then Jaime is there to convince her to help and when she doesn't, he will kill her. Has the actor who plays The Mountain shown up as yet? He must be there since is she is there.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Head explodes.

Two more tidbits from /BoatsexBaby:

1. GOT has already used a private jet at least once this year for S8. (/BoatsexBaby promised another post on the subject “a year from now.”)

2. When the stand-ins/body doubles/whatever they are exited Italica today, they left by the main entrance and waved to the fans. “Make of that what you will,” says /BoatsexBaby.

(1) is very intriguing. So there was a cast trip (or cast trips) so spoilery that they took a private jet to cover it up?! Iceland? Or something everyone missed and won’t find out until next year?

If this dragonpit scene supposedly takes place in episode 5 or 6, and Dany, Jon and Missandei are not around for it, I wonder if Dany could be giving birth whilst it's all going down?

It doesn't seem like whatever is being filmed is a coronation, because I can't imagine Jaqen, the Waif and Cersei are needed for that kind of scene.  And it doesn't seem like it's a massive battle scene either, given the relatively short period of time they will be filming there compared to other battle filming shoots.

If we know for sure (or almost sure) that Arya, Gendry, Tyrion and Sansa are involved, and that Cersei is there, well those 4 people all have big reasons to want Cersei dead....

16 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

If this dragonpit scene supposedly takes place in episode 5 or 6, and Dany, Jon and Missandei are not around for it, I wonder if Dany could be giving birth whilst it's all going down?

It doesn't seem like whatever is being filmed is a coronation, because I can't imagine Jaqen, the Waif and Cersei are needed for that kind of scene.  And it doesn't seem like it's a massive battle scene either, given the relatively short period of time they will be filming there compared to other battle filming shoots.

If we know for sure (or almost sure) that Arya, Gendry, Tyrion and Sansa are involved, and that Cersei is there, well those 4 people all have big reasons to want Cersei dead....

Maybe its a rescue mission.  Maybe sansa and tyrion get kidnapped by cersei and brought to kings landing.  It makes sense that arya, bran, Jaime and brienne are there to rescue them.  Sam, davos and gendry are friends with the starks and would help them.  And robin likes sansa and might want to help her.  And maybe the faceless men are there to help arya.  (I really don't have a clue about why the faceless men are there).  Don't have a clue why varys or the night king would be there.  Maybe to rescue sansa and tyrion the good guys have to be sneaky.

23 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

1. GOT has already used a private jet at least once this year for S8. (/BoatsexBaby promised another post on the subject “a year from now.”)

(1) is very intriguing. So there was a cast trip (or cast trips) so spoilery that they took a private jet to cover it up?! Iceland? Or something everyone missed and won’t find out until next year?

Javi did say in the friki video that more people filmed in Iceland. The only problem with that, is that some of the actors that were supposed to being filming there were actually in Belfast.

The other possibility is Dubrovnik. There was a person who published Kit and Isaac autographs.

33 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

And cersei would want all four of them dead.