Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Yeah I call bull on this one. There’s enough info that is confirmed to make it seem plausible, but the whole Tyrion thing is stupid. He cares about Sansa. In fact, he cares about pretty much everyone EXCEPT Cersei. The idea that show Tyrion would willingly sacrifice Sansa as a gift to his murderous  sister in the middle of a war with the dead is ludicrous. Why? What’s the motive? If it wasn’t for that I can possibly believe these “leaks”. 

Show wise yeah, he does, book wise he was bitter about it.

It's the Strickland part, that looks  plausible enough.

Then again we have Ally Karstark returning I think.

Edited by GrailKing
6 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Show wise yeah, he does, book wise he was bitter about it.

It's the Strickland part, that looks  plausible enough.

Oh yeah I agree. The thing is is that they have built up show Tyrion these past 7 years way to heroically for him to take part in such a betrayal. The way things are now, I don’t see anything that could make Tyrion do that. Even if he was so desperately in love with Dany and jealous of Jon, what does helping Cersei and capturing Sansa do? Especially with Jaime on the way, he would never betray his brother. The conflict with the army of the dead and the NK I think he realizes is more important than anything else. Also there is no mention of Dany or Arya . It’s notable that they based this around what actual spoilers are confirmed. Everything in there except the plot are things we already know, like Winterfell on fire and Strickland’s casting.

Edited by GraceK
10 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Oh yeah I agree. The thing is is that they have built up show Tyrion these past 7 years way to heroically for him to take part in such a betrayal. The way things are now, I don’t see anything that could make Tyrion do that. Even if he was so desperately in love with Dany and jealous of Jon, what does helping Cersei and capturing Sansa do? Especially with Jaime on the way, he would never betray his brother. The conflict with the army of the dead and the NK I think he realizes is more important than anything else. Also there is no mention of Dany or Arya . It’s notable that they based this around what actual spoilers are confirmed. Everything in there except the plot are things we already know, like Winterfell on fire and Strickland’s casting.

Maybe there's a reason Ally Karstark returns.

2 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Maybe there's a reason Ally Karstark returns.

Maybe. It’s also possible I just don’t want to believe that any of that is true because i hate the idea of it happening. Either way, I’m gonna take Freefolk with a grain of salt. There are too many people on there who are gonna love making things up and stirring the pot while we wait.

Just now, GraceK said:

Maybe. It’s also possible I just don’t want to believe that any of that is true because i hate the idea of it happening. Either way, I’m gonna take Freefolk with a grain of salt. There are too many people on there who are gonna love making things up and stirring the pot while we wait.

Yeah, I know LOL.

I believe Cersei would go after Sansa , she vindictive enough.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GrailKing said:

Then I see this in Freefolk:

Hide contents

Tyrion betrays Jon and Daenarys and Winterfell is burn to the ground. Sansa was meant to be Tyrion's gift to his sister. But Cersei has ordered Harry Strickland to kill Sansa and bring Cersei her head. This is the moment Tyrion knows he has fucked up bad. We see Sansa's head later on in the episode.

Because Tyrion was expecting Cersei to, what, not kill Sansa?  Yeah, as others have said, that whole angle makes no sense whatsoever.  Indeed, all of the speculations about Tyrion betraying Team Good Guys to Cersei makes no sense.  There is some basis for the idea that Tyrion might be conflicted about Dany's actions, since he already is in Season 7, but that's more likely to take the form of questioning whether he should back Jon (a temptation I've thought it quite possible that Varys succumbs to, which would in turn lead to his death).  The idea that Tyrion would ever back Cersei is absurd.

Or maybe Tyrion overdosed on Stupid Pills.  But like I said earlier, if this was all leading to some grand betrayal on Tyrion's part, that is the single least-effective writing decision the showrunners have ever made as far as character buildup/progression goes.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Because Tyrion was expecting Cersei to, what, not kill Sansa?  Yeah, as others have said, that whole angle makes no sense whatsoever.  Indeed, all of the speculations about Tyrion betraying Team Good Guys to Cersei makes no sense.  There is some basis for the idea that Tyrion might be conflicted about Dany's actions, since he already is in Season 7, but that's more likely to take the form of questioning whether he should back Jon (a temptation I've thought it quite possible that Varys succumbs to, which would in turn lead to his death).  The idea that Tyrion would ever back Cersei is absurd.

