Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

On 4/4/2018 at 12:17 PM, glowbug said:

For the record, I don't think Arya and Gendry will end up together. Had I only read the books I wouldn't have thought much of the pairing at all. Show Arya and Gendry have tons of chemistry (I think the two actors get along well in real life) and I think the show played up the relationship more than in the books. I also think Gendry's fate in the show may be Edric Storm's fate since the two characters appear to have been combined into one and I think the chances of Edric Storm and Arya ending up together are almost zero. That said, in the books "the seed is strong" refers only to the times when Baratheon and Lannisters procreate. In the show for some reason the changed it to all Baratheon children having dark hair.

Well, all the Baratheons that we have met have had black hair and blue eyes.

Literally, all of Robert's kids even in the books look like him(black hair, blue eyes) so I'm pretty sure that the seed is strong in general.

So no, this wasn't just changed for the show. 

1 minute ago, WindyNights said:

Well, all the Baratheons that we have met have had black hair and blue eyes.

Literally, all of Robert's kids even in the books look like him(black hair, blue eyes) so I'm pretty sure that the seed is strong in general.

So no, this wasn't just changed for the show. 

Not to mention that in the real world, blue eyes are a recessive trait, so this is another example of wonky Westeros genetics.

L7R reports that there will be one month of filming at the Italica site in Spain. Shooting is scheduled to take place between April 23rd and May 19th (with cleanup between May 19th and May 28th so that the site can reopen on the 29th). Only a portion of this filming will take place in the dragonpit area (amphitheater), presumably between April 23rd and May 2nd when filming is limited to the amphitheater. The remainder will take place in other parts of the archaeological site, presumably when the entire site is closed between May 3rd and May 18th. I guess it will be doubling for other parts of KL. (L7R said that other parts of the ruins were used for non-dragonpit KL scenes in S7, so I guess it makes sense that they're doing the same thing in S8 on a bigger scale.)

If filming is scheduled to end in June, I'm guessing that the last month or so will be tied up filming whatever they're going to film in the KL Belfast set.

17 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Ironborn talk:

Going off information collected mostly on /Freefolk, we know the following:

1. KL set construction is almost finished in Belfast, and Italica ruins filming in Spain will be in May (and maybe this month, too, it's not clear).

2. Alfie and Gemma have started or will be starting filming their own projects soon.

3. Gemma was last seen in Belfast in December. (Doesn't mean she wasn't there, but it's the last time she was seen.) I think Gemma filmed on the Pyke Northern Ireland set.

4. Alfie has been spotted in Belfast over the past few months. A 4chan leaker claimed that he saw scenes where Theon was helping Bran at Winterfell.

5. According to WOTW, there's a scene with Theon and Yara on a boat.

6. /Watchersonmyballs posted pictures of dummy corpses at the Magheramorne set which included Ironborn corpses, which suggests Ironborn corpses are going to be part of the big battle.

7. Pilou hasn't been seen filming for several months and says that he won't be finished filming until June. The actor cast as the leader of the GC is also supposed to be filming in June.

8. Javi Marcos at Los Siete Reinos has claimed that by the time KL is attacked, Cersei is no longer on the Iron Throne.

9. The Italica ruins stuff in Spain is for 8x05 and 8x06. While not confirmed, it seems likely that the KL exterior filming set for June (and May, too, I'm not sure) is also from late in the season.

Putting all this together, and being mindful as always that scenes are not shot in order, it seems as if the order of events for this storyline is roughly as follows:

1. Theon springs Yara fairly early on in the season while Euron is off getting the GC (assuming Euron dumped Yara at Pyke).

2. Theon heads to Winterfell with the Ironborn soldiers. Yara either doesn't go with him (maybe because of her injuries), or goes and evacuates with the other characters who aren't involved in the fighting. It's possible that Gemma was part of the night shoots and we just didn't hear about Gemma in Belfast, of course.

3. Theon and maybe Yara join Team Jon/Dany's huge battle with the AOTD (and the GC, that part's not clear). 

4. Cersei is deposed by Euron...? Not sure about the timing on this, or who orders the attack on Winterfell if there are human attackers.

