Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

We have our winner! I love this scene very much, but for the record I also love the runner up and it makes me die laughing every time.

Favorite Scenes on the Phone, Part Deux

Michel refuses to answer the phone at work. "People are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to any more of them." "You know who's really nice to talk to? The people at the unemployment agency." "Independence Inn, Michel speaking." (Pilot)

I really like the recent suggestions of scenes in a car (or any vehicle, obviously) so start naming scenes!

Luke drives Lorelai to the hospital. They talk about Lorelai being a disappointment.

Luke silently drives to Boston to punch out Chris

Lorelai takes Luke back to the diner after his fight with Mrs. Thompson. He tells her of his dark day

The "Gilmore Girls" are driving to Mia's wedding. Emily controls the windows

There is an awkwardness in the truck as Luke takes Lorelai to buy a new car. 

Rory and Lorelai are road tripping to Harvard. Rory loves her map.

Dean gets on the bus with Rory to talk to her when they first meet

Dean tells Rory he loves her in the car he built her

Lorelai driving Luke's truck backwards because she can't get it into gear

Rory is hit by a deer on her way to Chilton driving Lorelai's car

Mrs. Kim talking to the boys in Lane's band, I don't remember the details but the boys are in a car and she's standing on the street

Richard rear ends Emily with his car because she is talking to Simon, leading to them getting back together

Edited by TOWTooMuchTV
because I thought of one more!

Favorite Scenes in a Vehicle

1. Luke drives Lorelai to the hospital after Richard collapses during the Christmas party. "‘Grandpa’s in the hospital, please come.’ No details, no info. Who taught her to leave a message like that?" "I’m sure she was in a hurry." "A person needs details. Why is he in the hospital? How bad is it? What are the circumstances involving him being in the hospital? These are simple questions." "We’ll be there very soon and you’ll know everything." "What if he’s dead?" "He’s not dead." "How do you know?" "I know." "Oh, you’re psychic now? You’re suddenly getting visions while you’re driving 20 mph in the oldest truck known to man? [pause] I’m sorry, you’re killing yourself to get me there and I’m yelling at you. I don’t mean it." "I know." (Forgiveness & Stuff)

2. Luke drives to Boston in silence to punch Christopher in the face. (That's What You Get, Folks, For Makin' Whoopee)

3. Lorelai drags Luke away from yelling at Mrs. Thompson and drives him back to the diner. "And over here we have the world famous Luke's diner, home of the best coffee on the east coast and the most delightful and chatty proprietor since Mel kissed Flo's grits. [Luke is quiet and makes no attempt to get out] Okay, well, I should get back to the inn. [Luke is still quiet] I hope you've enjoyed your tour and don't forget to buy yourself a souvenir plastic monkey on the way out." "Tomorrow's the anniversary of my dad's death." "Ugh. Oh, hon." "And every year on that anniversary I, uh, I disappear. I don't work. I don't talk to anyone. I get in this kind of a funk. It's like I'm -- " "You have a dark day." "Yeah, I have a dark day. I thought I should tell you this because we're in relationship and I thought you might wonder why I suddenly don't answer the phone or I'm not around. Why you can't flip your hair and con me into going to Miss Patty's crazy anniversary party." "The hair flip is that effective, huh?" "Combine that with your black dress and you could probably get me to be your backup dancer." "I'll remember that." (But Not as Cute as Pushkin)

4. Emily drives Rory and Lorelai to Mia's wedding. "What are you doing?" "It's stuffy." "It's too cold to have the window open." "Mom, just let me have it down -- oh, my g-d." "Lorelai, stop playing with the window." "I'm not playing. I just want it down. And you're making it go -- are you kidding me? Plea-- mother, I'm putting it -- I'm putting it -- wha-- uh -- mom!" "It's called a child lock, appropriately enough." (Gilmore Girls Only)

5. Lorelai's jeep has died. Luke takes her to look at new cars even though they're not really speaking. "I was gonna put the radio on, but it's been pretty static-y lately." "Oh, I'm fine. I don't need music." "Yeah? Okay." "Thanks again for agreeing to come." "No problem." "And again, I mean, it didn't have to be, you know, today." "Oh, no, you know, the diner was slow, and you can't keep riding that bike around." "Why does everyone act like I'm a really bad biker?" "No, hey, I didn't mean it that way." "I'm just kidding." "Oh." "It was a joke." "Okay." (It's Just Like Riding a Bike)

6. Lorelai insists on her escaping-from-marriage road trip be spontaneous and free. Rory disagrees. "That had better not be a map." "I'm sorry, but I'm openly defying your no map policy." "Rory." "Mom, it's gonna be dark in a couple of hours and I don't want to sleep in the car." (Road Trip to Harvard)

7. Lorelai and Luke drive back from Rory's 21st birthday party. "Hey. You can pull link sausages out of me if you want." (Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number)

8. Dean spots Rory getting on the bus to school and gets in behind her. "So, uh, how long does it take you to get to school?" "Um...forty minutes if the bus driver's focused but longer if he's trying to win something on the radio. Hey, this bus is going to Hartford!" "Yeah, I know." "But you go to school here. You have to get off the bus! (calls to driver) Hey, he has to get off the bus!" "Wait. You're forgetting something....buses make stops. Good-bye, Lorelai Gilmore." (Cinnamon's Wake)

