Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

11 - Aw, Jess.

33 - "The Backside Boys" might be the funniest thing I've ever heard. Otherwise, meh.

35 - Spoiled brat Rory. I hate it, thanks bye.

Let's go ahead and drop to voting against two.

Favorite Scenes on the Phone

1. Luke and Lorelai talk about their first kiss. "We kissed. You and me, we kissed?" "I remember." "And it was...unexpected." "Lorelai, relax. I'm fine if you want to just forget it ever happened, really." "No, I don't want to forget it ever happened. It was a great kiss." "Yeah?" "If one of us had been a frog, it would have had some seriously impressive consequences." (Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)

2. Luke has to go to Maine unexpectedly just as he and Lorelai are figuring out their relationship. "Hey, it's me. Uh, listen, I got a call from my sister and T.J. They're up in Maine, and they got into a little accident -- nothing major, just each one of them broke an arm and a leg, so anyhow, they can't run the Renaissance Fair booth for a couple of weeks. So they asked me to come and help them out, and I, unfortunately, answered the phone, so I'm on my way to Maine. I'll be back in about a week. Okay? Bye. ..... Hey, it's me again. I'm not sure if we're at the point in this relationship where you actually need to know that much information about my whereabouts, so if we're not, I'm sorry. I could have just said, 'I'm going out of town, and I'll call you later.' So I'm going out of town, and I'll call you later. ..... Me again, the idiot that leaves you three rambling messages on your machine. I just wanted to tell you I got a cell phone before I left, so, you know, you could call if you want, but only if you want, so that's it. ..... Yeah, a number might be good. 860-294-1986. Okay, bye. ..... Just...don't change your mind until I get back, okay? Okay. Talk to you later." Lorelai's answering machine drops dead from exhaustion. (Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)

3. Lorelai talks Luke into doing the school career day talk. "Okay, not all your points are bad, but it’s not my school, it’s your school, and if you cancel, this whole town will know and when you walk down the street people will point and whisper, ‘There goes that Luke, he’s a real talk-canceler guy.’" "Ouch." "Plus, I promised the PTA, so my fragile reputation is on the line." "I think you’ll live." "Oh, Luke." "No!" "Hello, Dolly!" "Stop that." "This is Louis, Dolly!" "I'll just hang up." "I'll be coming ‘round the diner singing soooooooongs." "Have you been diagnosed?" "See you tomorrow at four." (One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes)

4. Luke calls Lorelai in a panic while at the club with Richard. "Good afternoon, Dragonfly Inn." "I franchised my place." "What?" "The diner. There’s going to be seven of them, and that’s just on the eastern seaboard. Then, I’m going national." "What are you talking about?" "Your father wants to open up a chain of Luke’s Diners, and I think I agreed to it." "No!" "I’ve already got a marketing guy, Herb’s my banker, your father is taking care of all my insurance needs, and apparently, everyone is going to be able to buy stock!" "Ugh! My parents, my stupid parents!" "And he wants to shave me." "Shave what?" "I don’t know, he just kept talking about shaving me, and I’m tipsy. We hit the club bar, and I didn’t want to sound dumb and just order a beer because it’s nitwit juice, so I had what your dad was having which was whiskey something – more whiskey than something, let me tell you, ‘cause I can’t even see straight." "Aw, you poor thing." "And I’ve got an art dealer now." "No!" "I’m driving to Manhattan next week to look at some Diebenkorns. What’s a Diebenkorn?" "I don’t know." "Oh, and I bought some golf clubs, they cost the same as a car." "Where are you now?" "I’m at the driving range, your dad’s making me practice for next time." "No! Leave! You do not need to practice." "Oh, and I sort of implied that I’m fond of the Greeks, so I have to read the Iliad and the Odyssey so we can chat about it, and can we not hang out with your parents for a very long time?" (You Jump, I Jump, Jack)

6. Lorelai falls apart after she and Luke break up. "Hey, Luke, it's me. I know I'm not supposed to be calling, but I am not doing really great right now, and -- I was just wondering, if, do you remember in The Way we Were, how Katie and Hubbell broke up because his friends were joking and laughing, and the president had just died, and she yelled at them and he was mad and he was going out to Hollywood, and, I mean, which she hated, and he broke up with her and she was really upset. And she called him and asked him if he would come over and sit with her because he was her best friend and she needed her best friend, and he did. And they talked all night, and they went out to Hollywood, which was a disaster, but it was good at first. With the boat, and uh, putting the books away. I've seen this movie a lot, so if you don't remember the putting the books away scene, don't feel stupid or anything. I was just sitting here thinking about it, because I, um, I'm in my house, and I was just, uh....could....please come over. I....please." (Say Something)

