Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

5 - The girls' reactions are truly hilarious. "Don't ask questions, don't ask questions, don't ask questions."

24 - I hate, hate, hate the way Emily and Richard constantly treat Luke. Hate.

Still two!

Favorite Awkward Moments!

1. Lorelai stops by Kim's Antiques. "Oh, hey, Mrs. Kim." "Hello, Lorelai. What can I do for you?" "Well, do you still have the big door knockers -- metal with the chipped red paint? [Mrs. Kim picks up a door knocker.] You're a magician. Do you know that? Oh, it's great. Isn't it big?" "And good price, seeing as how it may have belonged to James Madison. It was commonly known that James Madison liked big knockers." "I bet a lot of the founding fathers liked big knockers. ....... I'm sorry for laughing. I'd explain if I could." "It's a double entendre. I've been in this country 20 years. I get things." (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

2. Luke and Lorelai go to Sniffy's Tavern for their first real date. "Is this like a Mafia thing?" "Excuse me?" "The whole coming in, special table, reserved sign. Are you gonna have to whack someone before the soup course?" "No, I've filled my whacking quota for the week. [cringes] Dirty?" "Extremely." (Written in the Stars)

3. Rory and Lorelai discuss laundry. "One of us has to do laundry tonight." "Why?" "Because I haven't had any clean underwear for three days." "So right now under your skirt you're wearing...?" "Not underwear." "Mom!" "It's kinda nice, actually -- breezy." "My role model, ladies and gentlemen." (Kiss and Tell)

4. Rory and Lorelai are up really early for the Yale/Harvard football game. "Where's Luke?" "Probably in bed where the rest of the world is on a Saturday. Did I put on underwear?" "What?" "I think I forgot to put on underwear. Can you check? ....... Did I just ask you to check if I put on underwear?" "Yes." "I hate football." (Ted Koppel's Big Night Out)

13. Rachel, looking fresh as a daisy with no airplane hair in sight, steps back into Luke's life. "I'm Lorelai." "Oh yeah. She's Lorelai." "I'm Luke's friend." "Yeah. She uh, uh, works at the Independence Inn." "I run it, actually." "Sorry, she runs it." "Wow, I love that place." "Oh!" "That must be a pretty big job." "It is! It's crazy. There's always something happening. Like, we just put these coffee makers in all the rooms, but only half of them work. They just like shake and gurgle, like they're having some kind of a fit. Why were you in the Mideast?" "I was doing a photo story, on how Palestinian and Israeli families have been affected by the violence." "Uh huh, well, so you understand about the job pressure." "Yeah." (Star Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers)

15. Kirk panics when Lorelai offers him and Lulu a room at the test run of the Dragonfly and goes to Luke for advice. "The worst part of night terrors is it always ends up with me on top of the roof completely naked or running down the street completely naked or swimming in the community-center pool completely naked. That was the time I thought I was on fire." "Kirk, that's terrible." "Well, I'm used to it now, so it's kind of second nature to me, but Lulu -- " "Right, Lulu." "How is she going to take it? I mean, I could scare her or ninja-kick her and lock her up with a pillow. I think I love her, Luke, and I haven't even told her that I love her. I spelled it out in chocolate-covered Oreos once, but she was really hungry, and I'm not sure if she read it first. I can't assault her before I tell her I love her." "What do you want me to do about it?" "I called the Dragonfly and had them put me and Lulu in the room right next to yours. That way, if you hear anything -- screaming, or Russian -- you can come in and pull me off of Lulu." "Oh." "Unless, when you come in, it looks like you shouldn't pull me off of Lulu." "Kirk." "You can use your judgment on that one." (Raincoats & Recipes)

16. After finding out Luke and Lorelai are engaged, Babette shares the story of how Morey proposed. "Morey proposed to me spontaneously. Did I ever tell you the story?" "Um, no." "It was a brisk fall night, and Morey was on top. No, wait, I was on top." "What?" "Hold on! Stony Morrison was on top." "Babette!" "We were playing Twister. Did I not mention that?" "No!" "I probably should have." (New and Improved Lorelai)

21. Lorelai wakes up wanting coffee after sleeping with Luke for the first time and he's too asleep to warn her not to go down to the diner. "Well, I think people are gonna know." "What? What are you talking about? [fully awake now] Why are you wearing my shirt?" "I put it on to go get coffee." "Downstairs?" "Well, you don't keep it upstairs." "The diner's open." "You're kidding!" "You walked into the diner like that?" "I didn't think the diner could open without you." "I had Caesar open." "Well, he did, with a floor show." (Written in the Stars)