9. Dean and Rory sit in the car he's building for her on their three-month anniversary date. "I had no idea that three months was the car anniversary." "Four months you get a plane." "Boy, relationships sure have changed since I was a kid." (Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers)

10. Lorelai borrows Luke's truck to move Rory into Yale. "Something's wrong with your truck." "Nothing's wrong with my truck. Stop the truck." "It won't go out of reverse." "You can't drive a stick." "I can't drive an uncooperative stick." "My stick's not uncooperative." (The Lorelais' First Day at Yale)

11. Rory misses her bus, takes the jeep to school, and gets hit by a deer while looking for her test notes. "How do you get hit by a deer?" "I was at a stop sign and he just hit me! Oh my g-d!" "Was it a 4-way stop?" "What does that matter?" "I don’t know. I don’t know what to ask after you’ve been hit by a deer." (The Deer Hunters)

12. Mrs. Kim spots Dave, Zach, and Brian driving through town and flags them down to warn Dave that Lane has a crush on him. "Mrs. Kim....You’re Lane’s mom?" "How do you know Lane?" "She’s a great dr –- " "Girl. We all think so." "Who are you? What is all this, David? Who are all these unwashed boys?" (Swan Song)

13. Richard sees Simon talking to Emily while she waits for a valet to come park her car and rear-ends her. "Ah! What on earth?" "Emily." "Richard! Have you lost your mind?" "I misjudged the distance." "You misjudged the distance? You hit my car!" "I was distracted." "Emily, are you okay?" "I’m her husband, Simon. I’ll ask her if she’s okay. [To Emily] Are you okay?" "I’m fine." "She’s fine, Simon. Are you happy? Now, go away." (Come Home)

14. Richard and Emily are trying to use a GPS - which is giving directions in German - to find their way to an estate sale close to Stars Hollow. "Richard, what are you doing? Why are you stopping?" "Because this contraption, as you call it, can only be used when the car is stopped." "So every time we want to ask the machine for directions, we have to pull over to the side of the road?" "It would appear so. I thought the point of the machine was to avoid pulling over to ask directions." (I'm Okay, You're Okay)

15. Lorelai flags down Luke's truck and finds Liz driving. "Hey, Luke, hey Luke, hold on! Please, I know you owe us nothing but our dead frozen carcasses may someday haunt you in your old age, or not... because… you don't know who I am. Hi. Sorry. I thought you were Luke." "I knew I should've put on some lipstick." (Nag Hammadi)

16. Lorelai admits that she couldn't get Emily to cave on not having Rory's birthday party during FND. "Sweetie, I promise, Saturday night we'll do it up right at home. A Stars Hollow extravaganza." "So, is this party Grandma's having going to be a big deal?" "Not really. The government will close that day. Flags will fly at half-mast. Barbra Streisand will give her final concert...again." "Uh-huh." "Now, the Pope has previous plans, but he's trying to get out of them. However, Elvis and Jim Morrison are coming, and they're bringing chips." (Rory's Birthday Parties)

17. Lorelai realizes she never told Rory that Jess has left town. "Do you think Luke will know we went to Souplantation?" "Not unless you tell him." "But maybe he'll be able to tell. There'll be a glow." "An all-you-can-eat glow." "He'll see the glow, he'll know we cheated, and he'll never give us extra fries again." [Luke sees them and runs inside] "Um, Mom, why did Luke just bolt away from us?" "Maybe he saw the glow." "Mom?" "Okay, first of all, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I just thought with all the stuff you were doing, maybe I should wait." "What's going on?" "Jess is gone." "Gone where?" "I don't know. Luke knows, but he didn't tell me. But he doesn't seem to think he's coming back." (Here Comes the Son)

18. Lorelai and Rory sit in the jeep discussing Rory's arrest while Kirk tries to tow them away. "Kirk just came by and gave us a two minute warning. Any idea what he’s talking about?" "Who ever has any idea what Kirk’s talking about?" (A House is Not a Home)

Edited by Taryn74

Luke talks back to his self-help tape.

Rory pops up out of a limo Luke is honking at.

Rory and Jess’ goodbye scene on the bus as he rides out of town and she to school.

Luke and Lorelai in the limo on the way home from the magazine cover party.

Emily surprises Lorelai who is waiting/dancing in her car for Rory to arrive

Kirk turns Luke's diner into (literally) a drive through.

Lorelai hangs out the window of her parents' car to finish her coffee on the Yale road trip.

Hep Alien is winding up their tour and the boys are flummoxed to hear that after all of their suffering Lane has been hiding the profits.

