Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

So next game. I was thinking scenes with teens interacting with adults (other than their parental figures - so no Rory/Lorelai or Rory/g'rents, no Lane/Mrs. Kim, no Jess/Luke) sounded like fun. What do you guys think?

Start listing! 

Favorite scenes between teens and non-parental adults

1. Mrs. Kim chases Rory away with a water hose when she finds out about the termites. "See all the furniture in there? Wood, all wood. You must go. Go now." (Secrets & Loans)

2. Mrs. Kim stops Dave, Brian, and Zach as they're driving through town to warn Dave that Lane has a crush on him. "I thought you should know. She’s a good girl, but flighty sometimes. Be careful around her. I know you’re a serious boy, I don’t want you to be shocked." (Swan Song)

3. Jess comes over to clean the gutters and makes an effort to get along with Lorelai. "So you guys aren’t too hot on vegetables, huh?" "What are you talking about? There’s green pepper in the Kung Pao." "My mistake." "So, are you a healthy eater like Luke?" "No. No one’s a healthy eater like Luke. Yule Gibbons wasn’t a healthy eater like Luke." (Lost & Found)

4. Rory supports Jackson in not finding out the sex of Sookie's baby. They chat while Lorelai and Sookie go out in the shed. "So, you hear about that whole Sputnik thing?" "Oh, Eisenhower's on top of it." (Ballrooms & Biscotti)

5. Rory sees Luke is back home after she and Jess had the car wreck. "Luke?" "Yeah?" "It wasn't  his fault." "I know it wasn't." (Help Wanted)

Rory goes into the diner when she is estranged from Lorelai. Luke tells her that he and Lorelai are engaged.

Luke gives Rory his mom's pearls

Lane and Lorelai attempt to fix the broken window

Lane and Lorelai have a moment when Lane tells her about the boy with the cute hair (Rory is snowed in with the G-rents)

Lorelai and Paris have lunch and they talk about sleepwear. 

Zach is freaking out about being a dad and Luke talks him off the "ledge"

Lorelai comes in for coffee. Lane calls her the blur because she's been working nonstop at the Inn.

Lorelai has a talk with Dean. Dean knows that Rory likes Jess

Lorelai catches Dean trying to talk to Rory through the bedroom window but Rory isn't home. Lorelai tells Dean not to hurt Rory or pain will occur

1. Mrs. Kim chases Rory away with a water hose when she finds out about the termites. "See all the furniture in there? Wood, all wood. You must go. Go now." (Secrets & Loans)

2. Mrs. Kim stops Dave, Brian, and Zach as they're driving through town to warn Dave that Lane has a crush on him. "I thought you should know. She’s a good girl, but flighty sometimes. Be careful around her. I know you’re a serious boy, I don’t want you to be shocked." (Swan Song)

3. Jess comes over to clean the gutters and makes an effort to get along with Lorelai. "So you guys aren’t too hot on vegetables, huh?" "What are you talking about? There’s green pepper in the Kung Pao." "My mistake." "So, are you a healthy eater like Luke?" "No. No one’s a healthy eater like Luke. Yule Gibbons wasn’t a healthy eater like Luke." (Lost & Found)

4. Rory supports Jackson in not finding out the sex of Sookie's baby. They chat while Lorelai and Sookie go out in the shed. "So, you hear about that whole Sputnik thing?" "Oh, Eisenhower's on top of it." (Ballrooms & Biscotti)

5. Rory sees Luke is back home after she and Jess had the car wreck. "Luke?" "Yeah?" "It wasn't his fault." "I know it wasn't." (Help Wanted)

6. Rory stops in at the diner during the Rift. "So...how are....people? Are people good?" "Yeah, people are good. People are, uh..... Your mom and I are engaged." "Engaged?" "Yeah." "Wow." (Fight Face)

7. Luke has a special gift for Rory for her 21st birthday. "It was my mother's. Liz can't wear it 'cause her neck's too fat, but your neck looks, you know, not fat. It was sitting around in my drawer, so I thought, 'hey, give it to Rory'. You know you're lucky 'cause Caesar's birthday is next month and I know he likes pearls, so...." "Thank you." (21 is the Loneliest Number)

8. Lane is staying with Lorelai while she is kicked out of her home. She helps Lorelai work on the broken window. "Okay, how does it look?" "Festive and femme." "Yes, and completely ineffective." "Maybe it just needs another layer." "Yes, of glass." (Nag Hammadi is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels)

