Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E17: Name Game

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

When Bull fronts the money to help thousands of people bring a class action suit against a corrupt bank, he stands to lose his business if he doesn’t win at trial. Also, Benny hurts the case when he’s distracted by his attraction to a client and his anxiety over a secret he’s keeping from Bull,

This was definitely one of the dumbest episodes I've seen. It felt thrown together and was tied up too quickly and in Bull's favor of course.. I normally have to suspend disbelief but this was ridiculous.  I liked the premise of this show when it first started but now it's lost me. 

• Love 1

I have to say that, even as dirty as that company was, if you don't at least go meet your financial advisor in person and get some assurance that they're legal, you bear some responsibility for your own losses.  Even if you are a cute schoolteacher.

I did like Bull getting tripped up by the judge's appearance at the coffee shop.

• Love 1

I was wondering if Bull's comment about the judge never stepping into a coffee shop until that day, was the precursor to finding out that there were some shenanigans on the other side, or with the judge or something. Kind of a missed opportunity IMO.

That company's practices with seeking people out and selling when it was high and letting the people lose everything, obviously is mean, unkind, jerk-y, etc, but is it actually illegal? I felt like all they could prove was that the people who worked there had the *intent* to scam those people, which is that illegal? Again, it's not very nice, but it's not illegal to be not very nice.

• Love 1

I wish Benny would tell Bull about his secret. I don't think he'll be able to "get it together" (as Bull insisted he do) without getting that weight off his shoulders.

I can't believe we're almost all the way through one season, and I feel like I know next to nothing about Bull and his own inner workings. That's really annoying to me. Why should I care about him? 

• Love 1

I caught part of a Dr. Phil show the other day.  It is scary how accurately Michael Weatherly channels Dr. Phil's mannerisms, postures, and way of speaking.  You don't see it right away, because there is very, very little physical resemblance between them (other than the fact that MW is looking a bit stouter lately than his NCIS days) but once you see it, you'll be astounded.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, JessDVD said:

I was wondering if Bull's comment about the judge never stepping into a coffee shop until that day, was the precursor to finding out that there were some shenanigans on the other side, or with the judge or something. Kind of a missed opportunity IMO.

I thought the same thing; then again, if nothing else, this show has me suspecting Bull of setting up everything and for a while I thought the judge thing was his way of getting Benny to tell him what was going on.

• Love 1

I also would have preferred that the screen time devoted to romantic tension between Benny and the teacher, have been spent on the Benny not telling Bull about his stuff. Also would have preferred that he just told Bull his stuff.

• Love 3

I liked the premise of this episode, but then it all seemed to fall apart. It seemed like the jury, or at least that last holdout, was not on their side. But then it somehow magically all worked out, like always. I will say that Bull using the test drive to get the stockbroker chick to the courthouse to testify was mildly amusing.

This show is decent video wallpaper for me, and nothing else.

• Love 2

I think the episode was just filler, with the underlying purpose of showing Bull & Co. getting a windfall payment so they can continue on with the current storyline of helping the poor and downtrodden (but still attractive) clients.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, LvHmBirth said:

Did we learn a specific reason why the judge dislikes Bull?

Once upon a time, he and Bull were playing golf.  The judge claims Bull moved a ball by kicking it, and is therefore a cheat.  Bull says it was an acorn which he kicked aside, but the judge won't believe him.