Or maybe Tyrion overdosed on Stupid Pills.  But like I said earlier, if this was all leading to some grand betrayal on Tyrion's part, that is the single least-effective writing decision the showrunners have ever made as far as character buildup/progression goes.

To me it's the Strickland portion that makes it possible.

1 year + to go.

13 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Why?

Because it's plausible, and Cersei is vindictive and crazy enough to do it; add to Sansa telling LF she's safe in Winterfell.

Oh ! it could be a good WTF moment.

Edited by GrailKing
6 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Because it's plausible, and Cersei is vindictive and crazy enough to do it;

I don’t think anybody would argue Cersei wouldn’t do it.  It’s Tyrion’s actions that are entirely implausible, and thus I don’t see how the scenario can be plausible.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SeanC said:

I don’t think anybody would argue Cersei wouldn’t do it.  It’s Tyrion’s actions that are entirely implausible, and thus I don’t see how the scenario can be plausible.

But would Tyrion know what Strickland would do? assuming he has Strikland watch over or have control of Sansa.?

1 minute ago, GrailKing said:

But would Tyrion know what Strickland would do? assuming he has Strikland watch over or have control of Sansa.?

Tyrion in this scenario has agreed to hand Sansa over to Cersei as a “gift”.  In what world is that not sending Sansa to her death?  The idea of Tyrion betraying the Starks to Cersei and then being shocked (shocked!) that she wants them dead is preposterous.

None of this is to argue that a scenario where Sansa dies in a sack of Winterfell is implausible.  But this scenario is implausible.  There just isn’t any character basis for Tyrion doing the things indicated, either based on his show character or on some reversion to book form.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Tyrion in this scenario has agreed to hand Sansa over to Cersei as a “gift”.  In what world is that not sending Sansa to her death?  The idea of Tyrion betraying the Starks to Cersei and then being shocked (shocked!) that she wants them dead is preposterous.

None of this is to argue that a scenario where Sansa dies in a sack of Winterfell is implausible.  But this scenario is implausible.  There just isn’t any character basis for Tyrion doing the things indicated, either based on his show character or on some reversion to book form.

I'm going over board I believe. LOL

52 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

To me it's the Strickland portion that makes it possible.

1 year + to go.

Then let me reassure you, because Harry Strickland's actor was supposed to film for one week in December and in May/June. They're shooting the Winterfell battle now, so Harry Strickland clearly isn't a part of it. This faker saw the news that Winterfell's attackers seem to be human and assumed they were GC. They may very well be, but Harry Strickland has no part of that battle. (Compare this to Lord Karstark, whose actor was part of the BOTB filming.)

This fake leaker has also claimed that the Dubrovnik scene involves the GC's arrival in KL, even though Strickland's actor isn't filming right now and won't be filming until May/June. A poster in the /Freefolk comments section pointed this out, and the "leaker" hasn't yet responded. Oops. The "leaker" also claimed that Sophie Turner hasn't been back on set since December, when she's been spotted in Belfast a few times since.

Now, while Tyrion betraying Jon/Dany would be a dumb plot development for a number of reasons, someone on Tumblr pointed out that Tyrion's costume in 7x07 had similar black studded leather to the outfits that Tywin wore and Cersei wears. Nothing in Michele Clapton's costumes is there by coincidence, and Michele Clapton has always used colour as a way of showing Tyrion's sympathies. He has the black studded leather in 7x04/7x05 on his sleeves in the Field of Fire, where he's conflicted about watching Lannister soldiers get slaughtered by Dany. And then, in 7x07, the black studded leather is used for his tunic as well as his sleeves. Could be nothing, but I suspect Tyrion's actual or suspected Lannister sympathies will have some role in Season 8, even if the accusation of disloyalty is baseless. Sansa had Bolton Xs on one of her gowns in S7, but she wasn't guilty of disloyalty, only accused of disloyalty by Arya.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, nikma said:

Tyrion's betrayal is this year's "Sansa will betray Jon for LF" nonsense from Free Folk. I'm so happy that S8 will the last. I couldn't stand more years from this fandom. 