9. Rory is snowed in at the grandparents so Lane has to confide in Lorelai about Rich Bloomingfeld. "I did something really stupid today." "Okay, what'd you pierce?" "Nothing. I touched a boy's hair." "Okay." "A boy I really like." "So far, missing the stupid part." "I kind of did it without his permission." "Now we're getting somewhere." (Love & War & Snow)

10. Paris keeps coming to hang out with Lorelai after Rory drops out of Yale. "The truth is, this is the first time in my life that I've consistently spent the night with a man." "Uh huh...." "I don't know the rules. Obviously, the clothes have to come off for the actual sex part of the evening, but, afterward, what are you supposed to do? I mean nightgowns are obviously out, but wearing nothing seems extreme. And, in case of fire, completely impractical." "I'm sure." "I wore a camisole one night. It almost strangled me." (The UnGraduate)

11. Zach is freaking out about impending fatherhood and keeps unloading on Luke. "Listen, I know what's going on, okay? You're about to become a father, so you're panicking." "I am, dude, big-time." "Promise you you'll get through this." "I don't know how to throw a damn Frisbee." "Don't worry about it, okay?" "I just -- I really could use your help on all this father stuff that I know nothing about." (Gilmore Girls Only)

12. Lorelai tries to keep herself busy while Rory is off touring Europe with Emily. "Lorelai, hi. Would you like your usual to go?" "Yes, and quick-quick, please." "You know, people are calling you the blur." "That's mean. Or is it? What is that?" "You're not around, and you're always running -- swoosh, blur." "Well, that's business, baby. If you slow down, they might catch up with you." (A Messenger, Nothing More)

13. Lorelai comes home after dropping Rory off at Lane's to find Dean waiting to see Rory. "Dean." "She likes Jess, doesn't she?" (Back in the Saddle Again)

14. Dean comes to Rory's window and finds Lorelai instead. "Please just tell me where I stand." "I don’t know where you stand, ok? All I know is my 16 year old daughter didn’t come home one night and you had something to do with that." "I told you, nothing...." "....happened, I heard." "Look you can hate me but you have to believe me, I would not let anything happen to her." "You happened to her." (Forgiveness & Stuff)

15. Mrs. Kim sits down to write a song with Zach before she will give him permission to formally propose to Lane. "I can't write a hit, okay?" "Not with that attitude you can’t. Now, pick up your guitar. Let me hear the last line of the chorus again." "Tell me before the kettle blows you know we got another commotion." "Stinks." "Great." (I'm Okay, You're Okay)

16. Lorelai lays down the law with Dean before he and Rory really start dating. "I need you not to hate me. If you hate me then I don't have a shot in hell with Rory." "Rory has her own mind." "Yeah, but you're her best friend and what you think means everything to her and you know that." "I wanna like you. 'Cause Rory likes you." "But you don't." "I want to, and I usually get what I want." "Fair enough." (Kiss and Tell)

17.  Michel and Rory fight over post-its. "I see you're making liberal use of my pink neon post-it notes." "I'm sorry. Would you like me to reimburse you for the seven pink neon post-it notes that I have used? 'Cause I'd be happy to if you can break a penny." "No, little Lorelai, it's not the cost that is the problem. It's the disruption." "Disruption?" "Of the system." "I see." "Do you?" "No." "The pink neon post-it notes are used for guests who are checking in. The green neon post-it notes are for guests checking out. And the watermelon post-it notes are for guests who have altered or cancelled their reservations. As you can see, the pink neon stack is now woefully out of balance with the green neon stack, creating the illusion that more guests have been checking in than checking out, which, of course, is a physical impossibility unless we have begun murdering them." (I'm Okay, You're Okay)

18. Paris is determined to find the seedy underbelly of Stars Hollow. "So, you run the diner, huh?" "Oh boy." "You get a lot of truckers through here?" "Truckers?" "Yeah. You know, guys on the road for weeks, lonely, looking for company, a little pick me up. Things like that." "What’s she talking about?" "Your guess is as good as mine." "It’s pretty common knowledge that diners are breeding grounds for prostitution and drug dealers." "What?" "Have you ever seen anything like that going down here?" "Have I ever...." "What about that guy over there? What’s his story?" "Reverend Nichols?" "Reverend Nichols, huh? What is that, like Dr. Feelgood?" (Richard in Stars Hollow)