8. Luke calls Lorelai to let her know he is finally coming home from Maine. "How are you?" "Good." "Sorry, that was incomplete. How are you, you big, fat liar?" "What?" "You said you would be home yesterday." "I'm coming home today for sure." "Oh, what's that, Lucy? A football for me to kick?" (A Messenger, Nothing More)

10. Emily thinks Luke didn't follow her mandate to get back together with Lorelai and goes off on him at the diner. He speed-dials Lorelai so she can hear that Emily is there. "Hello?" "Just because you run a diner and have mastered the art of the blank stare does not mean it’s going to work with me!" (Pulp Friction)

12. The first guest for the Dragonfly calls to reserve a date. "Okay. Got your name. Got your number. Got you down for the 8th and 9th. Thank you, Mr. Turner. See you then. We're up and running." "We're up and running!" "But you wrote it down on a gum wrapper." "So?" "It's embarrassing. This is an historical document." "Who cares what she wrote it down on?" "Big Red wrapper." "Juicyfruit would have been better?" (The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais)

22. Rory angrily calls Mitchum when she realizes he's not going to come see Logan in the hospital. "Mitchum Huntzberger? Yes, it's Rory Gilmore. I just thought I'd call and remind you that Logan is lying in a hospital bed with a partially collapsed lung and a whole host of other potentially life-threatening injuries. And I'm figuring a guy like you, surrounded by nothing but a bunch of terrified sycophants might not have someone in his life with the guts to tell him what an incredibly selfish, narcissistic ass he's being, so I thought I'd jump on in. Swallow your pride, get in your car, and come down here and see your son, now!" (Super Cool Party People)

24. People start calling Lorelai at the diner since she spends so much time there. "Hey, Luke. What's going on?" "Oh, well, Tom called. The banister on the stairs has to be replaced. It'll be $4,000. Tamsin Cordally called. He needs a deposit on the quartersawn oak. It'll be $4,000. Julio the landscaper called. I have no idea what he said, but it's going to be $4,000. Vicki from Vicki's Horse Supply called. She thinks Pepper and Gunsmoke would suit your needs, but Gunsmoke snores, so the stables can't be too close to the guests' bedrooms. Rory's looking for her black Converse, and, oh, one last thing - I'm not taking messages for you anymore!" (The Fundamental Things Apply)

27. Richard calls Lorelai after she keeps hanging up on Emily, angry about the situation with Luke and Chris. "Dragonfly Inn." "Ah, yes. Lorelai. It’s your father." "Oh, Dad! How was your trip?" "Fine, Lorelai. Thank you very much." "And the flight back?" "Very smooth." "Smooth is good." "Actually, your mother wanted to talk to you for a moment." "Hello, Lorelai, I – " [Lorelai hangs up the phone] (So, Good Talk)

29. Emily calls Lorelai to give her the code to the panic room. "Okay, Mom. Give me the code, and I will keep the code safe." "Okay. Here goes. Are you ready?" "Pen is poised." "1, 1, 1... 1, 1." (We Got Us a Pippi Virgin)

31. Luke is apartment hunting. "Lorelai here." "I don’t want a wood-burning fireplace." "Luke?" "But if I take an apartment with a wood-burning fireplace, even though I could give a rat’s ass about a wood-burning fireplace, I have to pay an extra two hundred dollars a month for the wood-burning fireplace." "Yeah, but -- " "And three of the places make you put down a five hundred dollar deposit if you have a dog. Can you believe this?" "You don’t have a dog." "I know, but it’s wrong." (Lost & Found)

34. Jess calls Rory after he's moved back to New York. "So, what's up?" "Nothing. What about you?" "Same." "So, what have you been doing?" "Nothin' much. Just hanging out. . . in the park, mostly." "Central Park?" "Washington Square Park." "Oh." "It's cooler." (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

22 - I like that Rory had the cajones to tell Mitchum off about not coming to see Logan in the hospital when he was so seriously injured, but I really, really hate Mitchum (and Shira) in this storyline. It's not like Logan just had a broken leg or something, he could have died.

