Type keyword(s) to search

How will this show end?

How will The Last Man on Earth end?   POLL CLOSED

28 members have voted

1. 1. Well, how will it?

• On a cliffhanger because Fox screwed them out of a proper ending.
    • It's all a dream and the virus never happened.
    • The virus happened, but it's all Tandy's dream just before he drives into the boulder and kills himself (Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge)
    • Some weird reference to another show.
    • It's all real, and they all live happily after after.
    • Something else (tell us in the comments!)

I'm confident in its renewal this season, so I don't think it will be canceled after 3 without a proper ending.  A few ideas I have had, some sadder than others:

-It was all a dream, but with a twist- the virus was real and it takes place in 2019 or early 2020, sometime after President DeVos's death.  Tandy is having a dream about what it would be like if he happened to survive, as he is one of the last people left.  But, in the final scene, he wakes up and coughs up blood and it pans to an image of Mike stuck up in space.

-It was all real, and the survivors have made a nice life for themselves (probably in the late 2020s).  But, then, the virus mutates so that they are no longer immune, and we see them all die one by one- except for Tandywho, by some miracle, happened to be immune to both strains and actually winds up the "last man on Earth".

-They are able to completely rebuild society, finding Pamela, Mike, and some other survivors, enough for a diverse enough gene pool, and we see the children grown up with a food source (possibly even including some animals), and the show ends in a flash-forward with the elderly characters reminiscing on how they succeeded in regenerating the human race from near-extinction.

-The most likely: they find a community of people that are living well, almost as if the virus never hit, and Mike is there.

(edited)

Jasper alone as an old man was telling Tandy's story to the ball buddies. Making Jasper the actual Last Man on Earth the whole time. 

Phil's truck hits the rock in the pilot episode and this was all in the mind. 

Edited by HotRats2112
Topic relevance
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, HotRats2112 said:

Phil's truck hits the rock in the pilot episode and this was all in the mind. 

In whose mind?  Phil is dead in your scenario, unless you're telling me that he dreamed it all in the split-second before he crashed (and by the way, that would be a horrific cop-out.  I hated it when St. Elsewhere and Dallas did it, and I'd LOATHE it if the show went that route.  Why waste my time for three years if you're just going to end it by saying, "Never mind!"?).

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

unless you're telling me that he dreamed it all in the split-second before he crashed

That's what I'm saying.  I didn't say I'd like, but that's what I'm saying.  

I'd like the Jasper ending. Be a bit morbid but that would be in line with the show. And they could get Morgan Freeman to play old Jasper. The thought of him having storytime with the ball buddies makes me giddyish.

Edited by HotRats2112
so many spelling errirs
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, MarkHB said:

(Spoilers for a 1961 film of an 1891 short story): As I alluded to in the poll choice :)

I am well aware of that to which you are alluding.  I just don't think it's comparable to "the last three years were all a dream/hallucination, so just forget that you ever wasted any time or emotional investment in the show."  As I said, I hated it when Dallas used that cop-out to negate an entire season and when St. Elsewhere used it to negate an entire series.  The viewers deserve far better than that.

I hope it ends with them finding a colony of hardworking people who've re-established civilization, who take one look at our lazy, hapless crew and tell them to take a hike.

• Love 1

I hope all the nuclear reactors melting down go full on Priamfaya (from 'The 100') and incinerates the world.  Easy peasy, problem solved.
Those things are going to pollute the atmosphere for thousands of years with radiation.

Or there's always the case that the Blob is a radioactive zombie herd, and it's heading for beautiful downtown Zihuatanejo.

I wonder if the bunker people are the ones who introduced the virus?  Either intentionally or accidently.  Though if they know they're immune, why the gas masks?

Anyway, as much as I as cringed while watching the show (Tandy mostly), I'm glad they found a large group of survivors, and I hope it is a peaceful joining.  With three babies and two on the way, I don't think even this show would have something too awful happen to the gang.  

1 hour ago, Dracos42 said:

I wonder if the bunker people are the ones who introduced the virus?  Either intentionally or accidently.  Though if they know they're immune, why the gas masks?

Anyway, as much as I as cringed while watching the show (Tandy mostly), I'm glad they found a large group of survivors, and I hope it is a peaceful joining.  With three babies and two on the way, I don't think even this show would have something too awful happen to the gang.  

Didn't see any babies with gas masks with the Bunker People.

All of the others turn out to be a separate set of balls which is his "family", while Gary & co were his buddies he hung with to get away from his family. He's been play acting all along.  Phil Tandy Miller truly is the last man on earth.