19. Taylor makes Rory the Ice Cream Queen without asking her first. "Okay, that's it. I humiliate myself at least six times a year for this town, and just because I'm going to Yale, that's not going to stop. Now the reason I am not the Ice Cream Queen is because Taylor never asked me. I didn't know about it, and that's why I was busy. Now I love this town, I will be back in that ridiculous pilgrim outfit at Thanksgiving, so everybody just get off my back." (Ballrooms & Biscotti)

20. Lane and Rory stop by the antique shop after school. "So, how was school? None of the girls get pregnant, drop out?" "Not that we know of." "Though come to think of it, Joanna Posner was glowing a little." "What?" "Nothing, Mama. She's just kidding." "Boys don't like funny girls." "Noted." (Pilot)

21. Rory interviews Max for the school paper. "I don't really believe in regrets. All my experiences, even the ones that didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, I firmly believe they were all worth it." "I just want you to know, I really wanted you to be my stepfather." "I just want you to know, I really wanted to be your stepfather." (Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy)

22. Rory is caught being Puffed. "I distinctly heard you mumbling something in a rather disgruntled tone, I'd like to know what it was." "I said this is unbelievable." "And why is this unbelievable, Miss Gilmore?" "Because I didn't even want to be here in the first place." "Oh, now, Miss Gilmore…" "Things were going fine, my grades were good, I joined the paper. My routine was down." "Your routine was…" "And I have friends. I have a steady boyfriend, and my mother and I are freakishly linked, and Lane and I have been best friends since kindergarten. But you don't see that because I don't live in this town, and if you don't see it then it must not be true. And you call me in here to lecture me because I'd rather read at lunch then endlessly discuss the euthanasia of homecoming." "Your reading had…" "You told me and you told my mother that I needed to socialize, and if I didn't, it would be frowned upon and it would hurt me getting into Harvard." "Well, yes, we did say that." "So, I did it. I sat down at a table, a random table." "Random?" "And the next thing I know, I'm being pulled out of my bed in the middle of the night and I'm blindfolded and then before I know it, I end up here with the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, reciting poetry and lighting candles, and now I'm gonna be suspended because I was trying to do what you told me? What's fair about that?" (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

23. Rory and Lane go into the diner for breakfast before school. "Hey, wrong table." "Since when is there a right table?" "Since the coffee cake I baked for you and the stupid balloons I blew up are at that table, over there." "You blew up balloons for me?" "Yep." "Oh, Luke, you old softie." "I count to three, it's gone." (Rory's Birthday Parties)

5. Rory sees Luke is back home after she and Jess had the car wreck. "Luke?" "Yeah?" "It wasn't his fault." "I know it wasn't." (Help Wanted)

6. Rory stops in at the diner during the Rift. "So...how are....people? Are people good?" "Yeah, people are good. People are, uh..... Your mom and I are engaged." "Engaged?" "Yeah." "Wow." (Fight Face)

7. Luke has a special gift for Rory for her 21st birthday. "It was my mother's. Liz can't wear it 'cause her neck's too fat, but your neck looks, you know, not fat. It was sitting around in my drawer, so I thought, 'hey, give it to Rory'. You know you're lucky 'cause Caesar's birthday is next month and I know he likes pearls, so...." "Thank you." (21 is the Loneliest Number)

8. Lane is staying with Lorelai while she is kicked out of her home. She helps Lorelai work on the broken window. "Okay, how does it look?" "Festive and femme." "Yes, and completely ineffective." "Maybe it just needs another layer." "Yes, of glass." (Nag Hammadi is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels)

9. Rory is snowed in at the grandparents so Lane has to confide in Lorelai about Rich Bloomingfeld. "I did something really stupid today." "Okay, what'd you pierce?" "Nothing. I touched a boy's hair." "Okay." "A boy I really like." "So far, missing the stupid part." "I kind of did it without his permission." "Now we're getting somewhere." (Love & War & Snow)

10. Paris keeps coming to hang out with Lorelai after Rory drops out of Yale. "The truth is, this is the first time in my life that I've consistently spent the night with a man." "Uh huh...." "I don't know the rules. Obviously, the clothes have to come off for the actual sex part of the evening, but, afterward, what are you supposed to do? I mean nightgowns are obviously out, but wearing nothing seems extreme. And, in case of fire, completely impractical." "I'm sure." "I wore a camisole one night. It almost strangled me." (The UnGraduate)