1. Luke drives Lorelai to the hospital after Richard collapses during the Christmas party. "‘Grandpa’s in the hospital, please come.’ No details, no info. Who taught her to leave a message like that?" "I’m sure she was in a hurry." "A person needs details. Why is he in the hospital? How bad is it? What are the circumstances involving him being in the hospital? These are simple questions." "We’ll be there very soon and you’ll know everything." "What if he’s dead?" "He’s not dead." "How do you know?" "I know." "Oh, you’re psychic now? You’re suddenly getting visions while you’re driving 20 mph in the oldest truck known to man? [pause] I’m sorry, you’re killing yourself to get me there and I’m yelling at you. I don’t mean it." "I know." (Forgiveness & Stuff)

2. Luke drives to Boston in silence to punch Christopher in the face. (That's What You Get, Folks, For Makin' Whoopee)

3. Lorelai drags Luke away from yelling at Mrs. Thompson and drives him back to the diner. "And over here we have the world famous Luke's diner, home of the best coffee on the east coast and the most delightful and chatty proprietor since Mel kissed Flo's grits. [Luke is quiet and makes no attempt to get out] Okay, well, I should get back to the inn. [Luke is still quiet] I hope you've enjoyed your tour and don't forget to buy yourself a souvenir plastic monkey on the way out." "Tomorrow's the anniversary of my dad's death." "Ugh. Oh, hon." "And every year on that anniversary I, uh, I disappear. I don't work. I don't talk to anyone. I get in this kind of a funk. It's like I'm -- " "You have a dark day." "Yeah, I have a dark day. I thought I should tell you this because we're in relationship and I thought you might wonder why I suddenly don't answer the phone or I'm not around. Why you can't flip your hair and con me into going to Miss Patty's crazy anniversary party." "The hair flip is that effective, huh?" "Combine that with your black dress and you could probably get me to be your backup dancer." "I'll remember that." (But Not as Cute as Pushkin)

4. Emily drives Rory and Lorelai to Mia's wedding. "What are you doing?" "It's stuffy." "It's too cold to have the window open." "Mom, just let me have it down -- oh, my g-d." "Lorelai, stop playing with the window." "I'm not playing. I just want it down. And you're making it go -- are you kidding me? Plea-- mother, I'm putting it -- I'm putting it -- wha-- uh -- mom!" "It's called a child lock, appropriately enough." (Gilmore Girls Only)

5. Lorelai's jeep has died. Luke takes her to look at new cars even though they're not really speaking. "I was gonna put the radio on, but it's been pretty static-y lately." "Oh, I'm fine. I don't need music." "Yeah? Okay." "Thanks again for agreeing to come." "No problem." "And again, I mean, it didn't have to be, you know, today." "Oh, no, you know, the diner was slow, and you can't keep riding that bike around." "Why does everyone act like I'm a really bad biker?" "No, hey, I didn't mean it that way." "I'm just kidding." "Oh." "It was a joke." "Okay." (It's Just Like Riding a Bike)

6. Lorelai insists on her escaping-from-marriage road trip be spontaneous and free. Rory disagrees. "That had better not be a map." "I'm sorry, but I'm openly defying your no map policy." "Rory." "Mom, it's gonna be dark in a couple of hours and I don't want to sleep in the car." (Road Trip to Harvard)

7. Lorelai and Luke drive back from Rory's 21st birthday party. "Hey. You can pull link sausages out of me if you want." (Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number)

8. Dean spots Rory getting on the bus to school and gets in behind her. "So, uh, how long does it take you to get to school?" "Um...forty minutes if the bus driver's focused but longer if he's trying to win something on the radio. Hey, this bus is going to Hartford!" "Yeah, I know." "But you go to school here. You have to get off the bus! (calls to driver) Hey, he has to get off the bus!" "Wait. You're forgetting something....buses make stops. Good-bye, Lorelai Gilmore." (Cinnamon's Wake)

9. Dean and Rory sit in the car he's building for her on their three-month anniversary date. "I had no idea that three months was the car anniversary." "Four months you get a plane." "Boy, relationships sure have changed since I was a kid." (Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers)

10. Lorelai borrows Luke's truck to move Rory into Yale. "Something's wrong with your truck." "Nothing's wrong with my truck. Stop the truck." "It won't go out of reverse." "You can't drive a stick." "I can't drive an uncooperative stick." "My stick's not uncooperative." (The Lorelais' First Day at Yale)

11. Rory misses her bus, takes the jeep to school, and gets hit by a deer while looking for her test notes. "How do you get hit by a deer?" "I was at a stop sign and he just hit me! Oh my g-d!" "Was it a 4-way stop?" "What does that matter?" "I don’t know. I don’t know what to ask after you’ve been hit by a deer." (The Deer Hunters)

12. Mrs. Kim spots Dave, Zach, and Brian driving through town and flags them down to warn Dave that Lane has a crush on him. "Mrs. Kim....You’re Lane’s mom?" "How do you know Lane?" "She’s a great dr –- " "Girl. We all think so." "Who are you? What is all this, David? Who are all these unwashed boys?" (Swan Song)

13. Richard sees Simon talking to Emily while she waits for a valet to come park her car and rear-ends her. "Ah! What on earth?" "Emily." "Richard! Have you lost your mind?" "I misjudged the distance." "You misjudged the distance? You hit my car!" "I was distracted." "Emily, are you okay?" "I’m her husband, Simon. I’ll ask her if she’s okay. [To Emily] Are you okay?" "I’m fine." "She’s fine, Simon. Are you happy? Now, go away." (Come Home)