Yep. People need to understand that people hate Sansa Stark at r/free folk. 

And since most leaks come from the area and are fake well it leads to a bunch of leaks where Sansa dies. 

Remember last season when people tried to claim LF killed Sansa and Arya stumbles upon her body?

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Yep. People need to understand that people hate Sansa Stark at r/free folk. 

And since most leaks come from the area and are fake well it leads to a bunch of leaks where Sansa dies. 

Remember last season when people tried to claim LF killed Sansa and Arya stumbles upon her body?

Yeah I understand that, I just lurk there , gets to much hate stuff.

20 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Then let me reassure you, because Harry Strickland's actor was supposed to film for one week in December and in May/June. They're shooting the Winterfell battle now, so Harry Strickland clearly isn't a part of it. This faker saw the news that Winterfell's attackers seem to be human and assumed they were GC. They may very well be, but Harry Strickland has no part of that battle. (Compare this to Lord Karstark, whose actor was part of the BOTB filming.)

This fake leaker has also claimed that the Dubrovnik scene involves the GC's arrival in KL, even though Strickland's actor isn't filming right now and won't be filming until May/June. A poster in the /Freefolk comments section pointed this out, and the "leaker" hasn't yet responded. Oops. The "leaker" also claimed that Sophie Turner hasn't been back on set since December, when she's been spotted in Belfast a few times since.

Now, while Tyrion betraying Jon/Dany would be a dumb plot development for a number of reasons, someone on Tumblr pointed out that Tyrion's costume in 7x07 had similar black studded leather to the outfits that Tywin wore and Cersei wears. Nothing in Michele Clapton's costumes is there by coincidence, and Michele Clapton has always used colour as a way of showing Tyrion's sympathies. He has the black studded leather in 7x04/7x05 on his sleeves in the Field of Fire, where he's conflicted about watching Lannister soldiers get slaughtered by Dany. And then, in 7x07, the black studded leather is used for his tunic as well as his sleeves. Could be nothing, but I suspect Tyrion's actual or suspected Lannister sympathies will have some role in Season 8, even if the accusation of disloyalty is baseless. Sansa had Bolton Xs on one of her gowns in S7, but she wasn't guilty of disloyalty, only accused of disloyalty by Arya.

Thanks for that reassurence : )

16 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Nothing in Michele Clapton's costumes is there by coincidence, and Michele Clapton has always used colour as a way of showing Tyrion's sympathies. He has the black studded leather in 7x04/7x05 on his sleeves in the Field of Fire, where he's conflicted about watching Lannister soldiers get slaughtered by Dany. And then, in 7x07, the black studded leather is used for his tunic as well as his sleeves.

I can't believe I overlooked this !

I post many times on the clothing stuff.

Umm  replying to Eyes High.

Edited by GrailKing

We see Sansa's head lol! Freefolk 'leakers' are getting more inventive by the day.

Irish leaker Betsywetsy did mention that the major character death was filmed months ago. If the Strickland actor is going to be involved in scenes where he kills this character it does not necessarily have to be filmed now. The Battle scenes filmed currently could be just for the exterior battle scenes. Most of the actors don't seem to be there.

Sophie and Maisie have not been seen anywhere for a while - they could be filming.

Kit Harington has been spotted in Dubrovnik! Wearing his Northern attire.

http://mobile.dubrovniknet.hr/galerija.php?id=59105

From the pictures it looks like Jon seems to be casually strolling down the stairs in KL without any soldiers or other characters near him...

Edit: It looks like some guy in a cloak is walking with him...

1518011806_196_velika_jon_snow_game%20of

Edited by anamika
1 hour ago, anamika said:

We see Sansa's head lol! Freefolk 'leakers' are getting more inventive by the day.

Irish leaker Betsywetsy did mention that the major character death was filmed months ago. If the Strickland actor is going to be involved in scenes where he kills this character it does not necessarily have to be filmed now. The Battle scenes filmed currently could be just for the exterior battle scenes. Most of the actors don't seem to be there.

Sophie and Maisie have not been seen anywhere for a while - they could be filming.