11. Zach is freaking out about impending fatherhood and keeps unloading on Luke. "Listen, I know what's going on, okay? You're about to become a father, so you're panicking." "I am, dude, big-time." "Promise you you'll get through this." "I don't know how to throw a damn Frisbee." "Don't worry about it, okay?" "I just -- I really could use your help on all this father stuff that I know nothing about." (Gilmore Girls Only)

12. Lorelai tries to keep herself busy while Rory is off touring Europe with Emily. "Lorelai, hi. Would you like your usual to go?" "Yes, and quick-quick, please." "You know, people are calling you the blur." "That's mean. Or is it? What is that?" "You're not around, and you're always running -- swoosh, blur." "Well, that's business, baby. If you slow down, they might catch up with you." (A Messenger, Nothing More)

13. Lorelai comes home after dropping Rory off at Lane's to find Dean waiting to see Rory. "Dean." "She likes Jess, doesn't she?" (Back in the Saddle Again)

14. Dean comes to Rory's window and finds Lorelai instead. "Please just tell me where I stand." "I don’t know where you stand, ok? All I know is my 16 year old daughter didn’t come home one night and you had something to do with that." "I told you, nothing...." "....happened, I heard." "Look you can hate me but you have to believe me, I would not let anything happen to her." "You happened to her." (Forgiveness & Stuff)

15. Mrs. Kim sits down to write a song with Zach before she will give him permission to formally propose to Lane. "I can't write a hit, okay?" "Not with that attitude you can’t. Now, pick up your guitar. Let me hear the last line of the chorus again." "Tell me before the kettle blows you know we got another commotion." "Stinks." "Great." (I'm Okay, You're Okay)

16. Lorelai lays down the law with Dean before he and Rory really start dating. "I need you not to hate me. If you hate me then I don't have a shot in hell with Rory." "Rory has her own mind." "Yeah, but you're her best friend and what you think means everything to her and you know that." "I wanna like you. 'Cause Rory likes you." "But you don't." "I want to, and I usually get what I want." "Fair enough." (Kiss and Tell)

17.  Michel and Rory fight over post-its. "I see you're making liberal use of my pink neon post-it notes." "I'm sorry. Would you like me to reimburse you for the seven pink neon post-it notes that I have used? 'Cause I'd be happy to if you can break a penny." "No, little Lorelai, it's not the cost that is the problem. It's the disruption." "Disruption?" "Of the system." "I see." "Do you?" "No." "The pink neon post-it notes are used for guests who are checking in. The green neon post-it notes are for guests checking out. And the watermelon post-it notes are for guests who have altered or cancelled their reservations. As you can see, the pink neon stack is now woefully out of balance with the green neon stack, creating the illusion that more guests have been checking in than checking out, which, of course, is a physical impossibility unless we have begun murdering them." (I'm Okay, You're Okay)

18. Paris is determined to find the seedy underbelly of Stars Hollow. "So, you run the diner, huh?" "Oh boy." "You get a lot of truckers through here?" "Truckers?" "Yeah. You know, guys on the road for weeks, lonely, looking for company, a little pick me up. Things like that." "What’s she talking about?" "Your guess is as good as mine." "It’s pretty common knowledge that diners are breeding grounds for prostitution and drug dealers." "What?" "Have you ever seen anything like that going down here?" "Have I ever...." "What about that guy over there? What’s his story?" "Reverend Nichols?" "Reverend Nichols, huh? What is that, like Dr. Feelgood?" (Richard in Stars Hollow)

19. Taylor makes Rory the Ice Cream Queen without asking her first. "Okay, that's it. I humiliate myself at least six times a year for this town, and just because I'm going to Yale, that's not going to stop. Now the reason I am not the Ice Cream Queen is because Taylor never asked me. I didn't know about it, and that's why I was busy. Now I love this town, I will be back in that ridiculous pilgrim outfit at Thanksgiving, so everybody just get off my back." (Ballrooms & Biscotti)

20. Lane and Rory stop by the antique shop after school. "So, how was school? None of the girls get pregnant, drop out?" "Not that we know of." "Though come to think of it, Joanna Posner was glowing a little." "What?" "Nothing, Mama. She's just kidding." "Boys don't like funny girls." "Noted." (Pilot)

