Type keyword(s) to search

SEAL Team in the Media

• Start Topic

seal-team-preview-cbs.jpg

CBS’ SEAL Team premiere targeted 9.9 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating (per finals), delivering Wednesday’s largest audience and improving on time slot predecessor Criminal Minds’ previous average (7.5 mil/1.4).

The David Boreanaz-led drama, which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “B,” outdrew Criminal Minds‘ year-ago premiere (8.9 mil/1.9) yet was down in the demo with a significantly softer Survivor lead-in.

Ratings: SEAL Team Has Solid Debut

David Boreanaz Talks SEAL Team Deployment Twist, Jason vs. Booth and Working for 20 Years Straight

There's some stuff about what deployment is going to look like, but nothing that I would consider a spoiler.  Nothing that we aren't at least aware of already.

TVLINE | It’s like a first-person shooter sometimes.
Yeah, very rarely are we on the other side, so you’ll come in with us, and that’s a testimony to why these shows go by really fast. They’re strong, independently shot in a very naturalistic, doc-y style. And if we’re on a mission and I’m talking to TOC, I’m not going to dumb it down for the audience. They’re going to have to catch up with the language and understand. We don’t want to say what these initials are, they’ve just got to learn them, which I think has been a fun thing.

From watching the show, I know what TOC is, but what do the initials actually stand for?  I figure that OC stands for something like "Operations Center" or "Operational Control," but what's the "T"?

3 hours ago, Ohmo said:

David Boreanaz Talks SEAL Team Deployment Twist, Jason vs. Booth and Working for 20 Years Straight

There's some stuff about what deployment is going to look like, but nothing that I would consider a spoiler.  Nothing that we aren't at least aware of already.

From watching the show, I know what TOC is, but what do the initials actually stand for?  I figure that OC stands for something like "Operations Center" or "Operational Control," but what's the "T"?

Tactical Operations Center 

• Love 1

Any news of what’s to come on CBS’ SEAL Team? –Elspeth

Spoiler

As you might have surmised, given how the accelerated deployment played out for the Hayeses and their already tenuous union, Jason will be open to new romance whilst abroad in JBAD. Herewith is David Boreanaz’s full, unedited quote on the topic: “It’s going to be a whole new show once we are on deployment character-wise, allowing us to do things that we wouldn’t be doing if we were back home and introducing new characters — including a possible new love interest for Jason.” (SEAL Team returns Feb. 28.)

Matt's Inside Line (TVLine)

Edited by Ohmo
3 hours ago, Ohmo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

As you might have surmised, given how the accelerated deployment played out for the Hayeses and their already tenuous union, Jason will be open to new romance whilst abroad in JBAD. Herewith is David Boreanaz’s full, unedited quote on the topic: “It’s going to be a whole new show once we are on deployment character-wise, allowing us to do things that we wouldn’t be doing if we were back home and introducing new characters — including a possible new love interest for Jason.” (SEAL Team returns Feb. 28.)

Matt's Inside Line (TVLine)

I did think that the deployment episode felt like a soft reboot 

Since we are nearing the end of the season, do you have any scoop on the SEAL Team finale? —Elspeth

Spoiler

I am hearing that despite this week’s false lead, Jason and the team will get closer than ever to avenging Echo Team’s murder. But not everyone makes it out alive when their ‘copter takes a deadly hit, effecting their team forever.

TV Line

Spoiler

My speculation: My guess is it will be Brock because he's expendable.  We could not possibly get lucky enough for it to be Clay.  They better not touch Cerberus.

Edited by Ohmo

Possible Spoilers Ahead!  Just letting you know!

I was a little surprised at this, apparently Alona Tal was cast as the lead in a revival of NYPD Blue.  I really thought the breakup with Clay was just a plot device and they'd get back together eventually.  Now it sounds like she's moving on and is off the show for good.  Unless she made a deal and the writers make the breakup last longer to give her time to do both shows and maybe even come back to Seal Team if NYPD Blue doesn't work out.

https://tvline.com/2018/11/28/nypd-blue-revival-alona-tal-cast-abc/

29 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

if the actress who plays Naeema quits, it'll be a disaster.

Why?   More shootin' and blowin' stuff up!   Less wamins boo-hooin', I sez!

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Why?   More shootin' and blowin' stuff up!   Less wamins boo-hooin', I sez!

They've done nothing of that sort this season, though. The action in season 2 is really underwhelming so far, compared to s1.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:19 AM, Netfoot said:

More shootin' and blowin' stuff up!   Less wamins boo-hooin', I sez!

To me, this show started out as mostly an action series, with some side plots delving into the emotional/family issues of the main players. Now it feels a lot more like a soap opera with some action added, mostly to add drama to the soap opera sub plots.

• Love 1