5. Team Jon/Dany have to deal with Euron in KL, something something dragons I guess, but Theon and Yara aren't part of it.

...Now, it's possible that Alfie and/or Gemma will wrap up their films before the KL exterior filming (Italica and then Belfast) starts, but how likely is that?

If this timeline is correct, it would mean that Theon won't be the one responsible for Euron's demise. It also seems possible that Theon dies in the huge Winterfell battle, since why else would he be absent from the KL craziness if Euron is running things? Wouldn't he feel personally obligated to take Euron down?

It sounds as if the KL stuff may be the Scouring of the Shire bit, with Euron playing Saruman.

Yep, I'm onboard with what you're saying. 

1 hour ago, anamika said:

Sophie was in California a few days ago, but she could have flown out to Belfast since. We’ll see if she pops up, too.

Unrelated: if we do get Cleganebowl, would they film it in the amphitheater (dragon pit)? Would they even be allowed to film a fight scene there, it being a historical site and all? And if not in the dragon pit set, where would they film it? Not much room for something like that at the interior studios.

As pointed out by WOTW, it’s unlikely that the Italica stuff is a coronation, a funeral, a wedding, a riot, or anything of the sort since there has been no mass call for extras. What, then?

• Love 1

If there is a coronation in the last episode for whoever ends up in power, I wonder if they would be too afraid of spoilers to have extras there? They might do some green screen or other filming tricks to insert the crowning and main cast into random crowd shots of people cheering etc.?

• Love 2

They might not have a big event (like a coronation or wedding) in King's Landing.  Especially if the castle is destroyed (which might or might not happen).  We might know more if there is a big call of extras at another location.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Unrelated: if we do get Cleganebowl, would they film it in the amphitheater (dragon pit)? Would they even be allowed to film a fight scene there, it being a historical site and all? 

A relatively straightforward Hound vs. Mountain brawl probably wouldn't be any more of a filming issue than what they've previously done there.

9 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

If there is a coronation in the last episode for whoever ends up in power, I wonder if they would be too afraid of spoilers to have extras there? They might do some green screen or other filming tricks to insert the crowning and main cast into random crowd shots of people cheering etc.?

There have been very spoilery scenes with lots of extras before (the sept explosion, the fighting pits riot, etc.), so I doubt it.

Assuming there still is a throne room at the end of S8--even a ravaged, burnt out throne room like Dany's HOTU vision--I think any coronation would take place there.

9 hours ago, Sunshinegal said:

They might not have a big event (like a coronation or wedding) in King's Landing.  Especially if the castle is destroyed (which might or might not happen).  We might know more if there is a big call of extras at another location.

We don't usually hear about extra calls in Northern Ireland. I think /BostsexBaby at /Freefolk, who seems to have a bit of an inside track on some of the cast/crew info, said that they're looking for female extras for the KL set filming that will be happening after they wrap the Italica stuff.

8 hours ago, SeanC said:

A relatively straightforward Hound vs. Mountain brawl probably wouldn't be any more of a filming issue than what they've previously done there.

Theoretically, yes, I'm just not sure what the rules would be for an archaeological site. Presumably if they allowed a bunch of people in for the dragonpit scene in S7 to walk and talk there's some leeway, though.

So, from Freefolk and various tweets looks like Kit, Emilia, Maisie, Liam and Joe are in Belfast. Filming in studio.

Finally a Dadvos sighting.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, anamika said:

So, from Freefolk and various tweets looks like Kit, Emilia, Maisie, Liam and Joe are in Belfast. Filming in studio.

Five out of my seven favorite filming together, after reports that my two other favorite were filming WW fight scenes together.

I'm ded. 

Make it a scene in 8x06. Make it a scene in 8x06!

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, anamika said:

So, basically the best news ever? Love it, love it, love it!

Yay, Davos!

Peter Dinklage was spotted in Belfast last week. He's now back in the States, and apparently because he doesn't like hopping back and forth, he's likely not going back to Europe right away. It will be very interesting news if he's absent from the Italica filming.