Kit Harington has been spotted in Dubrovnik! Wearing his Northern attire.

http://mobile.dubrovniknet.hr/galerija.php?id=59105

From the pictures it looks like Jon seems to be casually strolling down the stairs in KL without any soldiers or other characters near him...

Edit: It looks like some guy in a cloak is walking with him...

1518011806_196_velika_jon_snow_game%20of

I don’t like the looks of this picture :( his hair is down, he looks brooding and who is that guy? Is it a guard? Is it actually possible that Jon is taken prisoner??? 

Just now, GraceK said:

I don’t like the looks of this picture :( his hair is down, he looks brooding and who is that guy? Is it a guard? Is it actually possible that Jon is taken prisoner??? 

I have no idea who the guy with him is supposed to be.

This young woman from Dubrovnik claims that she saw Kit "fight on a fortress" (the only pics taken are of him walking around):

https://twitter.com/JiminTruePrince/status/961250827951321088

• Love 1

The guy in the cloak is whom I find interesting. There's speculation that he could be Tully, but what would they be doing this late into the game. NW? Does not look it to me. Brotherhood? possible.

Jon seems to be walking around freely.

There's also speculation that Dany or Davos may be there based on some grainy images. And speculation that Isaac was seen earlier. And surely Lena Headey would be making an appearance sometimes - this is after all Cersei's base and she must have some scenes outside.

This is pretty exciting actually. I’m wondering when this is supposed to take place. I can’t imagine Cersei just letting Jon walk around freely, and if what you say is true and Dany or Bran has been speculated to be there is it possible Cersei has been deposed?

2 minutes ago, GraceK said:

This is pretty exciting actually. I’m wondering when this is supposed to take place.

Nutter is there and he is directing episode 4. But Dan Weiss was also seen in the pictures so it could be the last episode. But then David and Dan do hang out in these places with the cast and crew when they are filming so anything's possible.

(edited)
1 hour ago, anamika said:

The guy in the cloak is whom I find interesting. There's speculation that he could be Tully, but what would they be doing this late into the game. NW? Does not look it to me. Brotherhood? possible.

Jon seems to be walking around freely.

There's also speculation that Dany or Davos may be there based on some grainy images. And speculation that Isaac was seen earlier. And surely Lena Headey would be making an appearance sometimes - this is after all Cersei's base and she must have some scenes outside.

I was wondering if maybe the staircase is supposed to be doubling for Riverrun, since the Riverrun scenes in S6 had those staircases, too.

It seriously never occurred to me that Emilia could have been lying about heading straight back to London, heh. With that said, I doubt that she's in Dubrovnik. She definitely would have been recognized.

54 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Oh, yay! Spoilers!

That guy in the black garb looks like he's dresses like a man of the Night's Watch.

If Isaac is there, it would be interesting to see if he is standing or in a chair. 

Pretty much everyone is wearing black now that it's winter, so I don't know that his affiliation could be detected on the basis of colour. The thing he's wearing around his shoulders reminds me of the Blackfish's armour.

Obviously, the identity of the character accompanying Jon is the key to the scene. I can't figure out his affiliation based on what we've seen of his outfit, though. Even the NW members don't dress like that.

Biggest news from these pics? No manbun. I repeat, the manbun is gone.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
28 minutes ago, GraceK said:

I wonder if the lack of a manbun means something:)

It means that we don't get to make jokes about it anymore. :(

On the other hand, Jon may have handed off manbun duties to Tyrion; Peter Dinklage had a manbun during his Sundance interviews. Maybe there can be only one (manbun).

In terms of hair spoilers for S8, we do know a bit: Maisie's hair is slightly longer than for S7, NCW has a beard, Pilou recently got the "Euron" haircut, and Peter Dinklage's hair is slightly longer than in S7 (not to mention his beard's sides have been shaved off, giving him a goatee + neckbeard).

There's speculation at /Freefolk that the Kit scenes take place at White Harbour

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Stand in?

No. Here’s more photos https://slobodnadalmacija.hr/scena/mozaik/clanak/id/530204/jon-snow-stigao-u-dubrovnik-poznati-glumac-39uhvacen39-na-minceti-ocekuje-se-i-ostatak-ekipe-popularne-serije

she actually looks nothing like Emilia. I think the one you got from freefolk was doctored because none of the pictures have her in it.

