Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Solo

Drogo

During the team's efforts to thwart a Mejia weapons operation, Bryan is taken. As he relies on his ODNI training to survive, the team attempt a daring rescue. Meanwhile, Bryan and Asha take their relationship to the next level.

Argh...!! There is no worse insult than having the episode set place in Montreal while in reality it is in Toronto! And the production does a pretty sloppy job in their post-production edits: there is no streetcar in Montreal, in fact Toronto is the only Canadian city having an operational streetcar system; traffic signs in English only, like really?

Plot-wise, I can not understand it. Why make confrontation with Montreal Police? They cooperated with authorities in Switzerland, why not Canada? After all, Canada is the United States' closest ally, at least geographically.

Nobody, but nobody pronounce CSIS, Canadian intelligence service as C-S-I-S. It is see-sys. Even civilians do that.

I'll keep watching this show, but each episode is weaker than the one before. I'm willing to forgive a lot, I like Bryan and Jennifer Beale's character. But there are too many husky, dark bald guys, both bad and "good." I don't have a clue which is which. I do find the ginger team guy interesting, maybe because he's the only team member I can recognize. I really disliked the ending with the parents at dinner. WTH, is Bryan 16? The parents want to know his job to see if he's well-off enough to support their ADULT daughter? Then Bryan says he works for the gov but can't tell them any more. Way to start the parents gossiping at the country club, Bryan you dipstick.

The shorted guy on Brian's team reminds me of Sam from the movies, but he hasn't been called that on the series.  I'll hang onto this show as I find it more interesting than 24:Legacy (probaly not much of a standard though...)

On 4/11/2017 at 0:21 PM, saber5055 said:

But there are too many husky, dark bald guys, both bad and "good." I don't have a clue which is which. I do find the ginger team guy interesting, maybe because he's the only team member I can recognize.

There's Ginger Guy, Black Guy, Short Guy and Asian Guy (and one more Guy, I think).  On the home front, there Jennifer Beals, and two other women. 

But picking the gun-runner (Tomas) from the rest of his and Steak-Eater's crew was tough!

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

There's Ginger Guy, Black Guy, Short Guy and Asian Guy (and one more Guy, I think).  On the home front, there Jennifer Beals, and two other women. 

But picking the gun-runner (Tomas) from the rest of his and Steak-Eater's crew was tough!

The stories are not hooking me in and I am drifting from the B stories with the team bios. I guess one of them had some kind of criminal past or it was a joke they flew by in the bank robbery episode so I'm not sure which one. The black guy with a priest brother was some kind of local vigilante. One shorter Latino was Sergeant Grey in The Unit and I think of him as a retired Delta Force until told different. The other shorter Latino guy was a SERE instructor and that was shown in this episode. And mustache has to be Bryan's main friend in the Taken movies.

Edited by Raja

C7jW6jcWsAEddsA.jpg

Back:
Jose Pablo Cantillo is Bernie;  Michael Irby is Sam (or vice versa -- it's really hard to tell!)
Clive Standen is Bryan
Gaius Charles is John

Front:
Monique Gabriela Curnen is Vlasik
Jennifer Beals is Christina
Jennifer Marsala is Riley

Not shown: James Landry Hébert is Mark

19 hours ago, jhlipton said:

C7jW6jcWsAEddsA.jpg

Back:
Jose Pablo Cantillo is Bernie;  Michael Irby is Sam (or vice versa -- it's really hard to tell!)
Clive Standen is Bryan
Gaius Charles is John

Front:
Monique Gabriela Curnen is Vlasik
Jennifer Beals is Christina
Jennifer Marsala is Riley

Not shown: James Landry Hébert is Mark

I don't think Jennifer Beals is in that picture?  Nor is Monique G Curnen.  Jennifer Marsala is Riley on the lower left and I believe that's Brooklyn Sudano who plays Asha in the middle.  Looking at the IMDB page I think the woman on the lower right is named Layla Alizada, who plays Elena.

3 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

I don't think Jennifer Beals is in that picture?  Nor is Monique G Curnen.  Jennifer Marsala is Riley on the lower left and I believe that's Brooklyn Sudano who plays Asha in the middle.  Looking at the IMDB page I think the woman on the lower right is named Layla Alizada, who plays Elena.

So I got the guys right but not the women?  Why would they have Elena in the pic and not Christina????

The best part of the episode, for me, was that the team was willing to call Bryan out on his stuff that got him captured. They were happy, obviously, that he survived and they were able to rescue him, but he  was foolhardy to put both them and himself in that position. Too many shows gloss over the results of such behavior, and it was nice that this one pointed it out.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, jhlipton said:

So I got the guys right but not the women?  Why would they have Elena in the pic and not Christina????

I don't know what is the source of the picture? Jennifer Beals possibly being the best known doesn't translate in an "introducing" picture. Going into the show besides her I can only recognize "Alpha and Sierra", Giaus Charles and Michael Irby from regular roles on other shows. Sierra being Sam. the one I still see as Sergeant Grey from The Unit and the the chief henchman on Fast Five. He seems to be the team driver  normally.  Bernie being the Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE) instructor in this episode.

23 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Maybe she was at whatever gathering this is and Christina wasn't? Or she could have left early maybe?  I don't know I personally think it's weird too, to not have the other two regular women characters but have this person who appears like twice. :)

@Raja -  I only knew Jennifer and Clive.  Jennifer from geez I remember her going all the way back to Flashdance, I even saw her in The Bride, with Sting, in the movie theatre as a teenager. LOL  Clive first from Robin Hood and then from Vikings.  I kind of vaguely recognized a couple of the others, particularly Irby and oddly Marsala though I don't know from where in her case, I honestly think it may have been a commercial lol, but couldn't have named them.

Edited by tessathereaper

. Bryan doesn't even have a partner for us to latch onto first and then we get the stories of other squad members down the line like most cop shows have done. We are getting McGarrett and the rest without the legacy names like the Hawaii 5-0 characters who trade up being Steve's partner since the second season had. Even with the squad members getting a B story I am still at team leader, driver, white guy from the movie stage. Maybe with seven episodes aired I should be further ahead

Edited by Raja