Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Duet

Trini
  • Start Topic

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎21 at 6:14 PM, Lantern7 said:

Sara and Amaya would take turns kicking the crap out of him before Mick set him ablaze.

That gave me a good laugh! I can totally see it.

• Love 2
On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:55 AM, blaksheba said:

Agreed, to me her voice was extremely thin, I don't know anything about her as an actress/performer beyond Supergirl, so I gave it a pass and said "Ok, this is no biggie, she's an actress 1st, not  a singer, and this episode is about actors singing." I decided I would go with the flow, until the "Put a Little Love in Your Heart" performance, where everyone was stellar, then I realized this was a for-real for-real musical and Benoist being the lead on it disappointed me a bit.

Grant has said in an interview that when they recorded the music both him and Melissa were ill and their voices were horrible.

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:19 AM, Lady Calypso said:

It's fairly simple to follow season 2, even if you haven't seen season 1. You only miss minor plot points here and there. I do recommend watching season 1 at some point, though. It really is a great season because it's so female focused. And definitely watch the first Flash/SG crossover in season 1. Barry goes over to her earth and it is highly entertaining (with TWO female villains in that episode! TWO!). 

I would also recommend the episodes 1x16 and 1x13  

Spoiler

(the one with Red Kryptonite and the one with Black Mercy).

On 3/21/2017 at 9:05 PM, Jediknight said:

Just put Barry and Kara together.  Their chemistry is insane, just do it show.  And on the shallow end, just when you thought Melissa Benoist couldn't look even more beautiful, she was in that dress.

The sparks between those two capture everything that is missing from the Barry/Iris relationship.   Iris the character, and the actress, have been all wrong from the start.

The episode was silly but the Barry/Kara duo kept it chugging along.   I kinda felt bad when it was Iris whom Barry had to propose to at the end.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, doram said:

It's no news that many fans concluded that there was something wrong with Candice Payton's casting from the moment she was announced, before a single episode of the show was shot let alone aired. ?

She's a mediocre and not very engaging actress.   Her character is weak and somewhat inconsequential.   The good news is, she's not the worst character/actor on the show.   That would be Wally. 

• Love 1

I completely 'ship Barry and Kara... as friends. I feel they're a little too similar to each other to work as a romantic couple. It's more like both Grant and Melissa are those type actors that have chemistry with nearly everyone.

37 minutes ago, doram said:

Romantic Barry/Oliver makes more sense, chemistry-wise, than Barry/Kara.

Yeah, Barry needs someone opposite his personality.

• Love 2

My favorite is still the Brigadoom episode of Lexx, which is less a music theater episode and mire a full on operatic one (with the main motives taken from Eastern European children’s songs). 

Having said that, I really enjoyed this-mostly because they have such an awesome cast when it comes to singing ability. 

I hate and I mean hate when the shows I watch do these dreadful singing episodes. The only time I accept music coming out of nowhere and people singing and dancing impromptu is in Broadway musicals and The Sound of Music. If I wanted to watch a singing tv show, I would have watched Glee, Smash, etc., but I didn't because I don't want to watch that crap! It totally ruins the show for me, swinging a sledge hammer through the fourth wall. A singing superhero is stupid! Not only that, but the episode played up Kara and Mon-El as having this great love comparable to Iris and Barry and he isn't even on Supergirl any more so why did they bother? Let's not forget Barry proposing to Iris again after screwing up a couple episodes previously. Instead of that happy reaction, Iris should have responded, "are you sure this time?" 

As for Barry and Kara as a couple... RME.