Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Sweet Caroline

The mafia seeks revenge on Harlee by framing her for murder. As Harlee works against the clock - and her own crew - to cover her tracks, Wozniak fights to keep his cop-family together when evidence of an old crime puts pressure on the already splintering team. Stahl cozies up to Cristina, getting one step closer to the truth about Miguel.

How did the IA guy find out Donnie was gay?  And that Woz was his lover?  Or at least I think that's what that final scene was implying. 

I am amused by ever instance where we learn more about Woz and his kinky and open-to-anything sex life.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

How did the IA guy find out Donnie was gay?  And that Woz was his lover?  Or at least I think that's what that final scene was implying. 

I am amused by ever instance where we learn more about Woz and his kinky and open-to-anything sex life.

I'm guessing the selfie he found of Woz and Donnie was a huge tip-off. It was very couple-y, not just guys being dudes being pals. Maybe from there he started asking around and things just started to point in that direction.

And right? Woz's life may be crumbling around him but he's still got his priorities!

Eight more bullets in Harlee's gun? Her main objective has to be to find it and get it back, no? She and Woz are going to have to come up with a story for the rest of the crew eventually. They can't keep burying murder investigations with no explanation.

So Julia did know about Caroline. Damn, she's cold. I like it for fiction but as an NYC resident it's a little unsettling to think of someone like her as mayor.

Are there any limits to Stahl's creepiness? Next he'll be finding a way to turn Harlee's microwave into a camera. ;)

• Love 3

Yesterday I watched "Stahl" get shot dead on White Collar, and it was very satisfying. I wish someone would do the same on this show. I knew that flash drive was going to be some spy bug. Because kids use their laptops in their bedrooms and Stahl is a perv. The lengths Woz goes to to save his crew is beyond words. And the circular storyline of the money showing up ... holy cow. Writers really had the big picture, kudos to them. I liked Tess this episode, she finally had great dialogue and storyline. I want to tell her and Lohman to keep it together, I'm thinking they are heading for a IA breakdown. Then ... so sorry to see DA guy break up with Harlee, but seriously, can anyone blame him? Bad things are happening indeed.

Microwave camera ... LOL! Great line.

• Love 2

Just when I think Stahl can't get any creepier, he does! And Christina...UGH!  She treats Stahl like he's her BFF. I was surprised she didn't let the "retired" cop come in the house and wait for Harlee.  Woz is a super freak! Dude is up, literally, for anything and anyone!  I'm kinda over the IA guy - he's better in small doses.  Glad to see Tess finally got some more screen time.  I know I'm biased here because I have a crush on Gino Anthony Pesi (ADA Nava), but I thought he was excellent when he was glaring at Harlee while Tess and her were questioning him on the courthouse steps.  

• Love 4

Stahl -- seriously....stop being creepy.  You're making it increasingly difficult for me to not want anything at all good to happen to you.  Ever.

Woz...Oh, Woz....how do I love thee....let me count the ways.  Switching out bullets in a corpse to protect Harlee....then going all 'Afternoon Delight'.  Is it totally wrong I wish they had a 'Cops:  Woz Edition.'

• Love 8

I forgot to mention that I loved the return of Caddy (even if he did kind of mess things up by using the DEA money to buy a fake ID). He was such a great little side character last season and every time I'm sure we've seen the last of him he pops back up! I liked how understanding he was that Cristina wouldn't unlock the door for him.

Also, I kind of loved the irony that if Harlee, Espada, and Tufo had just taken the money, they would have far fewer problems.

Is there a reason Harlee didn't want her relationship with Nava getting out, even before her gun was used to kill Caroline? It's not improper for a DA to have a relationship with a cop, is it? Nava certainly looked like he wanted her to just spill the beans when she and Tess were questioning him.

• Love 1

FF through Cristina scenes with Stahl but got the gist of what was going on. She'll probably give the envelope from Caddy to her new bestie Stahl. 

Woz, Woz, Woz, how I love you, you are up for anyone and anything. 

• Love 2

Not one of my favorite episode but a lot happened and Tess had finally something more to do than following Woz and be behind a desk.

They need to give Nava more personality, I'm not really buying that Harlee care so much about him.

Woz really is full of surprises and I bet we've only seen half of it.

• Love 2
(edited)

I hate that there was such a huge lapse between seasons, because I forget so much, but did we know Woz's first name was Matt? That was a WTF moment for me when she called him "Matt". The name Matt is totally fine, he just doesn't look like a Matt to me. 

I'm a weirdo.

Edited by nkotb
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, nkotb said:

I hate that there was such a huge lapse between seasons, because I forget so much, but did we know Woz's first name was Matt? That was a WTF moment for me when she called him "Matt". The name Matt is totally fine, he just doesn't look like a Matt to me. 

I'm a weirdo.

yeah we knew, his wife and Donnie called him Matt in the first season.

Edited by eliza
  • Love 2

Ray Liotta continues to impress as Woz. Who knew this would be my favorite character. At this point, the entire crew could go down, as long as Woz gets out unscathed.  I continue to dislike Christina.  Surely, the writers can figure out a way to write this character out of the show.  How far away is she from attending college?
Harlee is starting to be more trouble than she is worth. 

Glad this show got renewed for Season 3, inspite of tepid ratings. Hoping it eventually finds an audience. 

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, helenamonster said:

I forgot to mention that I loved the return of Caddy (even if he did kind of mess things up by using the DEA money to buy a fake ID). He was such a great little side character last season and every time I'm sure we've seen the last of him he pops back up! I liked how understanding he was that Cristina wouldn't unlock the door for him.

Also, I kind of loved the irony that if Harlee, Espada, and Tufo had just taken the money, they would have far fewer problems.

Is there a reason Harlee didn't want her relationship with Nava getting out, even before her gun was used to kill Caroline? It's not improper for a DA to have a relationship with a cop, is it? Nava certainly looked like he wanted her to just spill the beans when she and Tess were questioning him.

I would say that it is a conflict of interest, at best.  I remember an episode this season when Nava was cross-examining Harlee on the stand and I thought it was inappropriate then.

At the very least, it would call into question any cases that they worked together.   She may give him inside information on the case and vice versa - even by accident. Pillow talk is a powerful thing.

• Love 1