Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Stone Child

Damn, I hate Mary Sibley.  What an evil bitch.

Yep. I'm not finding anything redeeming about her. I am interested in how she went from seemingly nice, unwed pregnant girl to Witch Supreme. I'm digging on Seth Gable, though. He seems like he's having a blast with this role. 

• Love 1

In the first episode I kind of thought that the chick who helped Mary with the abortion may have been working some mojo on her given the contrast between how Mary was in the flashback and how she is now, so to speak.  They had a second scene later in the episode that sort of reinforced that idea for me.  Now I'm not so sure what to think.  But I still think the show is great tacky fun.  So many anachronisms... good times.

I hope we get more into the witch hierarchy soon, because I'm a bit confused at the moment.  Whatever the plan is, it seems like Mary is suppose to run the show, but both Tituba and the Magistrate seem to have some kind seniority over her, and certainly don't talk to her like underlings.  And, yet, they seem powerless to really stop her whenever they disagree with something.  And there was a mention of some other "elders", so I wonder what this all about.  Hopefully, this is all going to be explained in future episodes.

Also, it sound like whatever her plan is, it involves sacrificing nine more (now eight) people, before a certain moon.  I wonder what the requirements are, because, as evil as it would have been, she could have had Mercy accuse the other two helpers and the prostitute, and already be almost halfway done.

I know she's one of the good ones, but Anne bugs.  Tamzin Merchant is just an underwhelming actress, IMO.

Still mainly around for Seth Gabel and Janet Montgomery.

• Love 1

I wonder what the requirements are, because, as evil as it would have been, she could have had Mercy accuse the other two helpers and the prostitute, and already be almost halfway done.

I remember Mary - - or someone- - saying in this episode that the people sacrificed had to be "innocent."  I think that's why the prostitutes aren't being accused.

I remember Mary - - or someone- - saying in this episode that the people sacrificed had to be "innocent."  I think that's why the prostitutes aren't being accused.

I think she meant "innocents" as in innocent of witchcraft. 

And there was a mention of some other "elders", so I wonder what this all about.  Hopefully, this is all going to be explained in future episodes.

What I gathered from this, is that Magistrate and the elders were old school witches of the old world who couldn't manage to do whatever it is they are now having Mary do here in the new world. (Get their own Country? I think is what Cotton said, whatever it is, they'll get it on the blood moon or something.) So its basically old school vs new school witches. And so far the OGs don't like the way Mary is handling things.

So I can't watch this show live because of the gore/creep factor (I'm weird but I have to watch that stuff when I'm reasonably sure it won't keep me up late on a work night thinking or just saying "Oh gross" over and over) but I'm still enjoying it. I felt really bad for poor Sister Bishop and I find the push and pull of Alden and Sibley interesting to watch so far.

Who do I have to pay to get rid of Anne though? She just bugs. I don't want them to hang her or anything, maybe just banish her off to New York or something?

I'm worried for poor Isaac the fornicator now. Is his name Isaac? Too many characters to keep track of but I like that kid.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 2

That was just gross.  And I continue to be disturbed by the fact and the way they keep Mercy all shackled and tortured.

And just what the FUCK is Mary's problem? Alden did NOT desert her; he didn't know she was pregnant. And I mentioned it before, but other than George Sibley, who has ever treated Mary so bad or shabbily that she's intent on killing all people innocent of witchcraft? It's not as if she's a born witch--she made a fucking deal with the devil, aborted her child so she could have power...and for what? I need some kind of explanation. Because at this point, I just want to bitchslap her and snatch her bald.

Is it the show runner's idea to be as gross and disgusting as they possibly can and see what they can get away with on basic cable? I'll take the grossness and supernaturalness of Sleepy Hollow over this.

• Love 3