21. Rory interviews Max for the school paper. "I don't really believe in regrets. All my experiences, even the ones that didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, I firmly believe they were all worth it." "I just want you to know, I really wanted you to be my stepfather." "I just want you to know, I really wanted to be your stepfather." (Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy)

22. Rory is caught being Puffed. "I distinctly heard you mumbling something in a rather disgruntled tone, I'd like to know what it was." "I said this is unbelievable." "And why is this unbelievable, Miss Gilmore?" "Because I didn't even want to be here in the first place." "Oh, now, Miss Gilmore…" "Things were going fine, my grades were good, I joined the paper. My routine was down." "Your routine was…" "And I have friends. I have a steady boyfriend, and my mother and I are freakishly linked, and Lane and I have been best friends since kindergarten. But you don't see that because I don't live in this town, and if you don't see it then it must not be true. And you call me in here to lecture me because I'd rather read at lunch then endlessly discuss the euthanasia of homecoming." "Your reading had…" "You told me and you told my mother that I needed to socialize, and if I didn't, it would be frowned upon and it would hurt me getting into Harvard." "Well, yes, we did say that." "So, I did it. I sat down at a table, a random table." "Random?" "And the next thing I know, I'm being pulled out of my bed in the middle of the night and I'm blindfolded and then before I know it, I end up here with the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, reciting poetry and lighting candles, and now I'm gonna be suspended because I was trying to do what you told me? What's fair about that?" (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

23. Rory and Lane go into the diner for breakfast before school. "Hey, wrong table." "Since when is there a right table?" "Since the coffee cake I baked for you and the stupid balloons I blew up are at that table, over there." "You blew up balloons for me?" "Yep." "Oh, Luke, you old softie." "I count to three, it's gone." (Rory's Birthday Parties)

24. Dave shows back up to find out what Mrs. Kim's answer regarding prom means. "I stayed up all night. I read the entire Bible cover to cover. I don't know what it means." "David." "You have to tell me what it means. Is it yes, is it no? I can't feel my right elbow anymore. I don't even know why, but I can't." "David." "Please, just tell me. I'm so tired." "It's not from the Bible." "What?" "It's Shakespeare, Henry VI. I like to goof off now and then, too, you know." (Say Goodnight, Gracie)

Luke is off his game. He's sad about Lorelai. Lane asks for hash browns but she gets a side of hash like product.

Paris goes to Lorelai's house to talk about Rory dropping out of Yale. She meets Luke ... again

Lorelai brokers peace between Lane and Mrs. Kim

Time to start voting! Voting against three.

24. Dave shows back up to find out what Mrs. Kim's answer regarding prom means. "I stayed up all night. I read the entire Bible cover to cover. I don't know what it means." "David." "You have to tell me what it means. Is it yes, is it no? I can't feel my right elbow anymore. I don't even know why, but I can't." "David." "Please, just tell me. I'm so tired." "It's not from the Bible." "What?" "It's Shakespeare, Henry VI. I like to goof off now and then, too, you know." (Say Goodnight, Gracie)

25. Luke is upset over his breakup with Lorelai. He takes it out on the food. "Uh, Luke?" "What?" "Um, I know you’re really busy back there -- is that the door to the oven?" "It fell off when I kicked it. Something wrong?" "Well, I needed a side of hash browns for table three, and I’m really, really sorry, but this is hash. I think. I mean, it’s hash-like." "They’ll eat it." "They might, or they might go have breakfast at Weston’s like the lady with the walker you threw out about an hour ago." (So...Good Talk)

26. Paris goes to Lorelai's house to talk to her about Rory dropping out of Yale. She meets Luke for the not-first time. "Paris, listen to me. You are a very smart, driven young lady. You can be anything you want. Except a diplomat. You don't need Rory to push you." "Rory is my only friend. She stays in the room until I'm completely done saying something. I need that." (New and Improved Lorelai)

27. Lorelai helps Lane and Mrs. Kim find some common ground on raising the twins. "Well, I might take them at Christmas." "Okay so when you say they're never going to church, you don't really mean they're never going to church." "Okay, not never-never, but mostly never." "Can't you tell your mom that?" "No way." "Can I tell your mom that?" "Okay, if you want, but tell her I am not bending on the shrimp thing." "Well I got you there, fried shrimp is one of the best things on the planet." "A double whammy -- unclean meat fried in unclean oil." "That doesn't sound as good, but look at it this way. For the first year, your kids probably won't be eating solid food anyway, and I don't think they make mashed fried shrimp." "So?" "So, you could tell your mother that your kids will not eat fried shrimp for at least a year, right?" "Well, technically." "Technically is good enough for me. You sit tight. I'll be back." (Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?)