Gwendoline Christie was spotted this morning in Belfast.

Seeing reports that Pilou is in Belfast, too...?

Italica filming starts the week after next. Since there are at least two separate scenes being shot there--whatever they're filming in the amphitheater, and whatever they're filming elsewhere on the site in May--we may see cast coming and going in Seville.

The guy who posted all the Magheramorne night shoot videos has promised another one which "may contain spoilers." We'll see.

ETA: Davy Orr posted his Magheramorne video, and it's a doozy. Looks like three people on horses with lightsabers flaming swords. Although just posted, the video is from April 5th, and NCW and Gwendoline Christie weren't filming that week. The big flash of light is speculated to represent dragonfire.

...The "making of" featurettes for S8 are going to be insane. Hardhome on steroids.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, GraceK said:

OoOOooO so what do we think??? Who are the riders? Jon, Beric and the Hound maybe? ?

That’s my guess. 

Sophie was seen in Belfast yesterday, so whatever was filmed with Kit and the others, Sophie was part of it. 

That’s my guess. 

Sophie was seen in Belfast yesterday, so whatever was filmed with Kit and the others, Sophie was part of it. 

They are making it hard to track Sophie, isn't she done with her other film now?

4 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

They are making it hard to track Sophie, isn't she done with her other film now?

I can't confirm, but according to /Freefolkers, she wrapped on Heavy two weeks ago.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but someone in the know said that whatever was filmed in Iceland with Kit and Emilia, it was from a Nutter episode (8x01, 8x02, or 8x04).

43 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I can't confirm, but according to /Freefolkers, she wrapped on Heavy two weeks ago.

There have been some Instagram posts from the film’s crew that indicate that filming is completed.

Just saw this haven't read it yet, just using a map and trying to piece things together with known info. 

Auto generated ST, really SUCK, hopefully here or YT it gets translated.

Trying to listen and read a super poor english translation:

They mention epdemic near WF, people fleeing to KL. at 19:30 to 20:30 Sansa,Joe Jonas, jamie and Arya's names mentioned.

Edited by GrailKing

Other Belfast sightings this week, by character: Sam, Tormund, and Jaime.

Jaime/Brienne fans take note that NCW and Gwen have been in Belfast at the same time  several times so far.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GrailKing said:

The only spoiler Javi gives away, as his previous episode with Friki, is that Sam is alive at least to KL episodes and that John should start filming soon for it. 

The rest it just speculation base in sightings and photo leaks. 

Javi and Friki think that Yara is going to die, base on how little she filmed and the fact that she started a new film. Javi is also saying the same about Sansa, because Sophie has been traveling with her fiancé and not filming.

Jaime death apparently is in episode 4. Javi knows that Jaime/Brienne battle against AOTD is in that episode, and it was filmed by night at Magheramorne so it fit with the Jaime spoiler. 

They also are speculating that the GC attack could be in episode 2 and they either return to KL or they united with Dany. 

Javi says that episode 1 ending could be the NK attacking the Umber's castle, and that's why there's not death Umber bodies in the pics that got published. 

Javi is speculating that Dany might arrive at KL to take down Cersei in episode 4 or 5, fulfilling the YMBQ prophesy and they know that Cersei is not longer in power by episode 5. Jon might go to KL to parlay with Cersei and to tell her what is coming. So I guess is either Dany and/or Jon that "rule" KL before the NK arrives.

Javi and friki think that it wasn't only Kit and Emilia that filmed in Iceland, but Javi has not idea what they filmed there.

Edited by Edith
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Edith said:

The only spoiler Javi gives away, as his previous episode with Friki, is that Sam is alive at least to KL episodes and that John should start filming soon for it. 

The rest it just speculation base in sightings and photo leaks. Javi and Friki think that Yara is going to die, base on how little she filmed and the fact that she started a new film.

I'd predict that Yara probably dies as well. I wonder if she would have been killed off had Gemma not been pregnant when D&D were writing Season 7 and due later in 2017. Probably?

Javi is also saying the same about Sansa, because Sophie has been traveling with her fiancé and not filming.

