Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Queen Death

When The Hollow sends a terrifying message to Vincent, he must team with Haley and Freya to embark on a desperate mission to stop the Hollow once and for all — even if it requires a heartbreaking sacrifice. Refusing to allow anyone in his family to pay the high price of defeating their enemy, Klaus makes a surprising alliance and enacts a plan that threatens to change the Mikaelson family forever.

Promo:

Meh episode... Kinda already tired of hope the wunderkind... Her as an actress is fine as are her interactions with the other characters but if shes just gonna pop up to be a super duper special snowflake plot device to magically solve any problem... IM gonna fall asleep

• Love 1
9 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Meh episode... Kinda already tired of hope the wunderkind... Her as an actress is fine as are her interactions with the other characters but if shes just gonna pop up to be a super duper special snowflake plot device to magically solve any problem... IM gonna fall asleep

Right I'm sick of magic redheads named Hope altogether(for some reason they're always powerful kids). They really need to stop. I thought the episode was fine until she walked in and saved the day again. Somehow she's going to beat this big bad so it's safe to fall asleep til next season. 

Oh, Klaus, you stubborn cranky idiot. I understand rejecting Vincent's plan because you want to save Elijah. I really do get that. But Klaus's original "plan" was nothing but bluster. Track down the Hollow and kill it? Davina, the ancestors, and Vincent have ALL told you that there is no way to kill the Hollow so explain to me again how your plan to kill it will work. Oh, right. It won't. Seriously, if you can't come up with a better plan than Vincent's, then STFU.

I loved that both Marcel and Vincent called out Klaus and Freya on the Mikaelson hypocrisy. They don't care how many other people die as long as their siblings get to live. It's about freaking time someone pointed this out to them.

I clapped when Hayley told Klaus to back off. Freya had a rough day so quit yelling at her and making demands! Damn, dude. Give her a break.

No surprise at all that after Elijah was killed, not a single Mikaelson was concerned about the fact that everyone else in his line died too.

Although it was nice that Klaus told Freya, "Your girlfriend seems nice," while watching Keelin play with Hope, part of me was rolling my eyes and thinking about how shitty Klaus was to Elijah and especially Rebekah whenever they fell in love.

I like Vincent, but when he rendered Klaus speechless, I really loved him.  I have hated Klaus' constant bitching and whining since day one.

It's ironic that out of Damon, Stefan, Elijah and Klaus, Damon was the one who had it right when he told Stefan to stop saving him.  If only, Stefan had listened.

Marcel and Vincent, for all their faults, are way better people than Klaus will ever be.  I probably shouldn't be worried about Vincent once again asking Marcel to promise to kill him if something goes wrong, but I won't be at all surprised if Vincent ends up dead and stays dead.

• Love 3

Did anyone else get Siren flashbacks with the Hollow resurrection? I hope the actress is better than those girls were. (And yes, having seen TVD has completely turned me off trying next season's Dynasty.)

Given that a show called "the Originals" probably won't permanently off one of its few regular Originals, I'm guessing that Elijah will be back. And next ep looks great - Elijah flashbacks? Yes, please.

Sorry, but I like Hope. The actress is cute and decent. I've seen enough terrible child actors (mostly in soaps) to appreciate a kid who is doing a good job. I don't mind when Hope lends the power that she obviously has to help the effort. It's not like they're sending her to school or anything.

• Love 3

I absolutely loved the comment that Vincent made to Klaus about Cami and his willingness to sacrifice himself. It was the highlight of the episode for me. You have Klaus being self-loathing as usual and normally people play his game and reflect that hatred but this time he was shown respect by someone who usually hates him.

The actress who plays Sofya-Hollow is grating on my last nerve.  I don't know if she's a bad actress or just doing a bad job, but her scenery chewing wasn't entertaining.  At all.  Too bad she had so much exposition.  Ugh.

12 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

No surprise at all that after Elijah was killed, not a single Mikaelson was concerned about the fact that everyone else in his line died too.

I wondered if there was a vampocalypse.  But as that would mean the death of all the remaining Strix vampires, I say good riddance.

• Love 3

ITA with ElectricBoogaloo's entire post. Amen, sister.

As for Vincent shutting Klaus up...yeeeeeessssssss!!! Have always loved Vincent, so glad he was the one to finally shut that immature brat up. 

I was hoping Sofya would actually die post-Hollow possession, that's how much I detest the actress, she is so bad. Also ITA with Moxie Cat's assessment of next season's CW remake of Dynasty and who is portraying Kristal. Could not STAND the actress on TVD, seeing her again in the trailer made me shudder. 

• Love 2

ITA that the actress who plays Sofya is terrible. Between her blank facial expression and her flat monotone emotionless frog in the throat voice, I can't stand seeing her or hearing her.

Usually when a Mikaelson falls in love, Klaus ends up killing the other person or punishing his sibling, so we'll see how long Keelin lasts (in spite of Klaus saying that she seems nice).

On 5/20/2017 at 6:54 PM, mac123x said:

as that would mean the death of all the remaining Strix vampires, I say good riddance.

Ha, no one is going to miss those pretentious asshats! Since Elijah has died, that means Tristan is finally dead. On the one hand, that means he isn't suffering anymore by feeling the constant effects of drowning. On the other hand, this means that we never have to see him again, right? Please?

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't tell if Vincent acknowledged his own hypocrisy and understood the reasoning behind sacrificing Davina (who was literally already dead) or if he somehow managed to evade the reality that it goes both ways. Klaus walked to his probable death and guaranteed imprisonment once before and Vincent had a very different idea of the type of person it made Klaus and what Cami would think of him and I don't see what could have caused the change in Vincent's perception.

Klaus was a jerk to Freya hands down and she in no way deserved his attitude but Klaus having a more volatile reaction to Elijah's death than Hayley or Freya made sense. Klaus' over emotional reactions better described as tantrums are often just that, Klaus' inability to control his emotions but with Elijah's death I think anything less would be disappointing. Elijah was Freya's brother and he and Hayley were in love so it's obviously a crippling  loss for both of them but their 7 or so years together versus the significance of the 1000+ years Klaus and Elijah spent together. Elijah was the constant in both Klaus' human and immortal lives and Klaus has never really had to face the idea of a life without Elijah.

Not a fan of all powerful Hope but at the same time the power Hope possesses has been building hype since Hayley's pregnancy and for all the speculation of being a tribrid and a Mikaelson witch more powerful than Dahlia it would be rather anti-climatic if Hope's abilities were completely irrelevant.

Maxine gave Vincent her son's protection charm - who the hell does that?!?!

Edited by Sam Marie

Honestly, during this latest episode, I found myself thinking "Why am I continuing to watch this show?" I am sick to death of Klaus and was really hoping he would be the one to die. I'm sick of his ranting, sick of how he treats other people, sick of his impetuousness, and sick of him coming up with completely unworkable and unrealistic plans that he certainly knows are pointless and yet advocates for them against all other sensible and reasonable plans and does so violently if necessary.

I'm really not looking forward to Hope fixing everything because that's just such a tired trope. And after enduring the first three episodes of The Vampire Diaries' final season, I'm not expecting even average things from this bunch of writers - to say nothing of expecting great or even good things from them! 

• Love 1