Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Episodes Discussion

The new series kicks off with new business ventures, new friendships and a brand new girl in town. How will she cope entering the lion's den? The manicured nails are sharpened and ready as old feuds and bitter rivalries are reignited.

Well that went off with a bang!

I don't know if I like the new girl, but I do like what she's bringing to the group.

Ampika and Lauren are, yet again, my favorite duo.  I'm also continuing to like Leanne.  Stacey and Seema cozying up to Dawn is a bit odd, but whatever, I love hate-watching Dawn because I know she just can't get out of her own way.  Tanya is absolutely gorgeous.

Too bad that miserable wench Missé keeps showing up throughout the series like the stench of last night's fish wafting out every time you open the rubbish bin, but it looks like she gets shut down in the series 5 preview, so maybe that'll be worth it.

Welcome back, ladies!

• Love 2

I never would have guessed back in season 1 that Leanne would become one of my favorites.  She, Lauren & Ampika are the best.  And I love Ampika & Lauren playing the field together and ditching those boys at the restaurant.  Hey boys, if you can't keep your glee at being on TV in check long enough to play out your fakeass scene…you will not he asked back.

I don't care about anything Missè or Dawn.  Wait, I lied, the new puppy was seriously cute as hell.  And Ester asking Dawn if all her kids have the same father? DEAD.  

Are Ester & her hubby swingers?  That could spice things up.  But she'll get snatched by Ampika if she doesn't stop flirting with Mark.  

• Love 2
On 3/29/2017 at 6:18 PM, OnceSane said:

I never would have guessed back in season 1 that Leanne would become one of my favorites.

I know, right??  I hated Leanne back then!  I'm also surprised at how far Tanya has fallen in my eyes.  My opinions of Dawn, Ampika and Lauren have stayed constant, though.  I guess that means that regardless of what I think otherwise about her, Dawn is at least authentic and true to herself, right?

Episode 2:

"Social Friends"

Tension grows between Leanne and Dawn. Seema and Stacey's sophisticated celebration for their new business venture ends in drama

Airs April 3, 2017.

Mrs Bucket can fuck right off.

Esther is a cartoon. Why did we need her? Bring back Magali! Speaking of...she was right about Dawn all along. Dawn owes Leanne and her husband $500K which is why they arent speaking. Housewives' contracts must be different overseas because Leanne and hubby are suing Dawn.

Lol Dawn knows her lips dont look good so everyone made a point of mentioning them to reassure her. 

When will the producers realize people tune in in spite of Dawn Ward not because of her.

• Love 1

@Drumpf1737 well I'm not sure, but it seems that the suit isn't over anything pertaining to the show itself; maybe that's where the line is being drawn.

The only way Leanne could have come off as more likeable and endearing is if she had referred to herself as "Dawn's Hoover" instead of "puppet" because that would have given the editors an excuse to flashback to Ampika's brilliant pantomime.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have absolutely no clue who is right or wrong in the impending lawsuit,

however here is my take on just watching these women for 5 seasons now.

Dawn is brash and a bit overbearing but she doesn't pretend she is not.

Ampika from what has been shown is all about peace and love and enlightenment when it suits her but has been holding onto a grudge with Dawn for not soliciting her services at her salon for years.....

Leanne says she is a good friend and was manipulated yet never truly defended Dawn when her other friends basically tried to ice her out, and now this season there will be an encore performance; and yes Leanne you were a chitty friend and I never saw Dawn ask you to only be her friend once, she just told you what was gonna happen and she was right.

Misse or is it Miss E or A can't tell with the strong accent sometimes and I am talking about the Cheshire accent?!? She seems genuinely nice and she and Dawn have grown close so of course it hurts her to see the shambles and devastation that was once a true friendship.

Lauren well I like Lauren but she is a chit stirrer too, but I don't think she is malicious more misguided.

Stacey seems actually more likeable to me now not because she suddenly changed but because she is consistent, which strangely for me means she is not in fact putting on airs & graces but rather has chosen to try and better herself and her circumstances and is trying to live up to her own idea of the kind of "Lady" she indeed wants to be, that takes some character.

