Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: The Wedding Night

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

In the movie, Joe, Jr. and Jack(RIP Bill Pullman) discuss how you lean in (you have to do the hand motion) to show interest.

Bill Pullman is alive and still leaning.  (Bill Paxton passed this year.)

• Love 2
(edited)

In "While You were Sleeping" Joe, Jr. uses his open palm, thumb towards him, fingers up and together in a 12 o'clock position moving to the 10 o'clock position.

Cannot find a youtube scene of the movie with Joe Jr and Jack discussing the lean in.

Good catch Dro, I hate it when I kill off fave actors before their time....more coffee please...

Edited by humbleopinion
pronouns must match
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Danielle seems teeny & like most people tower over her; she's probably used to it.

I agree on the "lean in"  @humbleopinion. I like to watch body language & it can be telling.

I'm curious as to Cody's change of heart in the previews.

I'm only 5'1 and used to people towering over me. My husband does and my 2 boys do. Daughter probably will too in a few years. Now what is funny is, I get uncomfortable when I am the taller one. I feel awkward because its something I am not used to. I don't think Danielle has issues with the height or cameras. She has a blog that makes her the center of attention so she can handle that. I think she is willing to try but there are moments she just doesn't seem sure of it. I think the age difference is not something she was expecting. If one isn't used to being with someone that much younger it might be awkward. 

It will be interesting to see why he would have a change of heart. 

• Love 1
On 5/1/2017 at 10:27 AM, cardigirl said:

Traditionally, the statistics seemed to say that it was no indicator of a successful marriage. A higher number of people who lived together before marriage, divorced, than those who did not before tying the knot.  

Since moving in together with someone is more acceptable these days, a bigger indicator of whether or not a marriage succeeds seems to be the age at which the couple decides to make the commitment of either marriage or moving in together.

Yea.... not only is it more acceptble these days to cohabitate before marriage, but 9/10 of the married couples I know lived together before marriage, and people look at you funny nowadays if you did not cohabitate pre-marriage and were past college age. I did not live with my husband before marriage, but if I had I would have been prepared for his completely slobbish habits ! 

I've quit this show twice, I refused to watch the 2nd season due to the improper matching of Monet & Vaughn and got hooked back on Season 3 and was again confused as heck at the matching of Vanessa and Tres and then refused to watch Season 4.   Now I'm hooked again and all over again disgusted by the improper matching of Sheila and Nate.  The matchmakers are awful at matching black couples up.  I missed the first episode where they must've shown all the candidates and why they matched people up.  What the heck do these two have in common besides skin tone?  Why is this show matching a 25 year old male (even though he looks 40) to a 30 year old female?!?  Sheila deserves so much better than this, I can see it in her eyes that she is already done with this marriage. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, 8th Light said:

I've quit this show twice, I refused to watch the 2nd season due to the improper matching of Monet & Vaughn and got hooked back on Season 3 and was again confused as heck at the matching of Vanessa and Tres and then refused to watch Season 4.   Now I'm hooked again and all over again disgusted by the improper matching of Sheila and Nate.  The matchmakers are awful at matching black couples up.  I missed the first episode where they must've shown all the candidates and why they matched people up.  What the heck do these two have in common besides skin tone?  Why is this show matching a 25 year old male (even though he looks 40) to a 30 year old female?!?  Sheila deserves so much better than this, I can see it in her eyes that she is already done with this marriage. 

Well according to the "experts" its also that they are religious. Which we shall use that very, very loosely when it comes to Nate though. I know I noticed they are terrible at that too and do not understand why, other than they just look to find who will make some drama for tv. They just really aren't very good at making matches in general. 

• Love 1

There is probably a meager pool of applicants for this show who end up seriously in the running, especially for the men. I'd love to actually get to know more of the ones they had to choose from, just out of curiosity.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

There is probably a meager pool of applicants for this show who end up seriously in the running, especially for the men. I'd love to actually get to know more of the ones they had to choose from, just out of curiosity.

Does anyone know if TLC has any affiliation with ABC?  It might make finding people for the Bachelor/ette easier if they use people who've been screened.  Fleiss would take the ones who are the most flawed as well as best looking.  Jamie Otis got her "break" on the Bachelor.    

To be fair, the experts are terrible at matching up most couples but I hear your disappointment in the matching of Sheila and Nate.

Agreed, Sheila needs to be with a mature man who can sit still for more than 5 minutes and Nate with active woman who can match his level of liveliness and pep.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

Does anyone know if TLC has any affiliation with ABC?  It might make finding people for the Bachelor/ette easier if they use people who've been screened.  Fleiss would take the ones who are the most flawed as well as best looking.  Jamie Otis got her "break" on the Bachelor.    

I didn't think about this before and should have more so considering Second Chances. This change is part of the A&E family. They are half owned by the Hearst Corporation and half by the Disney Company. Disney owns ABC. Which if anything Disney would not want their name attached to something that would create a major lawsuit so I would bet these people are screened. The difference though is that the budget for these channels will not be what something like ABC would give the Bachelor.