Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Tomorrow

Sleepy-412_SCN18_TR0011_hires1+%255Bwww.

With a glimpse into the dystopian world that could be if Dreyfuss comes to power, the team learns more about Lara. Knowing what is at stake, can Team Witness put a stop to the billionaire mad man before it's too late?

Promos

24 minutes ago, janeta said:

I like Lara better than Molly....

If you change some things around and get rid of others, this could've been a much better season, like having Lara at the start of the season to establish her better and make the twist stronger instead of just in the last 3 episodes.

Edited by Free
  • Love 3

Henry is like the bad penny that finds its way in to your life.

Lara is much more interesting and age-appropriate. And a bit darker. Just seemed to come from nowhere to tidy up the meandering 13 episode season. The dark Dreyfuss world needed a bit more dystopia.

The ep, as a whole, didn't really hold my interest.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Henry is like the bad penny that finds its way in to your life.

Lara is much more interesting and age-appropriate. And a bit darker. Just seemed to come from nowhere to tidy up the meandering 13 episode season. The dark Dreyfuss world needed a bit more dystopia.

The ep, as a whole, didn't really hold my interest.

Yup, meandering is definitely the perfect word to describe the season because it was all over the place.

• Love 1

Oh, I completely forgot about them going back in time already. 

17 hours ago, Free said:

If you change some things around and get rid of others, this could've been a much better season, like having Lara at the start of the season to establish her better and make the twist stronger instead of just in the last 3 episodes.

I think story-wise it would have been more interesting if they started with Malcolm wanting to reform the horsemen and then we get sporadic flash forwards to "Lara" in the future with the horseman tromping all over the place. Both the reveal of Molly and then Diana as War should have been a huge reveal leading Molly to seek Crane and then get to this point. 

I don't think that would have taken too much tweaking. You still could have had Jobe be 'sealed' to Malcolm as part of it.

I know Henry isn't popular, but I do like the symmetry they were going for.

These last few episodes were entertaining. I like the story. I just wish they made this the plot for the season. I think it could have been quite good.

• Love 3

I enjoyed it, I just wonder if they will have older molly return to her time period or disapear. The last time they went back in time they undid what katrina tried to do, but now they had the past completely changed. Overall I thought the season was a step up from the last two, I just hope it has a good ending.

I enjoyed it, I just wonder if they will have older molly return to her time period or disapear. The last time they went back in time they undid what katrina tried to do, but now they had the past completely changed. Overall I thought the season was a step up from the last two, I just hope it has a good ending.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Oh, I completely forgot about them going back in time already. 

I think story-wise it would have been more interesting if they started with Malcolm wanting to reform the horsemen and then we get sporadic flash forwards to "Lara" in the future with the horseman tromping all over the place. Both the reveal of Molly and then Diana as War should have been a huge reveal leading Molly to seek Crane and then get to this point. 

I don't think that would have taken too much tweaking. You still could have had Jobe be 'sealed' to Malcolm as part of it.

I know Henry isn't popular, but I do like the symmetry they were going for.

These last few episodes were entertaining. I like the story. I just wish they made this the plot for the season. I think it could have been quite good.

We could've avoided that whole fake mock trial with Henry because that was definitely the weakest episode for me imo.

I think they could've fleshed out Lara some more, have her be part of the team, establish her more so the reveal could be more effective, even the Ichabod being the Horsemen of War felt too short imo.

• Love 1

So this is what I posted in Ep 11 thread

Well here are things that I don't understand about the timeline and how the time travel thing of future Molly works. Molly was sent back with the help of Ichabod, who now is the horseman of war. So, if he s the War and Molly's mom is still alive, there is no way Ichabod would have sent the future Molly and hence she shouldn't exist in this timeline.

Edit: I forgot what Dreyfuss said, "See if I don't, that means you won't ever be, will you?" That answers my question, still didn't watch EP12, so I don't know who's in it and who's not.

And now i'm confused again, if what Dreyfuss says is true then future Molly shouldn't even exist in this timeline. Unless the future turns out to be the same regardless of what they(The team) do to change it, then it would make sense.

And I don't even know why they have all those protective runes and markings in the Vault if Jobe can get in and out of there as he wishes to. That means he can get into the vault and kill all of them any time he wants.

Eh, this isn't really a sticking point for me. There's no standard set of time travel rules, cf. Doctor Who. She left her own timeline, shooting Crane instead of Diana made the timelines bifurcate and now she's in this one. Timey whimey, wibbly wobbley. 

Honestly, the show should have had much more snarky Malcolm, "So you just found someone in the woods?!"

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Eh, this isn't really a sticking point for me. There's no standard set of time travel rules, cf. Doctor Who. She left her own timeline, shooting Crane instead of Diana made the timelines bifurcate and now she's in this one. Timey whimey, wibbly wobbley. 

Honestly, the show should have had much more snarky Malcolm, "So you just found someone in the woods?!"

Dreyfuss just isn't interesting enough, he's just awkward.  Making the main villain an evil tech mogul wasn't a good choice.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I knew Jenny was right not to trust Henry! How did he get out of the circle?

I was surprised that they had Diana be the loved one that Lara used to connect with Crane. Seriously? They've known each other like five minutes.

Yeah, this is exactly why this twist would've been more effective in the previous seasons and had it lasted longer than 1 episode.

• Love 1

This storyline is actually interesting but it's rushed -- more of the season should have been about this. It took too long to get here. I could envision this storyline with Abbie still here and a new future witness from dystopian future coming back then Crane/Abbie having to figure it all out and avoid their fates.

Show is still hampered by lack of chemistry between Ichabod and Diana.  Liked the future Molly with Ichabod -- that has some potential. 

Scoobies have shaped up.

Shame they can't reform/redeem Jobe into a part-time Scooby.

You could even have it be a future Abbie in a timeline where Crane died too. On paper, the overall story is entertaining, but they just didn't pace it or plot it right. They really dropped the ball with Jobe too. 

• Love 2

Oh, great.  Freaking Henry is back.  I get that John Noble is awesome, but it just reeks of desperation, like they realize that Dreyfuss and his main arc are a bust, so they are hoping Noble can class up the joint.  I guess I should just count my blesses that it wasn't Katrina.  Although, we still have one episode left....

Ichabod's time as Horseman of War sure didn't last long, but the scenes with Lara/Older Molly was decent, I guess.  If nothing else, I'm glad that Seychelle Gabriel is doing a good job because, again, her Lourdes from Falling Skies was the worst.

Jenny and the Sidekicks taking on undead Hessians was kind of fun, although a bit too quick.

Diana clearly has never seen time-traveling shows, because her wanting to pick up her Molly while Lara was still there, was clearly a bad idea, because nothing good ever comes out meeting your future self.

The opening with Jenny as a resistance fighter was fitting, if bleak.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Oh, great.  Freaking Henry is back.  I get that John Noble is awesome, but it just reeks of desperation, like they realize that Dreyfuss and his main arc are a bust, so they are hoping Noble can class up the joint.  I guess I should just count my blesses that it wasn't Katrina.  Although, we still have one episode left....

Agreed, it's probably why they dropped in the Horsemen in the last few episodes as well.

On 3/28/2017 at 11:35 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Diana clearly has never seen time-traveling shows, because her wanting to pick up her Molly while Lara was still there, was clearly a bad idea, because nothing good ever comes out meeting your future self.

Catching up on the season and totally agree that it's never a good idea to cross your own time line, again courtesy of Dr. Who.  I think Rose tried it once and brought on a plague of pterodactyls or something like that.