Seema (Spelling) hope I spelled that right because I would not intend to offend, she seems like a nice loyal and graceful woman, thankful for her business which she works hard for; her husband and family whom she adores and thankful for her friends despite the fact that most of them do not know how to behave in public.

Tanya, I love you girl, must suck trying to be Switzerland.

The New Girl I can't remember her name but I remember she said she was Czech, well she's a tad outrageous and obviously didn't got to charm school, she is inappropriate and basically ignorant of the nuances behind these friendships, she wants to be memorable and cause a stir but I don't think she has enough grasp of the English language or rather what is unspoken and implied to really mean any deliberate harm but she can sure ruffle some feathers and apparently not just the women's; which is why I think Ampika of all people finds her so objectionable.

Edited by hecate2909

Episode 3:

"The Elephant in the Room"

Dawn is shocked at Leanne's recent outburst. Lauren shoots a glamorous commercial for her perfume. Stacey reveals her latest art exhibit. There is major drama as the ladies gather for dinner, with tension brewing around the table and insults flying between Misse and Ampika.

Airs April 10, 2017.

I can't stand Ampika. She's the one person on the cast that outwardly criticizes others for behaviour she is also guilty of and in the meantime always want to be the centre of attention. She could go far away from my screen. 

Lauren I've always loved and her tag line this season is so fitting but I love that Lauren doesn't pretend or apologize for who she is. I think that's why all of them can't help but love her and have moved past grievances with her. 

Tanya's son is absolutely adorable. 

Why would Dawn need to borrow money from Leanne anyway? Dawn doesn't contest that money was borrowed but again, why? You live in a big ass house, two jobs and a ridiculous amount of money that was made by your footballer husband - why would you ever need to borrow that amount of cash for?

Who the fuck goes to someone's home or business, criticizes it, snickers behind their back with other people then cries when they get called on their shit? A fucking bitch that's who. That crying when called on your shit is the oldest trick in the book and I'm sick of it. 

The fact that Dawn hates Ampika will keep me in Pik's corner for life. Dawn Ward is a shady character who was convicted of assault and now has essentially stolen money from her best friend. Although I'm going to need Pik to get a storyline STAT.

Why won't Misse just go away?

Seema and Mrs Bucket are so smug. When the court finds for Leanne and her husband it will be interesting to see their reaction.

• Love 3

Seema & Stacey obviously think their new restaurant won't give them enough story aka airtime.  That's the only reason I can see why they'd side with Dawn.  Or they felt Missé would be overwhelmed with the immense task of licking Dawn's ass since she's only a "friend of" this season.  I died when Ampika brought up Missé's status.  DIED.  Love when they break the fourth wall to put someone in their place!

IDK the details of the lawsuit, but I'd believe Leanne over Dawn in a heartbeat…Dawn has repeatedly shown how petty she can be.

New girl is doing the most to insure she's asked back for Season 6.  Try hard on all levels.  Someone needs to call Magali & beg her to return.

• Love 3

I'm loving this cast and this season!  I, too, wish Magali and her Thunder Clouds would make a return, but new girl is a crazy blow-up doll, and her tagline delivery is ON POINT.  She's like a Czech version of Bubbles from Ab-Fab.

Ampika shutting down Missé was GOLD.  The only way it could've been made of more ownage would be if Ampika had somehow worked-in the bit about how Dawn humiliated Missé and called her a currant-face, and now she's licking Dawn's ass...how there are 8 STRONG women and that's why she's now only a "Guest."  Missé's new hair is good, though, but I need her to go away.

Stacey and Seema aren't bugging me, but the heart of this franchise will always be the original ladies.  Ampika and Lauren are my favorite duo, and now that Leanne has a voice I'm liking her, too.  Dawn still gets the hate-watching, and Tanya is the weakest link of the originals for me.

Honestly, I'm kind of digging New Girl and her obvious bullshit--it's so brazen the others are so taken-aback and don't know how to react, and that's fun to watch a group of reality tv veterans struggle to make sense of a situation hehe.