28. Headmaster Charleston tries to get to the bottom of Paris and Rory's bickering. "Shut up!" "No, you shut up!" "Enough! This behavior will stop this instant. It is disgraceful, especially from the political leaders of this campus. Now, I’d like to know what is actually driving this recent rash of infighting. Oh, goody, I get to guess. Well, let’s see, perhaps you’re arguing over the same boy?" "Sure, we’re girls, so we could only be arguing about a boy, right? Sexist, white-haired -- " "Paris, are you muttering?" "No, sorry." (Lorelai Out of Water)

29. Paris accepts her diploma from Headmaster Charleston. "Congratulations, Paris." "No hard feelings." "....Okay." (Those Are Strings, Pinocchio)

30. Rory meets Alex at the door when he comes to pick Lorelai up for their fishing date. "Your mom’s never been fishing before, has she?" "Oh, no, she’s a well-seasoned fish killer." "Uh huh. I made lunch reservations at the Shahaela Lodge and Spa afterward. Think she’ll like that?" "She’ll love that." "Good. Go back to sleep." (Lorelai Out of Water)

Edited by Taryn74

3 - Aww, I love how awkward and almost vulnerable Jess is in those scenes. (Although it makes me hate Lorelai even more for the way she treats him later regarding the bracelet. Grrrrr.)

29 - Just one of those small moments that always makes me laugh, but not important.

30 - Alex had potential, wish the actor had been available for longer.

Still three!

25. Luke is upset over his breakup with Lorelai. He takes it out on the food. "Uh, Luke?" "What?" "Um, I know you’re really busy back there -- is that the door to the oven?" "It fell off when I kicked it. Something wrong?" "Well, I needed a side of hash browns for table three, and I’m really, really sorry, but this is hash. I think. I mean, it’s hash-like." "They’ll eat it." "They might, or they might go have breakfast at Weston’s like the lady with the walker you threw out about an hour ago." (So...Good Talk)

26. Paris goes to Lorelai's house to talk to her about Rory dropping out of Yale. She meets Luke for the not-first time. "Paris, listen to me. You are a very smart, driven young lady. You can be anything you want. Except a diplomat. You don't need Rory to push you." "Rory is my only friend. She stays in the room until I'm completely done saying something. I need that." (New and Improved Lorelai)

27. Lorelai helps Lane and Mrs. Kim find some common ground on raising the twins. "Well, I might take them at Christmas." "Okay so when you say they're never going to church, you don't really mean they're never going to church." "Okay, not never-never, but mostly never." "Can't you tell your mom that?" "No way." "Can I tell your mom that?" "Okay, if you want, but tell her I am not bending on the shrimp thing." "Well I got you there, fried shrimp is one of the best things on the planet." "A double whammy -- unclean meat fried in unclean oil." "That doesn't sound as good, but look at it this way. For the first year, your kids probably won't be eating solid food anyway, and I don't think they make mashed fried shrimp." "So?" "So, you could tell your mother that your kids will not eat fried shrimp for at least a year, right?" "Well, technically." "Technically is good enough for me. You sit tight. I'll be back." (Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?)

28. Headmaster Charleston tries to get to the bottom of Paris and Rory's bickering. "Shut up!" "No, you shut up!" "Enough! This behavior will stop this instant. It is disgraceful, especially from the political leaders of this campus. Now, I’d like to know what is actually driving this recent rash of infighting. Oh, goody, I get to guess. Well, let’s see, perhaps you’re arguing over the same boy?" "Sure, we’re girls, so we could only be arguing about a boy, right? Sexist, white-haired -- " "Paris, are you muttering?" "No, sorry." (Lorelai Out of Water)

2 - Amusing, but not important.

14 - It's Dean, so blah.

28 - Headmaster was being sexist, but "Paris, are you muttering?" always cracks me up more than it should.

Still three!

31. Mrs. Kim is displeased to find Jess hovering beside the eggless-egg-salad sandwich table. "Who are you?" "Jess.....ma'am." (They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?)