It wouldn't surprise me. Sophie's absence from Belfast for the better part of two months when they were doing the night shoots is troubling. It's too early to tell, though, particularly with Seville filming for 8x05 and 8x06 upcoming. Sophie has implied that she's filming in June, which looks like late-season KL stuff, so we'll see. She also filmed quite a bit in the fall, so there's that.

Jaime death apparently is in episode 4. Javi knows that Jaime/Brienne battle against AOTD is in that episode, and it was filmed by night at Magheramorne so it fit with the Jaime spoiler. 

Didn't the note from the producers thanking the crew for the night shoots state that it was all for one episode? And wouldn't that episode be 8x03, a Sapochnik episode?

Javi says that episode 1 ending could be the NK attacking the Umber's castle, and that's why there's not death Umber bodies in the pics that got published. 

Very possible. The Umber heir's name is Ned, so you know the poor kid is doomed.

Javi and friki think that it wasn't only Kit and Emilia that filmed in Iceland, but Javi has not idea what they filmed there.

Based on what, out of curiosity?

1 hour ago, Sunshinegal said:

I wonder what role the Golden Company will play.  Are they just going to be sellswords for Cersei or Euron.  Is their role bigger.  Are they going to help fight the Others. 

The curious thing about the GC is that the actor playing the leader of the GC (Harry Strickland) wasn't set to film in the months where the attack on Winterfell was being filmed. If it's the GC attacking Winterfell, wouldn't you expect him to be there leading the attack?

...One good point made by Javi and Friki is that it's going to be extremely hot in Seville in May, meaning that the scenes filmed there could well all be epilogue stuff. If so, it will be extremely interesting to see who shows up. With that said, some of the scenes are said to be from 8x05. Would the epilogue really start in the second-last episode?

Edited by Eyes High
1 hour ago, Edith said:

The rest it just speculation base in sightings and photo leaks. 

Javi and Friki think that Yara is going to die, base on how little she filmed and the fact that she started a new film. Javi is also saying the same about Sansa, because Sophie has been traveling with her fiancé and not filming.

They also are speculating that the GC attack could be in episode 2 and they either return to KL or they united with Dany. 

Javi is speculating that Dany might arrive at KL to take down Cersei in episode 4 or 5, fulfilling the YMBQ prophesy and they know that Cersei is not longer in power by episode 5. Jon might go to KL to parlay with Cersei and to tell her what is coming. So I guess is either Dany and/or Jon that "rule" KL before the NK arrives.

Thanks, I'll be bummed for Sansa, her story could go either way.

9 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Javi speculates, or Javi knows? Because Javi has claimed to have inside information for S8 on certain things (spoiling that Cersei is no longer in control of KL when it's attacked, e.g.).

I'd predict that Yara probably dies as well. I wonder if she would have been killed off had Gemma not been pregnant when D&D were writing Season 7 and due later in 2017. Probably?

"Speculates" I guess? I think he's basing it in the pictures that shows Greyjoy's bodies and the 4chan leaker. So Theon is back at Winterfell but Gemma didn't show up for any battle filming. 

Didn't the note from the producers thanking the crew for the night shoots state that it was all for one episode? And wouldn't that episode be 8x03, a Sapochnik episode?

Javi is pretty sure the Jaime/Brienne fighting against AOTD is episode 4. This come from his sources. He also said that all that filming wasn't just for 1 episode, other battles were filmed. Umber, castle black, etc.

Friki on this spoiler in freefolk:

"If I had exclusive info on that I would have shared it. We know for sure that the scenes with Jaime and Brienne fighting together against the undead are in chapter 4, we also know for sure that was filmed in a night shooting in Magheramorne, and the leaker said exactly that, but adding the detail of Jaime’s death, which is really plausible. That is why I’m pretty convinced that it will be that way. As I said, I don’t have further prove".

"We know from inside information that Jaime and Brienne fight together against the army of death in episode 4. Those takes are outside the walls of Winterfell. We also know that was shot in Magheramorne, so the 55 nights for one episode is not correct. Scenes for episodes 3, 4, and some random shots of the army of death marching south for other episodes have been filmed there also. That inside source told us too that in those scenes you will see Night’s Watch and wildling wights. 