14. Richard and Emily are trying to use a GPS - which is giving directions in German - to find their way to an estate sale close to Stars Hollow. "Richard, what are you doing? Why are you stopping?" "Because this contraption, as you call it, can only be used when the car is stopped." "So every time we want to ask the machine for directions, we have to pull over to the side of the road?" "It would appear so. I thought the point of the machine was to avoid pulling over to ask directions." (I'm Okay, You're Okay)

15. Lorelai flags down Luke's truck and finds Liz driving. "Hey, Luke, hey Luke, hold on! Please, I know you owe us nothing but our dead frozen carcasses may someday haunt you in your old age, or not... because… you don't know who I am. Hi. Sorry. I thought you were Luke." "I knew I should've put on some lipstick." (Nag Hammadi)

16. Lorelai admits that she couldn't get Emily to cave on not having Rory's birthday party during FND. "Sweetie, I promise, Saturday night we'll do it up right at home. A Stars Hollow extravaganza." "So, is this party Grandma's having going to be a big deal?" "Not really. The government will close that day. Flags will fly at half-mast. Barbra Streisand will give her final concert...again." "Uh-huh." "Now, the Pope has previous plans, but he's trying to get out of them. However, Elvis and Jim Morrison are coming, and they're bringing chips." (Rory's Birthday Parties)

17. Lorelai realizes she never told Rory that Jess has left town. "Do you think Luke will know we went to Souplantation?" "Not unless you tell him." "But maybe he'll be able to tell. There'll be a glow." "An all-you-can-eat glow." "He'll see the glow, he'll know we cheated, and he'll never give us extra fries again." [Luke sees them and runs inside] "Um, Mom, why did Luke just bolt away from us?" "Maybe he saw the glow." "Mom?" "Okay, first of all, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I just thought with all the stuff you were doing, maybe I should wait." "What's going on?" "Jess is gone." "Gone where?" "I don't know. Luke knows, but he didn't tell me. But he doesn't seem to think he's coming back." (Here Comes the Son)

18. Lorelai and Rory sit in the jeep discussing Rory's arrest while Kirk tries to tow them away. "Kirk just came by and gave us a two minute warning. Any idea what he’s talking about?" "Who ever has any idea what Kirk’s talking about?" (A House is Not a Home)

19. Luke secretly listens to his self-help tape while driving around in his truck. "Complete the following sentence -- I feel angry because..." "...I am listening to this tape." "I feel hopeful because..." "...This tape must end eventually." "I feel helpless because..." "...I wonder if anyone's ever kicked an audiotape's ass." (Luke Can See Her Face)

20. Rory borrows Logan's limo and driver to rush back to find out what happened between Lorelai and Luke, and then she and Lane go out to get wallowing supplies. "My compliments to your moxie!" "Oh, I've got moxie coming out of my ears today." [They hear a car honking] "They honking at us?" "They better not be. Frank, are they honking at us?" "I believe so." "Oh, I am in no mood for this. We are depressed! [She stands up, her head out the sunroof of the limo] We'll move when we move, so stop -- " [Luke is honking at them. He stops, shocked] "Oh. Sorry." "I'm not usually in a limo." (Say Something)

21. Rory sees Jess on the bus and walks to the back to sit with him, knowing something is off but not knowing he got kicked out of school and he's leaving town. "Hey." "Hey." "Can I sit?" "Uh, sure, sit. I thought you took an earlier bus." "My first class got canceled today." "Oh. So what's been going on?" "Nothing much. Fran died." "I heard." "I went to her funeral yesterday." "Luke went, too." "I saw him there." "Yeah?" "He was in the back." "I can't go to the prom. I couldn't get tickets." "Oh." "Sorry." "This is my stop." "Okay." "So, you'll call me?" "Yeah, I'll call you." (Say Goodnight, Gracie)

22. Lorelai and Luke make out in the limo after the magazine cover celebration. "We should’ve eaten something before we went." "Who knew we’d keep missing the trays?" "But I’m not hungry. But I’m something, what am I?" "You’re drunk." "Right. I haven’t been drunk in years." "Hey, have I thanked you enough for escorting me, and being such a good sport and shaking hands with all the big city folk you don’t like, and putting extra cherries in my Manhattan?" "Yeah. You did." "There’ll be more thanking. Later on tonight." (Blame Booze and Melville)

23. Taylor is Taylor and Kirk is Kirk. Mass chaos ensues. "What's going on here?" "Taylor's putting a camera on the traffic light." "Big Brother is watching." "Okay, everyone. Thanks for coming. Now, as you know, small-town law enforcement presents many challenges. Chief among them, how to police our streets without an actual police force. Fortunately for the citizens of stars hollow, the fine people at Ingram traffic systems have provided an answer. I would now like to present the latest and greatest weapon in unmanned high-tech law enforcement. Ladies and gentlemen, the Auto Patrol P.R. 100. How it works is very simple. When someone drives through the red light, the camera will take three successive pictures of the offending party at closer and closer range." "Seems kind of intrusive to me." "Law-abiding citizens have nothing to worry about. Now, we are going to have our ceremonial first lawbreaker played by Kirk. [Car horn honks] Kirk will drive my classic 1964 Ford Thunderbird down the street, through the red light, and the Auto Patrol P.R. 100 will capture him in all his law-breaking glory. Miss Patty?" "I'm on it." [Miss Patty gets up and signals Kirk to drive by dropping a hanky. He’s off, the camera starts flashing, Kirk can’t see, the crowd panics as he goes out of control and into the diner, Luke watches in disbelief as he crashes through the wall and ducks behind the counter. Rory and the crowd looks on in shock. Luke gets up from behind the counter. Kirk gets out of the car.] "I'm okay! I'm okay!" (The Long Morrow)