34 - Meh.

Voting against two.

1. Luke and Lorelai talk about their first kiss. "We kissed. You and me, we kissed?" "I remember." "And it was...unexpected." "Lorelai, relax. I'm fine if you want to just forget it ever happened, really." "No, I don't want to forget it ever happened. It was a great kiss." "Yeah?" "If one of us had been a frog, it would have had some seriously impressive consequences." (Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)

2. Luke has to go to Maine unexpectedly just as he and Lorelai are figuring out their relationship. "Hey, it's me. Uh, listen, I got a call from my sister and T.J. They're up in Maine, and they got into a little accident -- nothing major, just each one of them broke an arm and a leg, so anyhow, they can't run the Renaissance Fair booth for a couple of weeks. So they asked me to come and help them out, and I, unfortunately, answered the phone, so I'm on my way to Maine. I'll be back in about a week. Okay? Bye. ..... Hey, it's me again. I'm not sure if we're at the point in this relationship where you actually need to know that much information about my whereabouts, so if we're not, I'm sorry. I could have just said, 'I'm going out of town, and I'll call you later.' So I'm going out of town, and I'll call you later. ..... Me again, the idiot that leaves you three rambling messages on your machine. I just wanted to tell you I got a cell phone before I left, so, you know, you could call if you want, but only if you want, so that's it. ..... Yeah, a number might be good. 860-294-1986. Okay, bye. ..... Just...don't change your mind until I get back, okay? Okay. Talk to you later." Lorelai's answering machine drops dead from exhaustion. (Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)

3. Lorelai talks Luke into doing the school career day talk. "Okay, not all your points are bad, but it’s not my school, it’s your school, and if you cancel, this whole town will know and when you walk down the street people will point and whisper, ‘There goes that Luke, he’s a real talk-canceler guy.’" "Ouch." "Plus, I promised the PTA, so my fragile reputation is on the line." "I think you’ll live." "Oh, Luke." "No!" "Hello, Dolly!" "Stop that." "This is Louis, Dolly!" "I'll just hang up." "I'll be coming ‘round the diner singing soooooooongs." "Have you been diagnosed?" "See you tomorrow at four." (One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes)

4. Luke calls Lorelai in a panic while at the club with Richard. "Good afternoon, Dragonfly Inn." "I franchised my place." "What?" "The diner. There’s going to be seven of them, and that’s just on the eastern seaboard. Then, I’m going national." "What are you talking about?" "Your father wants to open up a chain of Luke’s Diners, and I think I agreed to it." "No!" "I’ve already got a marketing guy, Herb’s my banker, your father is taking care of all my insurance needs, and apparently, everyone is going to be able to buy stock!" "Ugh! My parents, my stupid parents!" "And he wants to shave me." "Shave what?" "I don’t know, he just kept talking about shaving me, and I’m tipsy. We hit the club bar, and I didn’t want to sound dumb and just order a beer because it’s nitwit juice, so I had what your dad was having which was whiskey something – more whiskey than something, let me tell you, ‘cause I can’t even see straight." "Aw, you poor thing." "And I’ve got an art dealer now." "No!" "I’m driving to Manhattan next week to look at some Diebenkorns. What’s a Diebenkorn?" "I don’t know." "Oh, and I bought some golf clubs, they cost the same as a car." "Where are you now?" "I’m at the driving range, your dad’s making me practice for next time." "No! Leave! You do not need to practice." "Oh, and I sort of implied that I’m fond of the Greeks, so I have to read the Iliad and the Odyssey so we can chat about it, and can we not hang out with your parents for a very long time?" (You Jump, I Jump, Jack)

6. Lorelai falls apart after she and Luke break up. "Hey, Luke, it's me. I know I'm not supposed to be calling, but I am not doing really great right now, and -- I was just wondering, if, do you remember in The Way we Were, how Katie and Hubbell broke up because his friends were joking and laughing, and the president had just died, and she yelled at them and he was mad and he was going out to Hollywood, and, I mean, which she hated, and he broke up with her and she was really upset. And she called him and asked him if he would come over and sit with her because he was her best friend and she needed her best friend, and he did. And they talked all night, and they went out to Hollywood, which was a disaster, but it was good at first. With the boat, and uh, putting the books away. I've seen this movie a lot, so if you don't remember the putting the books away scene, don't feel stupid or anything. I was just sitting here thinking about it, because I, um, I'm in my house, and I was just, uh....could....please come over. I....please." (Say Something)