• Love 3

Episode 4:

"Read All About It"

The dinner party drama continues. Dawn and Leanne’s feud hits the headlines, but who leaked the story to the papers? Tanya is summoned to a meeting with Dawn, and there’s a surprise in store for the girls and talk of wedding bells at Warford Hall.

Airs April 17, 2017.

OMG!!! Are these women really going to oust Dawn?!! That would be amazing.

Dawn is obsessed with Ampika. She's like a cartoon villain dissolving into self-pitying tears because someone dared speak truth to her bullshit.

Looks like Royster and Nick get a free wedding since no one wants to film with Dawn. 

Tanya looked beautiful this episode. The foursome of Lauryn, Ampika, LeAnne, Tanya is engaging and fun to watch. They are the best combination of women across the entire franchise. If they want to add drama once in a while invite Countess Luann to summer in Cheshire [lol].

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 2

What always fascinated me about this franchise was that there were real friendships that weren't formed for TV. Watching those disintegrate this season makes this the least scripted housewives franchise for me. There's no need for drawn out petty feuds when there's legitimate fractures in the cast. I'm leery to pick a side, but i never liked any of the ladies much except Lauren anyway. 

• Love 2

Episode 5:

"Every Dog Has Its Day"

Lauren has some friendly advice for Dawn, while Ampika takes Ester for a very awkward spa day and Sam Reece makes a surprise appearance at Seema's work.

Airs April 24, 2017.

On 4/11/2017 at 5:33 PM, RHJunkie said:

Why would Dawn need to borrow money from Leanne anyway? Dawn doesn't contest that money was borrowed but again, why? You live in a big ass house, two jobs and a ridiculous amount of money that was made by your footballer husband - why would you ever need to borrow that amount of cash for?

Um, sounds like the classic case of living beyond your means. Maybe someone at some point was struggling to keep up appearances 

MTE, @lilsadone.  Methinks Dawn tried too hard to keep up with the Joneses and didn't have the money to pay a creditor or something.  So Leanne lends her the money & Dawn is shocked that Leanne expects the money back.  I guess Dawn thought Leanne was so up Dawn's ass that she'd forget--but that's not the case.  I wonder if this caused a strain between Leanne & her husband.  Regardless, Dawn should have paid her back, not doing so (or at least explaining why she might have to pay it back in installments) is super shady.  And all the cute dogs in the world won't hide that.

I'm not a fan of Dubai, but I'm looking forward to their trip because there should be plenty of drama.  Ampika said she was inviting all the housewives…does this mean Missé gets one too?  I will laugh if she doesn't, ya know, since she's just a "friend of" this season.

I am also curious to see if Ester's husband plans to Camille Grammar her, Missé's ex managed it fairly easily it seems…

• Love 2

Episode 6:

"Dubai Bound"

The housewives jet off to Dubai, but will they have a relaxing break away from all the dramas in Cheshire or will there be tears, tantrums and big surprises in the sunshine?

Airs May 1, 2017.

15 hours ago, strongoxman said:

You know, it may have taken 5 seasons to get here, but DAMN if this isn't one of the best Housewives seasons to date!

Right?  This has been fucking fantastic!  I can't say I love Ester, but she's willing to shit-stir for my enjoyment.  OTOH, I hate when women pretend to be stupid so I'm hoping she's genuinely dumb (though that doesn't seem to be the case).

I don't like Ester, and I think she's just pretending to be the confused foreign bimbo who knows exactly what she's doing.  I loved all the women cursing her out, though, at the end of last episode and her just standing there like a bobble head blinking ridiculously.  I low-key want a GIF of that.

• Love 1

I would just love Ester more if she´s not dumb and is playing kind of evil on top of it all. The thing about this bunch is that you never know how anything will play out. I don´t even hate Dawn. I´m bored with Sheema and mrs bucket, I wish they weren´t there because they don´t add anything. I can´t even tell them apart.

Episode 7:

"There's Something About Ester"

The Housewives' glamorous trip to Dubai continues. Stacey celebrates her birthday in style, and tongues start wagging about Ester's strange behaviour.

Airs May 8, 2017.

I love that this iteration breaks the fourth wall. Soon Ampika will congratulate Ester on what a good "job" she's doing.