24. Lorelai and Rory go with Emily and Richard on a tour of Yale. [As they walk to the car, Emily notices Lorelai is carrying a coffee travel mug] "Where are you going with that?" "To the car." "You can’t have that in the car." "I know." "Well, then, what are you doing with it?" "Walking it." "Lorelai." "Mom, I know I can’t have it in the car. It will not be in the car." "Is that everything?" "Yes, I think so." "All right, then. Let’s get this show on the road." [Lorelai gets in the back seat and holds the mug out the window] "Now let’s see you drink it." [Lorelai sticks her head out the window and takes a sip] "Mm, good to the last drop." "You stay that way until it’s gone." "Aye, aye, captain." (Let the Games Begin)

25. After the Seventh Day Adventist church tour, the guys in the band find out Lane's been stashing away much of their money. "Dude, don't do that thing where you don't finish your sentences. It freaks me out." "I'll try. I'm just....ugh." "Come on." "I guess I'm just weak from hunger. The guy I got gas from, I was talking to him, and he suddenly turned into a giant turkey leg." "Please don't mention food." "Let's think good thoughts here, guys. Picture yourself at home, okay? Home at last. What's the first thing you're gonna do?" "Eat." "Wash my hair. Hug the kids, set them up in front of a Harry Potter movie, and then do my wife for, like, an hour." "Uh, look, guys, I've got an announcement. Kind of in my capacity as band manager, and I think it's gonna cheer you up, a lot." "What?" "Well, as you know, each gig paid us a little something, and we stayed free at people's houses along the way, and we sold a decent amount of t-shirts, so, besides food, which we consumed in moderation, there were days that we spent practically nothing." "Yeah?" "Well...I wanted us to come out of this tour with something. So I figured the best way to motivate us, to save, would be to fib a little on how much we had." "You fibbed a little?" "Actually, a lot. But it paid off big, guys, because we're going home with over $9,000. [The guys look up at Lane in disbelief] Huh? 9,000 American dollars. Why aren't you guys jumping up and down?" "Besides the fact that my spinal cord severed somewhere back on the 95?" "And that we haven't eaten a full meal in over two months?" (The UnGraduate)

26. Jess drives Rory's car while they go get ice cream in cones after studying. They chat about their life plans. "You could do more." "Oh, here come the pom poms." "No, no pom poms, just me saying you could do more." "So, Courtney, what about you?" "What about me?" "What are your big ambitions?" "Harvard." "And after Harvard?" "I’m gonna be a journalist." "Paula Zahn?" "Christiane Amanpour." "You’re gonna be an overseas correspondent?" "Yes, I am." "You’re gonna crawl around in trenches and stand on top of buildings and have bombs going off in the background and some wars raging all around you?" "What, you don’t think I can do it?" "No, I do. Just sounds a little too -- " "A little what?" "Just sounds a little too rough for you." "Well, it’s not a little too rough for me. I hope it’s not a little too rough for me, I’ve been talking about this forever. I mean, I don’t even know what I would do if -- " "Hey, I didn’t mean to freak you out. I’m sorry. I’m sure you’ll do it. You will, I promise. I’ll help you practice, okay? Tomorrow, you’ll stand in the middle of the street and I will drive straight at you screaming in a foreign language." "Well, you’re gonna have to learn a foreign language first." "Well, it’s lucky I’ve got me a tutor, isn’t it? Okay, so I guess we should be getting back. I did promise to study if you went on this ice cream run with me." "Yes, you did." "Okay, so I just go straight and we’ll be back at Luke’s." "Good sense of direction." "Of course, I could turn right and then we’d just be driving around in circles for awhile." " ...... Turn right." "As you wish." (Teach Me Tonight)

4 hours ago, junienmomo said:

Emily surprises Lorelai who is waiting/dancing in her car for Rory to arrive

As much as that scene cracks me up (and it really, really does) we've used it in two or three games recently so I'm not going to add it in to this one.

4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Not sure if this qualifies as they aren't ever in the thing but Richard and Emily rent a big ass motorhome complete with chef and maid for the Yale football game tailgate party.

Ha! You're right though, we never see anyone actually in the motorhome so I'm not going to add it in. (Am I the only one who would really love to go tailgating with them, though? That food looked amazing.)

Edited by Taryn74

Rory and Jess driving around in her car before the wreck. 

Emily having Lorelai escort her in "rap video" SUV she rented when she had her eyes lazered. 