All of the above was mentioned by Javi’s source. The part of Jaime dying in Brienne’s arms, was not. We talked about that because WatchersonMyBalls released that bit of information".

Based on what, out of curiosity?

This is what friki answer on freefolk about this: 

"I have spoken with Javi about that and he is pretty convinced that a group of actors filmed in Iceland and I trust him on that. He published that info here . I know that there are not reported sightings of them after that, but that info was also reported by an icelandic newspaper stating that several cast members were appointed to film there. That is why we talk about Iceland in this video".

When someone mentions that Gwen and Ian were in Belfast during the Iceland filming, he said:

"If that is the case, all those Iceland theories make no sense anymore. To be true, we don’t need another excursion beyond the Wall to make the story work, we talk about that in the video too, we can’t fit the Iceland part in the story, and we name different theories that you already know trying to think how the scriptwriters would use those supposed scenes this season".

Edited by Edith
  • Love 1

If Jaime does die in ep 4, I wonder if the theory that Arya will kill Cersei with Jaime’s face is correct? If she is in the same vicinity as J/B fighting the WW she could easily save his face in anticipation of seeing Cersei later.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bubble sparkly said:

If Jaime does die in ep 4, I wonder if the theory that Arya will kill Cersei with Jaime’s face is correct? If she is in the same vicinity as J/B fighting the WW she could easily save his face in anticipation of seeing Cersei later.

Or, undead Jamie kills Cersei after YMBQ takes everything away from her thus fulfilling Maggy the Frog's entire prophecy, which Cersei got wrong in all accounts thinking that Tyrion was the Valonqar and Margaery the YMBQ.  I would personally love that to no end, Cersei realising how stupid she truly is. Despite all the stuff that happens to her in the books, she still hasn't internalized how much she contributed to her own situation.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Wouter said:

Sansa is very probably not involved in the big battle scenes, which take a lot of time to film. Turner's relatively long absence is thus quite easily explainable.

I think with Sansa, we will have confirmation whether Sophie continues to film in Belfast. So far, after the 55 days of shooting, she has been two times there, and as @Eyes High has said in a previous post, Sophie did say that she's going to be filming until the summer.

Also I read on Freefolk that her fiancé recently said that while he was filming The Voice in February in Australia she was far too busy with work to come visit him. Busy filming what in that month, we don't know. 

http://watchersonthewall.com/cerseis-red-keep-is-being-built-in-belfast-for-next-game-of-thrones-season-8-shoot/#more-161943

So the siege is at the RK?

Edited by Edith
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Wouter said:

Sansa is very probably not involved in the big battle scenes, which take a lot of time to film. Turner's relatively long absence is thus quite easily explainable.

Sure, except Javi, who seems to have some inside information, believes that Sansa dies.

So the Irish Thrones blind item:

1. Older (hint)

2. Well loved

3. Used before “en masse”

4. Northern Ireland

5. Public area that would have to be closed to the public to film. 

The Dark Hedges, maybe (kingsroad)?

Friki and Javi said that Sam’s actor would be shooting KL scenes very shortly, and I dunno how there can be extended filming of anything with only a little over a week left to go until Seville filming starts. I guess we’ll see what happens  this week.

Edited by Eyes High
23 hours ago, Edith said:

I hate Yara dying, but it is probably true. Annoying Theon will likely end up on the Salt Throne. The good thing is that he cannot procreate.

I am less convinced about Sansa dying, but she isn't one of GRRM's main characters and was not named as one of the characters that would survive so it is possible.

I have always believed that Jaime dies, but thought that he would have one last confrontation with Cersei before his death.

22 hours ago, Eyes High said:

The curious thing about the GC is that the actor playing the leader of the GC (Harry Strickland) wasn't set to film in the months where the attack on Winterfell was being filmed. If it's the GC attacking Winterfell, wouldn't you expect him to be there leading the attack?

Good point. However, it is possible that he was there filming and fans didn't recognize him because he is so new.