I don't think I care about Ester's arrangement. 

Leave it to Dawn to make someone  else's wedding about her.

• Love 1

Episode 8:

"Nice Day for a Gay Wedding"

It's Nick and Royston's big day as they renew their vows at Warford Hall, but will everyone attend? And Ester comes clean about her secret double life with some big revelations to the Housewives.

Airs May 15, 2017.

Episode 9:

"The Smiling Assassins"

The ladies gather for Leanne's swimwear launch. Meanwhile, there is fallout from Ester's big revelation, and Dawn is on the warpath with Lauren.

Airs May 22, 2017.

OMG Dawn is just the worst!!  Loved the Lauren/Tanya/Dawn sit-down, though too bad it came at the expense of Ampika's seance.  BTW, I'm pretty sure Dawn's girls are just a bit too old to be getting godparents now, but hey, whatever floats their full-of-shit boat!

• Love 1

Episode 10:

"A Midsummer Night's Mare"

In the series finale, Tanya hosts a glamorous midsummer party to celebrate the launch of her new boutique, but the positive vibes do not last long when Ester clashes with Ampika, Seema and Stacey. The mood fails to improve, and the evening culminates in a spectacular showdown between Leanne and Dawn.

Airs May 29, 2017.

NEED MAGALI BACK NEXT SEASON THOUGH!!, She seemed to have some dirt on Dawn Ward, dropped a few comments about her apparently cheating watches and cars off of her charity business dealings and stuff about closing down and setting up new companies?, indicated that she was a bit dodgy with money, greedy and that always stayed in the back of my mind and now to hear about all the money issues and her dishonesty with Leanne who was apparently her best friend for 14 years, I would love to hear the real word on the street in "Sheshire" NOW!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, aberdeenhousewife said:

NEED MAGALI BACK NEXT SEASON THOUGH!!, She seemed to have some dirt on Dawn Ward, dropped a few comments about her apparently cheating watches and cars off of her charity business dealings and stuff about closing down and setting up new companies?, indicated that she was a bit dodgy with money, greedy and that always stayed in the back of my mind and now to hear about all the money issues and her dishonesty with Leanne who was apparently her best friend for 14 years, I would love to hear the real word on the street in "Sheshire" NOW!!!

Can you provide any link ? because it seems -for me- coming out of nowhere ! Thanks a lot

Episode 11:

"At Home with the Real Housewives of Cheshire"

Brian Dowling goes behind the scenes to meet women in their homes to find out what really goes on behind the closed doors of the reality show.

Airs June 5, 2017.

1 minute ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I didn't bother to watch. I am waiting for Dawn Ward to apologize for being a thief, a shit talker and a bitch.

Do you have links to provide ? Because I searched with the company of my friend Google, and I'm still not understanding what really happened between those two :(

On 2017-06-07 at 4:41 PM, Diane Mars said:

Do you have links to provide ? Because I searched with the company of my friend Google, and I'm still not understanding what really happened between those two :(

There's not much available in terms of the specifics but it seems the money was given under Wes' company as a loan to Dawn's interior business. Per the article below, it's said the money was lent back in 2013 with the condition that it was payable with interest after six months. Apparently Dawn has not paid any of that money back. Another article said that there is a dispute of the existence of the loan - if proof of a verbal contract can stand up in court, how in the world can there be dispute over whether a loan exists when you have a registered company lending the money? How could the paperwork not clearly indicate the conditions of the loan?

Why Dawn needs a loan when she lives in a mansion and prances around as if she's rolling in dough is another story. I was wondering what would make Leanne now question Dawn's intentions of paying back the loan when it was taken way back in 2013 and the only thing that I can think of is that after Dawn opened her cosmetic spa last season, Leanne may have approached her about the loan thinking that Dawn must have money to repay the loan if she's able to invest money in another business. Dawn shot Leanne down and clearly gave Leanne the impression that Dawn had no intentions of actually repaying the loan.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2842887/lawyers-called-in-after-tempers-flare-on-set-as-reality-telly-wives-of-footie-aces-wes-brown-and-ashley-ward-feud-over-500000-loan/

• Love 2