22. Richard and Emily worry that Rory is planning to have relations with Logan and call in a minister to warn her of the dangers of premarital sex. "You know, Rory, being a young lady comes with many gifts. Your virtue, for example, is a gift, a precious gift. Possibly the most precious gift you possess." "Uh-huh." "You want to give this gift very carefully. It is a gift you can give to only one man. Once you give it, it's gone. You can't re-gift it. If you give it away too soon to the wrong man, then when the right one does come along, you have no gift to give. You'll have to buy him a sweater. Do you understand what I'm saying?" "No." "Think long and hard about when and to whom you want to give the ultimate gift you have to give away." "Oh." "Yes." "Oh, dear." "Oh, dear, indeed." "Um...well, listen, Reverend. I really appreciate you taking the time out of what I assume is a busy day to come here and talk to me about...all of this, but, um, I'm afraid the ultimate-gift ship has sailed." "What?" "A while ago. It's probably in Fiji by now." (Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number)

23. Mrs. Kim has The Talk with Lane on her wedding day. "Marriage is a job, Lane. There are rewards that come with this job, but there are also sacrifices. There are things you're going to have to do." "Things?" "Terrible things." "Mama, you don't have to…" "You need to hear this, you need to know what to expect. It will start early." "What will?" "The man's expectations. It starts early, at the wedding, actually. At the wedding, you're going to have to kiss him." "Mama." "You will then be expected to share a bed tonight, and when you’re in that bed you're expected to…" "Mama, please." "You're going to have to do it with this boy, Lane. You're just going to have to do it." (I Get a Sidekick Out of You)

25. Luke and Lorelai come back from a date and hear something - possibly a raccoon - in the garage. "Kirk! Wake up." "Annnd he’s naked." "Oh, Kirk! Geez!" "Where am I?" "You’re in my house, Kirk." "You’re in my boat, Kirk." "I’m exposed." "We know, Kirk." "Yeah, let’s do something about that, huh, Kirk?" (Pulp Friction)

26. Lorelai finds Miss Patty crying outside of Fran's funeral and sits down to comfort her while Rory runs into Doose's for kleenex. "I'm gonna get her to the church." "I'll meet you there." "Come on, let's go." "You know, it's times like these that you realize what is truly important in your life. I'm so glad I had all that sex." "Hurry, honey!" (Say Goodnight, Gracie)

29. The band meets Gil for the first time. "Whoa." "Yeah." "He's....he's...." "Old. Just say it, dude. Grandpa's old." "He's not a grandpa." "Did you know how old he was?" "He sounded young on the phone." "Right here, he's got some lines. That blows my mind." "What is he, late thirties?" "Approaching forty." "Forty?" "He was alive before man walked on the moon." "Don't do that, man. You're freaking me out." (The Festival of Living Art)

4, 15 - Both really funny but something's gotta go.

Vote against just one now.

1. Lorelai stops by Kim's Antiques. "Oh, hey, Mrs. Kim." "Hello, Lorelai. What can I do for you?" "Well, do you still have the big door knockers -- metal with the chipped red paint? [Mrs. Kim picks up a door knocker.] You're a magician. Do you know that? Oh, it's great. Isn't it big?" "And good price, seeing as how it may have belonged to James Madison. It was commonly known that James Madison liked big knockers." "I bet a lot of the founding fathers liked big knockers. ....... I'm sorry for laughing. I'd explain if I could." "It's a double entendre. I've been in this country 20 years. I get things." (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

2. Luke and Lorelai go to Sniffy's Tavern for their first real date. "Is this like a Mafia thing?" "Excuse me?" "The whole coming in, special table, reserved sign. Are you gonna have to whack someone before the soup course?" "No, I've filled my whacking quota for the week. [cringes] Dirty?" "Extremely." (Written in the Stars)

3. Rory and Lorelai discuss laundry. "One of us has to do laundry tonight." "Why?" "Because I haven't had any clean underwear for three days." "So right now under your skirt you're wearing...?" "Not underwear." "Mom!" "It's kinda nice, actually -- breezy." "My role model, ladies and gentlemen." (Kiss and Tell)

13. Rachel, looking fresh as a daisy with no airplane hair in sight, steps back into Luke's life. "I'm Lorelai." "Oh yeah. She's Lorelai." "I'm Luke's friend." "Yeah. She uh, uh, works at the Independence Inn." "I run it, actually." "Sorry, she runs it." "Wow, I love that place." "Oh!" "That must be a pretty big job." "It is! It's crazy. There's always something happening. Like, we just put these coffee makers in all the rooms, but only half of them work. They just like shake and gurgle, like they're having some kind of a fit. Why were you in the Mideast?" "I was doing a photo story, on how Palestinian and Israeli families have been affected by the violence." "Uh huh, well, so you understand about the job pressure." "Yeah." (Star Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers)