Edited by SimoneS

Sure, except Javi, who seems to have some inside information, believes that Sansa dies.

He seemed to be saying that based on comparative lack of filming time, though, not any inside information.

Though, of course, this is a debate that seems to end up happening every season since about Season 5.

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I hate Yara dying, but it is probably true. Annoying Theon will likely end up on the Salt Throne. The good thing is that he cannot procreate.

I am less convinced about Sansa dying, but she isn't one of GRRM's main characters and was not named as one of the characters that would survive so it is possible.

Pretty much.

13 hours ago, SeanC said:

He seemed to be saying that based on comparative lack of filming time, though, not any inside information.

Though, of course, this is a debate that seems to end up happening every season since about Season 5.

For good reason: the outline all but spelled out that Sansa died, it’s unlikely GRRM has changed his mind about sparing her, and on the show she’s currently standing in the way of whoever’s actually going to end up with Winterfell. Anyone can read the tea leaves; it’s just a matter of when.

As for Javi, he’s not dumb enough to drop a big spoiler without passing it off as speculation based on filming information. He learned well from Friki and his “speculation” spoiler videos. 

Reflecting on the Seville filming...as Javi pointed out, it's supposed to get really hot in May. Would D&D really make the cast film wearing winter-appropriate costumes in hot summer weather? But if all the Seville stuff is from a summery epilogue, then what will it entail?

All the cast and crew members in the Dragonpit Behind the Scenes video talked about how lovely it was to have everyone together and how much they enjoyed the experience. So I'm wondering if D&D wrote another big dragonpit group scene--with whichever characters are still alive at the end of S8--as a sort of love letter to the actors and crew. To be fair, there's nothing to stop D&D from doing big group scenes at Paint Hall, and you'd think D&D wouldn't be dumb enough to film a big exterior sequence spoiling who lives and who dies in GOT-crazy Spain. We'll see.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Annoying Theon will likely end up on the Salt Throne. The good thing is that he cannot procreate.

This is more likely to come up in the books than the show but who knows; the captain's daughter that Theon slept with on his original journey back home, she could show up with a Theon Jnr...which would be quite convenient for him. Plus it would be nicely karmic if he had to marry a girl he saw as fit only to take as a salt wife in order to legitimise his offspring.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

As for Javi, he’s not dumb enough to drop a big spoiler without passing it off as speculation based on filming information. He learned well from Friki and his “speculation” spoiler videos. 

That's the thing, Javi has not, as far as I recall, been in the habit of passing off spoilers as his own speculation.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

This is more likely to come up in the books than the show but who knows; the captain's daughter that Theon slept with on his original journey back home, she could show up with a Theon Jnr...which would be quite convenient for him. Plus it would be nicely karmic if he had to marry a girl he saw as fit only to take as a salt wife in order to legitimise his offspring.

Works for me, although I don't know if D&D will give any sort of nod to who will succeed Theon (or Yara, if she lives). Tobias Menzies isn't even back for Season 8 as far as we know, so I guess Edmure's fate will either be resolved off screen with a line of dialogue or will never be mentioned again (like Dorne, apparently).

17 minutes ago, SeanC said:

That's the thing, Javi has not, as far as I recall, been in the habit of passing off spoilers as his own speculation.

Friki has, ever since he got his knuckles rapped by HBO, and they're doing videos together. 

28 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Friki has, ever since he got his knuckles rapped by HBO, and they're doing videos together. 

Sure, thye're doing videos together, but that doesn't mean Javi himself is altering how he handles spoilers.

I do agree that if he knew, he wouldn't say, but it hasn't been in his manner to allude to what he knows either.  

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SeanC said:

Sure, thye're doing videos together, but that doesn't mean Javi himself is altering how he handles spoilers.

I do agree that if he knew, he wouldn't say, but it hasn't been in his manner to allude to what he knows either.  

Exactly.

Also those pages from 1993 and interviews are important to guess the endgame. But that's all. Their importance is tiny in comparison with the narrative we see developt in front of us.