32. Mrs. Kim is displeased to find Jess at the window when Rory is spending the night after the Inn burns. "Baseball bat?" "Cricket." " 'Night." (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

33. Mrs. Kim is displeased that Dean has come by looking for Lane. "You're science partners?" "Yes Mama, I invited him over to work." "Work?" "On our science project." "Reproduction?" (P.S. I Lo...)

Edited by Taryn74
Thought of some faves I left off the list!

Holy crap, ya'll. I totally forgot to add two of what are probably my favorite teen/adult scenes in the whole series! Adding them to the bottom of the list now.

ETA - Remembered a third, too!

Edited by Taryn74

Be sure to notice that I remembered some faves I forgot to add to the list before we started, and added them to the bottom. 😉

10 - Funny, but uncomfortable. TMI, Paris.

26 - Revolves around the Rift, so ugh.

12 - Boring. Also, it involves the cheating storyline, so ugh.

Still three!

31. Mrs. Kim is displeased to find Jess hovering beside the eggless-egg-salad sandwich table. "Who are you?" "Jess.....ma'am." (They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?)

32. Mrs. Kim is displeased to find Jess at the window when Rory is spending the night after the Inn burns. "Baseball bat?" "Cricket." " 'Night." (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

33. Mrs. Kim is displeased that Dean has come by looking for Lane. "You're science partners?" "Yes Mama, I invited him over to work." "Work?" "On our science project." "Reproduction?" (P.S. I Lo...)

11 - I like that Zach looked to Luke as a father figure of sorts (even if it was way out of the blue) but otherwise, meh.

16 - Dean was so impudent. Too bad he didn't grab a beer out of the fridge first so Lorelai would really unleash on him. 😒

19 - Sometimes Taylor is just right, sometimes he's way too much. This was Taylor being way too much.

Still three!

still 13 

20 - Only because Lane was interacting with Mrs. Kim as much as Rory was. 

21 - kind of a nice moment and I wish Rory's relationship with a good teacher wasn't overshadowed by her mother's relationship with him. But, overall I'm not a huge Max fan and this moment pales compared to others. 

13 - If only Dean had taken the hint and just broken up with Rory then, I think I would like this storyline SO much more. Maybe.

21 - One of the only times I liked Max. His non-Lorelai interactions with Rory were actually kind of great.

20 - Funny, and slightly memorable, but not an amazing scene or anything like that.

Last time voting against three!

7 - there's so many great Luke and Rory moments, so I feel like my least favourite of those should go. Rory just isn't a pearls kind of girl. (Sorry, Emily.)

8 - Lane and Lorelai have a sweet relationship (I just stopped to think the other day that Lane must have become turned on to alternative music because of Lorelai.), but this isn't their top moment. 

33 - same philosophy as the others. so many great Mrs. Kim moments; this is the least favourite of the bunch.

47 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

33 - same philosophy as the others. so many great Mrs. Kim moments; this is the least favourite of the bunch.

It just kills me how she says "Reproduction?" like 'I am so on to you kids and your double talk so don't even try to play me'. I literally rewind and LOL like ten times before I can move on. 

• LOL 1

8 - I do think it's sweet how Lorelai offers to go visit Mrs. Kim in a roundabout way but doesn't push Lane into it before she's ready.

15 - I love that Mrs. Kim made sure Zach knew she expected him to take care of Lane AND follow his passions if they were going to have her blessing.

7 - Super precious of Luke to give Rory the pearls, but I agree that she's not the pearls type. I love when she introduces him to the DAR darlings as "my step-father to be" though.

Voting against just two now!

22 - I hate everything having to do with the Puffs. Could Francie be any more annoying?! Lord. (Funny story though, my daughter sent me a message yesterday to let me know some kids in her dorm had done something stupid and if they didn't come forward everybody in the dorm would have a charge added to their account for vandalism. I was thinking wow, they must have really done some property damage or something, so I asked her what happened? She said somebody stole a stool. I was like, I feel like that time when Lorelai got called into the school while Rory was being Puffed. LOL)

25 - Hey, ASP? Not everything you think is funny, is funny. Some things are just cringey. This is one of them.

Voting against two!

18 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Still 33

33 was voted out a couple of rounds ago?

6 - Definitely sad. 😞

17 - Sometimes Michel just gets on my nerves. There, I said it. Heh.

Voting against just one now!