16. After finding out Luke and Lorelai are engaged, Babette shares the story of how Morey proposed. "Morey proposed to me spontaneously. Did I ever tell you the story?" "Um, no." "It was a brisk fall night, and Morey was on top. No, wait, I was on top." "What?" "Hold on! Stony Morrison was on top." "Babette!" "We were playing Twister. Did I not mention that?" "No!" "I probably should have." (New and Improved Lorelai)

21. Lorelai wakes up wanting coffee after sleeping with Luke for the first time and he's too asleep to warn her not to go down to the diner. "Well, I think people are gonna know." "What? What are you talking about? [fully awake now] Why are you wearing my shirt?" "I put it on to go get coffee." "Downstairs?" "Well, you don't keep it upstairs." "The diner's open." "You're kidding!" "You walked into the diner like that?" "I didn't think the diner could open without you." "I had Caesar open." "Well, he did, with a floor show." (Written in the Stars)

22. Richard and Emily worry that Rory is planning to have relations with Logan and call in a minister to warn her of the dangers of premarital sex. "You know, Rory, being a young lady comes with many gifts. Your virtue, for example, is a gift, a precious gift. Possibly the most precious gift you possess." "Uh-huh." "You want to give this gift very carefully. It is a gift you can give to only one man. Once you give it, it's gone. You can't re-gift it. If you give it away too soon to the wrong man, then when the right one does come along, you have no gift to give. You'll have to buy him a sweater. Do you understand what I'm saying?" "No." "Think long and hard about when and to whom you want to give the ultimate gift you have to give away." "Oh." "Yes." "Oh, dear." "Oh, dear, indeed." "Um...well, listen, Reverend. I really appreciate you taking the time out of what I assume is a busy day to come here and talk to me about...all of this, but, um, I'm afraid the ultimate-gift ship has sailed." "What?" "A while ago. It's probably in Fiji by now." (Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number)

23. Mrs. Kim has The Talk with Lane on her wedding day. "Marriage is a job, Lane. There are rewards that come with this job, but there are also sacrifices. There are things you're going to have to do." "Things?" "Terrible things." "Mama, you don't have to…" "You need to hear this, you need to know what to expect. It will start early." "What will?" "The man's expectations. It starts early, at the wedding, actually. At the wedding, you're going to have to kiss him." "Mama." "You will then be expected to share a bed tonight, and when you’re in that bed you're expected to…" "Mama, please." "You're going to have to do it with this boy, Lane. You're just going to have to do it." (I Get a Sidekick Out of You)

25. Luke and Lorelai come back from a date and hear something - possibly a raccoon - in the garage. "Kirk! Wake up." "Annnd he’s naked." "Oh, Kirk! Geez!" "Where am I?" "You’re in my house, Kirk." "You’re in my boat, Kirk." "I’m exposed." "We know, Kirk." "Yeah, let’s do something about that, huh, Kirk?" (Pulp Friction)

26. Lorelai finds Miss Patty crying outside of Fran's funeral and sits down to comfort her while Rory runs into Doose's for kleenex. "I'm gonna get her to the church." "I'll meet you there." "Come on, let's go." "You know, it's times like these that you realize what is truly important in your life. I'm so glad I had all that sex." "Hurry, honey!" (Say Goodnight, Gracie)

29. The band meets Gil for the first time. "Whoa." "Yeah." "He's....he's...." "Old. Just say it, dude. Grandpa's old." "He's not a grandpa." "Did you know how old he was?" "He sounded young on the phone." "Right here, he's got some lines. That blows my mind." "What is he, late thirties?" "Approaching forty." "Forty?" "He was alive before man walked on the moon." "Don't do that, man. You're freaking me out." (The Festival of Living Art)

29 - I may be the only one, but I think the band's initial reaction to Gil is hilarious and entirely believable. I do like that they get over his age fairly quickly, though, instead of making it a "thing" forever. It wouldn't take long for it to get really tiring.

Voting 25 out mostly because it's not memorable to me.

26 out. Funny, but eh.

3 - Amusing, but rather inappropriate.

13 - Nice intro to Rachel, awkward for Lorelai but acceptably so (unlike her moments around Nicole which were absurd).

22 - I really have nothing to say about this scene, LOL.

16 - Aw man. This is hands-down one of the funniest scenes in the whole series to me! Luke's reactions are priceless. "Babette!" Hahahahahaha.