At least in the show, that narrative tells me she is the candidate #1 to rule Winterfell as endgame

I don’t necessarily think Sansa is going to die, but I don’t think being the top candidate to rule Winterfell rules her out of dying either.  If she did die Arya could step in, so her death wouldn’t leave a Winterfell power vacuum.

Hell, Sansa dying could be one of the things the cast members think is surprising, since most people assume she will be in charge of Winterfell in the end.

Edited by bubble sparkly
34 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

I don’t necessarily think Sansa is going to die, but I don’t think being the top candidate to rule Winterfell rules her out of dying either.  If she did die Arya could step in, so her death wouldn’t leave a Winterfell power vacuum.

Hell, Sansa dying could be one of the things the cast members think is surprising, since most people assume she will be in charge of Winterfell in the end.

It's a matter of narrative. To me she is the top candidate because, organically, that is her place within the narrative. Of course there will be some surprises, but I don't think the surprises will betray the core of the narrative, at least D&D (almost) never do that; why to start now?

NCW, Kristofer Hivju and Gwendoline Christie were all spotted in Belfast yesterday.

A posting on Instagram by a friend of Gwendoline's implied that Gwendoline's going to be in Belfast in May.

3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

NCW, Kristofer Hivju and Gwendoline Christie were all spotted in Belfast yesterday.

A posting on Instagram by a friend of Gwendoline's implied that Gwendoline's going to be in Belfast in May.

So Jaime is still alive as is Tormund. Good. I am still leaning to Jaime having one last confrontation with Cersei before he dies. I have to admit that I always presumed that Brienne would survive.

(edited)
5 hours ago, SimoneS said:

So Jaime is still alive as is Tormund. Good. I am still leaning to Jaime having one last confrontation with Cersei before he dies. I have to admit that I always presumed that Brienne would survive.

They don't film in order, so NCW continuing to film scenes after Jaime's supposed death scene was filmed doesn't mean much.

One of the legit NI sources (A Red Priestess) is hearing that there will be group of (actors playing) mercenaries filming scenes soon. If so, given that there is Seville filming for 8x05 and 8x06 for the next month starting next week, it sounds as if there will be concurrent filming in Belfast. (That would also line up with what Irish Thrones is claiming about the filming set for a previously used location soon.)

By process of elimination, if Seville filming is for 8x05 and 8x06, involving D&D and Sapochnik-directed episodes, will the mercenaries stuff be from a Nutter episode?

Irish Thrones made it sound as if the Northern Ireland scenes they were talking about would be "en masse," so assuming concurrent filming, maybe it will be just a handful of cast at Italica, as opposed to the 7x07 scene which had numerous cast members and extras. There hasn't been a mass call for extras for the Italica filming, which makes sense if it's from the season climax or epilogue. We can rule out a big coronation scene at the dragonpit, I think.

I think after the Seville filming we should have a decent idea of the skeleton of this season. One thing I'm not sure about is whether Euron is the Saruman figure who's running things in KL and making trouble for Jon and Dany after Cersei is deposed or whatever, or whether he gets offed fairly early on in the season by Theon. There are all those Ironborn corpse dummies which lead me to think that Theon takes the Ironborn north to help Team Jon/Dany, which I doubt he would be able to do with Euron in the picture.

Putting together the spoilers, which are admittedly meager, and throwing in my own speculation, here's my guess for the (very) rough outline of the season:

8x01-8x02: Team Jon/Dany arrives at Winterfell. Obligatory series of reunion scenes (Hound/Arya, Sam/Jon, etc.). AOTD advances. Ned Umber appears in Season 8, so I'm going to agree with Javi and Friki that Last Hearth is attacked by the AOTD. Tormund escapes to Winterfell to tell Jon what has happened. Jaime also arrives at Winterfell. Jon learns of his parentage, and Drama ensues. Dany learns she's pregnant. Meanwhile, Theon successfully kills Euron and rescues Yara, but she succumbs to her injuries. Theon takes the Ironborn north to help Team Jon/Dany and winds up pushing Bran around in his wheelchair, so I guess there will be a nice Theon/Bran scene in there somewhere. Cersei accepts the service of the GC. She miscarries and in a blind rage orders the GC to attack Winterfell. The AOTD continues advancing, having added NW members and more wildlings to their number.

