Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: Unforgettable

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

Can't like this enough. The BAU team isn't a team anymore and I am ashamed to say they are. They are now a pathetic excuse for a team. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if Reid goes unsub and just annihilates his "teammates."  

I would watch the hell out of this.

• Love 4

I'm watching this now, and I can't help but say - what WAS that jacket on JJ in the first scene? Is she moonlighting as the leader of some ninja-y Marvel faction? 

I liked Walker and his wife together. They did overestimate how much we'd care about his friend, though. It was overly dramatic.

I liked the scenes with Diana. Jane Lynch is so good.

• Love 2

May I ask for some help here, please?

At some moment in this episode they mentioned that Walker used to work for BAP. I've been trying to find what this means but couldn't. Can anyone tell me? 

Just now, senin said:

May I ask for some help here, please?

At some moment in this episode they mentioned that Walker used to work for BAP. I've been trying to find what this means but couldn't. Can anyone tell me? 

BAP = Behavioral Analysis Program. ?

Wow. Who the fuck does Reid think he is? Oh no, his trial is delayed by six weeks, cry me a river, I mean seriously this whole Reid thing is an absolute whine fest. Six weeks, people on trial for minor charges are held for years, children who kill violent parents can't get bail. So six weeks is no big deal. 

I'm still at the most unbelievable thing this show has ever done is have a white man with a clean FBI record in prison to start with. No danger he wouldn't get bail, hell there is no danger he would be on trial for the murder of a woman of colour even if he had killed her. 

JJ, you're FBI, tell me you did a thorough background check on Carol/Lindsay. And what responsible person with a responsible job thought it would be a good idea to let a paranoid schizophrenic with Alzheimer's disease visit someone in prison, but have no accommodations. 

I know it's because I don't like the actors who play the Reids and I like Gia Mantegna but I'm rooting for Carol/Lindsay. 

The actual case was excellent. I could listen to Damon Gupton all day. And Tracie Thoms as his wife was a treat, I adore her. I liked that it was someone trying to make it look like there was a bigger motive. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but Garcia is a genius who spends a lot of her job doing online research, Emily is a former Interpol division chief who has worked in Russia previously, and I seem to recall speaks Russian. But it's more like book boy would know about Russia? Really?

3 hours ago, AutisticSpoonie said:

JJ, you're FBI, tell me you did a thorough background check on Carol/Lindsay. And what responsible person with a responsible job thought it would be a good idea to let a paranoid schizophrenic with Alzheimer's disease visit someone in prison, but have no accommodations.

And Tracie Thoms as his wife was a treat, I adore her.

I disagree with most of your post for a number of reasons - and while I'm certainly not overly enamoured with Reid, I do like him and MGG well enough. I think there is a lot to criticize about this whole arc, but the things you outlined are not things that I find to be unbelievable. Reid is an FBI agent in general population with a target on his back, so yeah, he's permitted (not that anyone needs permission) to feel upset about his trial being delayed six weeks. That there are other people in the real world who also have reasons to be angry with the system does not negate or invalidate Reid's perfectly understandable feelings. There are also white people in prison. Despite the racism that seems to colour the interaction between citizens and the legal system, it's false to say that white people will not be imprisoned for murdering a person of colour. It may happen at a lower rate than it should (and that's a separate discussion), but it's not out of the realm of reasonableness that Reid would be charged with this - particularly when you consider the political pressures due to it being an international incident.

Almost every other aspect of this storyline, for me, requires a lot of suspension of disbelief. I can't fathom Reid's thought process as to wanting to go to Mexico for "medication" for his mother - I know others disagree, but that just makes absolutely no sense to me and seems like the stupidest thing he could possibly do. I also don't believe that, as smart as Reid is, his skill set enables him to be so much better at finding a treatment for - and actually treating - Alzheimer's than people who dedicate their lives to doing that. I don't get anything about the murder itself - the plausibility of all of that is lacking, IMO. And then the team being allowed to bring Reid back, the FBI abandoning him, him being put in gen pop, his lawyer's ineptness (although I very much wanted to like her), and the team's reactions/actions, all strike me as unbelievable.

As to your other points, JJ didn't know that the original caregiver for Diana had left and had no idea about this new person - that was something we are to believe Diana did on her own (though she was likely manipulated into it). So no, there was no background check.

And there was no responsible person who thought the Diana visit would be a good idea - again, all Linsday's doing with help from the guy they had on the inside. The BAU and Reid's lawyer had no idea. I could also add this to my list of ridiculous things, but it's maybe less implausible than the rest.

I do love Tracie Thoms, though, and was glad to see her (I may have squealed in excitement when she came onscreen, actually).

• Love 3

And then the team being allowed to bring Reid back, the FBI abandoning him, him being put in gen pop, his lawyer's ineptness (although I very much wanted to like her), and the team's reactions/actions, all strike me as unbelievable.

I'm rewatching & re-reading everyone's posts, and wanted to comment on this.

It is entirely possible that The US Authorities would be allowed to bring Reid back for trial.

Nadie & Reid met on US soil.  Mexican standards for violent crimes might be different than the U.S.  Also, Mexican justice system is wrought w/corruption.  The State Dept might have brokered a deal.

It was specifically said the the FBI cannot help Reid since he was on a secret personal mission.  The FBI are notoriously strict abt personal missions.

I do agree w/have to be aghast at the horrible job the lawyer is doing.

• Love 1
On 02/09/2017 at 4:54 AM, roamyn said:

It was specifically said the the FBI cannot help Reid since he was on a secret personal mission.  The FBI are notoriously strict abt personal missions.

You raise a valid point, but I don't believe it absolves the show of:

• Not having the team do anything for Reid except mope. Rules never stopped the team before, and Prentiss actually broke the rules to help Reid in the end.
  • Resolving everything in 84 mins. It was grating that the team suddenly went from saying "there's nothing we can do" to suddenly knowing people and finding evidence. If they wanted to do the serial properly, they should have sprinkled clues throughout the arc, not in the final 84 mins.
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

• Not having the team do anything for Reid except mope. Rules never stopped the team before, and Prentiss actually broke the rules to help Reid in the end.
  • Resolving everything in 84 mins. It was grating that the team suddenly went from saying "there's nothing we can do" to suddenly knowing people and finding evidence. If they wanted to do the serial properly, they should have sprinkled clues throughout the arc, not in the final 84 mins.

Yep totally agree with this. I mean for crying out loud it took the kidnapping of Reid's mother before his team finally decided to get their asses in gear and do something about his predicament.  As awful as Diana Reid's kidnapping had been, and thank goodness they got her back safe and sound, I shudder to think where her son might still be (probably prison) if she hadn't been kidnapped.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

Oh, I agree w/you there.

I was specifically talking abt Legal Counsel that the FBI cannot help with.

At the time of 'Red Light' when they ran the partial print that came back to Lindsey, I said to my husband "they've had this piece of evidence all along.  Why didn't they run it before?"

• Love 3

Yeah, the whole THING about the FBI insider who gave Cat this info.... it will probably never even be spoken about again. Can you imagine, in real life, a smart person like Spencer coming back to work for the FBI, knowing there was some FBI person who sold his personnel file to someone in exchange for –– OK, in exchange for what?! What did the mole in the FBI get for giving Cat the info on Spencer? If they even mention this on the show again, I'll be so surprised.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 4

I think if Shaw was in on the plot and knew something about the murder- requiring Reid to profile him in order to gain the missing piece that would exonerate him- it would have been better for the story. I would at least believe that Calvin Shaw would have a contact or two left in the FBI, or that he could access Reid's file himself somehow.

• Love 1