Lorelai and Jason park outside of "Dukes" and have to go elsewhere. 

Lorelai goes back out to her car to "find her lipgloss" when Rory is late.

Lorelai mocks Luke's "Reggae Fever" at the end of a date. 

Dean tells Rory he loves her in the car he built for her. 

Time to start voting! Voting against three.

9. Dean and Rory sit in the car he's building for her on their three-month anniversary date. "I had no idea that three months was the car anniversary." "Four months you get a plane." "Boy, relationships sure have changed since I was a kid." Things get awkward when Dean says 'I love you' and Rory doesn't say it back. (Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers)

19. Luke secretly listens to his self-help tape while driving around in his truck. "Complete the following sentence -- I feel angry because..." "...I am listening to this tape." "I feel hopeful because..." "...This tape must end eventually." "I feel helpless because..." "...I wonder if anyone's ever kicked an audiotape's ass." (Luke Can See Her Face)

20. Rory borrows Logan's limo and driver to rush back to find out what happened between Lorelai and Luke, and then she and Lane go out to get wallowing supplies. "My compliments to your moxie!" "Oh, I've got moxie coming out of my ears today." [They hear a car honking] "They honking at us?" "They better not be. Frank, are they honking at us?" "I believe so." "Oh, I am in no mood for this. We are depressed! [She stands up, her head out the sunroof of the limo] We'll move when we move, so stop -- " [Luke is honking at them. He stops, shocked] "Oh. Sorry." "I'm not usually in a limo." (Say Something)

21. Rory sees Jess on the bus and walks to the back to sit with him, knowing something is off but not knowing he got kicked out of school and he's leaving town. "Hey." "Hey." "Can I sit?" "Uh, sure, sit. I thought you took an earlier bus." "My first class got canceled today." "Oh. So what's been going on?" "Nothing much. Fran died." "I heard." "I went to her funeral yesterday." "Luke went, too." "I saw him there." "Yeah?" "He was in the back." "I can't go to the prom. I couldn't get tickets." "Oh." "Sorry." "This is my stop." "Okay." "So, you'll call me?" "Yeah, I'll call you." (Say Goodnight, Gracie)

22. Lorelai and Luke make out in the limo after the magazine cover celebration. "We should’ve eaten something before we went." "Who knew we’d keep missing the trays?" "But I’m not hungry. But I’m something, what am I?" "You’re drunk." "Right. I haven’t been drunk in years." "Hey, have I thanked you enough for escorting me, and being such a good sport and shaking hands with all the big city folk you don’t like, and putting extra cherries in my Manhattan?" "Yeah. You did." "There’ll be more thanking. Later on tonight." (Blame Booze and Melville)

23. Taylor is Taylor and Kirk is Kirk. Mass chaos ensues. "What's going on here?" "Taylor's putting a camera on the traffic light." "Big Brother is watching." "Okay, everyone. Thanks for coming. Now, as you know, small-town law enforcement presents many challenges. Chief among them, how to police our streets without an actual police force. Fortunately for the citizens of stars hollow, the fine people at Ingram traffic systems have provided an answer. I would now like to present the latest and greatest weapon in unmanned high-tech law enforcement. Ladies and gentlemen, the Auto Patrol P.R. 100. How it works is very simple. When someone drives through the red light, the camera will take three successive pictures of the offending party at closer and closer range." "Seems kind of intrusive to me." "Law-abiding citizens have nothing to worry about. Now, we are going to have our ceremonial first lawbreaker played by Kirk. [Car horn honks] Kirk will drive my classic 1964 Ford Thunderbird down the street, through the red light, and the Auto Patrol P.R. 100 will capture him in all his law-breaking glory. Miss Patty?" "I'm on it." [Miss Patty gets up and signals Kirk to drive by dropping a hanky. He’s off, the camera starts flashing, Kirk can’t see, the crowd panics as he goes out of control and into the diner, Luke watches in disbelief as he crashes through the wall and ducks behind the counter. Rory and the crowd looks on in shock. Luke gets up from behind the counter. Kirk gets out of the car.] "I'm okay! I'm okay!" (The Long Morrow)

24. Lorelai and Rory go with Emily and Richard on a tour of Yale. [As they walk to the car, Emily notices Lorelai is carrying a coffee travel mug] "Where are you going with that?" "To the car." "You can’t have that in the car." "I know." "Well, then, what are you doing with it?" "Walking it." "Lorelai." "Mom, I know I can’t have it in the car. It will not be in the car." "Is that everything?" "Yes, I think so." "All right, then. Let’s get this show on the road." [Lorelai gets in the back seat and holds the mug out the window] "Now let’s see you drink it." [Lorelai sticks her head out the window and takes a sip] "Mm, good to the last drop." "You stay that way until it’s gone." "Aye, aye, captain." (Let the Games Begin)