8x03: Huge battle episode. Winterfell is attacked at night by the GC. The AOTD also get involved. There are flaming swords and a lot of fire. Winterfell burns, and the survivors scatter. There's also a fight scene in the woods (whatever was filmed at Saintfield). Shit is cray. I'll go out on a limb and predict that Viserion offs another dragon, making things even more dire. Varys and Missandei die at some point (both Conleth Hill and Nathalie Emmanuel haven't filmed anything since December as far as I'm aware). Theon may die heroically as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Tormund, Jorah and Beric also died. Sansa isn't part of this for whatever reason, either because dies early on in the battle or because she's hiding somewhere or evacuating.

8x04: Jaime dies fighting the AOTD and dies in Brienne's arms. Melisandre takes on the NK but loses (assuming that spoiler is correct). Grey Worm dies and most of the Dothraki and Unsullied are wiped out. Dany has an emotional scene surveying the battlefield. The surviving members of Team Jon/Dany regroup and head south as the AOTD marches on. Cersei meets with Jon in KL (although I'm wondering if this could happen in 8x02, since Jon's unlikely to try to reason with Cersei if she orders an attack on Winterfell) and is deposed at some point. (The timing isn't clear.)

8x05: The AOTD arrives at KL. KL is prepared for a dragon attack but the dragon succeeds in burning at least part of KL. Cleganebowl, I'm guessing: Sandor kills Frankengregor but is mortally wounded, receiving mercy from Arya. Qyburn is killed in the chaos. Cersei is killed by the valonqar (...Tyrion, I guess). Last clash between Viserion and Rhaegal? Viserion and Drogon? Dunno. Maybe Jon does the fighting on Rhaegal while Dany's off in labour or whatever. The NK dies, leading all the wights to drop in their tracks. 

8x06: Either there's a significant time jump, or winter ends abruptly once the NK is defeated. Dragonpit scene takes place in the spring. Jon and/or Dany are crowned (and get married I guess if they haven't already) and have a healthy child by this point. We get a nice series of "housekeeping" scenes: the Lord/Lady of Winterfell (whoever it is) is overseeing construction at Winterfell, the NW is formally dissolved, Gendry (if he lives) is legitimized, Sam is named Warden of the South, Tyrion starts his winery, Bronn gets his castle, Tycho Nestoris shows up to nag Jon and Dany about the Crown's debts, etc. At the end, Sam puts the finishing touches on his own history of events: A Song of Ice and Fire. (And we all groan.)

I'll probably have to revise this somewhat once the Seville spoilers come out, but that's my take.

Final death toll, if I had to guess? Ned Umber, Dolorous Edd (he's the only named NW member left at the Wall), Euron, Yara, Varys, Missandei, Tormund, Jorah, Beric, Grey Worm, Qhono (the hot Dothraki dude), Drogon, Rhaegal, Jaime, Melisandre, Qyburn, Cersei, Sandor, Frankengregor, and Sansa in there somewhere. That's quite the haul and would certainly justify the HBO exec's description of characters dying one by one from the table read.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

I’m also curious about what was filmed in Iceland with Kit and Emilia. Aa far as I can remember no other cast members were spotted there, although that doesn’t preclude them from being there and just not being spotted. Are Dany and Jon going beyond the wall again, or are they just supposed to be having a conversation in the North and for whatever reason D&D wanted real snow etc as the backdrop?

34 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

I’m also curious about what was filmed in Iceland with Kit and Emilia. Aa far as I can remember no other cast members were spotted there, although that doesn’t preclude them from being there and just not being spotted. Are Dany and Jon going beyond the wall again, or are they just supposed to be having a conversation in the North and for whatever reason D&D wanted real snow etc as the backdrop?

The Iceland stuff is from a Nutter episode, so 8x01, 8x02 or 8x04. Iceland is usually doubling for beyond the Wall, but it seems unlikely that Jon and Dany are going to go skipping off beyond the Wall when they are needed at Winterfell.