8. Luke calls Lorelai to let her know he is finally coming home from Maine. "How are you?" "Good." "Sorry, that was incomplete. How are you, you big, fat liar?" "What?" "You said you would be home yesterday." "I'm coming home today for sure." "Oh, what's that, Lucy? A football for me to kick?" (A Messenger, Nothing More)

10. Emily thinks Luke didn't follow her mandate to get back together with Lorelai and goes off on him at the diner. He speed-dials Lorelai so she can hear that Emily is there. "Hello?" "Just because you run a diner and have mastered the art of the blank stare does not mean it’s going to work with me!" (Pulp Friction)

12. The first guest for the Dragonfly calls to reserve a date. "Okay. Got your name. Got your number. Got you down for the 8th and 9th. Thank you, Mr. Turner. See you then. We're up and running." "We're up and running!" "But you wrote it down on a gum wrapper." "So?" "It's embarrassing. This is an historical document." "Who cares what she wrote it down on?" "Big Red wrapper." "Juicyfruit would have been better?" (The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais)

24. People start calling Lorelai at the diner since she spends so much time there. "Hey, Luke. What's going on?" "Oh, well, Tom called. The banister on the stairs has to be replaced. It'll be $4,000. Tamsin Cordally called. He needs a deposit on the quartersawn oak. It'll be $4,000. Julio the landscaper called. I have no idea what he said, but it's going to be $4,000. Vicki from Vicki's Horse Supply called. She thinks Pepper and Gunsmoke would suit your needs, but Gunsmoke snores, so the stables can't be too close to the guests' bedrooms. Rory's looking for her black Converse, and, oh, one last thing - I'm not taking messages for you anymore!" (The Fundamental Things Apply)

27. Richard calls Lorelai after she keeps hanging up on Emily, angry about the situation with Luke and Chris. "Dragonfly Inn." "Ah, yes. Lorelai. It’s your father." "Oh, Dad! How was your trip?" "Fine, Lorelai. Thank you very much." "And the flight back?" "Very smooth." "Smooth is good." "Actually, your mother wanted to talk to you for a moment." "Hello, Lorelai, I – " [Lorelai hangs up the phone] (So, Good Talk)

29. Emily calls Lorelai to give her the code to the panic room. "Okay, Mom. Give me the code, and I will keep the code safe." "Okay. Here goes. Are you ready?" "Pen is poised." "1, 1, 1... 1, 1." (We Got Us a Pippi Virgin)

31. Luke is apartment hunting. "Lorelai here." "I don’t want a wood-burning fireplace." "Luke?" "But if I take an apartment with a wood-burning fireplace, even though I could give a rat’s ass about a wood-burning fireplace, I have to pay an extra two hundred dollars a month for the wood-burning fireplace." "Yeah, but -- " "And three of the places make you put down a five hundred dollar deposit if you have a dog. Can you believe this?" "You don’t have a dog." "I know, but it’s wrong." (Lost & Found)

24 - LOL

27 - LOL

Still two!

8 - "What's that, Lucy? A football for me to kick?" Heeeeee.

29 - *cackle*

Still voting against two.

6 hours ago, junienmomo said:

where’s my tree sap deposit!

Ha ha ha I started to leave the entire rant intact but the space taken up for this game gets really long as it is LOL.

12 - I do love that their dream of owning an Inn is truly becoming real at this point.

31 - Always love Luke rants.

Voting against just one now!

3 - Heeeeeee. "Hellllloooo, Dolly." How LG kept a straight face through that I'll never know.

6 - I kinda hate this scene, which I realize is blasphemy. Not sad to see it go.

36 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

6 - I kinda hate this scene, which I realize is blasphemy.

Shocking!  I think she did a great job in that scene, it was so sad and so realistic.  Ah, well, different strokes.

Sticking with 2 although this is so hard now.

• Love 1

4 - Everybody always jumps on Emily for making Luke feel stupid and not good enough for Lorelai, but Richard did the exact same thing -- only in a more subtle, passive-aggressive way. It makes me really angry. Happy to help vote this one out as well.