25. After the Seventh Day Adventist church tour, the guys in the band find out Lane's been stashing away much of their money. "Dude, don't do that thing where you don't finish your sentences. It freaks me out." "I'll try. I'm just....ugh." "Come on." "I guess I'm just weak from hunger. The guy I got gas from, I was talking to him, and he suddenly turned into a giant turkey leg." "Please don't mention food." "Let's think good thoughts here, guys. Picture yourself at home, okay? Home at last. What's the first thing you're gonna do?" "Eat." "Wash my hair. Hug the kids, set them up in front of a Harry Potter movie, and then do my wife for, like, an hour." "Uh, look, guys, I've got an announcement. Kind of in my capacity as band manager, and I think it's gonna cheer you up, a lot." "What?" "Well, as you know, each gig paid us a little something, and we stayed free at people's houses along the way, and we sold a decent amount of t-shirts, so, besides food, which we consumed in moderation, there were days that we spent practically nothing." "Yeah?" "Well...I wanted us to come out of this tour with something. So I figured the best way to motivate us, to save, would be to fib a little on how much we had." "You fibbed a little?" "Actually, a lot. But it paid off big, guys, because we're going home with over $9,000. [The guys look up at Lane in disbelief] Huh? 9,000 American dollars. Why aren't you guys jumping up and down?" "Besides the fact that my spinal cord severed somewhere back on the 95?" "And that we haven't eaten a full meal in over two months?" (The UnGraduate)

26. Jess drives Rory's car while they go get ice cream in cones after studying. They chat about their life plans. "You could do more." "Oh, here come the pom poms." "No, no pom poms, just me saying you could do more." "So, Courtney, what about you?" "What about me?" "What are your big ambitions?" "Harvard." "And after Harvard?" "I’m gonna be a journalist." "Paula Zahn?" "Christiane Amanpour." "You’re gonna be an overseas correspondent?" "Yes, I am." "You’re gonna crawl around in trenches and stand on top of buildings and have bombs going off in the background and some wars raging all around you?" "What, you don’t think I can do it?" "No, I do. Just sounds a little too -- " "A little what?" "Just sounds a little too rough for you." "Well, it’s not a little too rough for me. I hope it’s not a little too rough for me, I’ve been talking about this forever. I mean, I don’t even know what I would do if -- " "Hey, I didn’t mean to freak you out. I’m sorry. I’m sure you’ll do it. You will, I promise. I’ll help you practice, okay? Tomorrow, you’ll stand in the middle of the street and I will drive straight at you screaming in a foreign language." "Well, you’re gonna have to learn a foreign language first." "Well, it’s lucky I’ve got me a tutor, isn’t it? Okay, so I guess we should be getting back. I did promise to study if you went on this ice cream run with me." "Yes, you did." "Okay, so I just go straight and we’ll be back at Luke’s." "Good sense of direction." "Of course, I could turn right and then we’d just be driving around in circles for awhile." " ...... Turn right." "As you wish." (Teach Me Tonight)

27. Emily has Lasik surgery and Lorelai has to drive her around. Emily has rented a very large, very dark windowed SUV to protect her eyesight. "Lorelai, be careful." "I'm not used to driving a missile silo down the street." (Driving Miss Gilmore)

28. Jason is hanging out with Lorelai in Stars Hollow for the day and realizes they can't go into Luke's. "Sooooo, that would be Luke." "Boy, you sure like to do a lot of research before getting a cup of coffee. That's the doorknob. It twists to the right. C'mon." "Ahhh -- " "What is with you?" "Yeah, I'm not in the mood for coffee anymore." "You were jonesing not five minutes ago." "No, it's passed. My 5 a.m. coffee just kicked in again." "You drink time-released coffee?" "It's all the rage." "Okay. Well, I want coffee." "Okay, I'll wait for you here." "What is with you?" "I-I was kind of tailgating Duke on the drive in." "You were tailgating Luke?" "Pretty rudely. There was honking." "Aw, geez." "Well, I didn't know it was Duke." "How fast was he going?" "Snail's speed. Like twenty." "The speed limit here is twelve!" "Okay, see, this is one of the problems I have with small towns - proximity. You tailgate a guy in Manhattan and you never see him again, you tailgate a guy in a small town, he is the keeper of the coffee. [He looks over at the diner window]. And he is looking at us!" "Who, Luke?" "Is that his name?" "Yes!" "Okay, don't look at him! Don't look at him!" "This is ridiculous!" (A Family Matter)

29. Lorelai finds Luke's Reggae Fever cd in his truck after they get back together. "‘Ja Glory’ by Toots Bambada. ‘Lively up Yourself’ by the Family Zigzag, ‘Let your Ya be Ya’ by Ranking Roy. What else am I going to find in here? Ganja and a yellow, green and red knit cap?" "I bought a cd. I didn’t adopt the entire Rastafarian culture." "This is so weird. I mean, to think that there was this whole chunk of time when we weren’t together. We were living totally separate lives. I was just working like crazy and you were running around, buying reggae cd’s." "One cd. One." "I just hate that we were apart." "Yeah, wasn’t too fond of it myself." "Well, all I can say is, you’re lucky I’m back in your life, because clearly you were lost without me. I mean, it’s a miracle you’re even still alive. Right?" "You bet." (Pulp Friction)

30. Emily and Richard get ready to leave Rory's Stars Hollow birthday party. "Emily?" "She's right. I don't know my daughter at all. [pause] We should go. Traffic." (Rory's Birthday Parties)

31. Rory has to be blindfolded for the trip to the LDB campout. "Hit it!" "Ah! Not so loud!" "You're very auditorily sensitive today." "Oh, and your voice helps." "Is the blindfold secure?" "Secure and in place." "Our anonymity's crucial, Logan. Crucial." "What's wrong with Finn?" "Great job with the blindfold, Logan." "I recognized your voices, Colin." (You Jump, I Jump, Jack)

Edited by Taryn74

2 - The circumstances angered me, but I was cheering Luke on during the whole punching-Christopher-in-the-face scene.