The costume lady has a blonde braid . Her Instagram is linked in WOTW comments

7 minutes ago, GraceK said:

No. Here’s more photos https://slobodnadalmacija.hr/scena/mozaik/clanak/id/530204/jon-snow-stigao-u-dubrovnik-poznati-glumac-39uhvacen39-na-minceti-ocekuje-se-i-ostatak-ekipe-popularne-serije

she actually looks nothing like Emilia. I think the one you got from freefolk was doctored because none of the pictures have her in it.

The costume lady has a blonde braid . Her Instagram is linked in WOTW comments

Be honest, that costume lady looks like she has a beard LOL, more fodder for us all to cackle over.

• Love 1

Be honest, that costume lady looks like she has a beard LOL, more fodder for us all to cackle over.

Lmao

I am interested to see who else is gonna show up in the next few days...if the Mountain is there than Cersei should be as well...omg the suspense is killing me!!’ :)

• Love 1

If the Mountain is there, is there a chance the Hound will show up. Everyone has been hyping Cleganebowl (which I personally give a total of zero rat's ass about), but it seems like this might be the best place for it to happen.

15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

If the Mountain is there, is there a chance the Hound will show up. Everyone has been hyping Cleganebowl (which I personally give a total of zero rat's ass about), but it seems like this might be the best place for it to happen.

If the Mountain's actor is in Dubrovnik, it looks like there may be multiple scenes shot in Dubrovnik, contrary to early reports. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, GrailKing said:

Then I see this in Freefolk:

Reveal hidden contents

What Miguel Sapochnik is shooting in Episodes 3 & 5, Season 8 Info (self.freefolk)

submitted 2 hours ago * by boominmyshot

Episode 3 is the Battle of Winterfell, The fire around Winterfell is combonation of Drogon and Melisandre. The Night King retreats south after he has a fight with Mel, Jon loses Longclaw in his dual with Night King and than Melisandre saves Jon.

Episode 5 has 2 battles Sack of Winterfell and Battle of King Landing. The Iron Born(Yara and Theon)Arrive before the Golden Company/Lannister Army do. Tyrion betrays Jon and Daenarys and Winterfell is burn to the ground. Sansa was meant to be Tyrion's gift to his sister. But Cersei has ordered Harry Strickland to kill Sansa and bring Cersei her head. This is the moment Tyrion knows he has fucked up bad. We see Sansa's head later on in the episode.

The new set in Belfast is for GC vs Army of the Dead. Golden Company get their asses kicked. The Lannister plan to abandon Kings Landing. The episode ends with Jon flying over Kings Landing on Rhaegal and landing at the entrance to The Red Keep, Jon is in Armor exactly like Targaryen kingsguard armor from Season 6. Night King is waiting for Jon

edit; I think I am confusing people Harry Strickland Kills Sansa Not I Repeat Not Tyrion

Besides what has already been pointed out (completely out-of-character and stupid actions from Tyrion, actor availibility for Strickland and so on), this Faker also claims no less but three major battles in S8, including Winterfell getting burned twice in one season. 

Luckily we have something real now...

I don't think that this is King's Landing.  I don't where know it is supposed to be, but no way do I expect Jon to be at King's Landing without Dany and their entourage. I have alway believed that the non-combatants like Missandei, Bran, etc. would be sent out away from the frontline so maybe this is their retreat and safe haven.

Edited by SimoneS
12 hours ago, GrailKing said:

Well I was thinking RR or WH, but WH should have snow ( fake or cgi )

At this point, Riverrun should also have snow - we saw it snowing in KL last season. Maybe they will add in the snow later. This could be anywhere.

We already knew that these two were gonna meet from David and Dan's DVD commentary. So here's Cersei and Jonno:

image.thumb.png.d4a61615979d610fadba056b3d831fef.pnghttp://www.thedubrovniktimes.com/news/dubrovnik/item/3949-photo-exclusive-jon-snow-meets-cersei-at-king-s-landing

From the look of things David and Dan seem to be directing this scene, which means last episode which probably means Cersei is going to hang on till the very last second of this show. Terrible.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 4