Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E20: Bloodlines

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

You are way braver - or maybe more masochistic - than I.

Yeah, I've been calling the Carver years the "Era of the Petty Little Jerks." TBH, I've not been paying the best attention to some things this time around. It's been playing in the background more than anything. I did actually watch Hunter Heroci this morning though. I rather like that episode.

• Love 3

Watching this shitfest, I picture Gary Cole in a room with other suits: "Ya know what Supernatural fans would like? A slick-looking neon-infused Romeo & Juliet soap opera with fancy-pants rich people in a big city."  Because those are the hallmarks of our beloved show ...

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:18 PM, DittyDotDot said:

Yeah, I've been calling the Carver years the "Era of the Petty Little Jerks." TBH, I've not been paying the best attention to some things this time around. It's been playing in the background more than anything. I did actually watch Hunter Heroci this morning though. I rather like that episode.

"Era of the Pretty Little Jerks" sums it up perfectly!

Don't know what I hate more, this episode, or Carver.

• Love 3

*grabs wine* Okay, I'm ready.

Hey, Bryce Johnson. And Sean Faris. And Nathaniel Buzolic. Guys from Pretty Little Liars on Pretty Little Jerks. How apropos. Good eye candy, though. Oh, a fight between werewolves and vampires. How original. Dead girlfriend. Who he wanted to propose to. Sam wants his story back. Son of a cop. Really? I do like the song playing when he discovers the hunter bullets. Two vampire episodes in a row seems to be a bit much. Oh, the exposition." Chicago is divided up between 5 monster families." The silver claw is a cool weapon. I'll give them that. Sam and Dean let a shapeshifter that wasn't an adorable baby in their car? I also like calling David a Transformer. Ennis's mom is out of the picture? What do you want to bet she would've been either a hunter, witch or demon? I like Sam trying to keep Ennis out of it, but not Jared's finest moment. "If you start hunting, the monsters will kill you." Why am I laughing so hard at that? It's factually accurate. Oh, the not dead dad, sibling drama. This really would've been a terrible spinoff. The Originals is better. She said, having seen about two episodes of The Originals. But if I need to have family drama and cities full of monsters, it's the clear winner. 

• Love 1

I think they are starting to take this whole monster family bit , the being born to the monster, too far.  Where were these families during the Leviathan story?  And the whole Romeo and Juliet storyline, yech.  Kind of glad it didn't get picked up, though I did like Ennis .

On 5/2/2014 at 1:01 PM, catrox14 said:

That line and

Dean's line: "I could go into more detail...but I won't..." made me laugh pretty hard but mostly due to Jensen's deadpan delivery.  That was great.

I loved that line. 

On 5/4/2014 at 12:40 PM, catrox14 said:

I would have grudgingly accepted an explanation to the shapeshifter...shift. But it sure as hell isn't cool anymore nor interesting. Shapeshifter Dean was fucking creeptastic and bitter and resentful and lonely. I always though the Alpha shifter could shift without goo was okay because he was "special", the one and only.

Can anyone imagine Nightshifter without the gore?  Seriously.  Half the awesomeness of Nightshifter was finding the goo all over the bank. And the fight Dean had with the female shifter? He wouldn't have figured it out without her fucking skin peeling off in his hand! That was awesome.  Also, in Monster Movie.  There would be no great joke when Sam is trying to pull the guy's ear off and he says "It's supposed to come off!" Guy: " No, it it's not".   Where's the fun without all that? BAH! /throws arms up in disgust and dismay.

And MY GODS the mind games! I don't know what the new show will do with the mind games part of the shapeshifter life but if it's as dull as the introduction to the shapeshifters, color me bored to death.  Seriously. How could they take such an awesome concept and wreck it with no explanation?  And no, waiting until the actual series airs is not sufficient. It needed to be addressed in the pilot, especially since the pilot was an actual episode of Supernatural. 

For me, the key to Supernatural is the craft of the show.  How it is filmed, the dark colors, the shadows. Sam and Dean in half shadow, half light all the time. GORGEOUS.  All of that reflected how creepy it was and how creepy their lives were.  So much texture and nuance in the cinematography and practical effects and the acting, even with the guest actors.  I thought the shapeshifters skin peeling off reflected that sensibility. I realize that a lot of that dark, desaturated look went away in later seasons but at least we still had some of the creepier things and mind games like Hallucifer and it didn't get overly pretty (although Dean's wardrobe this season looks like he's been hanging out at Prada (I'm not complaining mind you it's just weird!)

Agree so hard. So many of the monsters overlap but the shapeshifters were different and memorable because they were gross and gory. If they are going to rewrite it, make it interesting. But here they clearly did it for one reason: to make their character more attractive. Nobody wants to have sex with someone whose ear can peel off. 

But that was the entire problem with this pilot. I get that there are a lot of people who love the shows about pretty people with monster qualities, power and money. Personally, I would rather have dental surgery. I just don't find these types of shows compelling, WHICH IS WHY I WATCH SUPERNATURAL. I like horror and sci fi. I want blood and gore and aliens and monsters. My complaint about last year is continued here. They don't seem to understand that female viewers doesn't mean that we need melodrama, soapy storylines and pretty 20 somethings. I mean, this was also more in line with the other CW shows, and at least it can be entirely discarded from the show, but it was entirely unrelated to Supernatural and just didn't belong.

The only link to Supernatural was the gross misogyny. I mean, one episode in and the fiance has been fridged, another female character is called a bitch, told to be quiet and subservient and is defined entirely by the men around her and a third is clearly going to be villified when she doesn't want her brother coming in and discarding her years of running the family. Barf.

I did get to meet the Baby used in this episode at Wizard World, which was pretty awesome. That was about it for stuff I will take from this episode 

6 hours ago, The Companion said:

I did get to meet the Baby used in this episode at Wizard World, which was pretty awesome. That was about it for stuff I will take from this episode 

I did as well - up close and personal - and it was a treat.

Impala and Bobby.jpg

Trunk Clip.jpg

• Love 2