5 - Ugh. This whole thing is so awkward, and I always hate Lorelai's manic trying-too-hard thing. She always manages to sound like she's talking to a child.

14 - Dumb scene that I forgot existed until this game.

Voting against three!

9. Dean and Rory sit in the car he's building for her on their three-month anniversary date. "I had no idea that three months was the car anniversary." "Four months you get a plane." "Boy, relationships sure have changed since I was a kid." Things get awkward when Dean says 'I love you' and Rory doesn't say it back. (Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers)

27. Emily has Lasik surgery and Lorelai has to drive her around. Emily has rented a very large, very dark windowed SUV to protect her eyesight. "Lorelai, be careful." "I'm not used to driving a missile silo down the street." (Driving Miss Gilmore)

28. Jason is hanging out with Lorelai in Stars Hollow for the day and realizes they can't go into Luke's. "Sooooo, that would be Luke." "Boy, you sure like to do a lot of research before getting a cup of coffee. That's the doorknob. It twists to the right. C'mon." "Ahhh -- " "What is with you?" "Yeah, I'm not in the mood for coffee anymore." "You were jonesing not five minutes ago." "No, it's passed. My 5 a.m. coffee just kicked in again." "You drink time-released coffee?" "It's all the rage." "Okay. Well, I want coffee." "Okay, I'll wait for you here." "What is with you?" "I-I was kind of tailgating Duke on the drive in." "You were tailgating Luke?" "Pretty rudely. There was honking." "Aw, geez." "Well, I didn't know it was Duke." "How fast was he going?" "Snail's speed. Like twenty." "The speed limit here is twelve!" "Okay, see, this is one of the problems I have with small towns - proximity. You tailgate a guy in Manhattan and you never see him again, you tailgate a guy in a small town, he is the keeper of the coffee. [He looks over at the diner window]. And he is looking at us!" "Who, Luke?" "Is that his name?" "Yes!" "Okay, don't look at him! Don't look at him!" "This is ridiculous!" (A Family Matter)

29. Lorelai finds Luke's Reggae Fever cd in his truck after they get back together. "‘Ja Glory’ by Toots Bambada. ‘Lively up Yourself’ by the Family Zigzag, ‘Let your Ya be Ya’ by Ranking Roy. What else am I going to find in here? Ganja and a yellow, green and red knit cap?" "I bought a cd. I didn’t adopt the entire Rastafarian culture." "This is so weird. I mean, to think that there was this whole chunk of time when we weren’t together. We were living totally separate lives. I was just working like crazy and you were running around, buying reggae cd’s." "One cd. One." "I just hate that we were apart." "Yeah, wasn’t too fond of it myself." "Well, all I can say is, you’re lucky I’m back in your life, because clearly you were lost without me. I mean, it’s a miracle you’re even still alive. Right?" "You bet." (Pulp Friction)

30. Emily and Richard get ready to leave Rory's Stars Hollow birthday party. "Emily?" "She's right. I don't know my daughter at all. [pause] We should go. Traffic." (Rory's Birthday Parties)

31. Rory has to be blindfolded for the trip to the LDB campout. "Hit it!" "Ah! Not so loud!" "You're very auditorily sensitive today." "Oh, and your voice helps." "Is the blindfold secure?" "Secure and in place." "Our anonymity's crucial, Logan. Crucial." "What's wrong with Finn?" "Great job with the blindfold, Logan." "I recognized your voices, Colin." (You Jump, I Jump, Jack)

4 - Meh.

23 - Totally agree with Lulu.

31 - 'LBD, ugh' pretty much sums it up.

Still three!

6 - I think I've shared my irrational hatred of Road Trip to Harvard before, so not unhappy to see this one go.

25 - Aw, Lane is so cute and responsible with her stashing away money. The guys are lucky to have her.

12 - Voting this one out over 16 only because 12 has been in a game fairly recently, and while I like it, it doesn't make me cackle the way 16 does. Also there's an early-season-nostalgia thing about 16 that just gives me warm fuzzies.

Still three!

13 - Sometimes the things ASP finds funny are really baffling.

16 - Ah man. I really love this scene. 

9 - I hate this for so many reasons.

Still three!

8 - Meh.

18 - I use 'I'm coming for you!' way more often than I should. I don't know why I love this scene so much LOL.

27 - My daughter had to drive me to a doctor's appointment the other day, we had to take my husband's truck (a very large 4-door with a camper shell on the back and tinted windows) and I am not at all kidding when I say I felt like Emily being driven around by Lorelai. Soooo funny.

Voting against three for the last time.